Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Showing my support for Paula Deen today, I guess.

Actually its a nice skin tone, but I don't think it comes on any of the races naturally afaik?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

necrotic posted:

So we're going to kill all of the farm bosses tonight, yeah? Right? One shots all the way home.

Yep, I hope my internet doesn't poo poo itself!

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Eltoasto posted:

Ok invitated them, even though your actions display a lack of faith!

I just really like my character names, and they were all taken on Threesprings :)

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Kreczor posted:

Yep, I hope my internet doesn't poo poo itself!

I bet it only does that in GA.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
Need a reinvite on Tanisolta and Ildralath.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
re: credits on the cash store and loyalty

It's very simple actually: you get 2 loyalty points for every credit you SPEND on the store, you get 2 loyalty points for every credit that you PURCHASE using money.

So if you purchase 750 credits, and then spend all of them, you will have gained 3000 loyalty points. 750x2 for buying the credits, and 750x2 for spending the credits.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

necrotic posted:

I bet it only does that in GAwhen you fail mechanics.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Raid party

Hydrogenated
Apr 9, 2010
Could I get an invite for Hydroxius as well as Tamon please. Might transfer some other characters over at some point as well.

TheNightReaver
Sep 7, 2011

Go fart with the angels.

necrotic posted:

Raid party

Nice, I can't wait to get raiding. I was a hardcore-ish raider in WoW, since it launched. I healed all through MC till I got bored as gently caress with Pandas and their lazy designed raids (I mean come on, the bosses are just REALLY BIG normal mobs with a paintjob...it's like they aren't even trying anymore).

How does the engine handle raids that big? I have a beefy PC, but it seems the engine chugs even in the simplest environments.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

TheNightReaver posted:

Nice, I can't wait to get raiding. I was a hardcore-ish raider in WoW, since it launched. I healed all through MC till I got bored as gently caress with Pandas and their lazy designed raids (I mean come on, the bosses are just REALLY BIG normal mobs with a paintjob...it's like they aren't even trying anymore).

How does the engine handle raids that big? I have a beefy PC, but it seems the engine chugs even in the simplest environments.

Fairly well, actually. I could raid at max settings before I upgraded monitors, using a ~2 year old video card.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Problem is that Rift can be choked back by just one core of your CPU.

i7 920@3.2Ghz, 18GB Ram, GTX 680 2GB, 240GB SSD

My graphical settings

My CPU and GPU usage in Tempest Bay at around 2:00 AM EST on a weekday.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

SlayVus posted:

Problem is that Rift can be choked back by just one core of your CPU.

i7 920@3.2Ghz, 18GB Ram, GTX 680 2GB, 240GB SSD

My graphical settings

My CPU and GPU usage in Tempest Bay at around 2:00 AM EST on a weekday.

Big cities are awful for the game. There are just so many models running around.

Mr. Torrance
Sep 16, 2006
Have you ever thought about MY RESPONSIBILITIES?
Can some friendly gentleman send an invite to my character Ecnarrot?

Thanks!

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

necrotic posted:

Raid party

Knew I should have gotten this up right quick when I took it.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Guild invites caught up to here.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
What's a good set of souls for duoing quest content?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

WetSpink posted:

What's a good set of souls for duoing quest content?

The classes in rift are so versatile with all the souls, a pair can pretty much adapt to do whatever. I'd say make sure one of you can tank (warrior/rogue/cleric) and one of you can heal (mage/cleric), that way if you want to do a dungeon, all you need are dps. But yeah, choose based on how the play style appeals to you.

Nuada
Nov 4, 2012
Need a reinvite on Neep

Jethz
Sep 17, 2004
I'm not sure but did they eventually decide not to give a monthly amount of credits to Patrons? That kind of sucks.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Jethz posted:

I'm not sure but did they eventually decide not to give a monthly amount of credits to Patrons? That kind of sucks.

This is sad but true. I haven't decided whether to cancel my subscription yet - does anyone know if you get more loyalty by subscribing compared to spending the same amount on credits?

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Edit: double post from phone, sorry

Jethz
Sep 17, 2004

Prince John posted:

This is sad but true. I haven't decided whether to cancel my subscription yet - does anyone know if you get more loyalty by subscribing compared to spending the same amount on credits?

Thinking about it, you really get hosed on loyalty if you buy subscription directly via their website instead of buying credits and then buying a Patron pass with your credits. (I do have to check if that is more expensive though).

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
the only reason i bother subbing is because of the patron vials. increasing rep/token gains by 40% is more useful than anything from loyalty.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

shut up gelly posted:

the only reason i bother subbing is because of the patron vials. increasing rep/token gains by 40% is more useful than anything from loyalty.

You'd be getting the same bonuses from just buying the 30-day patron passes in the store. Unless Trion addresses the issue of patron pass buyers getting twice the amount of loyalty as subscribers, I highly doubt it's worth it to stay subscribed. Just drop $20/month on credits, buy a 30-day and some cool skin or something.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kreczor posted:

You'd be getting the same bonuses from just buying the 30-day patron passes in the store. Unless Trion addresses the issue of patron pass buyers getting twice the amount of loyalty as subscribers, I highly doubt it's worth it to stay subscribed. Just drop $20/month on credits, buy a 30-day and some cool skin or something.

the patron passes are non-recurring, so if you have a 3month or longer recurring sub it's less expensive to take that and buy credits. plus the only things i'd buy now are rune unsocketing things for gear upgrades, since the relic runes are hella expensive.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Jethz posted:

Yeah, Daglar is unshakably adamant about no credit stipends. It's dumb as gently caress, but whatever.

Don't bother trying to argue this on the forums, either, everyone will point to loving Tera of all things as to "well they don't give a stipend with their sub either so :hurr:".

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

For "Ignoreme" and anyone else that wishes to adjust which chat channel #s go to which chat channel:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/355025-want-fix-chat-channel-numbers-all-your-chars.html

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Good attempts on Crucia last night, we got to see phase 3 despite my horrible network. We'll down her for sure on monday.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Can I get some clarification here: are we all on Deepwood, or Threesprings? So many people are saying one thing and doing another, or bouncing back and forth, and the OP still says Deepwood...

Nephielle
Mar 25, 2005

by XyloJW

Drone posted:

Can I get some clarification here: are we all on Deepwood, or Threesprings? So many people are saying one thing and doing another, or bouncing back and forth, and the OP still says Deepwood...

There is no longer a guild on Threesprings as far as I am aware. Goon Squad is on Deepwood. I just went in-game to check to see if there was any info about transferring anywhere, and there wasn't. I hope that helps!

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nephielle posted:

There is no longer a guild on Threesprings as far as I am aware. Goon Squad is on Deepwood. I just went in-game to check to see if there was any info about transferring anywhere, and there wasn't. I hope that helps!

Change the guild name to <Nomads>, where we transfer from shard to shard week after week, inflating auction houses and creating an eSilk Road.

In other news, I played some PvP with some goons last night and it was an amazingly fun time. Everything I said earlier in this thread about PvP changed when playing a few rounds with a dedicated group, which never numbered more than thee of us but really impacted the entire experience. It didn't feel like a decent into madness as the solo PvP experience typical provides; we were very much in control of our fate and won about 90% of our matches.

One of our last matches was 3 v 6. Myself (as Urinetest), Kumek, and Petletnermete(sp?) in Whitehall Steppes. We irked out an uber-close victory against a group that was so angry at our victory I had about 12 whispers from enemies of nothing but pure hate sent my way afterwards. I should have taken a screenshot.

I guess the moral of the story is if you're queueing for many rounds of PvP, let other guildies know; it really made it a fun experience.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Drone posted:

The guild was on Deepwood when F2P started, the week after we transferred to Threesprings because transfers to Deepwood were locked. We've since transferred back to Deepwood as the consensus was that Threesprings sucked and transfers to Deepwood unlocked again.

Hope that helps. :words:

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Madcosby posted:

Petletnermete(sp?) in Whitehall Steppes.

Prelement; at least you had all the right letters!

And yeah, that was a hell of a good match, even though it's the low level brackets. When I saw that it had dropped to 3v6 I figured we were boned. Glad to see there are some people in guild who enjoy the warfronts, and it's especially pleasant to stick it to a full group of Seastone after having to listen to them blather in bg chat all night about "YOU PVE'RS RUIN WARFRONTS."

Serai
Dec 28, 2009

Saveron_01 posted:

Depending on what spec. Leveling up I have been using http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2012/11/25/storm-legion-cleric-leveling-guide-the-energizer/ (which was mentioned earlier in the thread), which pretty much handholds you from level 10 to 60.

At level 43 I constantly pull multiple mobs for the AoE, quickly getting through quests or clear as I farm nodes.

This. Energizer, duracell, whatever. It just works. I wouldn't use it for PvP though.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Madcosby posted:

Change the guild name to <Nomads>, where we transfer from shard to shard week after week, inflating auction houses and creating an eSilk Road.

Already on it :getin:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Serai posted:

This. Energizer, duracell, whatever. It just works. I wouldn't use it for PvP though.

I was impressed that it even works great at lower levels - my 18 Cleric hit 22 last night in less than 2 hours just blazing through things with this spec.

Hydrogenated
Apr 9, 2010
Could I get another invite for Hydroxius. I accepted the invite but for some reason the game decided to be a bastard.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Kreczor posted:

Good attempts on Crucia last night, we got to see phase 3 despite my horrible network. We'll down her for sure on monday.

Nice job guys! Sorry I had to bail right after Twins, but my brother got pulled into emergency surgery and asked me to go take care of his animals right before they put him under. I should be back on Monday (but possibly a little late again) for EE farm bosses or Crucia or whatever we end up doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

lsp posted:

I seem to have run into a bug,

Good news! I can replicate it!

(Hi Murven, nice flowers)

Get your target off my Akylios balloon, you've got your own!

• Locked thread