Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

WebDog posted:

Would that be Cinematographer Style?

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Rochallor posted:

I was in the store today when I came across this DVD of Cop Out. The title is just Cop Out transliterated, but when looking it up to find an image online I found out there's a subtitle: Isn't Tracy Jordan in this movie?* Bruce Willis appears to be thinking the same thing.

Very tangentially along those lines, here's a poster of sorts from last year for whatever the latest Die Hard movie was called. I honestly can't remember.

*The subtitle is actually just Those Detective Guys, which really isn't any worse than Cop Out, I suppose.

According to the youtube description it was Die Hard : Ghost Protocol

*A Good Day to Die Hard

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

So... it's a reboot of Short Circuit?

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

Canned Panda posted:

So... it's a reboot of Short Circuit?

I know this wasn't on purpose but I groaned for a solid minute anyways. :cripes:

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Rochallor posted:

*The subtitle is actually just Those Detective Guys, which really isn't any worse than Cop Out, I suppose.

Oddly enough, that's a lot closer to Kevin Smith's original title, "A Couple of Dicks."

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Saw this on the side of the road while stuck in NYC traffic today:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

$250 million is actually a lot cheaper than I'd expect a place to go for on a super-advanced ringworld eutopia.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That's the rent!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Yep, looks like marketing is in full swing.

JMod
Dec 12, 2004

M42 posted:

$250 million is actually a lot cheaper than I'd expect a place to go for on a super-advanced ringworld eutopia.

Also I don't think people in NYC would bat an eye at that kind of money

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Eighteen: Old enough to buy a weird gun and hold it strangely

Ferocious Female Freedom Fighters features freakish finger formations

The opposite of the circle-strafe

This one's pretty subtle, you'll have to look closely

Nothing screams quality like Made-For-Video

Dack Rambo... DACK RAMBO... DACK RAMBO!!!

Check out the fingers on the gun hand

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Oh hey Richard Harrison. The odds of this involving ninjas is probably about 85%.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Surprisingly no, but it at least has this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u61F_qvdid0

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Aatrek posted:

Saw this on the side of the road while stuck in NYC traffic today:

Who cleans everything on the ringworld utopia? How do you make a society that functions day-to-day with only fabulously wealthy people? I'm not sure they've thought this through.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Red Bones posted:

Who cleans everything on the ringworld utopia? How do you make a society that functions day-to-day with only fabulously wealthy people? I'm not sure they've thought this through.

Automation?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yeah, the trailers already shows that robotics is pretty advanced in the movie.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Oh, I guess I'd forgotten about the robots when I saw the trailer. I don't think it looks very interesting at all, but I do like the idea behind the posters. Does anyone know if they put up big OBEY and CONSUME posters for marketing when They Live originally came out? I remember a friend mentioning it but I have no idea if it actually happened.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Vagabundo posted:

Oh hey Richard Harrison. The odds of this involving ninjas is probably about 85%.
He's got kind of a low rent Franco Nero thing going on in that poster.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Baron La Croix posted:

Surprisingly no, but it at least has this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u61F_qvdid0

This and most old kung-fu movies have it exactly right. The second the bad guy is dead loving freeze frame, roll credits and everyone goes home satisfied.

e: holy poo poo i actually found one of the examples i was thinking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS7QcvpWdUg

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 1, 2013

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

Yodzilla posted:

e: holy poo poo i actually found one of the examples i was thinking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS7QcvpWdUg

That bird rules.
When he rips the bird in half I immediately thought of all the people who were offended by the dog dying in VHS2 and I laughed all over again.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Everytime someone posts those "how to end your movie right" clips, they always forget this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqql30HE0To

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That strut at the end is killing me.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Everytime someone posts those "how to end your movie right" clips, they always forget this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqql30HE0To
The secret to being champion of the ninja? Eyeliner.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

G-III posted:

The secret to being champion of the ninja? Eyeliner.

Works for Sho Kosugi every time!

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000
Here's another, with bonus ninjitsu explosion technique!

The whole fight is this hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh0flohL4vk&t=364s

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Gumby posted:

I wasn't sure if the 'MERIKA! :salute: headband wasn't enough, but the ki gun finger gesture and the exploding ninja brought it over the top.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Wow, not even hiding that they straight up stole "The Road Warrior" score at the beginning there. I love Godfrey Ho movies.

Anyways, these are everywhere in Manhattan:

I seem to recall the minions were getting their own movie, and I'm kind of amazed that its a separate movie from the one that's actually being advertized.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I hate the minions, and I don't understand the appeal of them at all.

The first Despicable Me was good despite them, not because of them.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
You're dead inside. Admit it.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

PriorMarcus posted:

I don't like them because they look so lazy from a design perspective. They're like the most unimaginative, placeholder design you could possibly think of and you could put their features on most little animals or robots or anything that isn't a bland yellow blob and get a better design. Its like the art director in charge of the film wasn't even trying.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

PriorMarcus posted:

So a kids movie has weird little creatures that appeal to kids by being blank slates that any identity can be projected upon? Holy poo poo, it's like the creators aren't even trying to appeal my my white male 30-something sensibilities!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Gumby posted:

Holy poo poo, that's Paco from Bloodsport!

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Hasters posted:

So a kids movie has weird little creatures that appeal to kids by being blank slates that any identity can be projected upon? Holy poo poo, it's like the creators aren't even trying to appeal my my white male 30-something sensibilities!

Are you saying you have no opinion about things that aren't being advertised directly at your demographic?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

schwenz posted:

I love how this poster totally gives away the entire plot of the movie.

Wendy Peppercorn... :allears:

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Hasters posted:

Hahahaha what is wrong with you?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Red Bones posted:

I don't like them because they look so lazy from a design perspective. They're like the most unimaginative, placeholder design you could possibly think of and you could put their features on most little animals or robots or anything that isn't a bland yellow blob and get a better design. Its like the art director in charge of the film wasn't even trying.

I think that's sort of the point though. They're supposed to be generic minions. It's in their name.

I feel like they're almost like something left over from a darker screenplay where they just kind of be constantly dying cannon fodder, which would be fitting for a villain to have. In general, I like Despicable Me, but to me it felt like a script that went through a bunch of revision because they were afraid it would be too traumatizing for kids to have a movie where the main character was actually villainous.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Toro-vision.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Robert Denby posted:

Anyways, these are everywhere in Manhattan:

Isn't there a $x00 fine for honking throughout most of Manhattan?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Isn't there a $x00 fine for honking throughout most of Manhattan?

Have you ever been to Manhattan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Hell yes. This rules.