Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

So why is the CK2 Norse portraits/music on sale but not Old Gods itself? Could we get an Old Gods specific bundle, Tony?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bishop Beo
Jul 3, 2009
Can I apply my Bioshock Infinite, "$30 credit good towards 2K Digital Video Games on Amazon.com excluding pre-orders" to Civ 5: Brave New World after it comes out? Or will the fact that it's only 29.99 stymie me?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Why does the Raising Hell DLC cost as much as the sequel?

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

I believe it's both the first game and the DLC rather than just the DLC.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

eh, anything is better than gfwl in my eyes.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lord Lambeth posted:

eh, anything is better than gfwl in my eyes.

For the record, uplay is actually pretty neat. It doesn't suck up memory, run your harddrive raw, or any of the other BS Origin pulls. It also lets you unlock stuff like desktop backgrounds and in-game music files to download via playing the games.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Verdugo posted:

Holy poo poo.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BPEBGT4

Brian Blessed voiceover DLC. Every single game needs this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DECN_HTrGA

DRIVE OUT THE YORKISH DOGS!!! :black101:

Space Pussy posted:

So why is the CK2 Norse portraits/music on sale but not Old Gods itself? Could we get an Old Gods specific bundle, Tony?

It just came out.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

Bishop Beo posted:

Can I apply my Bioshock Infinite, "$30 credit good towards 2K Digital Video Games on Amazon.com excluding pre-orders" to Civ 5: Brave New World after it comes out? Or will the fact that it's only 29.99 stymie me?

Negative. Our system is set to not let the credit be used on products less than 30 days old (a la the BI Season Pass, etc.) so, since the bundle was just created, the system thinks it is a new product and won't let the credit apply until 30 days have lapsed.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
Hey guys,

Some new Rockstar Deals that should be live shortl (all steam):

Max Payne 3 Complete, L.A. Noire Complete, GTA IV Complete: $24.99

Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, San Andreas: $9.99

Grand Theft Auto 3, IV, Vice City, San Andreas, Episodes from Liberty City: $19.99

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

Some new Rockstar Deals that should be live shortl (all steam):

Max Payne 3 Complete, L.A. Noire Complete, GTA IV Complete: $24.99

:stare: My god if I didn't already own these I would be all over this deal.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Hey Tony, any chance of that Borderlands Bundleganza going back on sale? I bought a copy for one mate, and as I went to buy it for another later that day, the sale ended :(

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Ugh, I barely missed it too. I saw it on a deal site but for some reason I thought the sale went through the 4th. By the time I got home to buy it and realized my mistake it was too late.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did dark void ever get more keys before the sale ended?

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Did something happen with Metro: Last Light? I went to go snag it at $34.99 for the day and it flipped over to $49.99. drat. :(

Edit: Looks like it was fixed currently, so snagged it. Thanks! :)

GaistHeidegger fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 5, 2013

Unbearable
Apr 3, 2011

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Nope.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Just want to chime in I've purchased various games from Amazon the past few months and have always been happy. I'm glad to see this thread and hopefully I'll some more great sales go up at some point.

What I'm trying to say is....I want Sleeping Dogs

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Tony, I bought the GTA IV complete pack a while back and when I try to sign in online, it tells me the key is invalid on the Games For Windows Live screen. I sent an e-mail to Amazon support, but I'm hoping maybe you or someone else can help me with this.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

primelaw posted:

Tony, I bought the GTA IV complete pack a while back and when I try to sign in online, it tells me the key is invalid on the Games For Windows Live screen. I sent an e-mail to Amazon support, but I'm hoping maybe you or someone else can help me with this.

Support should get back to you pretty quickly, if they don't PM me your Order ID (here or at tvacgamer on reddit or amazon dvg deals on cheapassgamer.com) and I'll get you sorted if support doesn't.

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Negative, I haven't heard back at all.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

AmazonTony posted:

Support should get back to you pretty quickly, if they don't PM me your Order ID (here or at tvacgamer on reddit or amazon dvg deals on cheapassgamer.com) and I'll get you sorted if support doesn't.

I finally managed to fix it by activating the key Amazon gave me on Xbox.com on my profile, then going to the GFWL Program and viewing my key there, which was the proper one. Thanks anyways!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

AmazonTony posted:

Negative. Our system is set to not let the credit be used on products less than 30 days old (a la the BI Season Pass, etc.) so, since the bundle was just created, the system thinks it is a new product and won't let the credit apply until 30 days have lapsed.

Wait, seriously? This is the only reason I bought Bioshock from you. Will it at least work after 30 days?

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

AmazonTony posted:

Called customer service and they fixed it for me. Changed the 2k credit to just a regular promo credit.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Tony, can you get Steam keys for this Sega bundle? Most of the content like the Sonic games and Genesis collections come with steam keys in other packs so I figure it isn't too much of an ask, thanks.

Also when are we getting a bundle named after us like the CAG folks?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Swagger Dagger posted:

Wait, seriously? This is the only reason I bought Bioshock from you. Will it at least work after 30 days?

Yeah dude, it'll work 30 days post launch. This was actually spelled out on the detail page and the promotional details page when we ran the pre-order. I also covered it in a few different threads (definitely CAG/Reddit, I thought I did here).

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Cass posted:

Tony, can you get Steam keys for this Sega bundle? Most of the content like the Sonic games and Genesis collections come with steam keys in other packs so I figure it isn't too much of an ask, thanks.

Also when are we getting a bundle named after us like the CAG folks?

We're going to recreate that bundle so in future sales it is all steam keys.

Yes, the plan is to get more feedback from you all once we run another round of bundles and then there will be GoonPacks.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That sounds awesome. I also want to ask if you ever got a reply/news from the Kingdoms of Amalur owners (wasn't Rhode Island?) about Steam keys, I know there are a lot of goons interested on that for this summer. :wink:

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Guillermus posted:

That sounds awesome. I also want to ask if you ever got a reply/news from the Kingdoms of Amalur owners (wasn't Rhode Island?) about Steam keys, I know there are a lot of goons interested on that for this summer. :wink:

Nope, not a word. I had multiple phone calls with the guy who currently manages the IP, told him what was up (including that the game was still be sold on Steam, which he had no idea about), after which I never.heard.from.him.again. There was a Steam sale (I think like 50% off?) on the game almost immediately after we had this conversation though, so if you're interested in getting a deal on it, I imagine it'll be on sale again through Steam now that the people who own the rights to the game know it is still for sale.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

AmazonTony posted:

We're going to recreate that bundle so in future sales it is all steam keys.

Yes, the plan is to get more feedback from you all once we run another round of bundles and then there will be GoonPacks.
There are 48 games in that bundle.

Don't make us enter 48 keys into Steam, Tony. :ohdear:

Okay it'd actually be 12, but still.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

gibbed posted:

Don't make us enter 48 keys into Steam, Tony. :ohdear:

No! It's much better to have separate keys in case you get duplicates.

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Just want to chime in I've purchased various games from Amazon the past few months and have always been happy. I'm glad to see this thread and hopefully I'll some more great sales go up at some point.

Chiming in to thank Tony for all his customer service work in this thread. I prefer games with Steam keys but I've gotten to the point where if a game has a key and is at a similar price, I'd rather buy it on Amazon than directly from Steam. That's mainly because although I've never had a problem that needs to be addressed, this thread is a nice safety blanket in that it's good to know we have somebody around to answer our questions as opposed to the sometimes dreadful Steam support.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

AmazonTony posted:

Nope, not a word. I had multiple phone calls with the guy who currently manages the IP, told him what was up (including that the game was still be sold on Steam, which he had no idea about), after which I never.heard.from.him.again. There was a Steam sale (I think like 50% off?) on the game almost immediately after we had this conversation though, so if you're interested in getting a deal on it, I imagine it'll be on sale again through Steam now that the people who own the rights to the game know it is still for sale.

Thanks for the reply. I can't remember the sale but what I noticed time ago is that they changed the price from 49.99 to 29.99, at least is something.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

AmazonTony posted:

Yeah dude, it'll work 30 days post launch. This was actually spelled out on the detail page and the promotional details page when we ran the pre-order. I also covered it in a few different threads (definitely CAG/Reddit, I thought I did here).

I probably just missed it. No worries, 30 days is still worth free.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

aggfhyfghfgfhh so mad I missed this one. That's an incredible deal.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Psion posted:

Wasn't this $12 last time it was up? That's what I remember paying for the bundle, though it didn't come with any of the worthless Max Payne DLC.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Crashbee posted:

Wasn't this $12 last time it was up? That's what I remember paying for the bundle, though it didn't come with any of the worthless Max Payne DLC.

It has been $17.99 in the past without the DLC for any of the games (they were all the vanilla versions) you may have had a $5 credit, bringing it to ~$12...we give out a lot of $5 credits.

Psion posted:

It'll be back, we're doing a recap, tell your friends.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

AmazonTony posted:

It has been $17.99 in the past without the DLC for any of the games (they were all the vanilla versions) you may have had a $5 credit, bringing it to ~$12...we give out a lot of $5 credits.

Perhaps, but going by the reviews it was apparently $12 back in May. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJ92T46/ref=oh_d__o00_details_o00__i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The instant Ticket to Ride goes on sale, man...

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The instant Ticket to Ride goes on sale, man...

Sorry dude.

Crashbee posted:

Perhaps, but going by the reviews it was apparently $12 back in May. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJ92T46/ref=oh_d__o00_details_o00__i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm thinking he had a coupon too, I just went through my tracker and I can't find a $12 line item for the game, only the $17.99, in any case, if I'm wrong, my bad.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Hey guys,

We're thinking about doing another coupon code for people to use on games on sale. I want to name this one after SA and want you guys to pick the name (within reason of course). I need an 8 character string to use. Here's what I've come up with:

1. Goonrock
2. Goonsave
3. Gooncoup
4. Gooooons

Thoughts?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I vote for number 4 personally. Keep up the great work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Goatsecx should be an option. :mmmhmm:

I vote for 4 too.

• Locked thread