Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
gently caress me I'm getting twitchy about this. I KNOW they're coming, and I KNOW I have a slightly awkward order and am foreign, but damnit, I wants my bones aaaaarg.

*twitch*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Shipping notice! US, estimated delivery of the 10th.

quote:

You're getting:
IMEF Paint Set x1
Undead Giant x1
Red Dragon x1
Spider Centaurs x1
Deep Dwellers x1
Swamp Things x2
Owlbear x2
Kaladrax Reborn x1
C'thulhu x1
Starter Set 2 x1
We Be Goblins x1
Mythos Monsters x1
Dwarves x1
Starter Paint Set x1
BBEG x1
Frost Giants x1
Fire Giants x1
vampire x1

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Received my bones. All my non-vampire stuff appears to be in order, and so far two bags out of each vampire set are also in order. And all the paints are good.

I'm not sure anything can quite prepare you for unpacking this stuff. It's a lot of bags to open.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Argh, it seems I got bumped to the end of the queue because I wanted an extra Mr Bones. Oops :shobon: Still, I'm telling myself I have a few extra weeks of shipping anyway (what's the delay for EU shipping, BTW?).

VVV: This way when they inevitably melt in the courier van, you'll be able to separate them into their own misshapen blobs :v:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 4, 2013

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Man, did they really have to pack each vampire mini in its own bag?

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

berzerkmonkey posted:

EDIT: Is there supposed to be a body on the altar in the Dungeon Dressing set? My bag was opened, so I don't know if I was missing something, or if they did an alternate bare altar top.

If anyone really wants the victim for the altar, it's available for $0.95 on the reaper site. Pretty much any multi-part metal set they have, you can buy individual pieces.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I seem to be missing my Mr.Bones. I remember there were some problems with that one, is he getting mailed separately?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Got mine yesterday. I didn't realize how many would need assembly- is Gorilla Glue fine for that, or is there some particular glue I should be using?

Also a bit disappointed by the clockwork dragon, partly because the concept art looked cooler and partly because I can't get the drat thing to stand up. I don't know if I need to use the hot water trick to readjust the legs or put a base on it or what.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

moths posted:

I seem to be missing my Mr.Bones. I remember there were some problems with that one, is he getting mailed separately?

Mine was in a little brown box for whatever reason.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

moths posted:

My Mister Bones was taped to one of my bigger models. I expected him to be bagged with all the other ones.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Pierzak posted:

Argh, it seems I got bumped to the end of the queue because I wanted an extra Mr Bones. Oops :shobon: Still, I'm telling myself I have a few extra weeks of shipping anyway (what's the delay for EU shipping, BTW?).

VVV: This way when they inevitably melt in the courier van, you'll be able to separate them into their own misshapen blobs :v:

It also seems to only be US orders until the end now. I had way fewer lines than what's being sent out this week, and I haven't got an e-mail yet. But with "only" 5000 orders left they should be done in a week or two.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

lilljonas posted:

It also seems to only be US orders until the end now.
I remember Brazil as "last destination" a few days ago, so not really. Maybe they mostly had US backers?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

lilljonas posted:

It also seems to only be US orders until the end now.

It better loving not be, given that mine hasn't shipped yet.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

thespaceinvader posted:

Ditto. :ohdear:

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

thespaceinvader posted:

Word, there would be riots. Chubby, asthmatic riots.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Sefer posted:

Got mine yesterday. I didn't realize how many would need assembly- is Gorilla Glue fine for that, or is there some particular glue I should be using?

Epoxy is best for working with miniatures of any kind, but Gorilla Glue should work for Bones.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

moths posted:

Mine was taped to the receipt.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

gnome7 posted:

Epoxy is best for working with miniatures of any kind, but Gorilla Glue should work for Bones.

I would recommend against gorilla glue. It expands as it hardens, leaving you with big yellow gaps and ridges.
Your best bet is plain old superglue.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yup; any of the various formms of cyanoacrylate. A gel-consistency one is probably best for not-going-everywhere purposes. And it even doubles as a bandaid when you stab yourself with your hobby knife...

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
My Mr. Bones was just in the box like everything else.

Bionic Psyker
Apr 23, 2009

Manifest posted:

I would recommend against gorilla glue. It expands as it hardens, leaving you with big yellow gaps and ridges.
Your best bet is plain old superglue.

There is regular gorrila glue, which is orange and expands. Then there is gorilla super glue, which is clear, doesn't expand, and is the best superglue I've ever used for minis. I've had minis bounce off the floor and not lose pieces. I used it for all my Bones gluing and it worked great. It does have a slightly longer set time than some other glues I've used, but it's very strong.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Zap-a-gap medium is doing a great job for me, gluing bones to bones, bones to metal and bones to plastic.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

thespaceinvader posted:

I worded that completely wrong. I meant that they seem to have done a single day of non-US shipping last week, and then they saved (at least most) of the non-US orders for later. So we will be processed at the end.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
So, some folks have been experimenting with thinning with things other than water on their bones. They've reported success with airbrush thinner and isopropyl alcohol, so long as the bones were given a good wash first.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I was inundated with little plastic monsters this morning. I have yet to crack open and start inventorying the vampire set itself, just finished going through my extras. Two mistakes so far. One hilarious, the other I have a question about :

1) This guy (the sketch dude from the fire giant warriors in the pledge map) is missing his sword. Is it just one piece that mates into both those holes, are are there two pieces there? It was just the main body and his buttcape in the bag.

2) This cracked me up. My male ice giant shipped with two left fists and no head. I made do:

When I go to get this fixed, are they going to just send me the missing part, or a whole new bag? Because honestly, I sorta hope the latter, so that I can actually make FistFace the Frost Giant.

e: Finished taking inventory. There were precisely zero other errors. No missing minis, no missing parts, nothing wrong at all except those two giants. Extremely well done, Reaper. :golfclap:

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 5, 2013

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

After buying new paints to replace my old dried up ones, I realize that this kickstarter might have just been a trap.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

quote:

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Golems x1
Storm Giants x1
Hydra x1
Ebonwrath x1
Demons x1
There Be Dragons x2
Deathsleet x1
Forces of Nature x1
Frost Giants x1
Fire Giants x1
Mind your Manors x1
Griffon x2
Owlbear x2
Fire Giant Warriors x1
Undead Giant x2
Orcapocalypse x1
Undead Horde x1
Fighters x1
Dungeon Attack x1
vampire x1

:neckbeard:

Figured it'd be a bit longer yet, so I'm excited.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

:whatup:

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

shipped:

quote:

Kaladrax Reborn x1
Ebonwrath x1
There Be Dragons x1
Spider Centaurs x1
C'thulhu x1
Hydra x1
Frost Wyrm x1
Fire Giant Warriors x1
Red Dragon x1
Undead Giant x1
Forces of Nature x1
Mythos Monsters x2
Demons x1
Mind your Manors x2
Frost Giants x1
Fire Giants x1
vampire x2
I am intimidated by the task of painting Kal with nothing but brushes, but not ready to commit to an airbrush setup.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bionic Psyker posted:

There is regular gorrila glue, which is orange and expands. Then there is gorilla super glue, which is clear, doesn't expand, and is the best superglue I've ever used for minis. I've had minis bounce off the floor and not lose pieces. I used it for all my Bones gluing and it worked great. It does have a slightly longer set time than some other glues I've used, but it's very strong.

Yes, exactly this. [http://www.gorillatough.com/index.php?page=super-glue-guide]Gorilla Glue is a brand.[/url] Gorilla brand superglue is just cyanoacrylate glue; there are dozens of brands of this, of varying consistencies and speed-of-drying. Any will work; the exact consistency you want depends on whether you want to fill gaps or have ultrathin layers of glue, and the speed of drying depends on your preference.

Gorilla brand superglue apparently has some kind of rubber component that gives it a bit of toughness, so it's less brittle? I have no idea if/how that affects its strength of bond, or its thinness (e.g., can you mate two flat surfaces without creating a visible gap between them).

Gorilla now has both a superglue, and a superglue gel, so even just saying "gorilla glue superglue" is not sufficient to distinguish a single product.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 5, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Here, have this, a thing I've been thinking about since the moment I discovered some of these bones were going to be translucent:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Bad Munki posted:

Here, have this, a thing I've been thinking about since the moment I discovered some of these bones were going to be translucent:

Neat; now give it back!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Bad Munki posted:

:aaa: I've been angry because the tiny replacement batteries for my food thermometer only come in 9 packs. I am no longer angry.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The hard part is going to be cramming a battery and other bits into a standard base. Since a watch battery has a high enough internal resistance, all I really need is some sort of low-profile battery holder and that's it. I've found some that are basically no deeper than your typical base, but I've SEEN lower-profile. Anyhow, should be pretty sweet if I ever get it working and built the way I want. :)

Phase 1 complete, though: translucent minis look sweet when lit up from the inside.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Bad Munki posted:

The hard part is going to be cramming a battery and other bits into a standard base. Since a watch battery has a high enough internal resistance, all I really need is some sort of low-profile battery holder and that's it. I've found some that are basically no deeper than your typical base, but I've SEEN lower-profile. Anyhow, should be pretty sweet if I ever get it working and built the way I want. :)

Phase 1 complete, though: translucent minis look sweet when lit up from the inside.

Quick search on Adafruit and Sparkfun yielded this. I'm not sure it's going to be possible to get much smaller than this with a coin cell battery. :D

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

Please tell me that's an actual Bones mini. It looks awesome. White or yellow LED?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, it's the orange ball of fire that comes in the vampire set. Regular old amber led inside. :)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I just started using the boiling water technique to straighten out my bones. It works surprisingly well.

Dipping a mini into boiling water for 25 seconds usually takes it back to it's intended shape on it's own. it becomes super rubbery and easy to move into a new shape if you want. Then dipping it into ice water sets it back into the new shape.

I set up a little assembly line in my kitchen and I've done about 30 figs in an hour or so.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

So, what game do we play with all of these? It wouldn't be hard to stat em up in Song of Blades and Heroes, but are there any other skirmish games that can work with this kinda variety?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TheLawinator posted:

So, what game do we play with all of these? It wouldn't be hard to stat em up in Song of Blades and Heroes, but are there any other skirmish games that can work with this kinda variety?

D&D

• Locked thread