Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twenty Drunk Apes
Jun 17, 2012

The mane you say? Please note that this is a pity avatar because even bronies feel sorry for this poster so :effort:.

UncleSmoothie posted:

What's this extension called?

I want to know this too. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh sorry, it's Dictionary of Numbers.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dictionary-of-numbers/ahhgdmkmcgahbkcbmlkpmmamemlkajaf

There's a lot of pretty stupid ones (oh this number is also the population of some random Swedish town, alright) but it makes some things like KS pretty funny so I call it good.

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

oh this number is also the population of some random Swedish town

Tell me the town now. :sweden:

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why would you waste money on rare earth magnets for this? Regular ones would be strong enough to hold a bottle cap.

I can walk over to our supply area and use anything I'd like, and there are a bunch of different magnets so why not?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I just had a friend IM me this.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1548824192/the-good-guys-blood-over-everything
WARNING: Turn down your headphone / speakers.
This is just loving awful. It isnt even a game its a poor story that hasn't even been thought out.

Cool Web Paige
Nov 19, 2006

Al Borland posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1548824192/the-good-guys-blood-over-everything
This is just loving awful. It isnt even a game its a poor story that hasn't even been thought out.

Oh god the audio is brutal, and they clip through objects left right and center.

and they want a quarter of a million dollars.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

From Al Borland's link

quote:

Just remember there will be no (Aliens, Super powers and any other random nonrealistic features that you will see in random games will not be included.)

Oh man, is someone pissed off at Saints Row IV.

And, of course, everything seen in "demo" is cartoony sample models with procedural texturing.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Al Borland posted:

Holy gently caress, this might just challenge Lore for the title of Worst Video Game Kickstarter Ever.

Mab Entertainment posted:

The Good Guys will be the realest game ever created. This game allows you to see the creation of this beautiful Metropolis of Prussia.

:allears:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Al Borland posted:

Thanks for the warning, that audio's pretty atrocious. I also like how he's saying he's working closely with people like EA Sports in order to make yet another Grand Theft Auto wannabe with online play.

Michael Briggman, Owner/CEO of MAB Entertainment posted:

Just remember there will be no (Aliens, Super powers and any other random nonrealistic features that you will see in random games will not be included.

Well I know I'm not going to pledge. :colbert:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

vxskud posted:

Oh god the audio is brutal, and they clip through objects left right and center.

Well to be fair he is working with EA SPORTS.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's not even a PC game.

quote:

Our goal for The Good Guys is to release the game independently on Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox The One, and PS4 by Late 2014.
That's never gonna happen.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Lodin posted:

It's not even a PC game.
That's never gonna happen.

Well yeah he is trying to outfeature a multi million dollar game with 250k, no experience and probably no programmer either. He's like one of those kids who proclaimed they'd produce their own MMO ten years ago.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
XBox The One :allears:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Al Borland posted:

Hah, that video preview still sure looks familiar.

ArcaneTree
Feb 27, 2013
Do you think he wants to give everyone who pledges a great reward?

SolDivide
Oct 31, 2004
1337 z0mb13
His pledge levels will also only get him to $26,000, a far cry from the $250,000 he's looking for.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I love how he ran out of footage for the video about 2/3 through so he just threw in a clip show of random images. Michael Jackson! Las Vegas! The WTC!

SolDivide posted:

His pledge levels will also only get him to $26,000, a far cry from the $250,000 he's looking for.
For the $10 reward tier he's offering a t-shirt and a baseball cap and it's highly likely that after he factors in printing and postage it'll add up to more than $10, so he'll be making a loss there. That's unless he's planning on buying secondhand shirts and caps from thrift stores and using a stencil to spraypaint his logo onto them.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's unless he's planning

I think it's safe to say that planning doesn't enter into this at all.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
I like that he has a link to the kickstarter in the kickstarter description.

dumbell posted:

Welcome to the Good Guys. Kickstarter.com link http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1548824192/the-good-guys-blood-over-everything

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

OmniDesol posted:

I think it's safe to say that planning doesn't enter into this at all.

The sad part is i was approached by someone similar to this once to make a game and he showed me MS paint art for guns. He wanted to make a FPS that was basically halo in Australia plus MRES for health packs.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Again, it's pretty clear that neither Microsoft or Sony would ever certify this poo poo so unless he adds a PC version that can go up on Desura or some other rathole it's outright fraud. Then again, the guy is clearly a moron with no idea what he's doing so it's fraud by idiocy.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Al Borland posted:

He's the owner of MAB entertainment, but also well-known in the US and Japan as the other half of the BAM music production duo... is he pursuing an MBA in ABM?

EllDoubleYew
Jun 28, 2013

vxskud posted:

The sad thing here is that there are some awesome indie devs out there that could make one hell of a game for a quarter of a million dollars and you have these chumps representing them. I feel like you could give all of the money in the world to this guy and his game would still suck rear end.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
I don't know if this Kickstarter is really cool, or just a recipe for disaster - Charcade: ALL THE GAMES SPEW FIRE

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

Carbon Thief posted:

I don't know if this Kickstarter is really cool, or just a recipe for disaster - Charcade: ALL THE GAMES SPEW FIRE
Both.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
"Burning Man" is in the URL and that's basically all anyone should need in way of an explanation.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Young Freud posted:

From Al Borland's link

Oh man, is someone pissed off at Saints Row IV.

And, of course, everything seen in "demo" is cartoony sample models with procedural texturing.

Considering the game sounds exactly like Saint's Row other than that, :doh:

quote:

Although one of my Dreams has always been to create this amazing game called The Good Guys. The Good Guys is a gangster game based on a family losing it all and having to go back to their roots to survive. This game has always been a dream of mines.

:barf: You can't even write properly and you think you can make a videogame?

I'm actually blown away they have some actual in-engine video to show off, and it isn't complete poo poo (it is poo poo though). I'm going to assume they're using Unity? God drat you Unity, at least before it was pretty obvious to tell the poo poo games from the half-way decent ones by looking at a single screenshot of the engine. Now anybody is free to download unity and the most basic bullshit and then make a couple lovely models and think they understand game development... :argh:

Also loving :lol: if you think you can make Saint's Row on 250K :haw: That's goddamned hilarious. Maybe if it was 2D. Well, no, I'm positive even the 2D GTA games had a bigger budget than that. For 250K they can't hire any experienced developers for any length of time, so its gonna be a bunch of college kids poking around in Unity, wheee.

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 18:20 on Jul 1, 2013

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh sorry, it's Dictionary of Numbers.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dictionary-of-numbers/ahhgdmkmcgahbkcbmlkpmmamemlkajaf

There's a lot of pretty stupid ones (oh this number is also the population of some random Swedish town, alright) but it makes some things like KS pretty funny so I call it good.

Apparently, my very own Kickstarter campaign has reached the annual per capita income of Austria back in 2005!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Carbon Thief posted:

Well the kickstarter is just to take a bunch of existing systems and add a high score list, so I think they've got the not killing people thing figured out already.

sam.freak
Nov 21, 2004

That's it baby just a bit to the left. Perfect. Now show us your tits.

Zaphod42 posted:

:barf: Youse can't even writes properly and youse think youse can makes a videogame?

Fixed that for you.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

sam.freak posted:

Fixed that for you.

I don't know what your intent was in taking someone else's comment and turning it into something overtly racist, but congratulations on failing to make a respectable point I guess.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
What racial group is associated with saying "youse"?

miguelito
Oct 5, 2012

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
(ask me about sexy shaving)
Does Kickstarter somehow de-list failed projects after a while? I tried looking for some of my favorite projects (Lore, Civitas...) and they don't pop up in the search. Or it might just be me. The pages are still up though, I just had to jump some hoops.

Another nostalgic fave from earlier this year, the Susan Wilson thing, has some gorgeous character portrait art up, as well as some OK looking, serviceable tilesets. Wait no, it's all just RPG maker default assets while Suse and her kid(s) are chilling in Istanbul and jetting to do Dell presentations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

AlbieQuirky posted:

What racial group is associated with saying "youse"?

Rum-runners, beat cops, and gangsters from the 1920s. Incidentally, the same group that makes flatcaps traditional wedding and funeral attire.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

miguelito posted:

Does Kickstarter somehow de-list failed projects after a while? I tried looking for some of my favorite projects (Lore, Civitas...) and they don't pop up in the search. Or it might just be me. The pages are still up though, I just had to jump some hoops.

Another nostalgic fave from earlier this year, the Susan Wilson thing, has some gorgeous character portrait art up, as well as some OK looking, serviceable tilesets. Wait no, it's all just RPG maker default assets while Suse and her kid(s) are chilling in Istanbul and jetting to do Dell presentations.

I believe that Kickstarter removes failed projects from the search almost immediately.

KittyLitter
Feb 3, 2003

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Rum-runners, beat cops, and gangsters from the 1920s. Incidentally, the same group that makes flatcaps traditional wedding and funeral attire.

Myeah... see... Dere's a new boss in town myeah and all youse mugsy bastards are gonna pay for what youse done, see... Myeah...

DancingPenguin
Nov 27, 2012

I ish kakadu.

miguelito posted:

Google and Kicktraq keeps them pretty easy to find though, Lore.
Also, never forget Your World.

E: Did not notice that you had already found them. But yeah, Kickstarter seems to automatically remove them from the search as soon as they fail.

Isko
May 20, 2008
There is no way that The Good Guys is not a joke. It's literally impossible to fund without hundreds of thousands of backings with no rewards and the clipping through cars and other objects in the video couldn't be anything but intentional.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm actually blown away they have some actual in-engine video to show off, and it isn't complete poo poo (it is poo poo though). I'm going to assume they're using Unity? God drat you Unity, at least before it was pretty obvious to tell the poo poo games from the half-way decent ones by looking at a single screenshot of the engine. Now anybody is free to download unity and the most basic bullshit and then make a couple lovely models and think they understand game development... :argh:

I went back and looked at that footage to see what you were talking about. I can guarantee you he probably stole it from someone like he stole the opening artwork. I am surprised he had the work card (backwards textured of course) in there. So maybe he has some limited knowledge of how to gently caress around with an editor. I refuse to believe he was able to assemble those 3D models and do any sort of coherent town layout though. Especially as he just does a straight ground shot move through of the environment clipping through objects like a total idiot.

I wonder if he has suckered some poor high schoolers online into working on 3d modeling in unity for him or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

sam.freak posted:

Fixed that for you.

This Kickstarter is dildos.