Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
This private eye sees through Batman.

Legends of the Dark Knight #13 (comiXology) or #5 (in print)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm pretty sure that's why Dick wears the costume, anyway.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

Prison Warden posted:

I'm pretty sure that's why Dick wears the costume, anyway.

Well yeah, I mean look at this.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

It's still about fear I mean would you want to fight anybody crazy enough to wear that in public? I didn't think so.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
Fist fight or Disco fight?

No, you're right it wouldn't matter.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

There had to have been a Nightwing/Dazzler Marvel/DC crossover at some point right?

ghosthorse fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jul 5, 2013

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Is the whole "flash man is bald and jealous" thing something established?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I can't help but hear airplane engine noises.

BBBBBBRRRBRBRBBRBBRLLLRBRBLRBLRLBLLRBLLBRRRRRRRRMMMMMM

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Someone actually acknowledged that Magic Man, exists. This crossover is amazing.

Hell, Buster Rod G was on that page.

And he only appeared in Megaman the Wily Wars on Sega Genesis. At least Magic Man was on a decently popular game.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

RaspberryCommie posted:

Hell, Buster Rod G was on that page.

And he only appeared in Megaman the Wily Wars on Sega Genesis. At least Magic Man was on a decently popular game.

Wasn't there an issue that referenced the non-canon, Japan only Wonderswan game with the duplicate of Quint as the final boss.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Choco1980 posted:

Is the whole "flash man is bald and jealous" thing something established?

Like a lot of things in the Mega Man comic, it's a running gag in the fan community that they made canon in the comic.

Also it's weirding me the gently caress out to see a bunch of people act like the Sonic comic is good and has been good for extended periods of time. Have you people never read it before last year or something?

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

SilverSupernova posted:

Wasn't there an issue that referenced the non-canon, Japan only Wonderswan game with the duplicate of Quint as the final boss.

I dunno, I haven't read the comic. I was just pointing out in that one panel that was posted.

Then again, the only Robot Master I remember from that awful game is Air Conditioner Man.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I think it's time for some more Mark Gruenwald era goodness.

Now don't get me wrong. Mark wrote some excellent thought provoking comics. The man was capable of advancing stories. He could (and in fact) regularly had stories which were about interaction between characters and their development without necessarily involving fight scenes.
and given this was the 80's and 90's, a lot of the stuff is really good, interesting things.

He also wrote his share of goofy stuff.

Behold this gem. Ever wonder what the Red Skull and his dudes did when they weren't killing Captain America or blowing up cities?

Just chilling in their own club, naturally.

(Captain America #387.)

I have to say, I love how Crossbones walks in having balled some chick, and he's complaining to a Nazi-master mind about how he had to cut himself short.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
And that's why The Red Skull is the best Marvel Villain. What's the point of being rich and evil indeed?

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

Lurdiak posted:

Like a lot of things in the Mega Man comic, it's a running gag in the fan community that they made canon in the comic.

In Megaman & Bass, Flashman's Datacard lists his dislikes as "Commercials for wigs." So there's that. If anything it's one of those cases where a minor trait gets blown out of proportion by fan communities.

It also states that he enjoys photography and is kind to his underlings. But also misuses his power to peep at girls.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Lurdiak posted:

Also it's weirding me the gently caress out to see a bunch of people act like the Sonic comic is good and has been good for extended periods of time. Have you people never read it before last year or something?

I certainly haven't. Good panels make me think comic is good? I read so few comics now that I judge the quality of a series entirely by whether or not panels of it get posted somewhere.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Soylentbits posted:

I certainly haven't. Good panels make me think comic is good? I read so few comics now that I judge the quality of a series entirely by whether or not panels of it get posted somewhere.

While it might be good now (but I'm not going to check), the Sonic comic has often been legendarily awful and sustained only by a terrifying dedicated fanbase of creeps and furries. Some of the later writers and artists were also insane.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know the source, but some villains have the worst luck in picking superheroes to fight.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Say Nothing posted:

I don't know the source, but some villains have the worst luck in picking superheroes to fight.

It looks like its Amazing 600

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Question IRL posted:

I think it's time for some more Mark Gruenwald era goodness.

Now don't get me wrong. Mark wrote some excellent thought provoking comics. The man was capable of advancing stories. He could (and in fact) regularly had stories which were about interaction between characters and their development without necessarily involving fight scenes.
and given this was the 80's and 90's, a lot of the stuff is really good, interesting things.

He also wrote his share of goofy stuff.

Behold this gem. Ever wonder what the Red Skull and his dudes did when they weren't killing Captain America or blowing up cities?

Just chilling in their own club, naturally.

(Captain America #387.)

I have to say, I love how Crossbones walks in having balled some chick, and he's complaining to a Nazi-master mind about how he had to cut himself short.
This run of Captain America was the first comic subcription I ever had, and I loved it. Red Skull is a serious criminal mastermind but also Skeletor.

When I got back into comics after high school, I didn't understand why people were whining about comics not being "relevant" by having terrorists and arms dealers and stuff. That's what AIM and the Red Skull are for; bin Laden is not super enough for Captain America to fight. He doesn't even have a secret club where people wear masks.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 7, 2013

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

While it might be good now (but I'm not going to check), the Sonic comic has often been legendarily awful and sustained only by a terrifying dedicated fanbase of creeps and furries. Some of the later writers and artists were also insane.

On one hand, the current writer (who also writes the Mega Man comic) was hired on the strength of an online fan comic he'd previously written, but at the same time, the guy he replaced recently took Archie Comics to court on the grounds of ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL, which has forced the present fellow to write out every character his predecessor (who was effectively the head writer for 19 years) created for the comic.

I was big into STC when I was a kid (it was pretty much my favourite comic before I started getting into Marvel), so I don't tend to rate the American version of Sonic terribly highly, to be honest.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Say Nothing posted:

I thought people didn't know Daredevil was blind or is that common knowledge now?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They don't, that's why the villain tried blinding him.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
No one could possibly know Daredevil is blind. Matt's very careful about his secret identity:

Daredevil #7

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Waitwaitwait.

That sounds AWESOME.

Does this mean the sonic comics are back to just sonic and tails and robotnik, basically? I haven't exactly been keeping up on the sonic comics, but I had the impression that virtually everything introduced since sonic went 3d has been terrible furrybait and self-insert fan art characters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metal Loaf posted:

On one hand, the current writer (who also writes the Mega Man comic) was hired on the strength of an online fan comic he'd previously written, but at the same time, the guy he replaced recently took Archie Comics to court on the grounds of ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL, which has forced the present fellow to write out every character his predecessor (who was effectively the head writer for 19 years) created for the comic.

I was big into STC when I was a kid (it was pretty much my favourite comic before I started getting into Marvel), so I don't tend to rate the American version of Sonic terribly highly, to be honest.

Is that the same dude who tried to become a forum superstar by referencing BSS in a backup?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Is that the same dude who tried to become a forum superstar by referencing BSS in a backup?

So the guy referenced a forum in a comic, is that like a big deal? Seems like you're making GBS threads on a guy for really no good reason.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Pretty sure they're making GBS threads on him for being a internet-fame-seeking weirdo who's throwing an originality tantrum over his totally rad Sonic-but-with-boobs character Julie-Su that literally has a mother named Mary-Su.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Maybe so but the guy never posts about it here anymore.

Let's just keep posting panels.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Pretty sure they're making GBS threads on him for being a internet-fame-seeking weirdo who's throwing an originality tantrum over his totally rad Sonic-but-with-boobs character Julie-Su that literally has a mother named Mary-Su.

I thought that was the guy who wrote it in the 90s and tried to sue Archie over it for ownership?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, Ken Penders (the previous writer) is the lawsuit guy, while Ian Flynn (the current writer) is the internet meme guy.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zeeman posted:

No one could possibly know Daredevil is blind. Matt's very careful about his secret identity:

Daredevil #7

But does he know what's written on the shirt, or is someone pranking him?

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

The Lone Badger posted:

But does he know what's written on the shirt, or is someone pranking him?

He knows. A good deal of the Matt socializing with people moments in Daredevil revolve around him telling everyone "I'm TOTALLY not Daredevil guys."

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The Kingpin outed Matt as Daredevil a while back. Matt fought it in court and eventually won, so legally, he's not Daredevil, but everybody thinks he is now. Hence the jokes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CapnAndy posted:

The Kingpin outed Matt as Daredevil a while back. Matt fought it in court and eventually won, so legally, he's not Daredevil, but everybody thinks he is now. Hence the jokes.

The Kingpin would never do that. It was all part of their game and it ended up getting him Caesar-ed. It was due to the guy in charge of the conspiracy that got the ball rolling on his identity being public. Seriously read Bendis's run.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
The best part is that in the comics everyone thinks he is Daredevil, so Matt Murdock can't be blind. Like literally no one thinks Daredevil could possibly be blind so Matt must be lying. Hence the panels posted earlier:

Daredevil #12

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

ghosthorse posted:

The best part is that in the comics everyone thinks he is Daredevil, so Matt Murdock can't be blind. Like literally no one thinks Daredevil could possibly be blind so Matt must be lying. Hence the panels posted earlier:

Daredevil #12

That little blush in panel three :allears:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

From Tumblr, issue unknown:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ghosthorse posted:

The best part is that in the comics everyone thinks he is Daredevil

I loved what happened when he was first outed. Thank God for rear end in a top hat New Yorkers :allears:

Daredevil (Vol 2) #35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Weird background noise in the first and last panel

• Locked thread