Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Gimnbo posted:

I'm actually kind of surprised to see such a low exclusivity for MK9, unless there's some weird overlap between MK players and Smash players.

There's this game called "Injustice" that's out, you might want to read up about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Gimnbo posted:

I'm actually kind of surprised to see such a low exclusivity for MK9, unless there's some weird overlap between MK players and Smash players.

I would guess it's because most of the MK9 players went over to Injustice, which is basically the new MK9 fighting engine.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

How I managed to miss that logical connection is beyond me.

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pockyless posted:

Here is a list of the number of people that signed up just for one game compared to the total number of entrants for that game. Lots of smash players!

code:
King of Fighters XIII 114/411 (28%)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 432/1240 (35%)
Super Smash Bros Melee 394/664 (59%)
Mortal Kombat 9 22/190 (12%)
Super Street Fighter IV 505/1506 (33%)
Injustice: Gods Among Us 69/557 (12%)
Persona 4 Arena 126/383 (33%)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 134/339 (40%)
Street Fighter X Tekken 36/522 (7%)

Interestingly, even though melee is the only event where the majority of players only came for one game, the majority (~53%) of players at evo have entered only event. Also there don't seem to be any players that entered all nine events and only three that entered eight events (all three entered everything except melee).

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Mio Bison posted:

He also gets a bye in the first round of Injustice and if I win my first game I get to play against him. Now, I'm motivated.

Sounds like we're in the same injustice pool

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Jmcrofts posted:

Sounds like we're in the same injustice pool

High-five Injustice buddy! See you in winner's finals after my day zero Sinestro terrorizes Forever King and coasts through the pool (I'm so screwed).

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

heiden posted:

I randomly came across someone in streamchat saying that Apologyman stopped playing seriously, any truth to that? I was really looking forward to him getting better at Firebrand since he seemed to be the only one that got his one-touch-kill down.
He's at the FGTV hosted tournament this week, so I'm guessing that the random stream dude is wrong also why are you reading stream chat

Also at the tournament this week: RayRay, Moons, Xian

http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive

edit: \/ Sanford said he's not going either.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Jul 3, 2013

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Dieminion announced on twitter he's not going to EVO "because of circumstances"

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Pockyless posted:

Here is a list of the number of people that signed up just for one game compared to the total number of entrants for that game. Lots of smash players!

code:
To me, the most surprising thing about this is that there are people who signed up only for SFxT.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Is Noel Brown going to evo?

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World

Woden posted:

Is Noel Brown going to evo?

Harsh, dude. Harsh.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Dieminion announced on twitter he's not going to EVO "because of circumstances"

Man, that sucks. I love watching him play. He's got the craziest Guile in town, plus that weird UMVC3 team.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Pockyless posted:

code:

How many of these dudes are international? And how many people itt are going/entering at Evo?

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

How many of these dudes are international? And how many people itt are going/entering at Evo?

There's about 500 international players out of 3400 or so folks signed up. Canada sent the most international players (165) followed by Japan (75) and Mexico (73). There are thirteen (or so) countries that only sent one player including Belgium, Russia, Malaysia, and The United Arab Emirates. Three players claim to hail from the Isle of Man, eight players claim to be from England, and one player claims to be from the UK.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
It makes sense that Smash has the most people that signed up just for that, it plays vastly different from everything else.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

The picture gets better everytime, I swear to god

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Orange Crush Rush posted:

It makes sense that Smash has the most people that signed up just for that, it plays vastly different from everything else.

I'm actually surprised the percentage isn't higher. Both communities benefit?

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

just a butt posted:

I'm actually surprised the percentage isn't higher. Both communities benefit?
A lot of ex-smash players are now AE and (mostly) Marvel players, and a lot of Smash players branch out (Progducto and D1, the commentary duo likely to commentate top 8 both play and enter other traditional fighting games even though they consider themselves smash players). As well as probably a small amount of people who entered smash as well just because they think it's a cool game they used to play in college with bros or something but actually care about another game.

Brett824 fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 3, 2013

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I think Chris G was originally a Smash player, for what it's worth. Lots of people stick only with Smash but I'm willing to bet that a lot of them are from the pre-SF4 era when there weren't any other fighting games coming out.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

canoshiz posted:

I think Chris G was originally a Smash player, for what it's worth. Lots of people stick only with Smash but I'm willing to bet that a lot of them are from the pre-SF4 era when there weren't any other fighting games coming out.

Also a lot of Melee players jumped ship when Brawl turned out to terrible for competitive play.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

drat, Chris G loses by a hair.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive - Champ vs Moons FT15 right now. RayRay beat Drew Grimey 15-10.

https://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby has the end of battle Circuit
https://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive has WNF

edit: Chris G doesn't win. Flux beats him in winners final, WhiteBlack (Vergil/Task/Wesker) from Europe beats him in losers final.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 4, 2013

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
I've been drinking, but I think Chris G got eliminated at Next Level.

E: Injustice and MVC3

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Nativity In Black posted:

He's out in Marvel and already got eliminated in Injustice. I think he's still in AE but that's not going to stream I hear he lost AE also.

graynull fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 4, 2013

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

This dude's Vergil is beyond on point

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Huh, never seen a Point Virgil before.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

graynull posted:

He's out in Marvel and already got eliminated in Injustice. I think he's still in AE but that's not going to stream.

Someone on the mic said Sanford won AE. Chris G is gonna have to get a job at this rate.

Also America is getting bodied ATM.

E: So many mic blowouts.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh my god, this point Vergil is hype as gently caress.

Their mic is losing its poo poo.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

I can't usually watch the end of NLBC because of work, but the holidays let me watch some hype poo poo.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Tae posted:

Huh, never seen a Point Virgil before.

Padtrick out of norcal runs a point Vergil and does same first char xfactor stuff a lot. He hasn't been active that much lately but I think he's going to evo.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Combofiend is over at the FGTV house now playing non-serious sets with Moons https://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The one time I don't bother watching Battle Circuit on purpose and Chris G loses? Who took him out? With what team? Was it close? Was he playing his real team?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
FGTV is doing a round robin tournament with Champ, Combofiend, Xian, Moons, RayRay, Drew Grimey, and CJ now.

ToastyPotato posted:

The one time I don't bother watching Battle Circuit on purpose and Chris G loses? Who took him out? With what team? Was it close? Was he playing his real team?
I missed winners final but it was 3-2 Flux (usual ZMC) and he finished with a perfect. WhiteBlack from France took Chris out 3-1 with Vergil/Task/Wesker vs Chris' Morrigan/Doom/Vergil. I think it was two convincing wins from WB, one from Chris, then a close one to finish. WB then won grand finals 3-0 3-2.

pyromance mentioned it but WB's main tactic was land a hit on Zero/Morrigan then X-Factor to kill, then mixup the incoming character for kill or big damage and deal with the third. The mixup I remember him using was Helm Breaker, teleport+Task assist.

bouncyman
Oct 27, 2009

iPodschun posted:

Combofiend is over at the FGTV house now playing non-serious sets with Moons https://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive

Man I miss watching Combo play...
they started a round robin tournament. Combo lost 2-0 to cj using she hulk spencer strange, beat neo 2-1 using team nemo, and is now tied 1-1 against grimey with team nemo

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Nativity In Black posted:

E: Injustice and MVC3

Clever man, letting his guard down before Evo.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Lord Chumley posted:

Clever man, letting his guard down before Evo.

It really didn't look like he threw. I would feel pretty confident in a runback going the same way, but WhiteBlack seemed to have more trouble with people that have "odd" teams.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Chacmool posted:

It really didn't look like he threw.

How many times did he roll his eyes and shake his head as he looked up when he lost? This is key to figuring it out.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Anyone got a timestamp/link for the set he got eliminated on?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

ToastyPotato posted:

Anyone got a timestamp/link for the set he got eliminated on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6-MRjBlqt0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Thanks for that. Huh, I wonder why more people don't use Point Virgil for that anti-Morrigan tech.