Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Now this' worth the three bucks. Odd that the MoS skin is gonna cost one buck I guess that we aren't getting a freebie skin with Zod then.

Freebie might be that Flaming C costume. Or maybe something brand new. Just wait til tomorrow.

That Earth-2 pack is incredible and makes me excited for any future packs they might add. I'd like to see some DCAU skins and a few other lantern skins. Like Orange Lantern Lex because he's not getting too many costumes otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

JusticeBot posted:

Not yet. I mean the Zod DLC is just coming out tomorrow, and theyre bound to work on more skins in the future.

Oh I was talking about a free skin as part of the comptability pack bound to be released with Zod tomorrow, like were Luchador Bane, Flashpoint Batman and Contention Doomsday. Honestly I was expecting the MoS skin to be like that, sorry if I wasn't clear before.

You know, I would main Lex if they add an option to remove the power suit and use plain ol' Lex on a business suit. :haw:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Rugpisser posted:

Skins are awesome

THATS NOT MY JAY GARRICK! :colbert:

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Earth 2 'demolition' Grundy is the compatibility skin with Zod isn't he?

edit:
ah if only I had eyes...

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Hahaha there's that Jay Garrick flash skin Ed was hinting at. Anyways hell yeah Earth-2 Hawkgirl, that costume's the best thing to come out of that comic.

Here's Boon hinting at a Man of Steel Zod skin. I figure there's no way in hell it'll be voiced by Michael Shannon, and it'll probably be sans heavy armor, but whatever I'll still probably buy it.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

HellCopter posted:

Hell yeah. We need more totally off-the-wall skins. I don't care about 3 Flash costumes that are basically the same thing with different textures.

I agree, but also - Elseworlds Flash is pretty drat cool.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
Just one more reminder that the 360 goon tournament is tomorrow night: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/2GvveNhw5W

There might be streamed matches. I will record what I can if not.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Just one more reminder that the 360 goon tournament is tomorrow night: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/2GvveNhw5W

Ahhhh! I might not be able to make it, on the plus side it'll be one less pot-monster Zod in the tournament.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

IronMcHardSteel posted:

I signed up before I found out I work tuesday (I almost never work tuesday) so I'll be home 9:15pst at the earliest incase I can still make it. If not, welp.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry

IronMcHardSteel posted:

I can stream it, best bet is to just make a lobby with me and whoever is fighting to prevent downtime since this game doesn't have a pure spectator option. Not sure if you wanna stream it all or just the finals tho.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
Sorry that y'all can't make it, I asked a few times for date/time suggestions!

SuddenBlackout posted:

I can stream it, best bet is to just make a lobby with me and whoever is fighting to prevent downtime since this game doesn't have a pure spectator option. Not sure if you wanna stream it all or just the finals tho.

Streaming it all would probably be a lot more trouble than it's worth. If you'd stream the finals that'd be pretty alright.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Sorry that y'all can't make it, I asked a few times for date/time suggestions!

It's not you! It's me.

Seriously though, I'll stay signed up so if it turns out I can take part I will, but I'll pull out as soon as I know I wont be able to.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

I just signed up. Been playing more SFIV lately, so hopefully I didn't forget everything about Injustice. :v:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'll sign up for the tournament when I get home tonight. This is gonna be rad.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Rugpisser posted:

Skins are awesome

So now I need to learn flash, holy poo poo.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Speaking of this, I would like to get as many copies of DotA 2 to give to the winner as a grand prize. If anyone would like to pitch their DotAs towards this cause, send me a trade. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042674067/ I have some coupons for Rush Bros. and Galactic Civ II if you would like something in return.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Unbound posted:

Speaking of this, I would like to get as many copies of DotA 2 to give to the winner as a grand prize. If anyone would like to pitch their DotAs towards this cause, send me a trade. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042674067/ I have some coupons for Rush Bros. and Galactic Civ II if you would like something in return.
It says your profile is private and I don't know a lot about steam, but I have a few I can send your way. Here's my steam thing. http://steamcommunity.com/id/camsteh

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Unbound posted:

Wonderful idea! Sending my 8 copies.

Rugpisser posted:

Skins are awesome

Sold.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

cams posted:

It says your profile is private and I don't know a lot about steam, but I have a few I can send your way. Here's my steam thing. http://steamcommunity.com/id/camsteh

I sent you a Friend Request. Thanks for pitching in.

Holy Calamity! posted:

Wonderful idea! Sending my 8 copies.

awesome.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Apparently I can't send it if you already have it :saddowns: Also I have 10 copies, not 8..

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Holy Calamity! posted:

Apparently I can't send it if you already have it :saddowns: Also I have 10 copies, not 8..

You have to trade them. I'll send you a trade. Also, that will bring the total to 22 copies.

EDIT: Thanks to Holy Calamity! we now have a second place prize as well. The brand new game, Half Life 2!

Unbound fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 1, 2013

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Goon room tonight in preparation for the tourny tomorrow?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Similarly, I've signed up for Kneel Before Goons but I'm not sure if I can make it with work. Hope to get in some fights and improve on my result from last tourney...

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Seymour Butts posted:

Goon room tonight in preparation for the tourny tomorrow?

I'm in the goonroom 1v1ing random folks.

Jokerfish
May 3, 2007

Bait Master

So now that that WB account email offer is over with, has anyone received their free "CW Arrow" Green Arrow skin code? I know it's probably too early to expect it but I had forgotten about it until now and dammit I want mine.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
So I haven't touched this game since Batgirl was released and finally got some time to play again, anyone want to beat the crap out of me until I remember how to play? GT: RageBeef

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
ggs to rubdown. I was trying to figure out something to do against Hawkgirl as Doomsday, but that seems like a really rough matchup. Either try to apply pressure and get hit by the mace charge (which seems super safe on block) or try to punish it by backing off and letting her wakeup for free.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

sponsz posted:

ggs to rubdown. I was trying to figure out something to do against Hawkgirl as Doomsday, but that seems like a really rough matchup. Either try to apply pressure and get hit by the mace charge (which seems super safe on block) or try to punish it by backing off and letting her wakeup for free.

Yeah definitely, same with Batgirl as Flash. I just have absolutely no idea how to get in or what fuckups to look for on your end.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!

Holy Calamity! posted:

Yeah definitely, same with Batgirl as Flash. I just have absolutely no idea how to get in or what fuckups to look for on your end.

Blocked Smoke Bombs are the big thing to look for, you can land a full combo punish on those which is like 50% for Flash. If you want to get in quickly and safely you can MB his dashing elbow thing which I'm pretty sure is safe on block and leaves you right next to the person. Batgirl has stubby little arms so her range is pretty bad, her only normal with any reach is the low into launcher, and she also has to be pretty close for the overhead to hit. If you block the overhead you probably want to block low right afterwards cause she has a overhead-low chain that combos into her vortex. I would say the thing that would help most against her right now would be to MB dashing elbow a lot more, that was giving me a lot of free damage

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

strangemusic posted:

Similarly, I've signed up for Kneel Before Goons but I'm not sure if I can make it with work. Hope to get in some fights and improve on my result from last tourney...

I, too, hope to do better than last tourney.

Fortunately, it is literally impossible for me to do worse. I can only do as bad.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Anyone on Xbox wanna play? Haven't played in a while and want to shake some of the rust off before the tourney tomorrow night.

Edit: Thanks for the set Rage! Killer Frost is extremely tricky. I think you should go nuts with the slides, they're hard to punish. After the freeze and the 50/50 set up, I was trying a handful of options to escape. Can you not reversal after being unfrozen? Or is it just a pure block guess?

Arikado fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 2, 2013

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Arikado posted:

Anyone on Xbox wanna play? Haven't played in a while and want to shake some of the rust off before the tourney tomorrow night.

I'm down to play some matches, need to shake off these cobwebs, GT is RageBeef.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
I'm tempted to back out of the tourney since my internet is pretty terrible on account of where I live, since I can't imagine it will be fair to my opponents.
If we're still at an even number by tomorrow I'll stay in so as not to mess with the brackets.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Compat skin shown here, it's -Classic Ares- this time.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Ehhhhhn. I'm okay with it. But WHERES MY FLAMING C

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Looks kind of lazy, then again is free so whatever.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Looks kind of lazy, then again is free so whatever.

I like the outfit, but god I just want an Ares alt where they give him the proper *Helmet with a black void and 2 shining red eyes* head. Him actually having flesh just makes it look like he moonlights as a chimney-sweep or a coal miner.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Double-post but apparently some people can get the new outfit packs and Zod on 360 right now. The Earth-2 Grundy is hilariously glitched though, he moves fast as gently caress.

Link to a stream showing the new stuff right now.

Looking like Zod's super is pretty much an anti-air move or you can do it right up on people.

And oh wow, his trait monster does 25% if you just do it's attack 5 (5% each hit with 5 maximum if you just keep mashing trait) times and it comes back pretty quick, it also seems to have Aquaman trait kind of activation, you can be moving or attacking and hitting trait will still make it go.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jul 2, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

So this means only Killer Frost, Sinestro, and Black Adam don't have extra costumes besides the defaults and alts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Baldy Adam is good enough already though.

• Locked thread