Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Atlanta Kombat had a 20 man tournament earlier and now they're doing casuals. There's been some Zod play with some neat stuff being shown: http://www.twitch.tv/atlantakombat/

I was gonna try and get in a long set or two with someone on PSN tonight, but I ended up being sick instead. I ended up using the time instead to mess around with Hawkgirl for the first time in awhile. She has some stylish and damaging corner stuff, and since TYM's Hawkgirl combo thread's OP seems to not be up to date with them, I went ahead and compiled a list for myself. It's not complete, but it's a start:

Hawkgirl corner combos:
Note: All instances of db1~u+MB refer to doing the Mace Throw, quickly doing up + MB when she starts the windup and then releasing up. This will make her throw the mace straight forward as opposed to up-forward, but her shoulder tackle will go up instead of straight.

112 starter:
112, 3 XX db2~3, b1 XX db2~3, f1, 123, 32b1 (49%, meterless)

123 starter:
123 XX db2~3, b1 XX db2~3, f13, 123, 32b1 (44%, meterless)

b1 starter:
b1, b1 XX db2~3, b1 XX db2~3, f1, 123, 32b1 (40%, meterless)

f11 starter:
f11~4, fly down fly 12 XX bf2, f13, f1, 123, 32b1 (47%, meterless)
f11 XX db1~u+MB, 3 XX db2~3, b1 XX db2~3, f1, 123, 32b1 (56%, 1 meter)

f13 starter:
f13, b1 XX db2~3, b1 XX db2~3, f1, 123, 32b1 (41%, meterless)

b22 starter:
b22~4, fly down fly 2 XX bf2, f13, f1, 123, 32b1 (45%, meterless)
b22 XX db2~2, b1 XX db2~3, b1 XX db2~3, f1, 123, 32b1 (45%, meterless)
b22 XX db1~u+MB, 3 XX db2~3, b1 XX db2~3, f1, 123, 32b1 (55%, 1 meter)

b23 starter
db2~2, b1 XX db2~3, b1 XX db2~3, f1, 123, 32b1 (46%, meterless)

32 starter:
32 XX db2~2, b1 XX db2~3, b1 XX db2~3, f1, 123, 32b1 (47%, meterless)
32 XX db1~u+MB, 3 XX db2~3, b1 XX db2~3, f1, 123, 32b1 (57%, 1 meter)
3 XX db1~u+MB, 3 XX db2~3, b1 XX db2~3, f1, 123, 32b1 (58%, 1 meter)

db2~2 starter:
db2~2, b1 XX db2~3, b1 XX db2~3, f1, 123, 32b1 (42%, meterless)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Arikado won? Hot drat please tell me someone recorded all his matches :flashfap:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
The Flash Wins the Mass Bounty

But really, good games to all involved. It was a good one.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Holy Calamity! posted:

Arikado won? Hot drat please tell me someone recorded all his matches :flashfap:

SuddenBlackout streamed a handful of my matches, so I'm guessing he has the archives.

Unbound posted:

The Flash Wins the Mass Bounty

But really, good games to all involved. It was a good one.

This is the happiest day of my life.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Holy poo poo the flash's new forward dash :aaa:

Arikado posted:

SuddenBlackout streamed a handful of my matches, so I'm guessing he has the archives.

You were right! Good job man, Cyborg (SuddenBlackout specifically) scares the poo poo out of me so these matches are a great help.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 3, 2013

Arikado
May 9, 2008

It looks like the grand finals aren't archived yet. That was actually our first match of the tournament. I knocked him to losers, but he fought all the way back to grand finals. Good poo poo Blackout!

EDIT: Here we go. Grand finals start at about 18:40: http://www.twitch.tv/suddenblackout/b/425089681

Also, sponszi has a really good Batgirl. That character is really scary, 50/50s galore.

Arikado fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jul 3, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I think I like how Zod plays, but it feels like none of his moves are in any way safe. I think I need to spend more time with him and try him out more.

His zoning options don't seem great, although he has a ranged low which is nice. Pistol is pretty much Sinestro's fireball and the rifle takes about 5 minutes to pull out. The rifle is a really good set up if you can actually land it, though.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!

Arikado posted:

It looks like the grand finals aren't archived yet. That was actually our first match of the tournament. I knocked him to losers, but he fought all the way back to grand finals. Good poo poo Blackout!

EDIT: Here we go. Grand finals start at about 18:40: http://www.twitch.tv/suddenblackout/b/425089681

Also, sponszi has a really good Batgirl. That character is really scary, 50/50s galore.

Thanks man. Flash is a really scary character to fight, with any hit going into 50% + damage. Suddenblackout is definitely the most solid Cyborg I've ever played, I thought the matchup would be in Batgirl's favor, but Blackout knew Batgirl's weaknesses really well.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Arikado posted:

You're not kidding. I was getting worked the gently caress over by sponz' the other day.

The new costumes kick so much rear end, I'm really glad I got a pack that contains a great costume for both my mains. I'll never have to buy another pack again!

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry

sponsz posted:

Thanks man. Flash is a really scary character to fight, with any hit going into 50% + damage. Suddenblackout is definitely the most solid Cyborg I've ever played, I thought the matchup would be in Batgirl's favor, but Blackout knew Batgirl's weaknesses really well.

Oh that matchup is definitely in her favor, I just had the advantage of you not knowing Cyborg that well. Good poo poo to Arikado for running me over with the Flash train. Its been a minute since we played last so I forgot his tendency to go overhead most of the time meaning I was low blocking way more than I should have. GGs all around tho.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

His zoning options don't seem great, although he has a ranged low which is nice. Pistol is pretty much Sinestro's fireball and the rifle takes about 5 minutes to pull out. The rifle is a really good set up if you can actually land it, though.

That pistol comes out so drat fast though is what I like, I can pretty much whip it out whenever and people usually won't block it unless they were already in full-retreat, plus the speed's just nice for harassing people with it. So far my whole BnB with Zod though has been 112-1+3 into his MB command grab, which has worked pretty spectacularly so far. Also that command grab in general has pretty high priority it feels like, I've gone right through a number of other specials with it already.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Yardbomb posted:

That pistol comes out so drat fast though is what I like, I can pretty much whip it out whenever and people usually won't block it unless they were already in full-retreat, plus the speed's just nice for harassing people with it. So far my whole BnB with Zod though has been 112-1+3 into his MB command grab, which has worked pretty spectacularly so far. Also that command grab in general has pretty high priority it feels like, I've gone right through a number of other specials with it already.

Every combo I've done ends with it over the bf3 because the grab will do like 2-5% more. His foot laser can be good pressure at more ranges too, as well as a switch between the speeds of db1.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Those matches were a pleasure to watch, lots of great players. Glad I didn't enter the tourney, but always fun to see the masters at work.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe
First of all, gently caress Batgirl. Second, gently caress Cyborg. Third, hey thanks for playing dudes that was a pretty fun time. I set the next one for Tuesday, July 9th 10pm CST: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/8zgecb4YHg

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Well I'm in again. I had the misfortune of fighting ragebeef in the first round, but I tore it up pretty well in the loser's bracket.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Awesome Zod Yardbomb I still can't figure out how to avoid that things grab! If you see my Wonder Woman in her shield stance switching between her low->low and her low->overhead, you know I'm desperate because I never use that stance.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Awesome Zod Yardbomb. I still can't figure out how to avoid that things grab! If you see my Wonder Woman in her shield stance switching between her low->low and her low->overhead, you know I'm desperate because I never use that stance.

I'm really hoping Zod holds up even when people learn his moveset a bit more. He's just so drat fun that I've been playing pretty much nothing but him since he came out. :allears:

Also I was almost surprised that I pulled out that last win with the starfish ball, but then I remembered that Zod always wins. :smuggo:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 3, 2013

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

I'm really hoping Zod holds up even when people learn his moveset a bit more. He's just so drat fun that I've been playing pretty much nothing but him since he came out. :allears:

The only problem I have with him is he looks like he walked out of a gay leather bar (I've been to quite a few.). Other than that he seems pretty cool.

Edit:

Yardbomb posted:

Also I was almost surprised that I pulled out that last win with the starfish ball, but then I remembered that Zod always wins. :smuggo:

I dash forward much more often than I should. I'll never learn. Ha!

vvv: Perfect to follow my gay leather bar comment. :yayclod:

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 3, 2013

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Kneel before Zod.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So trying to download the new patch makes my PS3 make a disturbingly loud beep and reset, the patch never starts downloading. I think it did this last time but stopped an hour or two after the patch had gone up, this time it's still doing it and the patch has been out over a day I think. This is a bit annoying.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

Kneel before Zod.

If you don't kneel from his mighty bald visage, then you surely will after seeing his sweet dance moves. Mash stance switch, suddenly you're General Zod: Lord of the Dance.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

So trying to download the new patch makes my PS3 make a disturbingly loud beep and reset, the patch never starts downloading. I think it did this last time but stopped an hour or two after the patch had gone up, this time it's still doing it and the patch has been out over a day I think. This is a bit annoying.

I don't know how many times you tried but if my PS3 does this I just keep trying and it usually works on the 3rd(ish) attempt.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

It did that a lot to me too. Eventually it started downloading after a reset. I think wait a second after the second time you try to download it and it will start working (like wait a couple seconds after it asks you to click "ok").

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

thebardyspoon posted:

This happened to me for the last patch. Just keep trying, it'll eventually work.

Thanks for the suggestions about what characters to pick, I think I've got it narrowed down to Batman, Raven, and Zod when he comes out for us non-Season Passers.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

thebardyspoon posted:

I had this happen to me and I fixed it by deleting the "downloaded settings" save file for injustice.

On another note, holy christ is Zod fun. I haven't touched injustice since a bit after Batgirl came out but after seeing the trailer for Zod and messing around with him for a bit I think I'm in love. I'll probably get destroyed by any of you guys but I'd love to try him out against some good players. My PSN ID is Stark160, just added it to the google doc.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So, it sounds like NRS might have finally made the DLC available for Wii U, up to and including Zod. No idea if they've fixed the online lobbies at all.

This is good news

Arikado
May 9, 2008

SuddenBlackout posted:

Good poo poo to Arikado for running me over with the Flash train. Its been a minute since we played last so I forgot his tendency to go overhead most of the time meaning I was low blocking way more than I should have. GGs all around tho.

Next set we play, I'm just gonna go low every time. :v:

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

nunsexmonkrock posted:

It did that a lot to me too. Eventually it started downloading after a reset. I think wait a second after the second time you try to download it and it will start working (like wait a couple seconds after it asks you to click "ok").

Yeah, this is what works for me, it happens in all kinds of games, when you get the patch notice just sit there for 20 seconds and then hit "okay".

You guys on PSN need to add me, my tag is Demmonaz, playing Ranked gets boring because everybody is terrible. I had one guy rage on me because as Grundy he couldn't beat me when I was playing as Nightwing and literally just jumping and throwing wingdings, he had something like a 70% win rate too. I mean, I'm terrible too but I want to learn and not just tool on people.

ParanoidInc posted:

my PSN ID is Stark160, just added it to the google doc.

I didn't realize this existed and added my name as well.

Arikado posted:

Next set we play, I'm just gonna go low every time. :v:

Your Flash rules, his dash buff looks totally sweet.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 3, 2013

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

WarEternal posted:

You guys on PSN need to add me

I think my ps3 froze trying to connect with you. I'll restart and try again.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I think my ps3 froze trying to connect with you. I'll restart and try again.

Raven's 223 (the stagger string) is advantage on block, you have to backdash after 22 or pushblock it, armor f3 or b3 might work too but I'm not sure.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 3, 2013

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

WarEternal posted:

Raven's 223 (the stagger string) is advantage on block, you have to backdash after 22 or pushblock it, armor f3 or b3 might work too but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the tip. I realized Ravens combo was safe but have had no idea what to do with it.

Edit: It was nice fighting you :)

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 3, 2013

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.
I'm surprised that for one match I managed to outzone a Cyborg, whether or not it was under harsh net conditions.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

deepshock posted:

I'm surprised that for one match I managed to outzone a Cyborg, whether or not it was under harsh net conditions.

Take what you can. Blackout's Cyborg is crazy good, so much so that I'm a little glad I lost to Arikado's Flash early on. Almost had him the first fight though, then I whiffed the combo that would have done it. drat you thumbs for doing the teleport just a little to early.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

IronMcHardSteel posted:

First of all, gently caress Batgirl. Second, gently caress Cyborg. Third, hey thanks for playing dudes that was a pretty fun time. I set the next one for Tuesday, July 9th 10pm CST: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/8zgecb4YHg

Is this a PS3 or 360 tourney? If it's 360, I might sign up for the hell of it. Free win to whoever faces off with me!

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Lurdiak posted:

Is this a PS3 or 360 tourney? If it's 360, I might sign up for the hell of it. Free win to whoever faces off with me!

it's Xbox. Which reminds me, you PS3 guys should get one together too. It's a load of fun to make jokes and lose in these tournaments.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Fun games Demmonaz! Sorry I sucked so much against your raven, you're really drat good with her. Any tips on fighting staff nightwing? I felt that I had the most trouble against that, those normals are so drat fast.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

ParanoidInc posted:

Fun games Demmonaz! Sorry I sucked so much against your raven, you're really drat good with her. Any tips on fighting staff nightwing? I felt that I had the most trouble against that, those normals are so drat fast.

Yeah, good games.

I'm actually fairly new to Nightwing so I don't have any advice that I can think of, I'm also not really familiar with how Zod works either since I'm not able to grab him yet. I think you mostly want to find ways to keep Nightwing out so he can't start working his crazy up close staff game. That MB command grab was really annoying because it'd put me at what seems to be a bad distance for Nightwing.

I didn't switch out of Raven because I thought you sucked, I just figure since you just started playing Zod you don't want to get tooled on by Raven over and over again, because I think she's a little bit more annoying online than she would be offline.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I think I like how Zod plays, but it feels like none of his moves are in any way safe. I think I need to spend more time with him and try him out more.

This is how I feel about Zod as well. I can do stuff from full screen (though outside of pistols I don't like his ranged stuff too much) or I can try for strings up close, but I have a lot of trouble controlling mid-screen and closing distance with him without getting really unsafe.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Like I said I don't have him yet, but it seemed to me like Zod's command grab is good if you can make good reads with it, it seems fast enough to punish certain things if you're predicting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

WarEternal posted:

Yeah, good games.

I'm actually fairly new to Nightwing so I don't have any advice that I can think of, I'm also not really familiar with how Zod works either since I'm not able to grab him yet. I think you mostly want to find ways to keep Nightwing out so he can't start working his crazy up close staff game. That MB command grab was really annoying because it'd put me at what seems to be a bad distance for Nightwing.

I didn't switch out of Raven because I thought you sucked, I just figure since you just started playing Zod you don't want to get tooled on by Raven over and over again, because I think she's a little bit more annoying online than she would be offline.

Yeah, that command grab seems to be hella good for Zod. Incredibly quick and it seems decently safeish. And thanks for that, but I'm totally okay with getting blown up over and over again. I figure as long as I can learn something with each loss it's all good.

• Locked thread