Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

maketakunai posted:

Yeah, the city's named after the land, so in "Lands of Blah" it'd be "Blah City" or whatever. And as far as I know, merchants' inventories don't change - their inventories are fixed based on the seed.

OK cool, thanks. Man I'm sure it must have taken me almost 2 hours to walk from one city to the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Ok, so I was just on a server with people, and i lagged out, and now i can't join any server, or even my own server on localhost. Does anyone know why, or how to fix it?

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

maketakunai posted:

If anyone has a seed with a Cinnamon Roll in the first town shop, lemme know please. I need a turtle tank for my squishy rogue rear end.

Also, has anyone figured out how to use Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire nuggets yet?

They are used to make higher grade gear. So green tier is made using the base material plus emerald. Blue is sapphire so on and so forth.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

gatesealer posted:

They are used to make higher grade gear. So green tier is made using the base material plus emerald. Blue is sapphire so on and so forth.
...poo poo, they require the buyable/findable recipes, huh.

im a girl btw posted:

OK cool, thanks. Man I'm sure it must have taken me almost 2 hours to walk from one city to the next.
Yeah, that sounds about right :suicide:

It probably gets better once you get riding and hang-gliding and sailing, but I'm busy pumping the hell out of Rogue's third skill so that maybe one day the Assassin's In-combat Stealth can have a 100% uptime :sun:

As a Ninja I'm using Jump+3 (Backflip Shurikens) and then turning around and using 1 (Dash) in midair to move around quicker.

maketakunai fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 5, 2013

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

As adorable as riding my Lemonbeetle may be, it seems like a waste unless you dump a poo poo ton of skill points into riding. 1 point isn't noticeably faster than walking normally. Not sure I really care for the idea of giving up combat effectiveness so I can climb faster or whatever.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 5, 2013

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
It really is worth it, being able to coast around on my beetle is way better than walking. You save tons of time. Early on putting points into travel skills seems too costly but in later levels you can always afford to throw 7-8 points into a travel skill.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How much is this game? I'd just look for myself, but I thought I saw it posted earlier and I can't find that post in the last few pages and I can't access the store without registering and registration is currently down.

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How much is this game? I'd just look for myself, but I thought I saw it posted earlier and I can't find that post in the last few pages and I can't access the store without registering and registration is currently down.

15 Euro

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Man, the "new user experience" is pretty confusing. How's a ranger supposed to level in decent time, anyway?

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.

Heran Bago posted:

Threw it back up but this is gettin' silly. Try Gerdalti's riaa.servebeer.com / 96.244.51.153

They probably already know about it but I'll be a good tester and report it... When the site's bug reporting comes back online.

Is this server not up or is something wrong on my end? I was on like an hour ago...

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
How long have the account registration servers (or module) been down? This game is giving me a crpg hardon and I would like to play it ASAP.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

PerrineClostermann posted:

Man, the "new user experience" is pretty confusing. How's a ranger supposed to level in decent time, anyway?
Pop on a server with multiple people. go kill a boss, get three or four levels for the effort.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Asimo posted:

Pop on a server with multiple people. go kill a boss, get three or four levels for the effort.

I was on one until it crashed and didn't come back up. Everyone was a million miles away. I can't find one up anymore.

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.

PerrineClostermann posted:

I was on one until it crashed and didn't come back up. Everyone was a million miles away. I can't find one up anymore.

Ok at least I'm not the only one :ohdear:

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

So I started hang gliding around and was loving the everloving poo poo out of it when I saw a river I wanted to get across. I was like 'gently caress you river' and strapped on my hanglider to go all of twenty feet. Halfway across green lasers hit me and I disintegrate in seconds.

Fuckin' wizards were swimming in the water.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
I was playing fine this morning, now when I launch the game the blue Main Menu comes up for about 3 seconds and then just closes. No errors, no messages, just poofs. Anyone seen this and/or know why it's doing it?

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

wylker posted:

I was playing fine this morning, now when I launch the game the blue Main Menu comes up for about 3 seconds and then just closes. No errors, no messages, just poofs. Anyone seen this and/or know why it's doing it?

Had this issue, go to the cube world installation folder, find cursor.plx and delete it. Next time you log in the game will recheck its files and that should fix it for you.

Hoping Wolfram pushes a bug fix for the server crashing issues within the week, this game is so goddamn addicting yet there is almost nothing to it.

Also, today I tamed a duck-billed platypus. I don't know which is a better mount, that or the lemonbeetle.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 5, 2013

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.

Enzer posted:

Had this issue, go to the cube world installation folder, find cursor.plx and delete it. Next time you log in the game will recheck its files and that should fix it for you.

Hoping Wolfram pushes a bug fix for the server crashing issues within the week, this game is so goddamn addicting yet their is almost nothing to it.

Also, today I tamed a duck-billed platypus. I don't know which is a better mount, that or the lemonbeetle.

Thanks for the help!

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010
Anyone else having a weird delay with your keyboard and mouse?

Also I just tried to go full screen and now my resolution is hosed up and all I can see is a tiny bit of the screen so I cant access the windowed mode, or anything but the 'start game' button.

The Slippery Nipple fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jul 5, 2013

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

People were on my server for hours without it crashing, wow!

Back up of course. e: x2

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jul 5, 2013

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

You really want a boat to go to the ocean.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

People were on my server for hours withotu it crashing, wow!

Back up of course.

We were in a higher level area pointlessly fighting a boss when it crashed, so it dropped into single player and I was instantly violated by several minotaurs. :smith:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Orv posted:

We were in a higher level area pointlessly fighting a boss when it crashed, so it dropped into single player and I was instantly violated by several minotaurs. :smith:

Looks like that's what happens now haha

e: it keeps happening

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 5, 2013

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

I am having a very hard time finding any silver or gold. I like being a bracelet mage, but i need this stuff to make better weapons.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

gatesealer posted:

I am having a very hard time finding any silver or gold. I like being a bracelet mage, but i need this stuff to make better weapons.

I know the feeling. If I could get 16 silver I could make some sweet bracelets but this staff I got off a boss is so drat good. But I hate the staff spells, they are annoying to position.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

The Slippery Nipple posted:

Anyone else having a weird delay with your keyboard and mouse?

Also I just tried to go full screen and now my resolution is hosed up and all I can see is a tiny bit of the screen so I cant access the windowed mode, or anything but the 'start game' button.

Yeah, I am with the keyboard in particular.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Apparently I can't make an account to buy this game right now. Welp.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

gatesealer posted:

I've found that the deeper a cave is, the higher the chance you will find stuff besides iron. That said, loving emeralds are way more common than silver and gold.

Has anyone seen any other gems besides emeralds? I've only recently found a ring formula that uses them.

Game needs an option to destroy an item you've upgraded and have a chance of getting like, 30-40% of the materials spent upgrading back.

Speaking of upgrading weapons, has anyone been able to apply water or fire spirit cubes to items? Or are those not for modifying a weapon but a crafting ingredient? Almost starting to think that it isn't fully implemented there yet.

nucleicmaxid posted:

Apparently I can't make an account to buy this game right now. Welp.

According to Wolfram's twitter, every time they open up registration, the traffic they get registers as a DDOS attack. This is after they've upgraded to Amazon S3 servers. Not sure what else they can do outside of having registration mirrors or something. They've also been spending the past few days doing nothing but customer support for issues caused by all the traffic.

Game is crazy popular.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 5, 2013

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Is there a point to blowing up rocks with bombs? Is there stuff inside of them?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

tooooooo bad posted:

Is there a point to blowing up rocks with bombs? Is there stuff inside of them?

I have found ore in them, rarely. There are also some dungeon walls you can blow up to find secret areas but I can't figure out how you tell what walls are breakable except through trial and error.

Bone
Feb 15, 2007

We're boned.

Heran Bago posted:

Server 107.3.151.128 is back up for now. Does anyone know a way to make windows re-launch Server.exe when it notices it has stopped responding?

Or does anyone not have their server crash? How's the hamachi one going?

107.3.151.128 is up now, join us!

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think there could stand to be less health pots within the ranks of the common mooks. Fighting a group of six or seven orcs as a bracelet mage when suddenly four of them drop out of range because you're blocked by others and they come back in at full health is just tiresome.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Can you remove blocks from a customized weapon?

I came here to ask this. Anyone know?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Orv posted:

I think there could stand to be less health pots within the ranks of the common mooks. Fighting a group of six or seven orcs as a bracelet mage when suddenly four of them drop out of range because you're blocked by others and they come back in at full health is just tiresome.

Stun em!

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:
So I'm assuming you can't register to get the game anymore, currently? :qq: Or just randomly get lucky while mashing f5 on the page?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Can't when they're healing behind a screen of warriors.

E: :stare: Water mage

Orv fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 5, 2013

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Orv posted:

Can't when they're healing behind a screen of warriors.

E: :stare: Water mage

Yes, water mage is the answer to most things. Honestly, all the other classes need to be brought up to the level of Water Mage and (from what I hear) the Ninja. I did think at one point that the water mage might need to be nerfed, but as I got deeper into tougher enemies (hello orange/red+3 class mobs, goddamn), I realized that the water mage is more or less balanced to make the tough enemies the game tends to throw at you fun to fight. Other classes need major improvements to match, lowering the water mage to their levels instead would be goddamn horrible.

Also, I really wished that there was some kind of cycling lock on option for the water mage's healing stream ability. When you get a suggested party of four and everyone's got pets, not only is it incredibly hard to keep track of player health, but aiming the spell at a player is goddamn ridiculous.

For those who have not played the class, the healing stream ability eats a ton of your mana, and then gives a large healing surge, it acts a lot like drinking a potion (healing over 200 hp if you get it ASAP and improves as you level) but you are not interrupted from attacking when you are healing, unlike with the potion chugging animation. Now, if you are not targeting anything, you heal yourself, but if you are pointed at an ally, you heal that ally. This becomes a nightmare with the fact that there is a short charge up time for this spell (during which your mana bar drains) before the healing starts. While the spell is charging the targeted ally gets this blue particle affect on them, and as long as they get marked with that particle affect, they will get the benefit of the spell.

The problem comes in the fact that while that spell is charging, if anyone else walks in front of your cross-hair, be it player or pet, they become the target of the spell instead and the particle effect moves to them. So what ends up happening is that you are trying to target a player fleeing for their lives with low health and right after you finally get them targeted for the spell, someones loving cat steps in the way and gets the heal instead. And since the spell drains the majority of your mana (improving the spell with skill points lowers the mana cost, I think 3 levels makes it cost 70mp), you are having to wait before you can get the spell off again. This also takes mana away from you being able to use the RMB water mage spell which is great for stunning mobs.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 5, 2013

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Death Himself posted:

You really want a boat to go to the ocean.

Poppycock. Just ride a Collie all the way across it like I did

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
This game really shines once you get a group together. My roommates recorded our first encounter with a Saurian and the resulting idiocy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQPaqyOoDrc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
You know, I raided in MMOs in an era where you were having a good night if it took you 45 minutes to clear the loving trash, ignoring the tries and failures on the bosses entirely. I even recall making some off-hand statement one night about the trash in Molten Core being the definition of tedium. Cube World has taught me that I should have kept my loving mouth shut and enjoyed my goddamn lava giants. 35 minutes to kill one mob for 33xp.

• Locked thread