Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

This is from the same guy who changed his Facebook pic to a drawing of Rorschach I posted before.

This has got to be a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

FrozenVent posted:

What do you think happened to the other 1716 fedora guys?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

scorpiobean posted:

What do you think happened to the other 1716 fedora guys?

Is this a sort of Highlander thing?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Ularg posted:

Is this a sort of Highlander thing?

If only...

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

FrozenVent posted:

If only...

Seriously just imagine how great the world would be if there could be only one creepy fedora guy

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

swampland posted:

Seriously just imagine how great the world would be if there could be only one creepy fedora guy

But he would have the power of more than 1700 creepy fedora guys, and he would be immortal. :ohdear:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

Nope, flat up serious.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Royal W posted:

But he would have the power of more than 1700 creepy fedora guys, and he would be immortal. :ohdear:

It's a kind of tragic ...

Fascinator
Jan 2, 2011

The four stages of E/N posting.

Boneitis posted:

The first four are men :ssh:

Um, I know? I don't get what you're going for there, sorry :(

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
There are only six responses. The two you commented on as being the only reasonable ones are the only women who replied.

Pineapple Salad
Apr 4, 2012

What a neverending story, Mark!

Sagebrush posted:

There are only six responses. The two you commented on as being the only reasonable ones are the only women who replied.

It's still better than having the only two female responders say something along the lines of "I'm glad I'm not like those shallow bitches! :smug:"

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Fascinator posted:

Um, I know? I don't get what you're going for there, sorry :(

See, they're men, so of course they have horrible opinions. :v:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Wizard of Smart posted:

See, they're men, so of course they have horrible opinions. :v:

I thought you'd figure this out by now.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Kill all men

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

swampland posted:

Kill all humens

Fixed that for you.

I mean, if we're going to do genocide we might as well go big or go home.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Experto Crede posted:

Serious answer: Some scientists said in the late 90s/early 00s that e-numbers (the mostly artificial colours and flavours approved for use within the EU, though the term solely meaning artificial is misleading since even oxygen has an E number) were in fact causing kids to go nuts and have behavioural issues.

It's been largely considered a steaming pile of crap for a while though. Hell, google something along the lines of "are e-numbers bad" and there's more results either saying "No" or "No evidence has been produced to say they are" than "MAH KID'S BRAIN!"

it's still lingering at the edges, we've still got this recently published book in our library collection:

(Translation: Watch Out! Danger! - WHAT'S IN YOUR FOOD? - the guide that stops you from poisoning yourself)

...and if anyone says crap about how public libraries/books are infintely more trustworthy than books, I always point to our stacks full of pseudo-science. I should post a greatest hits.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

This is from the same guy who changed his Facebook pic to a drawing of Rorschach I posted before.

I thought that this was an OK joke status, until I realized that's his actual eBay name. Then it became hilarious.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I don't get it. He seems perfectly reasonable.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Someone I used to work with posts these vague statuses about people she won't name and someone took the bait.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Imagined posted:

I mean, even if you believe in God... you really think God is pro-'mericuh, and spends his time making the sky look like one country's flag? It's such a petty, small-minded conception of God.

Uh, if you believe in god then it kind of does look like he painted the American flag in the sky there. I'm neither American nor Christian and that was still the first thing I thought when I saw the picture.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Tiggum posted:

Uh, if you believe in god then it kind of does look like he painted the American flag in the sky there. I'm neither American nor Christian and that was still the first thing I thought when I saw the picture.

I suspect the colours may have been tweaked a little (heavily) to get the red, white and blue, but it's a nice example of pareidolia.

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
Seriously, I get what you're saying, but that's a loving terrible impression of a flag to attribute to an all-powerful deity. Besides, there are clearly 57 stars in the flag.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Linked for lots of :words: - I posted a "yay Wendy Davis/DOMA overturn/prop8 overturn" status last week, and my friend of 30 years decides this is the perfect place to voice her right-wing opposition to everything in the world. It just went downhill from there.

Dramatis Personae:
Purple - me
Blue - aforementioned childhood friend
Red - my former boss, card-carrying complete tool
Orange - my libertarian gun nut ex/friend/computer guy
Green - goon friend from work

Yellow and black don't really count, they're minor players - it should be mentioned that yellow is my current boss, and previously red's boss, though.

http://i.imgur.com/c8EGKAN.png
http://i.imgur.com/flAj6NY.png
http://i.imgur.com/B8hAGod.png
http://i.imgur.com/JaKRL9Z.png
http://i.imgur.com/t62gH2m.png

Honestly I was impressed orange kept it as civil as he did, but really everyone (except green) is an idiot on facebook. -.-

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Iceberg-Slim posted:

Seriously, I get what you're saying, but that's a loving terrible impression of a flag to attribute to an all-powerful deity. Besides, there are clearly 57 stars in the flag.

God wants us to free Canada and make it 7 new states you say?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hughlander posted:

God wants us to free Canada and make it 7 new states you say?

And our lord prophet Obama predicted it all!

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Can't wait to see those "SFO crash was a false flag sheeple!" posts that are hopefully gonna start coming down the pipe.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Target Practice posted:

Can't wait to see those "SFO crash was a false flag sheeple!" posts that are hopefully gonna start coming down the pipe.
This is a status from my friend, who I guess has to deal with these kinds of people on a regular basis.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
So, y'all know I'm trans right? And so does my aunt. Doesn't stop her from sharing these on my wall.

And some choice comments:

:sigh:

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012

It takes a very manly, virile kind of man to want to assault a completely fictional woman. Smh.

artdamage
Jun 26, 2013
Thank you, Kevin.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

artdamage posted:

Thank you, Kevin.

Rule number one, don't. Rule number eight, if you don't, you don't love her.

I don't know what I love more, that or the spelling "LINGERIA". It's like they tried really hard, got to the end and just said, "eh, gently caress it, I'll sound it out."

edit: can't count

Tex Avery has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Jul 8, 2013

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

artdamage posted:

Thank you, Kevin.

Was this written by Dr. Steve Brule?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

artdamage posted:

Thank you, Kevin.

"Ligeria"? That's a country in Europe, isn't it?

Also, yes I do want to think of her putting on her country for the window cleaner because apparently I'm a self-centered piece of poo poo who doesn't buy presents for others without first carefully considering how it will affect me.
So, there's a good chance that my wife would be much better off with him than with me.

(Of course, whenever I say "me", I am referring to you Facebook poster.)

Tex Avery posted:

Rule number one, don't.

No no. Rule number one, Don. T.
Who Don is I don't know. :shrug:

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 23:29 on Jul 7, 2013

Fascinator
Jan 2, 2011

The four stages of E/N posting.
LINGERIA

That said, yeah, you probably shouldn't be buying lingerie for anyone if you don't know what size/brand they wear and what colors and styles they prefer. The rest is all misogynistic drivel though. Who the hell would respond to a gift of lingerie with "OMG YOU'RE HAVING AN AFFAIR??"

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Fascinator posted:

LINGERIA

That said, yeah, you probably shouldn't be buying lingerie for anyone if you don't know what size/brand they wear and what colors and styles they prefer. The rest is all misogynistic drivel though. Who the hell would respond to a gift of lingerie with "OMG YOU'RE HAVING AN AFFAIR??"

Because this is how you see the world when your only contact with other humans is late 90's family sitcoms.

Scene: Fat, stupid husband brings home gift to hot, bitchy wife
Hot, bitchy wife: "What did you do wrong this time?"
*play laugh track*

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

No screenshots because French, but several members of my family think that the train derailment / explosion that killed a few dozen people in Lac Megantic, Qc, might have been organized by the oil companies to promote the safety of pipelines.

:psyduck:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

FrozenVent posted:

No screenshots because French, but several members of my family think that the train derailment / explosion that killed a few dozen people in Lac Megantic, Qc, might have been organized by the oil companies to promote the safety of pipelines.

I'll grant them one thing, that's at least one of the more believable, direct and stable conspiracy theory I've heard in a long time. I mean it's still stupid and crazy, but there's at least a direct line of reasoning that can be followed.

This is more a penalty against everyone else, though. We've reached the point where I have to start granting concessions for conspiracy theorists.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

FrozenVent posted:

Hell, even the GBS thread derailed (sorry) into conspiracies and arguing about pipelines within the first goddamned page. I hate people.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

artdamage posted:

Thank you, Kevin.

You're all ignoring the best part, which is that he has two rule 6s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Henchman of Santa posted:

You're all ignoring the best part, which is that he has two rule 6s.

Rule 6 of LINGERIA is you don't talk about LINGERIA.
Rult 6 of LINGERIA is you don't talk about LINGERIA.

• Locked thread