Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Some set videos from Transformers 4.

Optimus moves down the road. Suddenly, explosions!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4n3eqszkkE

This one makes the Freightliner looks like it's chasing Optimus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlTjH4nHOpI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Just as an FYI apparently BBTS has the new Wreckers Ruination figures in stock. Since there have been zero announcements of them being released in Japan I bit the bullet and grabbed them.

The Protoform X doesn't look half bad, but Transmutate? Really? I love Beast Wars like crazy but that figure is even giving me pause.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
According to TFW2005, one of the upcoming subscription figures will be:

"Ironfist from Generations 2.0 Roadbuster / Swindle 'because five Wreckers from Hasbro isn't enough'"

Ok, first off, given they crappiness of that Wreckers combiner, 1 Wrecker from Hasbro is more than enough. Second, why the gently caress would I pay $90 for that lovely mold next year when there's a gorgeous 3rd party Ironfist coming out this year? The only way Hasbro's plan could be worse is if their version of Ironfist also gives you hep-c.

But they made me that Rhinox so I still wuvvy wuv wuv them omg omg it's been a day and the high still hasn't worn off

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I still want to see Tailgate and Whirl, but I am ridiculously excited.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

What do subscription figures have to do with Hasbro?

Ka0 posted:

I'm so happy they made a Cosmos, even if it's legends (which is almost redundant since they already made a legends Cosmos years ago). I hope he shows up on Kre O and at least deluxe.
The fact they come with another little dude makes me pretty sure those are in the overpriced two pack size class like the recent OP/Roller thing.

edit: Yeah if I'm not clear that's my point, Swerve looks like a decent scout, not a legends.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 30, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Aren't those closer to commanders than legion size? Also they're more articulated than regular legends so Cosmos is a 100% upgrade.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
SDCC Metroplex actually comes with decoys :dance:

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Spiderdrake posted:

What do subscription figures have to do with Hasbro?
They're characters that Hasbro has no plans of doing a figure for. From what I heard, fun pub had a huge list of proposed figures for the 2nd subscription and they were almost all rejected because Hasbro already had plans for the character.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
That means they're not doing a new Chromedome? :ohdear:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

That means they're not doing a new Chromedome? :ohdear:

I feel like we've just seen practically everything we're going to see until the movie line takes over next May.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Peaugh and Vangelus have reviews up for the first two members of the Retro-Future Glacialord and they look AMAZING. According to sources on Twitter, they'll be available at TFCon for 30 dollars a limb, 50 for the Torso. MAYBE only the first two will be available, the torso guy is still up in the air right now.

They're like G1-aesthetic combiners, big and chunky and blocky, but with articulation hidden inside and around the limbs. They're also all headmasters and have scramble-city compatibility with G1 combiners.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Keldroc posted:

I feel like we've just seen practically everything we're going to see until the movie line takes over next May.

I sincerely hope not, if they're really going for the 30th anniversary thing. All we're left with unseen is Tailgate and Whirl, and I imagine them hitting early 2014.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

I sincerely hope not, if they're really going for the 30th anniversary thing. All we're left with unseen is Tailgate and Whirl, and I imagine them hitting early 2014.

Maybe it's just because they've hit the top two slots of my wish list* (Blitzwing and Rhinox) but I am ready to declare this 30th Anniversary thing a success based on these reveals even if this is all we get until the movie line. Have I mentioned lately how wrong I was that Classics-style stuff is dead? I brought that idea up often enough that my incorrectitude bears repeating. Because even with the QC and plastic quality being so dismal right now, I was just brimming over with wrongness. Pass the crow. Etc.

*Ironfist is No. 3 so you could make a case they gave me my top three but that's really more of a "monkey's paw" fulfillment rather than actually producing a new mold or using one of the half-dozen molds that'd make a GREAT Ironfist.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Im more suprised we're seeing Whirl instead of, yknow.. Rodimus but I'll buy all the MTMTE figures anyway.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I haven't purchased a Transformer since the US Masterpiece Rodimus release (I pretty much only get Masterpiece releases) but that Metroplex is mighty tempting. The Beast Wars toys look nice too.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Rei_ posted:

Peaugh and Vangelus have reviews up for the first two members of the Retro-Future Glacialord and they look AMAZING. According to sources on Twitter, they'll be available at TFCon for 30 dollars a limb, 50 for the Torso. MAYBE only the first two will be available, the torso guy is still up in the air right now.

They're like G1-aesthetic combiners, big and chunky and blocky, but with articulation hidden inside and around the limbs. They're also all headmasters and have scramble-city compatibility with G1 combiners.

I love Scramble City combiners, and this one looks like it's gonna be a blast. Makes me think of a ice age themed Predaking. The only downside for me is that the two robot modes seen so far look really similar, but I guess if you're going for that G1 brick-robot style there's not a lot you can do to change it. The headmaster gimmick is a nice treat on top of everything, and for that price, I'm picking this up as soon as it's available.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

It's going to be a nice break from the other third party combiners with their insane pricepoints and massive size. I think FP actually made a really competitive decision here.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
In regards to the hilariously bad upcoming BH deluxes, I'm glad they're at least focusing their effort on making the 30th anniv. Generations figures excellent. I probably wouldn't have been able to muster up any amount of care for upcoming Beast Hunters dudes even if they were actually made well, so relegating those toys to KO-quality legends upscales doesn't really make me that mad. Plus, new Cosmos! (The old legends Cosmos was both terrible and hard-to-find so I wholeheartedly welcome another iteration of ~*SPACE DOORBELL*~)

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I hope you're right, but I still remember the months of nothing in the springs of 2009 and 2011.

Veg posted:

Im more suprised we're seeing Whirl instead of, yknow.. Rodimus but I'll buy all the MTMTE figures anyway.

Maybe they wanted to renew the trademark on Whirl. Or, since they don't like to cross the streams on the CHUG line and the main line...maybe Rodimus is making an appearance in TF4.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
The MTMTE and BW stuff looks great so far, high hopes for what Whirl will look like.

What's the story with US releases for all the current MPs? Will Sideswipe make it stateside?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Rodimus' wasn't going to get a voyager with his MTME altmode, and as a deluxe it would be another sports car on the shelf fighting for space with all the Bumblebees.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Rei_ posted:

Welp, I know what I'm gonna buy at TFCon now!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I bought airfare and booked a room, yay. Spiderdrake will be relieved.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

strangehamster posted:

I bought airfare and booked a room, yay. Spiderdrake will be relieved.
What, no, now I have to go for delicious boxesssssssss nooooo

Where did you book your stay? (This applies to Gammatron and anyone else going)

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Why cookie Rocket posted:

there's a gorgeous 3rd party Ironfist coming out this year
Wait, what's this? I hadn't heard about this I guess.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Wait, what's this? I hadn't heard about this I guess.

3rd Party Ironfist renders

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Get ready to camp TRU.com on July 18th:

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/p...www.toysrus.com

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/p...www.toysrus.com

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Well at least $120 is an insanely good price for MP Soundwave and his five cassettes. Now to see how many of us actually are lucky enough to pay that price. :rodimus:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm tempted to pay the full price just to get the last two cassettes I need.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

What, no, now I have to go for delicious boxesssssssss nooooo

Where did you book your stay? (This applies to Gammatron and anyone else going)

The Delta Meadowvale in Mississauga which is where the con is going to be held. If you can get a room there, I would highly recommend it so you don't have to drive to the con, and so its easy just to take your bags up to your room and whatnot (as well as easy access to the bar).

http://www.tfcon.ca/2013-hotel-information

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

When do these typically actually go on sale? I need that Soundwave.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I wonder if I should get Glaciallord. At $30 a pop, with a $50 leader, they end up at about $170. I also don't have a Computron or Abominus. For that much, I could probably get one of those, too.

Okay, well, maybe I should get a Computron and Glacial Lord, because let's be honest here, except for Hun-Grrr all the Terrorcons look like happy meal toys.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

I'm tempted to pay the full price just to get the last two cassettes I need.

If you do this, I'll pay retail for it WITHOUT those two cassettes. If you can solve the hassle of acquiring one and shipping it, I'd be glad to basically let you have those cassettes for free.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

If you do this, I'll pay retail for it WITHOUT those two cassettes. If you can solve the hassle of acquiring one and shipping it, I'd be glad to basically let you have those cassettes for free.

Sounds good to me, since I'm ordering Acid Storm ill be on the site that day anyway. We'll see what happens on July 18th.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

When do these typically actually go on sale? I need that Soundwave.

When Prime went up I want to say it was like, 6AM EST, cause I had to have one of my buddies call me at 3AM to wake my rear end up to jump on the site and order it. So I'd say Check at midnight EST, midnight PST, then 6AM EST and finally 6AM PST. Or just keep watching this thread, cause I'm sure once it goes up I'll freak out and post about it.

edit: Here's the desktop site links

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038406

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

The Rage posted:

When Prime went up I want to say it was like, 6AM EST, cause I had to have one of my buddies call me at 3AM to wake my rear end up to jump on the site and order it. So I'd say Check at midnight EST, midnight PST, then 6AM EST and finally 6AM PST. Or just keep watching this thread, cause I'm sure once it goes up I'll freak out and post about it.

edit: Here's the desktop site links

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038406

How fast do they usually sell out?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

How fast do they usually sell out?

Depends on the character. Thundercracker stuck around for 12 hours or so. Prime was gone in a couple hours.

And that was just the first time TC went up, he's still available as far as I know.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The important thing to know about Soundwave is if his arm and fingers are poseable enough to tap his own eject button. And if he's thick enough to put multiple tapes in his chest at once, so they can keep coming out in one go.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

therealjon_ posted:

Sounds good to me, since I'm ordering Acid Storm ill be on the site that day anyway. We'll see what happens on July 18th.

I love it, done and done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Steve Vader posted:

The important thing to know about Soundwave is if his arm and fingers are poseable enough to tap his own eject button. And if he's thick enough to put multiple tapes in his chest at once, so they can keep coming out in one go.

He can, and he does carry three. But I'm extra careful with the index finger since it can pop off and fly away easily if you're careless.

Other than that it's a dream toy and I love mine and its five minions to death. You guys HAVE to get this one, don't miss out.