Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yeah, GameGuard is the worst. Although I discovered, at least with my G13 and G600 mouse, that they will work if I stick to the default profile. So I just configured the default to PSO2 :v: I find the mouse + G13 is much easier to Ranger with than the 360 controller, so I actually enjoy playing my Ranger now :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
So, given that more of us are becoming higher levelled, doing VH tacos and the like, therefore there's going to be more abductions and cloning. Since I find this sort of thing interesting, I setup a form/spreadsheet for people who run into any goon clones.

Form
Responses

There's only test-data in it so far, but..yeah.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I will be doing the AC run this weekend. Once again, the rates are:
2000 AC = 23 USD
3000 AC = 34 USD
5000 AC = 55 USD
10000 AC = 110 USD

Sega gives you bonus AC if you buy in bulk, so for 5000 yen you'd actually get 5150 AC, and for 10000 yen you'd get 10300 AC. No bonuses for smaller amounts.

My paypal is accounts (-at-) gaieios (-dot) com.

Please include the following in your message when sending money through Paypal:
- Your SA username (so I can PM you the code)
- Your email address (if you do not have PMs I will email you the code)

If you don't tell me how to contact you I cannot send you your code.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Since bonus week is coming up, I figured I'd do a quick guide to help people maximize their results from grinding and affixing.

Grinding Basics: the failure rate increases dramatically with rarity and current grind level, so using risk reducers will help you to avoid blowing through all of your cash and grinders. There are two types that are tradeable, 強化リスク軽減(+1) and 強化リスク軽減(完全). The +1 type means that -1 risk failures will never reduce your grind level, and -2 risk failures will reduce it by a maximum of -1, but at least 50% of failures will not lose a grind level. 完全 provides complete protection from risk. Generally speaking, it becomes economical to use +1 risk reducers at +7 grind, and full risk reducers should only be used on 10 star weapons at +8 or greater. They may seem expensive, but in the long run, it will save you both cash and grinders, not to mention frustration.

Affix Basics: success rate depends on the affixes you are attempting to add and the number of affixes the item already has. Combing two or three of the same affix to add that affix to a piece of equipment has a greatly increased chance of success. Combining two or three of the same affix to increase the affix level has a greatly reduced chance of success. Using an additional slot to increase the total number of affixes will significantly decrease the chance of success for adding all affixes, and also decreases with the total number of affixes. Certain boss souls increase the chance of success for adding specific affixes. The list is too long to go into here, but the most important ones are Quartz Soul for S-ATK and Mizer Soul for R-ATK. 能力追加成功率 items can be used to increase the success chance for all affixes by its listed percentage, but these are generally too expensive to be worthwhile, unless you're trying for 3 or more affixes on a 10 star weapon. You can get 10% ones by successfully grinding a weapon to +10.

If you plan on upgrading a lot of pricey weapons next week, buy the upgrade items now, since once people get started pimping out all their endgame gear, supply will crash and prices will skyrocket. You may also want to grab items with ATK 3 affixes or boss souls, since those will become scarce as well.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Also if you're finding yourself failing at the same grind number over and over again , like you cant get past +4 or +5 no matter how many tries, leave and go do some missions or something, and let the random number generator shuffle around to a number higher in your favor.

and as said for affixes, the items you're using for affix fodder must have the same amount of affixes as whatever you're putting on. So like if you got a sword with power I and body I and you want Vol soul on it, you'll need trash weapons that have vol soul and exactly one other affix.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jul 4, 2013

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Listen to this Phantasy Star related video for good luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TllBhOLT3bc

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Handgun Harlot posted:

Why would you do this to me.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

kirbysuperstar posted:

Why would you do this to me.

It turns out that phantasy star fans can be almost as bad as megaten fans and pokemon fans.

Still not as bad Sonic fans, though.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Handgun Harlot posted:

For the first 20 seconds I was like I don't see what's so OH GOD CAN'T STOP LAUGHING

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So the matter board, do I get anything good for completing them? Am I wasting my time?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

waah posted:

So the matter board, do I get anything good for completing them? Am I wasting my time?

decent equipment for leveling up/affixing with, and there's some good drops in the later ones, including an all class wirelance 10* and 10* gunslash, and a pair of all class knuckles. nothing absolutely vital however.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010
I wound up stopping with the matter board when I got to hard CBB, because I was getting better upgrades, and better XP.

Maybe I'll work on the matter board to level my subclass, since I'm still on matter board 2 (and I'm currently 47/25).

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ttocs7 posted:

I wound up stopping with the matter board when I got to hard CBB, because I was getting better upgrades, and better XP.

Maybe I'll work on the matter board to level my subclass, since I'm still on matter board 2 (and I'm currently 47/25).

So just running CBB is more efficient than doing normal matter board/COs? I've not really bothered, but I did notice today that the BR stage gives a shitload of experience for a run. If that's true about CBB, then I might spend some time tonight grinding it to finally get my Ranger to 30.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Somtimes, you do want to do matter board stuff due to the campaigns that surround it.

Currently there's a campaign for completing MB10 with milestones at 3 and 6. It'll probably be over when Episode 2 comes out since the matterboard is how you unlock the story.

For grinding, best way to do low level grinding right now is through Border Break with CO fodder inbetween or the Burning Rangers event EQ. For higher level stuff (45+), you'll want to grind via BB, AQs, Falz, or if you're bored enough XQs if you're 55+.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Leveling speed drops off around 46, but picks up again at 52, since that's when you start getting full XP for level 56 dudes in AQs. When you hit 56, you get full XP for Super Falz Arms runs, and on an XP boost day with a 75% ticket, you can pull 40K+ per run. That's also around the point where it becomes more efficient to clear out the trash in the BR EQ than complete the trials right away. I've been blowing through 50-60 of Ranger at an absurd rate, I've gone from 50 to 58 in about a week and a half.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Well that's rather depressing. Looking up boss fight videos with different classes, and when I looked up Techer, I got a video of a Techer fighting Fang Banther/Banshee except they spent the whole time using a Dual Saber with Deadly Archer.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Miijhal posted:

Well that's rather depressing. Looking up boss fight videos with different classes, and when I looked up Techer, I got a video of a Techer fighting Fang Banther/Banshee except they spent the whole time using a Dual Saber with Deadly Archer.

You won't find any Techer videos because literally almost every Techer plays them as a FO. Which is poo poo because I find wands and their gear fantastic.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Wands are great and easily the most engaging casting weapon, but wandbonking bosses is hardly a viable strategy.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I don't have a magical fairy, someone fill me in on what's so bad about sprinkling pixie dust everywhere?

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Wands have awful S-ATK and mediocre T-ATK, make casting take longer than rods, and the gear for it is nonsensical. It's a decent melee attack that you charge by... charging spells, something that's stupid to do in melee and takes a lot of time.

Also their skill tree is terrible and only Dark spells aren't completely overtaken by Fire and Lightning spells. Anything that's weak to Light and Wind is also weak to the stronger, faster, and easier to build for Fire or Lightning spells too.

Techers are a great idea completely hosed by Sega's refusal to even consider whether something is remotely balanced when they haphazardly slap it into the game.

Edit: Yeah, I haven't played Techer yet, and I misremembered some things about it.

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 5, 2013

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

^A person who has never taken a wand and used wand gear into battle.

Also, I keep on hearing that people say that Wands have a longer cast time than rods which is complete bullshit. They're pretty much the same and I want video proof that they're different.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

InfinityComplex posted:

^A person who has never taken a wand and used wand gear into battle.

Also, I keep on hearing that people say that Wands have a longer cast time than rods which is complete bullshit. They're pretty much the same and I want video proof that they're different.

Perhaps they were talking about left click swing speed? Rods do swing faster than wands.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Surprise Noodle posted:

Wands are great and easily the most engaging casting weapon, but wandbonking bosses is hardly a viable strategy.

I think the just attack timing on wands has a longer delay after casting a tech, but its not much difference.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Compared to rods and talis, wands have a slightly longer time between casting and the opportunity for the next Just Attack. We're talking milliseconds.
Unless you're a min-maxer, this is a completely insignificant thing that you will probably never even notice.

But yeah, Techer is not a very good class. It is, however, way more fun than Force, which is super-boring. The biggest issue I have currently is that TE has no choice but to sub FO, as every single PP regen skill is worthless without PP Charge Revival.

e: vvvvvv - Sure, you can, but you'll run out of PP after casting 3 techs. Real fun. Maybe it's not so bad most of the time, but during boss fights or PSE bursts? No thanks.

Surprise Noodle fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 5, 2013

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Fun fact: If you're not subclassing FO and all of their tech damage modifiers, you can subclass FI and boost all of your attacks with stances. Alternatively you can use HU and tank through everything or (not really sure on this, still investigating) have your melee and gear be affected by Fury Stance.

Alter-alternatively, you can be wierd like me and subclass RA for WB and Killing Field/Bonus shenanigans.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 5, 2013

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah if they would just give Techer it's own (redundant) PP Charge Revival skill, it could totally stand on it's own without needing the FO crutch.
I mean, poo poo, Sega has no qualms over giving everyone redundant Just Reversals.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I had tons of fun playing Te/Fi

use lots of close-range Techs like Safoie to charge the wand gear, then when you run out of PP you just smack the poo poo out of things until you forget your PP is already full.

if anything, I miss Bolt PP Save on Te/Fi more than PP Charge Revival. I only run out of PP when I am long-range nuking things I really don't want to get close to; like Wolgas and Hunars. I still have PP convert and Mags for those situations so I only have to wait like a second for my PP to refill. Lightning Techs without Bolt PP Save are so expensive I almost want to consider picking up an lightning Lambda Hellfret and put shock on it instead and then I remember they are at least 3 million

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 5, 2013

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
You're probably better off changing a Fossil Victor to lightning with one of those element-change support items, honestly. v:v:v

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

the only reason I miss bolt pp save is because of zondeel, and even then if i pull in at least 3 things all my pp is instantly restored after a wand smack or two.

anyone who says techer is inferior just hasnt tried combining zondeel with territory burst,which makes it possible to sometimes pull entire mob spawns together and kill them all at once. Te/Fi just inflicts status on enemies, then uses chase advance/stances with maxed wand gear to smack the poo poo out of them. If anything looks at you funny, use mirage dance and its absurd amount of invuln frames to almost never get hit.

also all the top wands look cooler then those ugly rods.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Te/Fi is a pretty significant time investment, so it's kind of a bummer if you want a more melee-focused hybrid. An interesting quirk of Wand Gear is that while the damage from the tech burst is based on your T-ATK, it's treated as an S-ATK, and damage calculation is based on 80% as weapon damage and 20% as elemental damage, so the elemental attribute on the weapon contributes less damage than on other weapon types, but you will do significantly more damage against the appropriate elemental weakness because of the flat 20% of total damage being treated as elemental damage. Additionally, since it is treated as an S-ATK, it does not gain the bonus damage from skills that affect techs, but does get the bonus from skills that affect melee attacks including Hunter's Fury Stance.

Itemization seems to assume that people will build them as Hu hybrids(Fal Claw, Cote Edge D, Madam's Umbrella, various latents on wands etc.), but Chase Advance 10 gives a 1.4 damage multiplier against enemies with status effects, so Fi will edge them out in raw damage output purely by virtue of PAs like Deadly Archer if you can reliably stick status effects (you can). Hu tank skills are garbage (except Iron Will, flat 70% chance to not die at 10) because of the way damage calculations work, and there's no real need for a dedicated tank in this game anyway, so Te/Hu or Hu/Te is generally going to be less powerful than Te/Fi or Fi/Te since Fighter stances will also boost tech damage. Ra/Hu owns bones as does double stance Hu/Fi and Fi/Hu, though, so fair enough.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

So just running CBB is more efficient than doing normal matter board/COs? I've not really bothered, but I did notice today that the BR stage gives a shitload of experience for a run. If that's true about CBB, then I might spend some time tonight grinding it to finally get my Ranger to 30.

I pretty much shifted gears to running CBB until I finished my dailies (which was 2-3 runs), then just running whatever normal quests to unlock further quests/Koffie COs.

If you're in a full 12/12 group (and even better if you're in a full party), you'll probably get a level out of just the runs themselves, and then another level from turning the COs in. You get full CO credit around level 20 or so.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

As a gunner/ranger, what am I looking for on my Vardha set besides R-ATK? Am I looking for more HP or more PP?

An increase to your PP maximum somehow doesn't feel very useful to me because how often in a fight are you actually at the maximum?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

More pp is good if you're maxing weak bullet, as it'll give you enough to use one more PA beteween shooting your bullets, otherwise more hp to stay alive always helps.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Kessel posted:

As a gunner/ranger, what am I looking for on my Vardha set besides R-ATK? Am I looking for more HP or more PP?

An increase to your PP maximum somehow doesn't feel very useful to me because how often in a fight are you actually at the maximum?

In group situations, you'll find yourself using your rifle with wb loaded vs many bosses. Being able to consecutively homing emission what you've wb'd is vital. Since you cannot regen PP via left click while wb is loaded(without wasting wb), you will rely on the large PP pool. Also, your party members will thank you for the wb (makes them feel strong) and makes the boss easier since broken parts = boss stuns.

Observe this guy vs bosses half way (vol) and at the end(caters and quartz) of Sanct TA. He also makes use of the PP Mag device trick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG2N2336cg4

Aenslaed fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 5, 2013

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

^^^^ Just to explain what's going on with the Homing Emission trick: the number of shots fired by Homing Emission in based on how many parts have a lock on reticule when it's fired, but they all originate from a single point, and have to actually travel to the intended target, so if you're right up on top of a WB'd weakpoint when you fire it, all of them will hit that spot instead. You can see that guy going into 3PS mode and quickly sweeping his view across the boss to max out the number of lock-ons, then releasing at point blank. Pretty dangerous if you don't quite have the firepower to pull it off, though.

You could always just split the difference and throw Fang Souls on there for 10 HP and 2 PP. For me, the main considerations are availability and combine chances. Fang Souls are easier to come by, no question, but Mizer Souls increase the combine chance for Shoot by 20%. Lancer Souls give 20 HP, but since they drop off a mini-boss, they're harder to come by, and they don't increase combine chance for anything. Overall, Fang Souls are probably going to be the best option if you're farming up the components yourself, whereas Mizer Souls mean you'll end up having to buy less Shoot 3 units thanks to the big boost to combine chance if you're getting the components off My Shop.

Protocol 5 fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 6, 2013

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
After more than 90 hours of playing, I finally got a rare weapon drop for my class (gunner). Went to the tekker and, of course, the TMG requires a whopping FOUR more R-ATK than the gun I've been using for the past ~10 levels, meaning there really isn't any point in grinding the item because I'll have spent almost 100k to do approximately 10 more damage. I'm a level 37 gunner with a level 32 ranger subclass. I've hit a wall where I'm finding it extraordinarily difficult to get decent body units or weapons. Since I can't buy 10*+ weapons, I'm limited to 9* or below and the guns on the market are obscenely expensive. My R-ATK is about 555 and I currently have this equipped, although it has been grinded (ground?) to +9. If I'm understanding the wiki correctly, this is the only decent gun I can buy without a 10* item pass.

Armor is a completely different story. The 9* items that require dexterity are going for over 1M meseta each. Am I missing something completely obvious? I had no issues with either weapons or armor up until this point.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Bloodplay it again posted:

If I'm understanding the wiki correctly, this is the only decent gun I can buy without a 10* item pass.

Armor is a completely different story. The 9* items that require dexterity are going for over 1M meseta each. Am I missing something completely obvious? I had no issues with either weapons or armor up until this point.

The best Twin Mechs pre 10* are the Lambda Rads ラムダラディエグル. The awesome thing about these twin mechs is that they have a weapon potential on them (Immediate Strike) which increase damage by up to 5% when you successfully Just Attack (red circle thing) an attack or Photon Art. A lot of people will take that Lambda Rad, element grind it to 50 (I recommend starting with a Lightning Element Rad) and then triple potential it. The resulting weapon will be approx 5mil(a bargain) in cost to make and better than any Pyroxene 10* TM with equal grind/affixes(cheaper too). The same applies to Lambda Failnaught (double saber) and Lambda Jerid (gunslash).

If you are talking about Dark Luxe units, they should be going for 100-200k per piece. I'm not sure which units you are refering to that are 1M ea that are worth using.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

He's probably talking about the Minst series, those are much more rare.

The low HP on Black Luxe seems scary, but as long as you're not spending a lot of time in close range, it's not really a factor. Obviously not recommended for melee dudes, but you don't need the extra PP anyway.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Aenslaed posted:

The resulting weapon will be approx 5mil(a bargain) in cost to make and better than any Pyroxene 10* TM with equal grind/affixes(cheaper too). The same applies to Lambda Failnaught (double saber) and Lambda Jerid (gunslash).
Technically you'll likely get more out of 50 elementing a Sulkrai or a Friedmalinka

50 elementing those amounts to about 1300 attack, ignoring elemental weakness. I'm not sure how a straight damage multiplier of the Lambda Radiegle's potential factors in, but those only reach 1100 attack at 50 element.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Aenslaed posted:

The best Twin Mechs pre 10* are the Lambda Rads ラムダラディエグル. The awesome thing about these twin mechs is that they have a weapon potential on them (Immediate Strike) which increase damage by up to 5% when you successfully Just Attack (red circle thing) an attack or Photon Art. A lot of people will take that Lambda Rad, element grind it to 50 (I recommend starting with a Lightning Element Rad) and then triple potential it. The resulting weapon will be approx 5mil(a bargain) in cost to make and better than any Pyroxene 10* TM with equal grind/affixes(cheaper too). The same applies to Lambda Failnaught (double saber) and Lambda Jerid (gunslash).

If you are talking about Dark Luxe units, they should be going for 100-200k per piece. I'm not sure which units you are refering to that are 1M ea that are worth using.

I'll take a look and see if I can grab that gun once my R-ATK reaches 578. Shouldn't take too long because my MAG is almost pure R-ATK (I think I have 81-82 points in R-ATK and only 6 in dexterity) and I'm also putting points into R-ATK Boost 2. Should be able to use it by level 40. Hopefully meseta starts dropping in larger quantities once I hit VH because 5 million meseta, at my current rate, would probably take another 30 hours of urban grinding.

Yeah, I was referring to the Luxe units, but I think I was confusing the price with the minced units. Maybe I should look into something that requires S/R/T-def instead of dexterity. With the exception of my rear unit, I'm using ridiculously underpowered units.

MR. J posted:

Technically you'll likely get more out of 50 elementing a Sulkrai or a Friedmalinka

50 elementing those amounts to about 1300 attack, ignoring elemental weakness. I'm not sure how a straight damage multiplier of the Lambda Radiegle's potential factors in, but those only reach 1100 attack at 50 element.

Those are both 10* items, though. Unless I'm misunderstanding, I can only buy those from the shop with a 10* pass. At least by grinding the 9*, I can just buy cheapies from the shops. I can't even imagine how long it would take me to farm either of those guns.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 6, 2013

• Locked thread