Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What the hell is ChrisG complaining about? Modders or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Good. I was so sick of ChrisG psychically predicting everything everyone did up until now. Jesus.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Tae posted:

Maybe its just me, but it always seems to be only Chris G complaining about monitors. At any rate, good poo poo from Momochi, glad to see a Ken in Grand Finals.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
RIP Chris G's Triple Crown, killed by "monitor overheating lag"

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

lamentable dustman posted:

hahaha wtf was that salt from Chris G about

Tae posted:

Some stream monster posted:

my eyes wont blink fast enough ref WTF!!!!

So yeah, apparently it was something about the monitor lagging because it's overheating apparently. It's always something about the equipment but it only ever comes up when someone loses, it's never a problem otherwise.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
A Ken in Grand Finals! At ChrisG's expense!

I am :swoon: so hard right now

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Chris G always complains about poo poo when he loses, but I'll give him a break on this one. Not because his complaints make sense, but because whenever you lose to a Ken, you need to vent somehow.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Dias posted:

Wins Injustice, wins Marvel, is at least top 3 in AE, apparently broke top 8 in Skullgirls and Divekick too.

Chris G is arguably the best fighting game player in America right now.
Chris got 9th in Skullgirls, actually. He had a really tough bracket though.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I went to bed during AE top 4, do you mean to tell me that Chris G got publicly salty after he lost to somebody and blamed it on shoddy equipment?

My stars! I've never heard of such a thing!

It sure is a bummer that Chris G is the only guy who suffers from this crap rear end gear, though; nobody else ever blames their losses on a loving monitor overheating. In my mind, Chris G blames every small injustice in his life on poor equipment; he trips, and in anger takes off his shoes and throws them into a lake. He misses the train, and furiously tears his metro card into pieces. His dinner is burned; without words, he pushes his stove off the fire escape.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

As dumb and whiny as ChrisG can be, he was not the first to mention or complain about lag on the stream setup, so it's pretty reasonable to assume that he was right about it being present. It obviously still affected everyone, though, so he's not gonna get any sympathy about it.

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski
I'll take a whiny Chris G who has mastered characters noone else is particularly good at (Green Arrow, Morrigan) over the 100th Devil May Cry or Superman/Scorpion etc.

I randomly came across someone in streamchat saying that Apologyman stopped playing seriously, any truth to that? I was really looking forward to him getting better at Firebrand since he seemed to be the only one that got his one-touch-kill down.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Seems like people are taking "Call Kotaku" seriously now because someone clued them in and they wrote an article on the Noel Brown incident. I have no idea why they saw it fit to do this, but here it is. http://kotaku.com/top-fighting-gamer-arrested-for-allegedly-hitting-his-e-635549540

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Killer Queen posted:

Seems like people are taking "Call Kotaku" seriously now because someone clued them in and they wrote an article on the Noel Brown incident. I have no idea why they saw it fit to do this, but here it is. http://kotaku.com/top-fighting-gamer-arrested-for-allegedly-hitting-his-e-635549540

What a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Wait, someone else at the tournament was loving Noel Brown's girlfriend in his hotel room? Of every player in the FGC, why would you pick Noel Brown's girlfriend. How hot is she that you would be like "yeah I want to piss off a guy known for violently assaulting people".

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Oh man I can't wait until we find out who the guy he fought with is.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Kotaku posted:

Around 2am on Saturday morning, according to an Orange County Sheriff police report obtained by Kotaku, Brown allegedly entered a suite in the hotel where his ex-girlfriend was engaged in an "intimate encounter" with a second tournament player. We've left out names out of respect for both parties' privacy.

Kotaku respects everyone's privacy (except Noel Brown, of course).

jebailey posted:

I appreciate you reaching out to research this story, but would hope Kotaku, and Kotaku's interest in the 2nd largest fighting game tournament in America, is more positive and expansive than gossip reporting.

Nice shot.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Cuchulain posted:

Wait, someone else at the tournament was loving Noel Brown's girlfriend in his hotel room? Of every player in the FGC, why would you pick Noel Brown's girlfriend. How hot is she that you would be like "yeah I want to piss off a guy known for violently assaulting people".

Ex-girlfriend, apparently.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Killer Queen posted:

Best comment: "Go home and be a family man!"

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
It was probably Jwong. The ladies are helpless against his charms.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Jmcrofts posted:

So that's why Wong factor doesn't work in games anymore, used it all on the ladies.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Jmcrofts posted:

Word at the venue was it was RayRay. gently caress all privacy

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Cuchulain posted:

So that's why Wong factor doesn't work in games anymore, used it all on the ladies.

All the ladies know that Justin doesn't miss any inputs :wink:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

absolutely anything posted:

Word at the venue was it was RayRay. gently caress all privacy

He did have the Nelly bandage look on Sunday...

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
It was RayRay, and they weren't actually loving at the time.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Evo brackets are up

http://evo2013.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/index.html

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

The very first player in the AE brackets is the most likely to take the tournament, Infiltration. The very first player in the Marvel brackets is the most likely to take the tournament, ChrisG.

FGC Illuminati at work, people. :smugbert:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Or seeding points perhaps.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Double Bill posted:

Or seeding points perhaps.

Nah, the fact that MadKOF is first player in KOF13, Infiltration is first in SFxT and Lord Knight is first in P4A has to be Illuminati, clearly.

Woden
May 6, 2006
James Chen(A2) gets a bye to start off SF4, going with the Illuminati.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
#1 is always the person with the most seeding points or whoever won the previous year. The exception seems to be FChamp in Marvel but he probably requested a later pool assignment or something.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
I'm making a searchable way to find and filter players and their pools. In the mean time take a look at the list of the 497 foreign players entered for the main evo games!

http://pastebin.com/xjX3Xm8t

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Woden posted:

James Chen(A2) gets a bye to start off SF4, going with the Illuminati.

He also gets a bye in the first round of Injustice and if I win my first game I get to play against him. Now, I'm motivated.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Are we doing a separate EVO thread this year too? I'd be interested in doing some write-ups about Marvel/AE. Also, I might do some write-ups about the Brazilian players if anyone cares.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dias posted:

Are we doing a separate EVO thread this year too? I'd be interested in doing some write-ups about Marvel/AE. Also, I might do some write-ups about the Brazilian players if anyone cares.

This would be awesome, I'm interested in reading up on some of the foreign players. Is it worth going to EVO just to spectate? I kind of want to make it out there sometime.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

This will be my first time watching Evo so that would be great.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Yeah that'd be super awesome. I like to casually watch/play fighters so I don't know much current stuff right now except what I saw at CEO. It'd be sweet to get a sense of the metagame going into EVO or whatever.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

What the hell has happened to the Tekken community?

Tekken used to be the 2nd biggest game at EVO. I thought pretty much everyone who plays Tekken loved Tekken Tag 2. What happened???

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Shiki Dan posted:

What the hell has happened to the Tekken community?

Tekken used to be the 2nd biggest game at EVO. I thought pretty much everyone who plays Tekken loved Tekken Tag 2. What happened???

X Tekken has more players than TTT2, which is a shame because I think TTT is more fun to watch. :saddowns:

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
Here is a list of the number of people that signed up just for one game compared to the total number of entrants for that game. Lots of smash players!

code:
King of Fighters XIII 114/411 (28%)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 432/1240 (35%)
Super Smash Bros Melee 394/664 (59%)
Mortal Kombat 9 22/190 (12%)
Super Street Fighter IV 505/1506 (33%)
Injustice: Gods Among Us 69/557 (12%)
Persona 4 Arena 126/383 (33%)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 134/339 (40%)
Street Fighter X Tekken 36/522 (7%)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I'm actually kind of surprised to see such a low exclusivity for MK9, unless there's some weird overlap between MK players and Smash players.