Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

Just bought the game and played about 45 minutes with a friend. I agree that it's a really solid foundation for what could be a great action RPG. The combat is satisfying and it's mostly clear what is going on, however I wish there were a little more feedback for when you take damage. The interface is pretty intuitive, but I would highly recommend that Wollay add customizable hotkeys for "potion"-type items. Hitting tab and the keys I use for movement in order to switch the item bound to Q is highly inconvenient, especially when you're using potions one minute and food the next.

Obviously, the indoors camera needs a lot of work.

babies havin rabies fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I'm guessing some goon will start a thread in Private Game Servers for Cube World, right?

It'll be nice if there are a few main servers to stop in on every so often like Minecraft (unless this works a little differently?).

Phreizr
Nov 1, 2012
Maybe it's because I went with a Scout, so I can just spam charge attacks for days, but the combat so far seems pretty fun and fast-paced and bosses aside nothing's taken me more than like 10 seconds of concentrated fire to kill.

I am looking forward to seeing more depth added to the combat and skill trees though.

Edit: I do have a question though. Has anyone figured out how to rotate the weapon model in the customization interface? Click and drag doesn't seem to work, and WASD just exits the window.

Phreizr fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 4, 2013

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
My game just crashes to desktop once I get to the main menu. I was able to play the game perfectly a half hour earlier.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I only found out about this game yesterday and want to throw money at it. Any ETA about when they're going reopen registration?

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

JazzFlight posted:

I'm guessing some goon will start a thread in Private Game Servers for Cube World, right?

It'll be nice if there are a few main servers to stop in on every so often like Minecraft (unless this works a little differently?).

Characters work more like Terraria where everything is saved to your computer and you log into servers using that character.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Metrohunter posted:

I only found out about this game yesterday and want to throw money at it. Any ETA about when they're going reopen registration?

This. All I want to do is give you my money, game!

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
So far my biggest complaint with the game is that Rangers are kind of ridiculously overpowered as the start. Boomerangs are just flat out ridiculous.

It's pretty obviously still an alpha but it does look like it has a lot of potential. The visible humidity and temperature stats also make me wonder if we'll see some weather related mechanics outside of the biome types.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 4, 2013

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So how/where do you get missions? I've been running around a town but can only find shops and such.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010

Reason posted:

So how/where do you get missions? I've been running around a town but can only find shops and such.

There are none yet as best as I can tell.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Reason posted:

Sometimes when you enter a named area a mission will pop up on the right hand side. So far it's only been "kill the boss" and I haven't been able to complete them yet because this game is hard.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
If you look at the Map by pressing M you'll see crossed daggers, that's where there are missions to kill something.

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

ComposerGuy posted:

This. All I want to do is give you my money, game!

The shop is open.. I bought it about a half hour ago.. ?

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

superv0zz posted:

Can't create new accounts. Says it's down for maintenance.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

superv0zz posted:

As mentioned, you can't create an account right now...which is required to buy the game.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
About 15 minutes ago the registration page loaded, but when I input information and clicked to create my account, it went to a 404 page. I figured it was in the final stages of being fixed and left to do some stuff, now I come back and it's back to the old 'down for maintenance' page again. :sigh:

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Trapped forever

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

So how do you make potions? I've got the flasks and the heart flower but have no idea how to A) Put water in the flask and B) Actually make the drat thing.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Go to a water source.
Hit C to open the crafting menu.
Go to the tab on the end.
Make water flasks out of empty flasks.
Go to the alchemy tab.
Make potions out of heart flowers and water flasks.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
So, what's the consensus? Worth it? I watched the Yogscast videos, and I'm intrigued.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Mage is reeeeeally good with bracelets. Enemies like to bunch up and both bracelet spells do an aoe.

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.

Do I need to really show you anything else to convince you?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Alright, just bought the game and I am itching to play with some goons! Anyone got a server set up for newbies?

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

sct posted:

Do I need to really show you anything else to convince you?

Sold, now the loving server needs to come up..

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

clonedrobojesus posted:

My game just crashes to desktop once I get to the main menu. I was able to play the game perfectly a half hour earlier.

Delete cursor.plx from the game folder and repatch. Fixed it for me earlier.

Sackmo
Oct 13, 2004
If anybody has trouble logging into the launcher, you might want to change your password on the Picroma site. Apparently the launcher doesn't like special characters, so I changed my to alphanumeric to get it to work.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
If someone else is struggling with no invert mouse I found a small program that does that for you http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Invert_Y-axis

edit: :D this doesn't actually invert the camera, it only inverts the little hand you use in the menus. Very strange.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 4, 2013

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Really digging the sprawling locations, not sure if I just got a good seed for that or not. I found some ruins which are just absolutely massive and stretch out across a forest, swamp and more forest with tons of buildings full of monsters. Battled through it with the help of some nice Dwarven adventurers I ran into.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
It feels like it takes too long to find anything worth killing. This game could really benefit from having levels applied to areas, perhaps in relation to villages. As it is most of my time is spent cutting down lower level monsters for 1xp and avoiding higher level monsters that will always win just to find a small pack of 1 - 4 yellow name monsters to kill for decent exp.

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.

Cerevisiae posted:

It feels like it takes too long to find anything worth killing. This game could really benefit from having levels applied to areas, perhaps in relation to villages. As it is most of my time is spent cutting down lower level monsters for 1xp and avoiding higher level monsters that will always win just to find a small pack of 1 - 4 yellow name monsters to kill for decent exp.

Do missions. Sure you may die a lot but there isn't really a penalty so it doesn't matter. It also helps you learn the combat mechanics.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

sct posted:

Do missions. Sure you may die a lot but there isn't really a penalty so it doesn't matter. It also helps you learn the combat mechanics.

Which missions? From the inn keepers? The one time I tried that they told us to kill some gnolls that were attacking the city but after wandering the city for half an hour we never found them. I guess it's time to start walking back toward town anyways. I'm quite a ways out now.

Smee
Sep 24, 2004
Stay the hell away from Wizards. A pack of blue (lowest level) Wizards will fry you to ashes in about 2-3 seconds.

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.

Cerevisiae posted:

Which missions? From the inn keepers? The one time I tried that they told us to kill some gnolls that were attacking the city but after wandering the city for half an hour we never found them. I guess it's time to start walking back toward town anyways. I'm quite a ways out now.

Missions are anything on the map with the crossed swords. (Zoom out and look for them)

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

sct posted:

Missions are anything on the map with the crossed swords. (Zoom out and look for them)

Alright. I passed by one that was blue difficulty recently so I could head back there once night is over. I'm really hoping I can get some sort of night vision later on because it's not very stealthy for a rogue to be walking around with a lantern out.

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.
You can talk to any inn keeper in town to make it day time. Beware though this will reset the missions available to you.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Is anyone else getting a weird keyboard input delay. I'll be going along and suddenly all the keyboard command aren't working, but i can like shoot and stuff. Then a few seconds later it will suddenly flash through all the keys i attempted before rapidly.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
Anyone have a server going that I can join?

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

I'm not doing something wrong, am I? It's said the registration server has been down for hours..

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!

sct posted:

You can talk to any inn keeper in town to make it day time. Beware though this will reset the missions available to you.

I like that I can sneak better at night, but I don't like that I can see nothing at all at night. Going into a castle to fight things took me circling the castle twice to find the gate and then having things just start hitting me while I couldn't see them (I was trying to sneak, hence no lantern). Just means I have to wait until daytime before I assault the castle again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Found a castle that is being absorbed into a mountain.

It's too high level for me but I shall return someday to plunder it.

• Locked thread