Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Looking at that pic of the Soul King, is anyone else reminded of Orihime's healing shields, only completely wrap around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Re: reread notes:

I like how everybody just learned how to fly at some point after the soul society arc without ever really explaining it.

Kenpachi is still The Best Character.

The xcution arc was worth it just for the mental image of Hisagi jacking a Harley and joyriding through the seireitei until Yamamoto himself decided to crack down on that poo poo.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I would be happy with the manga ending with Kenpachi slashing the gently caress out of the Spirit King.

We all know it's going to be some contrived silly poo poo. Like time traveling Aizen from the future or something.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mr. stefan posted:

Re: reread notes:

I like how everybody just learned how to fly at some point after the soul society arc without ever really explaining it.

Zangetsu taught Ichigo IIRC.

tsob posted:

Central 46 are part of Soul Society though. Haschwald is not. He has nothing to do with it from what we've been told. In fact, I don't recall anything to suggest that any Hollow, Quincy or other ghost power person of any kind has ever come out of Soul Society except a Shinigami. I still think there's a good chance Ywach originally was a Shinigami or something, but I'm just going on gut extinct with that and don't recall any evidence beyond the familiar tone between Yama and him to support it.

In fact, now that Zogundar has disproved the use of the word king in the last chapter I'm interested to know what evidence you think there is to support such a theory regarding Haschwald?

I'm not sure why you think its impossible that the quincy group attacking Shinigami and wanting to destroy soul society would attack the Soul King and take over his position given that he has some power that is essential to reality and soul society.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Kild posted:

Zangetsu taught Ichigo IIRC.

Ichigo was actually doing it before Zangetsu showed up even.

http://www.mangapanda.com/94-12-8/bleach/chapter-5.html

A couple pages later, here Ichigo is being knocked from the sky, so he even stayed up there too.

http://www.mangapanda.com/94-12-10/bleach/chapter-5.html

It just gets used a whole lot more for all the Hueco Mundo/Aizen poo poo, but it's been there all along.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Kild posted:

I'm not sure why you think its impossible that the quincy group attacking Shinigami and wanting to destroy soul society would attack the Soul King and take over his position given that he has some power that is essential to reality and soul society.

I mean, taking his powers is not "becoming the next soul king" just like how Aizen isn't the next soul king. Also, if you're wondering how Haschwald is going to be used, he does look a lot like Captain Tubercolosis, so maybe there's some tie-in to why he has ghost tubercolosis and a weird hollow-esque beam shooting sword, etc.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Kild posted:

I don't really, when put like that. Your original wording suggested that Haschwald had some unique quality that marked him as a candidate to succeed the Soul King, which is what I was questioning since he has no tie of any kind to him. I do however think it's unlikely he wants to be the Soul King given that Ywach's plan is basically to destroy reality and there's not much to suggest that Haschwald even knows of the existence of the Soul King himself. I think it's a lot more likely that he wants to subvert Ywach's plan and take Ishida's place as his heir, planning on ruling the Quincy and possibly even Soul Society once he's done so. He doesn't need to know about the Soul King to want to rule Soul Society though.

SerSpook posted:

Ichigo was actually doing it before Zangetsu showed up even.

Pretty sure that the manga explained at some point that Shinigami can walk on air in the human world from the start and don't really need any training etc. to do it, presumably something to do with spiritrons. They can't do it for some reason in Soul Society though, which is why Ichigo needed the Shihouin family cape to fly up to rescue Rukia from execution. I would imagine the same is true of Hueco Mondo, and I don't recall Ichigo flying or air-walking during his fight with Grimmjaw. Can't recall if he did when fighting Ulquiorra, either in normal or super-hollow form.

tsob fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jul 3, 2013

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

mr. stefan posted:

It's not flying, it's running on air. Any perceived flying is merely jumping sideways.

Or that anime thing they all do where they lunge forward off one step.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

SpazmasterX posted:

It's not flying, it's running on air. Any perceived flying is merely jumping sideways.

What happens when you jump sideways in Sideways City?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

tsob posted:

Pretty sure that the manga explained at some point that Shinigami can walk on air in the human world from the start and don't really need any training etc. to do it, presumably something to do with spiritrons. They can't do it for some reason in Soul Society though, which is why Ichigo needed the Shihouin family cape to fly up to rescue Rukia from execution. I would imagine the same is true of Hueco Mondo, and I don't recall Ichigo flying or air-walking during his fight with Grimmjaw. Can't recall if he did when fighting Ulquiorra, either in normal or super-hollow form.

edit: Never mind, misread something. Not sure about Grimmjow and doing it in Hueco Mundo though. I always assumed in Soul Society it had to do with the special wall thing.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

What happens when you jump sideways in Sideways City?

You're either jumping up or down.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Walking on air is just a thing all shinigami can do, all the time. I think they mention during Soul Society that Shinigami are trained in four areas: Swordsmanship, Martial Arts, Kido and Footwork. The footwork, as far as we know, only contains Shunpo, it'd make sense it it also includes standing on air.

I think the only reason no one flies during Soul Society probably has something to do with that weird barrier in the Seireitei.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The way they stand on air is by concentrating spirit particles or whatever under their feet, like when going between Hueco Mundo and the human world. Since Soul Society is completely made of spirit particles they probably can't stand on air there even if they wanted to.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
And here I was fullbringing the soul of shoes this entire time.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

Prison Warden posted:

I think the only reason no one flies during Soul Society probably has something to do with that weird barrier in the Seireitei.

Its this. They don't fly because of that barrier that Ichigo and crew had to be blasted into. No one has ever been shown flying in Seireitei expect for when Ichigo used that artifact. Everyone else flies everywhere else and Ichigo did it as early as the first couple of chapters.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I love how even Ichigo had no reaction to it. Not even a, "Hey, I can walk on air now!" He just rolled with it.

Did someone just mention Ukitake having a "hollow-like beam shooting sword"? As I recall, his sword absorbs and reflects energy attacks, with it implying to do so regardless of the source. It's just that the one time he used it was against Starrrk's cero.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Batmasterson posted:

Its this. They don't fly because of that barrier that Ichigo and crew had to be blasted into. No one has ever been shown flying in Seireitei expect for when Ichigo used that artifact. Everyone else flies everywhere else and Ichigo did it as early as the first couple of chapters.
Huh, one of those details I never noticed. Did the filler arcs remember this too? No one ever could fly or stand on the 'air' in Soul Society? (Or is it just inside the Seireitei?)

I wonder if the wings Quincy get from Vollstandig will let them fly around there.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Flight isn't impossible there, just air-standing so I see no reason Quincy couldn't fly using wings.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

tsob posted:

Flight isn't impossible there, just air-standing so I see no reason Quincy couldn't fly using wings.
Actually now that I think about it, wasn't one of the first things that happened during the invasion Juha Bach air standing above some Shinigami and being a smartass?

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c493/15.html (next page)

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Ishida also managed to fly in Hueco Mundo, though it took him a bit to realize he could.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Are any of the Bleach video games any good? Is it ok to ask that here?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

The_Frag_Man posted:

Are any of the Bleach video games any good? Is it ok to ask that here?

No idea, but I do know the chapter is out now.

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/544/3

Other poo poo happened this chapter, but I can really only think that Bambietta is really hosed up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So did Bambietta drag some random dude into her room, do it with him and then cut him in half? :stonk:

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
More importantly, if she has a reputation for this, how does she ever get away with it? The guy seemed totally convinced he was about to get laid, did she have sex and then kill him, or was her shirt unbuttoned as a ploy? If it was at least the former, maybe it's at least known that she's so good in bed that dying afterward is worth it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

VJeff posted:

So did Bambietta drag some random dude into her room, do it with him and then cut him in half? :stonk:

loving boring! :wink:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I liked the randomracist Angel Slime. Why does it exist?

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jul 3, 2013

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

VJeff posted:

I think she just cut him in half after unbuttoning her shirt going by the mangastream translation.

By the way, Mangastream version is up. I'm more curious as to what the hole in her wall is about given it's perfectly square and extends through several other walls too. And what Urahara is looking at at the end? Is it one of the Vandenreich symbols or what? Also, looks like Ishida is not only knows that Ywach killed his mom, but Ywach is aware he knows and is practically taunting him with it - which is cold. And kind of dumb, but that's not really news in a faction leader in Bleach. I didn't even recognize Orihime until Chad showed up. Her slime is cool though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is Bach just lying for the hell of it when he says Uryu's the only non-pure Quincy to survive Quincy Krstallnacht, or does he not realize that Ichigo is the most impure Quincy/whatever magical being floats your boat ever?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Given Haschwald's implication that he made Ishida his successor to promote conflict within the Vandenreich and keep them all occupied as well as keep a tight leash on Ishida I imagine he's just straight up lying for the sake of convenience. He certainly knows Ichigo has some powers and presumably knows who his mother was as well given that he took her powers.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

tsob posted:

By the way, Mangastream version is up.

Man, this translation is even worse than Mangapanda's. Just, really awkward English.

But oh boy oh boy please tell me the people Inoue's surprised to see are Tatsuki & co.

I have been waiting for Tatsuki to get powers for five hundred chapters. :allears:

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
That poor guy never had a chance :smith: Even if she does that every day, what's he gonna do, say no? She'll just kill him on the spot anyway. A new group of arguing female characters, one with big breasts, great. I wonder what the "T" stands for :heysexy:

This chapter leaves a lot of questions, like Ishida's true role, whats up with Haschwald's servant's eyes, and can Urahara actually make Chad and Inoune relevant again?

I'd rather see the rest of the Royal Guard training, but I'll never complain about seeing Urahara.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Advice posted:

More importantly, if she has a reputation for this, how does she ever get away with it? The guy seemed totally convinced he was about to get laid, did she have sex and then kill him, or was her shirt unbuttoned as a ploy? If it was at least the former, maybe it's at least known that she's so good in bed that dying afterward is worth it.

I think it's more of a catch 22. You're gonna die anyways. Either refuse and die, or go along and "maybe" get lucky before you die.

Oh well. At least with the revelation that Bach wants to keep Uryuu on a short leash the whole "OMG an ally joined the enemy" trope might be over and done with pretty soon.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Autonomous Monster posted:

I have been waiting for Tatsuki to get powers for five hundred chapters. :allears:[/spoiler]

Why? Using Chad and Inoue as examples, having powers wouldn't make her any more relevant or increase her screen time.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Mulderman posted:

I think it's more of a catch 22. You're gonna die anyways. Either refuse and die, or go along and "maybe" get lucky before you die.

Nah, his reaction doesn't look like a guy thinking he's about to die, lucky or not. The implication appears to be that she does it occasionally when angry, but not often enough that anyone outside her circle of "friends", friends being a rather loose term in this case by the looks of things, knows about it. She presumably just disposes of the body and the troops are told they died on a mission in a few days time or something.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

tsob posted:

I'm more curious as to what the hole in her wall is about given it's perfectly square and extends through several other walls too.

I think it's implied that she blasted the hole in the wall to get the other girls to shut up.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

CubanMissile posted:

Why? Using Chad and Inoue as examples, having powers wouldn't make her any more relevant or increase her screen time.

Don't kill the dream, guy. :smith:

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
Is Urahara making another Hogie? Also, is Ywach purposely deceiving Uryuu in order to set up the final showdown between him and Ichigo?

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

AlistairCookie posted:

Is Urahara making another Hogie? Also, is Ywach purposely deceiving Uryuu in order to set up the final showdown between him and Ichigo?

The item in the barrier is the Quincy device used to steal bankais.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Yeah it looks like he's trying to break down one of the medals

Either that or he's making one of those steamed buns. Also the revelation that Chad/orihime are still eating bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rynder posted:

Yeah it looks like he's trying to break down one of the medals

Either that or he's making one of those steamed buns. Also the revelation that Chad/orihime are still eating bread.

I think it looks like he made a pizza crust.

• Locked thread