Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Leperflesh posted:

Uhhh. Hey Krushgroove, can someone make a diorama be a get based out? I think that might run counter to the idea of get based out - as a fancy base, rather than as part of a diorama.

EDIT: OK, no, these two are mutually exclusive categories, for a different reason. According to the rules, your Diorama is not eligible for judging (in the monthly judging), but Get Based Out is eligible for monthly judge's points. You need to pick one or the other, so the judges will know whether to consider your model.

FoW uses a lot of vignette scenes for commander models, so I took a cue from that. Although I believe it's playable in IABSM (I haven't seen any have any firm basing scheme), it's fragile and I'd be afraid to roll dice anywhere near it. So I'll count it as Diorama instead, if I can.

Leperflesh posted:

On very close inspection... I'm just not sure. Seems more like weathering, as per OneTrueBru above, but the models are so small I can't really tell. It is legit to just paint on damage. Is anyone bleeding? Any bullet holes? One could argue that foxhole diorama is itself an example of battle damage...
On balance I haven't awarded the points yet, but if you can show me a photo that would clearly qualify (or again if Krushgroove overrules me) I'll award them.

It feels silly to miss out points for battle damage when I put a casualty in the trench, but I didn't paint anything extra to indicate damage. Is an intact image of a destroyed thing still damaged? This is a question for philosophers and Krushgroove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

EVERYONE

With the exceptions noted in this post, I believe I'm now caught up for June. Please check your points on The Spreadsheet and make sure you've received credit where it is due. Now is the time to speak up, before judging happens and prizes are awarded. There's a ton of bookkeeping for this thread, so I'm bound to make mistakes... only you can save me from them.

I just noticed something I missed that you picked up--I forgot to put the conversion reference in my oath-completed post, but you have it on record in the spreadsheet. Thanks for including that, Leperflesh!

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Leperflesh posted:

For Detektuv's Jurnal, I have given you one point for doing May's theme. Unless you did battle damage somewhere, which is the June theme. Per the rules in the OP, you can get 2 points for doing that month's theme, or 1 point for doing any previous month's theme.

Did the chipped armor or chunk of hull plating not count as Battle Damage?

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

Leperflesh posted:

EVERYONE

With the exceptions noted in this post, I believe I'm now caught up for June. Please check your points on The Spreadsheet and make sure you've received credit where it is due. Now is the time to speak up, before judging happens and prizes are awarded. There's a ton of bookkeeping for this thread, so I'm bound to make mistakes... only you can save me from them.

An amazing amount of work done this month guys, I'm blown away as always by the quality and the variety of your modelwork. Great job!

I am missing credit for I rolled a 6... from my wreck markers. Everything else looks good for me!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I'm missing credit for this conversion, but I also didn't post these photos:

Look at this guy. Just shaking his fist at the Axis powers.

This is heat-deformed blister-pack plastic. Yes, that's a paperclip. (1/72 is too small for conversions.)

Trim that plastic down a bit and now he's got a flag!

e:(This looked terrible as WIP.)

moths fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 1, 2013

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Is it ok if I quote a whole bunch of pics that I think are especially awesome? I don't want to clutter the thread. :ohdear:

That NMM :allears: So shiny! :sparkles:

I like these guys. They have nice green pants.

I love the little added details, like the cigar and the gold tooth.

Has anyone told you you're awesome? Cos you're awesome.

Pretty colours! Was this airbrushed?

Red Shoe posted:

These fantastic conversions were done by forums member BuffaloChicken. My contributions are the paint and bases.
:cthulhu: SO. drat. COOL. Those bio-fan-wing-things are fantastic.

Me and my housemate love the bright blue.

That's really neat how you painted the bullet holes!

An excellent board, and some excellent terrifying monsters.

This guy looks great. The high contrast on the face really makes the features stand out.

Great conversion, and a fun colour scheme.

These are so creepy! (In a good way)

Purple orks are great. Those zombie horses are also great. This is all great.

So clean! How did you get it so crisp? And the broken console is fantastic.

moths posted:

How exactly do we do this?

e: That is, where do we upload them to? Just comment on their page with the images? Put them in a specific gallery or message them?

e2: ...On second thought, posting a swastika on facebook is potentially troublesome no matter what the context.

That was a misinterpretation of the G&G facebook event; there are no prizes, sorry. It's meant to be a chance to share your painting with other G&G fans, to build community spirit and good will etc. But still feel free to post your pictures! (If they are facebook safe)

The event is here, and it's finished for June but they might run it again in future months.

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 1, 2013

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Leperflesh posted:

Who made these models, please? Also, you missed a point by not putting your username in your oath complete photo.

I've been lazy with the username since I don't get points anyways! Ashcans found out after I posted my original image that they're Junkers from Urban War by Mammoth.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Oh, hope it's not too late. Can I get Themed Group On mine too? I got the DA's and the Guardian's in their respective squads, all Altansar craftworld colors.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Leperflesh posted:

Counts for both is fine. And the Oath Thread loves you too, IrvingWashington.

yay!

I'm missing the 'y' in Themed Group on the 'June 2013' tab, but you have both months' groups linked on the Bi-monthly prizes May/June so I don't think it matters, but post count is everything in this day and age.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.

Leperflesh posted:

Themed group? Also, since you did the Detektuv's Jurnal as well as Box Art, I've credited you for Double the Fun.

I actually hadn't been thinking of a themed group, they're just all the same for unit coherency. Or was there something that I did and missed taking the credit for?

nathonicus
May 2, 2013

moths posted:

This is heat-deformed blister-pack plastic. Yes, that's a paperclip. (1/72 is too small for conversions.)

I love this! When I looked over your post I thought the mini came that way. I didn't notice it was a conversion. Nice work.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fyrbrand posted:

Edited the post per request!

Got it. Thanks!

moths posted:

FoW uses a lot of vignette scenes for commander models, so I took a cue from that. Although I believe it's playable in IABSM (I haven't seen any have any firm basing scheme), it's fragile and I'd be afraid to roll dice anywhere near it. So I'll count it as Diorama instead, if I can.

It feels silly to miss out points for battle damage when I put a casualty in the trench, but I didn't paint anything extra to indicate damage. Is an intact image of a destroyed thing still damaged? This is a question for philosophers and Krushgroove.

Diorama it is. I'm leaning towards the guy face down in the dirt as counting, but let's see what the other guy has to say.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I just noticed something I missed that you picked up--I forgot to put the conversion reference in my oath-completed post, but you have it on record in the spreadsheet. Thanks for including that, Leperflesh!

Yeah, where someone's mentioned they're doing a conversion I do try to hunt down the pics before I give up and ask. You're good.

Hermetic posted:

Did the chipped armor or chunk of hull plating not count as Battle Damage?

You need to point things out to me. I'm not familiar with most of the models people paint... and your photos are also a little dark. The base decoration does not count (per an earlier discussion) but chipped armor would. You're going to need to tell me where to look to see it, though.

Red Shoe posted:

I am missing credit for I rolled a 6... from my wreck markers. Everything else looks good for me!

Ahah, yeah I missed that. You're credited now.

moths posted:

I'm missing credit for this conversion, but I also didn't post these photos:

Look at this guy. Just shaking his fist at the Axis powers.

Please edit the missing photos into your Oath Complete post. You have my permission to have a post-deadline edit stamp. I've credited you for the conversion work.

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I've been lazy with the username since I don't get points anyways! Ashcans found out after I posted my original image that they're Junkers from Urban War by Mammoth.
Some googling informs me this company is called "Urban Mammoth".

You can't get points, but I don't see why your photos shouldn't go in the monthly slideshow anyway!

Brock Samsonite posted:

Oh, hope it's not too late. Can I get Themed Group On mine too? I got the DA's and the Guardian's in their respective squads, all Altansar craftworld colors.

Sure thing.

IrvingWashington posted:

yay!

I'm missing the 'y' in Themed Group on the 'June 2013' tab, but you have both months' groups linked on the Bi-monthly prizes May/June so I don't think it matters, but post count is everything in this day and age.

Fixed. And it does matter, since I might use that column for a query. Thanks!

Haydrian posted:

I actually hadn't been thinking of a themed group, they're just all the same for unit coherency. Or was there something that I did and missed taking the credit for?

If you paint a group of models with the same theme, you can qualify for the bimonthly themed group drawing! Might as well, right? The minimum number of models needed to qualify depends on size; the rules are in one of the first posts in the thread.

I ask a lot of folks when I see a group that would clearly qualify, but the poster didn't specifically say "themed group".

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

Iris of Ether posted:

Fantastic. I wish these minis were a larger scale, though - I have a lot of sewer terrain that needs that extra something.

:colbert:

(I think it's 5mm, though, so you still beat me. That's insanely small!)

Cheers Iris of Ether! I approve of your thumbnail scale measuring scheme, so here is a bonus pic to compare turtles

I would also like to thank Leperflesh for doing all the hard work keeping track of points and everybody else involved in the thread :-)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

Leperflesh posted:

I have you down on the spreadsheet as having done a conversion, and I have an After photo, but not a Before. Did we already talk about this? If not, can you supply a before photo, showing the unconverted models?

Sorry about that, you can remove me from the conversion bit of the spreadsheet. I didn't remember to take a before picture, and most of the work I did was kit-bashing - there's no real conversion here. I'll do a proper, documented conversion another month.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Quick question, sparked by Red Shoe getting I rolled a 6 for his wreck markers - When I did my wreck markers for 40k, y'all didn't give them I rolled a 6 (rather, they were called terain), even though I claimed it over terrain (they are used to replace Annhilation Barges that get blown up rather than stand-alone terrain). I can always make another game-aid to get the points later in the contest, I was just curious as to the distinction between wreck markers for 40k vs Warmachine (or perhaps something else I was missing?)

Leperflesh posted:

My question to you is, what exactly are your wrecked ship thingies? If they're just "rough terrain" you'd put on the board at the start of a fight, I'd call them Terrain. If they're "wrecked vehicle" markers that you put on the board when your stuff gets blown up, I'd call them game aids. If they're somehow dual-purpose, like you could use them for either one, then I think you've been very clever and maybe they're both, but I want to consult with krushgroove before I just plop them into both categories.

Germ posted:

As these are markers/game aids, I'm going to claim either I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01 or Terrain The markers are intended as wreck markers and not stand alone terrain, but I'll take what I can get!

Leperflesh posted:

Alright, as of now I've credited you for: A complete oath, with basing, the 2-point June Detektuv's Jurnal, Speed Paint, and a Themed Group.

I have not given credit for I rolled a 6, nor for a conversion.

As krushgroove said, this is basically making a judgement call and then trying to make that call consistent for everyone, even if in some cases it winds up being kind of splitting hairs.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
Leperflesh Yes, themed group, as per my post. I'll make it easier to spot next time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Galaspar posted:

Sorry about that, you can remove me from the conversion bit of the spreadsheet. I didn't remember to take a before picture, and most of the work I did was kit-bashing - there's no real conversion here. I'll do a proper, documented conversion another month.

Sure thing.

Buffalo squeeze posted:

Leperflesh Yes, themed group, as per my post. I'll make it easier to spot next time.

Ah you had it in your bold "oath complete" title! I must have skimmed over that. Sorry!

Germ posted:

Quick question, sparked by Red Shoe getting I rolled a 6 for his wreck markers - When I did my wreck markers for 40k, y'all didn't give them I rolled a 6 (rather, they were called terain), even though I claimed it over terrain (they are used to replace Annhilation Barges that get blown up rather than stand-alone terrain). I can always make another game-aid to get the points later in the contest, I was just curious as to the distinction between wreck markers for 40k vs Warmachine (or perhaps something else I was missing?)

I basically went on what krushgroove said, here:

krushgroove posted:

Yes, they're intended to be separate things. A marker, set of dice or template is one thing, the blast markers I would call terrain for sure. In 40K wrecked vehicles are kept in place and count as terrain as well as hard cover, and craters mark blown-up vehicles (or start the game as terrain) and count as difficult terrain to cross as well as soft cover.

If it gets placed permanently on the board as terrain, we're not calling that a "marker". Red Shoe's markers are clearly that: they're on round miniature bases, they're the size of individual minis, and are clearly intended to just mark a spot where someone blew up.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.

Leperflesh posted:

If you paint a group of models with the same theme, you can qualify for the bimonthly themed group drawing! Might as well, right? The minimum number of models needed to qualify depends on size; the rules are in one of the first posts in the thread.

I ask a lot of folks when I see a group that would clearly qualify, but the poster didn't specifically say "themed group".

Ah, I understand. I had thought based on the page one post that it had to be a conversion theme, like they were all painted to look like something else. Say I had taken my same models them and painted them as a soccer team or as a group of gladiators or something. Looking back on it, that was a silly thing to assume, thanks for the double check. :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

I disagree; see above. Box Art isn't about replicating someone else's scratchbuilt model pose: it's about replicating the manufacturer's advertised paint scheme. Hermetic's paint job, while attractive, does not copy the color scheme of that other model; nor is it that model, nor is that model from the manufacturer. That's three strikes against, in my opinion. We can discuss it offline if you strongly disagree, though! :)

On further reflection I concur, I missed the fact it's not the same paint scheme, which should have instantly put it out of contention. I was going to claim Box Art for the model I did but didn't look at the actual box art until after I'd finished, and there are 2 or 3 areas where the colors are just a bit different.

Schmetterling posted:

That was a misinterpretation of the G&G facebook event; there are no prizes, sorry. It's meant to be a chance to share your painting with other G&G fans, to build community spirit and good will etc. But still feel free to post your pictures! (If they are facebook safe)

The event is here, and it's finished for June but they might run it again in future months.
Yes, sorry, there are no prizes for posting in the Games & Gears Facebook page, it's more of a 'thank you' for sponsoring - actually if anyone wants to post on any of the sponsor's Facebook pages (if they have one, some may not) saying 'thanks from Something Awful!' that would be really, really great :)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Good work people, some lovely models in June :)

Can't wait to see this months Detektiv's Jurnal! :iamafag:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Germ posted:

Leperflesh already covered this, and when you quoted him his last line basically covered this: 'this is basically making a judgement call and then trying to make that call consistent for everyone, even if in some cases it winds up being kind of splitting hairs.' We try to be consistent on this, but it can be tough and there are things that come up that aren't anticipated.

I think the fault here is that when I came up with the 'I rolled a 1!...' bonus I didn't think about how different game aids such as wreck markers, die rollers (like the pop-up die roller or dice towers) and such can BE terrain - the original intent was to actually make or paint up dice (you can find blank dice in game shops) or objective markers (like the 40K servo skull die holders, or a dead/wounded guy, or a box of ammo, etc.), and that grew into things like wreck markers, etc., so that this bonus could suit games OTHER than 40K. In response to that, some of you guys have come up with some really creative and fun ideas that have presented us with a fun challenge :) So, like I said, it can seem like splitting hairs when we talk about terrain in one game being a marker in another game, but if you're OK with making another game aid in the sense that I originally envisioned for this bonus, please do so. I will clarify this in the OP so it's clearer. If you want to discuss it further please drop me an email at krushgroove169 at gmail.

e: didn't mean to hit reply, mean to c&p this into my last post, so thanks enri for not making this a double-post ;)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Detektuv’s Jurnal, Month 3
Well we gots away from that crazy ting goin’ on between da humies an’ dem pointy-eared poncies. All oi could o was jump back tru da glowy door but where did I find meself but in some dark city place, surrounded by people in trenchcoats! Dis wuznt me office at all! An’ here i woz wittout me arm!

It was all rainy and some people had glowy eyes, and dere were even flyin’ cars going about! It woz really dark...but oi had to get me arm fixed so we asked aroun and after sum time found a shop that had sum DIY bitz. We walked out wit sum glue and nails and oo noze wot else. Da furst time, I stuck me arm on backwards. Da second, it hung on for a minute den fell right off again. Da gloo just woznt workin. It woz gonna hafta be a visit wiv a doc.

Wandrin round a bit more, oi found a place dat had a red cross in front. Dat doktor fixed me up good, 'e 'ad a crackin' new metal one fer me. Dis one could punch froo a wall, and 'ad a handy bottle opener on it!

Oi tell ya, we walked down dat street feelin like a new ork! Now it’s just time for me ta relax wit a stogie and a drink!

This month’s theme: Cut And Swap! Change something somewhere on your model that noticeably changes the model. You must CUT something from the model, and then SWAP that part for something different, or at least reposition that part (like changing the pose of an arm or leg).

This can be:
- a weapon (change a pistol to sword, or a gladius to a scimitar, etc. - most suitable for vehicles, but use your imagination)
- a head (change your armored figure from male to female, from helmeted to not-helmeted, etc.)
- an arm (reposition the arm to change the pose somehow)
- a leg (reposition the leg to make the model standing on a skull, chest or rock, etc.)
- a tail
- a book or scroll
etcetera

As always, you are free to do sculpting or total conversion work, but the focus should be on the painting.

If you are assembling a model from parts, and the model has a variety of parts you can add to it (like a 40K space marine squad or a tank with various weapons), get creative! Put a weapon or something in a different location than originally intended (maybe an underslung lascannon instead of shoulder-mounted? or fitted to a backpack!), add a figure to a vehicle or something along those lines!

Examples: If you're assembling something like a Space Marine squad with separate arms, heads, torso, etc., putting one limb on a strange position doesn't count - that's too simple! You need to actually CUT a wrist or elbow and end up with a significantly different pose. You can also just glue on a different backpack from another set, or use a different head from a another set. If you're doing one-piece models for, say, Flame of War or Malifaux, make the model have a foot on a skull or weapons crate or something. Cut a head off and have it turn in a different way. Cut the shoulder and make the model point instead of have its arm straight down. That sort of thing.

To make sure we get the full flavor of the CUT AND SWAP theme this month, this month we'd like to see TWO PICTURES before you start painting: a 'BEFORE' picture as your initial oath picture with timestamp, do your Cut And Swap, take a SECOND, 'AFTER' PICTURE and then carry on with your painting. As always we'll need to see your Oath Complete picture before the end of the month!

If you've already converted your model, find a picture of it before conversion, provide a link or post the pictures and you're all good.

So just to be clear:
1. post your oath picture (this is your BEFORE picture) for approval
2. do the Cut And Swap
3. post the AFTER picture before painting (quote your original oath if you can)
4. carry on painting
5. post your Oath Complete picture

And remember, the judges will be giving 1 point EACH for the best Cut And Swap done this month!

If you don’t want to do this Detektuv’s Jurnal or you just can’t see a way to do it on your chosen model(s), you can do any previous Jurnal to earn 1 point this month (instead of the 2 for doing the July Jurnal), but your Jurnal entry won’t be eligible for points from the judges.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 1, 2013

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Oooh tricksy... an interesting jurnal :) shall have a think on that! :D

edit: tricksy, I was planning on doing some 6mm stuff this month, conversions count right? there'll be cutting and there'll be gluing from a few different models :)

enri fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 1, 2013

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
And I just finished cutting n' swapping a hand on a model as you posted that. D'oh.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I, Loxbourne, by the powers vested in me by this paintbrush, hereby Oath to paint the following from Spartan Games' Firestorm Armada range:

Dindrenzi dreadnought (the big two-pronged thing).

Terran dreadnought
Terran battleship
Terran cruisers x 2
Terran destroyers x 2

The photo came out very dark for some reason. Any tips on how to fix that from more experienced photographers would be appreciated.

This is my maiden oath, so Aww, It's A Baby. I believe it comes under Tiny for scale. I am claiming the Terrans for themed group and intend to do them all as box art.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

thiswayliesmadness posted:

And I just finished cutting n' swapping a hand on a model as you posted that. D'oh.

Did you start the cutting today (as in, the 1st of July?)

Don't forget to provide a link to the original box art when you're finished!

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
For clarification, I have some ork nob bikers from FW that require this kind of cutting - whole parts of the bike get removed from the plastic kit. Does this count? Or do I need to be creative here? (OH NO!)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Updated my OC post with the conversions photos. (They were left on my phone instead of my camera :doh:)

Man, this month's going to be a rough journal.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Bavius posted:

For clarification, I have some ork nob bikers from FW that require this kind of cutting - whole parts of the bike get removed from the plastic kit. Does this count? Or do I need to be creative here? (OH NO!)

Yes, you're fine, because you're removing something from the model and replacing it with something else. You don't have to sculpt anything, you can replace a part of the original model with something manufactured from a 3rd party or original manufacturer.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
That's great news, time to get out the jeweler's saw!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I just realized that Bones are coming this week. That's going to open up a lot of options!

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Same here Bones brother! A part of me wants to wait and see how badly I want to paint up Cthulu.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm in the UK...I haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet :(

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Red Shoe posted:

Nurgle Heldrakes, too large to be contained by a mere 8 1/2x11 backdrop.

These fantastic conversions were done by forums member BuffaloChicken. My contributions are the paint and bases.

Those things are truly disgusting.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Congratulations! You are the very first person to successfully Save da Whales for this year's thread!

As an aside: please in the future separate out the photo from Saving the Whales so it's distinct from you regular oath. The reason this is important is that your Whales models are not eligible for the monthly judging. It won't be obvious to Krushgroove when he's making the slideshow, that your fourth photo doesn't belong in the show, but photos 1-3 and 5 do.

Once again I don't mean to pick on you, this is for everyone's benefit.
:doh: That's what I get for sending in my completed pic half an hour before the deadline. And FYI, the Morats are "saved whales" in name only - they are from the previous season so apparently I don't get points for completing them. Still, good to have them done.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Leperflesh posted:

You need to point things out to me. I'm not familiar with most of the models people paint... and your photos are also a little dark. The base decoration does not count (per an earlier discussion) but chipped armor would. You're going to need to tell me where to look to see it, though.

Fair enough. It is somewhat subtle, and the photography's somewhat terrible.

Here are 4 of my final photographs with the battle damage highlighted:

Hope that helps!

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Well, after my shameful oath-breaking I'm back with a more modest oath. I have 3 of the same Necromunda juves, so I'm hacking one of them up to create some variety.

I, TheBlobThing, oath to paint this 1 Necromunda Escher juve from GW!

2 images with and without flash, so you can see both the model and the timestamp.

Edit: On second thought, I edited out the second photo because you can very clearly see the timestamp, and I don't want to clutter up the thread.

Fish and Chimps fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 1, 2013

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Leperflesh posted:

Ashcans, themed group?

I forgot all about that. Yes, I'd like to claim the Themed Group thingy! :v: Should I amend my oath complete post?

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
So since I normally prime my models after they are put together would it be unacceptable if in the first picture if the parts weren't all one color so long as in the second picture they are? I have a lot of old models and bitz I got from eBay so if I do the journal it will most certainly be trying to make a monster mash out of one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I've also got a Detektiv's Jurnal related question. The models I was hoping to paint are a Ravenwing squad from Dark Vengeance that I did some armswaps on, which actually did require me breaking out the hobby saw. If I took a picture of the converted model next to the unconverted bit (as I have plenty of duplicates of these guys) would that be kosher? If not, I can saw a couple more arms off without a problem, just wanted to get working on the guys I already primed.

• Locked thread