Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinn
May 13, 2011
I'm going to transfer my warrior over and play with you fellows. but what server am I actually transfering to? Is it decided 100%?

Thanks! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
We are on Deepwood. For sure.

For now, anyway!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Is there a mumble that people use? I tried the one in the op but noone was there

cinn
May 13, 2011
ok thanks!

Gosh needs an invite when possible please! <3

MPiedlourde
Jul 31, 2003
Could I get an invite for Defarge on Deepwood please?

Nendar
Aug 22, 2002
I just transferred over, can I please have an invite for Jenrah and Kumek.

Thanks!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

WYA posted:

Is there a mumble that people use? I tried the one in the op but noone was there

Unfortunately most people don't seem to use it. We use it for raids, at least (which is happening tonight at 6 server!)

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

necrotic posted:

Unfortunately most people don't seem to use it. We use it for raids, at least (which is happening tonight at 6 server!)

Still bummed we flushed our FT lockout even if we couldn't kill Twins, but so looking forward to yet another death-oriented raid.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Bussamove posted:

Still bummed we flushed our FT lockout even if we couldn't kill Twins, but so looking forward to yet another death-oriented raid.

All of our raids are death-oriented.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Eltoasto posted:

All of our raids are death-oriented.

Guaranteed Hedo will attempt to cleave kill me and wipe the raid.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Kreczor posted:

Guaranteed Hedo will attempt to cleave kill me and wipe the raid.

We have to get to Kain for you to step in front of the boss. :smith:

Fortunately Kain's the second boss. :unsmith::hf::getin:

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Uhhhhhh....

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Moved my lvl 50 cleric and 44 mage over to deepwood. Checking with friends before I move my alt guild with all of the casuals in it too.

Could I get an invite to take the Goatse slide for:
Langly
Langdolf

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Guild invites caught up, as of this post. I mean, like 50 invites were sent out.

I was quite diligent; however if I missed you I apologize, please repost.

edit: at least two people clicked 'join' in mail or ingame popup box and the guild invite failed with no message, so you might have to repost or /join goonsquad ingame and ask for an invite if it fails.

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 2, 2013

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:
In Deepwood are we playing the Guardians or Defiants?

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Both! It's a PvE realm so it doesn't matter if you want to be a pretty princess High Elf or a Bahmi. There's a party in Goatman Hole and everyone's invited*!

*Entry into Goatman Hole not for everyone, must be willing to sign a waiver.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Off to a great start!

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

mr. nobody posted:

Guild invites caught up, as of this post. I mean, like 50 invites were sent out.

I was quite diligent; however if I missed you I apologize, please repost.

edit: at least two people clicked 'join' in mail or ingame popup box and the guild invite failed with no message, so you might have to repost or /join goonsquad ingame and ask for an invite if it fails.

Got mine on my guys, Thanks! Fasted invite to a goon guild ever

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
I might hop in the goon chat channel on Deepwood to see what's going on, but I'm not sure if I'll get back into it enough for raiding or other dungeons and stuff. Either on my cleric Crosscounter or warrior Virvius, after having to rename them to transfer to Deepwood. I do wish they'd loosen some of the name restrictions with how many character names there are nowadays, but it speaks well for a game for that to be my one complaint when starting back up.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Got Vindiesel transferrer ok but need invites for the ones that i had not moved: Zenhammer, Soulsage & Corcra. :banjo:

Mello Yello
Dec 27, 2004

Let's Samurize, Guys!
I had fond memories of my cleric and low and behold all this poo poo is free to play now. I hopped in on Friday and lost my weekend enjoying the game again.

I moved my cleric to Deepwood, can you send an invite to Doherty when you get a chance?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Good raiding tonight. Killed Progenitor and Kain, then found out we could get into FT so we killed the twins. Good job, everyone!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

necrotic posted:

Off to a great start!

And then moments later, after the tank dies, our faeries book it to the exit:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

you canadian human being

I can't wait to raid with you people. :allears:

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Carteret posted:

I can't wait to raid with you people. :allears:

I am amused that without context I can tell you who was being insulted (it was Kreczor), but not the name of the person doing the insulting, nor why they are insulting Kreczor.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Daerc posted:

I am amused that without context I can tell you who was being insulted (it was Kreczor), but not the name of the person doing the insulting, nor why they are insulting Kreczor.

You would be incorrect. That would be Belos (me) making fun of Murven.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
applying as hueghart

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Sorry I hosed up so many Twins pulls guys. But at least we did it!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

deimos posted:

You had one job Mandulis. One job.

Seriously though, three bosses that most of the raid (including me!) hadn't seen before is really good, especially with no loot getting sharded because no one needed it. Also the super-happy-fun attempt at Crucia bodes well, I'll have to spec into Archon/Dom for Arresting Presence on that to make it a bit easier.

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.
Posting so I can get an invite "Zoieasa"

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I have some free time right now and wouldn't mind giving RIFT another spin. Ingame as "Mayorcheese".

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Daerc posted:

Always so quick to put me down.

So, are we putting down Crucia on wednesday? Come on folks, she ain't that hard!

Also, for the love of god we need more clerics and less mages.

d3k0y
May 30, 2013

deimos posted:

Deimos did you use to play a Warrior on Zul'jin?

And to make my post somewhat worthy of a non-PM (not platinum), how are the raids in Rift? I only really raided in two games, one was EQ and one was WoW.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

d3k0y posted:

Deimos did you use to play a Warrior on Zul'jin?

And to make my post somewhat worthy of a non-PM (not platinum), how are the raids in Rift? I only really raided in two games, one was EQ and one was WoW.

Eh, the mechanics are fun, the problem I have with it is that it doesn't seem like there's a lot of bosses. You have 4 in TDQ, 5 in EE and 4 in FT. You have to farm those for weeks before you can get into GA which has another 5, but requires you to hit every loot pinata to get the hit requirement. Personally, I think there isn't enough content but that's coming from someone who used to raid a lot. If you're not someone who looks to raid every night and want to experience the bosses (mind you, the bosses are a lot of fun), then RIFT raiding is for you.

I've also not seen every boss yet either, and there's a huge team requirement. I know I'll be doing it for awhile to come, level up a cleric and come join us.

Edit: Now that I think about it, there are quite a few bosses. I just don't like the idea of having them split up between multiple places. I'm more attuned to something like... Hammerknell where you have a bunch of bosses in one raid.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kreczor posted:

Always so quick to put me down.

So, are we putting down Crucia on wednesday? Come on folks, she ain't that hard!

crucia is easier than twins once you learn the mechanics and has a lower dps check than kain or matriarch. but learning the mechanics is the hard part, since the fight is split into three stages and the final stage is split into 3 stages too. above that, you need someone reliable in the mech and solid healers.

i'll be back on saturday and hopefully deepwood will still be open to transfers. if that looks like it's going to change some time before then, i'd appreciate if someone could transfer royals to deepwood (shoot me a pm/steam msg).

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

i'll be back on saturday and hopefully deepwood will still be open to transfers. if that looks like it's going to change some time before then, i'd appreciate if someone could transfer royals to deepwood (shoot me a pm/steam msg).

You mean Dongdraper.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Bussamove posted:

You had one job Mandulis. One job.

Seriously though, three bosses that most of the raid (including me!) hadn't seen before is really good, especially with no loot getting sharded because no one needed it. Also the super-happy-fun attempt at Crucia bodes well, I'll have to spec into Archon/Dom for Arresting Presence on that to make it a bit easier.

Run this. You want the mana drain 3rd phase (first one where you actually fight Crucia). And then, of course, the AP for the turrets.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm about to hit 60 and I thought I'd pointlessly share my opinion on PvP warfronts in this game. I leveled pretty much exclusively from 10 - 59 doing PvP. It wasn't too much fun, but the time-vs-reward compensation seemed faster than questing to me so I kept finding myself queuing for warfronts even after sometimes being completely bored out of my mind.

First and foremost, though, what can totally make PvP fresh and interesting again is trying a new role. I played a rogue - started with that tactician flamethrower build, when I got tired of that, tried a ranged marskman, which totally made PvP fresh again, then finally for the last 10 levels went nightblade/stealth, which again added whole new appeal. Rift's role system really shines as the game's high points, and switching roles for a few levels in PvP totally changes your experience in PvP

That all being said, let's talk about the shittiest elements of PvP:
1. Healers and healing is ridiculously overpowered, creating not a tactical element, just a frustrating one. Targetting a healer? No, then you lose. Yes, but there's another healer healing your target? You still lose. Even 1v1 against a healer, due to Rift's mobility element and casting on the fly, your dps against a healer just healing themselves is about 10-15% of what it normally is. You can win a fight with a healer 1v1 but it literally takes about 3 minutes.

2. All warfronts use a "pick up vessel/capture point" channeled mechanic that is interruptable by any sort of damage. Combine this with the fact every character has pretty much unlimited aoe and it makes capturing points an adventure in futility.

3. The maps. The maps are terrible, mostly because of a combination of 1 and 2. Since all the maps involve grabbing a vessel or tagging a flag, you have pretty much two choices at every confrontation: try to kill their healers or aoe the flag/vessel to prevent someone else from taking it. That's about 85% of every map. Not a lot of strategy outside of just hoping your side has more healers than they do.

Why, why can't they use TF2 style capture points where you just tick by being in a certain location? Why force everyone to aoe macro until your finger bleeds? Stop making us pick up vessels please. It's so boring.

Anyways, that's my rant. The only good map is Whitehall Steppes (sp?) because after the initial typical aoe/healer confrontation, the map offers some new tactics in stealing back flags and stuff, although it's not usually effective. The worst map is the new 2-point black garden - was this even playtested? Do you even need to playtest such a map to know it's a burning shithole?

I think I'm going to retire from PvP warfronts at 60. They were good for leveling, but this game's mechanics (lots of aoe, interruptable channeling to capture points) just generates lousy warfronts.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Kreczor posted:

What was the calling breakdown of the raid last night? (Yeah I know play whatever you want blah blah, I'm just curious.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

roboticbears posted:

What was the calling breakdown of the raid last night? (Yeah I know play whatever you want blah blah, I'm just curious.)

I believe it was, 3 clerics, 4 warriors, 7-8 mages, ~5 rogues.

Mind you, Vandee is supposed to be a warrior but switched due to the low amount of clerics.

• Locked thread