Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Bussamove posted:

Yeah, that's what I was going to use. All the utility I need for those fights, and it'll make the trash between the first FT boss whose name I forget and Zaviel less of a pain to boot.

AP is so OP for some fights (Azhrius comes to mind).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinn
May 13, 2011

Kreczor posted:

Read a few posts up.

thanks. worked!

Korlac
Nov 16, 2006

A quintessential being known throughout the Realm as the 'Dungeon Master'. :rolldice:

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So based on my last post what is the best way to level a cleric.

I'm about level 14 now and I'm having a blast with Druid/Warden. The combination of Dots/Hots/Shields/Melee/Instant Cast spells and Pets makes for a very interesting and robust leveling experience.

The Satyr Protector is a great pet too because it's a tank, holds really good aggro, and instantly teleports to the creature you damage to pull it off you. Just make a few macros to auto shield and heal him and you'll find leveling to be a breeze.

On a side note, can I get a guild invite for Sierrra pretty please.

EDIT: That's 3 r's just in case people were confused.

Korlac fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 2, 2013

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Is cleric DPS poo poo? I would level one but if I have to heal for all eternity I would kill myself, and it sounds like we have enough tanks.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

Drythe posted:

Is cleric DPS poo poo? I would level one but if I have to heal for all eternity I would kill myself, and it sounds like we have enough tanks.

Depending on what spec. Leveling up I have been using http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2012/11/25/storm-legion-cleric-leveling-guide-the-energizer/ (which was mentioned earlier in the thread), which pretty much handholds you from level 10 to 60.

At level 43 I constantly pull multiple mobs for the AoE, quickly getting through quests or clear as I farm nodes.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Keshik posted:

I'd like to say thank you to Mouretsu. I just did a DRR to test out my new Nightblade spec and I saw a dps increase of 4k.

Holy. poo poo.

Would you mind linking to your spec?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Cleric endgame DPS right now is adequate. You won't be topping the charts, but you can do enough to fill the role. It's also worth noting that Clerics are next on the list after the final mage changes and will probably get some nice boosts/reworks.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Cleric endgame DPS right now is adequate. You won't be topping the charts, but you can do enough to fill the role. It's also worth noting that Clerics are next on the list after the final mage changes and will probably get some nice boosts/reworks.

I've never played cleric in endgame and don't even particularly like how the class functions from what I have, but I would really like to see them get some love in the DPS category. Playing a paladin in Cata made me sympathetic to any class that should be able to DPS well but can't.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Anyone invite my alt Laelana?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Heads up to Vandee/whoever is leading the raid tomorrow, I might be a bit late due to work. I should be on by about 6:15, but if you need to fill my spot before then I won't cry about it.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Oh gently caress, after today's server reset I got mail for Shinies games that I won last week. I thought those prizes were gone forever!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Save your credits, bronies!

quote:

RIFT ‏@Riftgame 5m
Ya know what I just saw? Unicorn & Pony companions - someday trotting their way to a Telara near you!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

deimos posted:

AP is so OP for some fights (Azhrius comes to mind).

Basically. I think (and I am not a good rift theory crafter) that 58/18 and 51/25 are the important archon specs to have around (with 51 winning if you don't have space for 58). If you archon a lot get the 40/36 for use with Beastmaster's, otherwise its useless.

cinn
May 13, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Save your credits, bronies!

uhm, excuse me. my wind-up pony is already the best of all ponykind.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
I seem to have run into a bug,

Good news! I can replicate it!

(Hi Murven, nice flowers)

lsp fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 3, 2013

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Why are you standing near what appears to be a monster made out of tits

Overture posted:

Would you mind linking to your spec?

It's fairly simple, NB61, Tac5, MM10.

What's worked for me is loading up fiery spike first, then the rest of my builders until the target is fully dotted up. Once all the dots are on, then I throw on the snare with the +damage taken, so as to maximize its effect. My finishers have been refreshing fiery spike, so I am able to leave it out of the rotation after the start, unless it falls off somehow.

I might not be doing it correctly, there may be a way to squeeze even more DPS out of this build. I think I prefer the style of rear end a little bit more, but I can't argue against the numbers I am getting out of NB.

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."
Invite to Jurrlol please :)

President Evil
Oct 10, 2012
Could you please invite Leokhani

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

lsp posted:

Haha oh wow. And I thought my blue bhami with a white-as-gently caress face was creepy.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If I want to tank while I'm levelling do I need actual tanking gear or will my DPS gear see me through if I use a decent tankspec?

Second question; is there any soul/macro setup I should use for optimal warrior tanking in the same way this exists for warrior DPS?

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
What's the proest build for doing 50-60 on a cleric?

Edit: is it just me or has the game become significantly more crashy lately?

Solarflare fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jul 3, 2013

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Pierson posted:

If I want to tank while I'm levelling do I need actual tanking gear or will my DPS gear see me through if I use a decent tankspec?

Second question; is there any soul/macro setup I should use for optimal warrior tanking in the same way this exists for warrior DPS?

Your regular gear will do well enough, but it's not uncommon to start eventually finding things with high endurance/dodge/whatever on them which you can grab to help a bit.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Pierson posted:

You need tank gear for SL stuff, generally.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Character created and in as Ardulfryn, dwarven cleric. Will join channel and ask for invite etc.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Now that we're back after the server move, I'd like an invite on Meluiden, please.

added to avoid double posting: Is crafting worth it or just a money sink? I'm debating picking up armourcrafting or weaponcrafting but if I'm never going to use or sell it, there's not a lot of reason to bother.

Prism fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jul 3, 2013

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Prism posted:

Now that we're back after the server move, I'd like an invite on Meluiden, please.

added to avoid double posting: Is crafting worth it or just a money sink? I'm debating picking up armourcrafting or weaponcrafting but if I'm never going to use or sell it, there's not a lot of reason to bother.

I just took foraging, mining, and butcher as my three skills, putting full stacks of raw materials on the AH can make you some decent money.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Prism posted:

There's always money to be made by people willing to look for the opportunities. I can't really get more specific than that because it's way different for each profession. I mean honestly if you want easy money just go triple gathering. The other stuff is useful because you can break your own stuff and make your own poo poo but nothing crafted is BoP so you can always get someone else to make you stuff.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

lsp posted:

The flowers are for Kaaz'Ra, Murven's one true love.

Or maybe he couldn't stop staring at the world boss because he's bad at mechanics. One or the other.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
So I got my warrior to 60 at 3am this morning. Got into an expert a few hours ago(AoF). I topped the charts in AoE and ST melee damage. However, I came in second when it came to ranged dps. My gear is BiS crafted helm, ring*2, polearm, belt, and with a bunch of other gear ranging from level 54 to 58. Got conquest base trinket and level 60 essences in my focus 39str 19ap ones in all slots.

I guess I need to work on my tempest rotations, but I always find there is about a .5 second wait between getting all my combo points and waiting for one of my finishers. Also, should I be using both the channeled abilities or just one? I know one is for AoE and the other st.

Edit: I'm using all the DPS builds in the OP.

SlayVus fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 3, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

SlayVus posted:

So I got my warrior to 60 at 3am this morning. Got into an expert a few hours ago(AoF). I topped the charts in AoE and ST melee damage. However, I came in second when it came to ranged dps. My gear is BiS crafted helm, ring*2, polearm, belt, and with a bunch of other gear ranging from level 54 to 58. Got conquest base trinket and level 60 essences in my focus 39str 19ap ones in all slots.

it's not really much help if you don't post a st/aoe dummy parse, but you're missing a couple of things. the crafted polearm, while having lots of crit power, has lower weapon dps, which is an immense dps loss compared to any level 60 weapon (from normals or experts, world gear, anything). this is why it's easier to dual wield, as the mainhand's dps is what matters so the offhand can act as a statstick and you can get an offhand with crit power and not worry about the dps on it. you're also misisng the bis essences which is a big dps loss (critpower epics/relics from venerated torvan + lycini, and the crit power/ap essences from the death/life raid rifts and blues from torvan/lycini rep before you get those) and a ton of non-crafted pieces by the sound of it. here is the BIS gear list for warriors. you want to concentrate on crit power over AP (except for weapons), and the stat priority goes something like this:

WEAPON DPS >>>>>>> crit power >>> ap > strength > phys crit > dex

which means you should be runing crit power on your boots, ap/dex on your chest and str everywhere else.

SlayVus posted:

I guess I need to work on my tempest rotations, but I always find there is about a .5 second wait between getting all my combo points and waiting for one of my finishers. Also, should I be using both the channeled abilities or just one? I know one is for AoE and the other st.

Edit: I'm using all the DPS builds in the OP.

the tempest rotation is very clean and this shouldn't be happening; your lack of parse here makes it hard to find where your mistake is. however, in a single target rotation, you shouldn't be using storm torrent, and you can avoid clipping entirely if you pull it off properly. here's my rotation (i've edited it a little for eu ping):

code:
starting with 3 combat points
(focused fire)
arc - charged pulse + double pulse - flamespear - electricity blast
skyfall
shock pulse - dual pulse
electricity cascade
lightning torrent

arc - charged pulse, double pulse - flamespear - electricity blast
skyfall
shock pulse - dual pulse
electricity cascade
shock pulse 
fiery burst
shock pulse x3 - work in a delayed blast here
everything on the same line can be put into a single macro (in that order, ofc). if you don't have to deal with 150-200 ping, you can use a 2pt fiery burst instead of a 1pt.

e: also make sure you have the right synergy crystal, as it is a big dps gain

shut up gelly fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 3, 2013

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Is there anything I can buy in-store to give to a friend to remove their wallet cap / functionality restriction? I understand that there are some limitations placed until you purchase something in the store - would him redeeming a REX remove this?

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Innerguard posted:

Is there anything I can buy in-store to give to a friend to remove their wallet cap / functionality restriction? I understand that there are some limitations placed until you purchase something in the store - would him redeeming a REX remove this?

Yes, any amount of points purchase is enough to remove the limitations, even the $5 option (you get 2 loyalty per credit you buy, and 2 loyalty per credit you spend, and you need 1500 loyalty to unlock the account). As I understand it, with Rex you do not receive the loyalty until you apply the credits to your account, so whoever uses it, not who buys it, gets the loyalty.

Coolwhoami fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 3, 2013

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Coolwhoami posted:

As I understand it, with Rex you do not receive the loyalty until you apply the credits to your account, so whoever uses it, not who buys it, gets the loyalty.

I was under the impression that the REX buyer gets a little loyalty too. This whole loyalty thing has me confused, I wish a CM/Dev would post an official in-depth guide to it.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Machai posted:

I was under the impression that the REX buyer gets a little loyalty too. This whole loyalty thing has me confused, I wish a CM/Dev would post an official in-depth guide to it.

Apparently not, if a mad goon posting on the rift forums about it a few days ago is to be believed: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/369796-buying-rex-granting-no-loyalty-you-serious.html

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Coolwhoami posted:

Apparently not, if a mad goon posting on the rift forums about it a few days ago is to be believed: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/369796-buying-rex-granting-no-loyalty-you-serious.html

I guess it only gives loyalty to the end user then. In that case, it seems much more efficient to buy credits directly and then gifting items to people for plat. They don't have to drop 1000p to buy a whole REX and you get loyalty and more credits/$ to sell to people. Patron store discount probably required to compete with other sellers.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Coolwhoami posted:

How do these people think it's supposed to work? You aren't going to get Loyalty for spending plat on the AH.

Machai posted:

http://community.riftgame.com/en/2013/05/28/walking-through-rex-gifting-in-rift-free-to-play/?????????????
https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1587???????????????????????????????????????

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 3, 2013

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Can my rogue Beeyork get an invite?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
So we're going to kill all of the farm bosses tonight, yeah? Right? One shots all the way home.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Daerc posted:

The flowers are for Kaaz'Ra, Murven's one true love.

Or maybe he couldn't stop staring at the world boss because he's bad at mechanics. One or the other.

I was worse snd lose no pride admitting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

necrotic posted:

So we're going to kill all of the farm bosses tonight, yeah? Right? One shots all the way home.

One shot all the farm bosses, two shot Crucia. :unsmigghh:

• Locked thread