Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

futurememory posted:

What do you guys think would be the best possible way to introduce friends to Gaki? I have a feeling that my friends would love it, especially since they really get a kick out of Impractical Jokers (which, to me, is somewhat close to a Gaki-style brand of humor here in America). I thought about 24-Hour Tag, but that might be too long for a beginner.

24 Hour Pie Hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Yeah I showed my mates pie hell followed by tag and they love Gaki now.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

futurememory posted:

What do you guys think would be the best possible way to introduce friends to Gaki? I have a feeling that my friends would love it, especially since they really get a kick out of Impractical Jokers (which, to me, is somewhat close to a Gaki-style brand of humor here in America). I thought about 24-Hour Tag, but that might be too long for a beginner.

I started with Absolutely Tasty and moved into the 24 hour batsu stuff.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

futurememory posted:

As an easy in, I vote Silent Library. It's a simple premise, there's a decent selection of clips, and you don't need to know anything before watching. After that, I'd say cosplay bus tour, kiki series, and Matsumoto's pie hell are good to start with.

edit - Unrelated, but I recently found the Yamasaki Vs Morimon videos. None of them are translated, but they're still some of the funniest videos of theirs I've seen.

Rack fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jun 4, 2013

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
Thanks for the input, guys. I think I might start them on Pie Hell or Silent Library. Especially since I think some of them saw clips of the MTV version.

It is hilarious how many Gaki clips are just swimming around on YouTube and labeled something like, "Funny Japanese game show!" Most of my friends have seen the tongue twister batsu and the marshmallow game.

In other news, SyFy has apparently made an American version of DERO. It's called Exit and it debuted last night.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Call me biased, but Gaki no Tsukai is easily one of the most hilarious shows to date. Thanks for the links.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

futurememory posted:

In other news, SyFy has apparently made an American version of DERO. It's called Exit and it debuted last night.
I wish these shows would be on any network other than SyFy, the network where Shows Go to Dietm. They already shoved out a version of Tousouchuu (Cha$e) that only had 6 episodes aired and was never seen again, while Tousouchuu remains extremely popular here.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I would be (mostly) fine with Exit if they didn't cut away to THE REACTION ROOM or whatever every three seconds so people could say the incredibly loving obvious.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
People I thought would *love* the Absolutely Tasty series hated it, while people who I didn't think would be interested in watching anything subtitled (people's roommates/SOs wandering into the room to find out what was so funny) totally lost their poo poo over Pie Hell and Silent Library (especially the one with Hoost).

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Always gotta be careful when introducing a show like GnT to new people because conversation heavy episodes or ones that rely on knowing the "order" of the show and Japanese comedy are not easy to get into. People will wonder why Hamada hits people and seems like a jerk, they won't get Yamasaki's loser character, etc.

Pie Hell and Silent Library are the best starters because it's just pure physical comedy and then you can build on that by introducing the cast and their roles.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
New Kiki subbed! It's Ponzu :woop:

http://gakifiles.blogspot.com/

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Does anyone recall a show of hide and seek inside a big mall, and people hid in different places, like dressing up as a mannequin, etc?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Medieval Medic posted:

Does anyone recall a show of hide and seek inside a big mall, and people hid in different places, like dressing up as a mannequin, etc?

Million Kazoku, hosted by Cocorico.

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/sandgaara/1

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

I've either watched too much Gaki or not enough, but it is weird to see Heipo not doing the whole 'terrified of everything' shtick for once.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...

InShaneee posted:

I've either watched too much Gaki or not enough, but it is weird to see Heipo not doing the whole 'terrified of everything' shtick for once.

You should probably look up a stream of the latest two episodes then!

starring Heipo as Po-chan the crying scared lil babby

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
NOW BRINGING YOU FORTY PERCENT MORE RANGE-I THAN EVER BEFORE!!!!!

That's right. Not content with their victory over five colors, the cast of Gaki no Tsukai join forces with Ameagari Kesshitai to take on seven colors at once!!!

Yes, this is the Gaki no Tsukai Seven Range-i Game, now with English subtitles. Among other things, this episode explores Matsumoto's extensive knowledge of soccer and Tanaka's well-documented fondness for wieners. Also, Hamada laughs at someone else getting hurt.

This is an older translation of zari-gani's that I've been working with off and on (mostly off) for the past year. I finally got off my butt and finished all the typesetting just in time for the weekend. Huge thanks to zari-gani, who has been doing incredible work with all her translations.

http://www.mediafire.com/?i5z3wwfaa91i4e7

As with our last release, I'm only putting it up for direct download for now because my internet is metered, so I can't seed a torrent. If someone who doesn't have that problem could download it and set up a torrent on alluvion or nyaatorrents or somewhere, it would be totally awesome and a big help in getting the video out there for others to enjoy.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Awesome job, thanks for more subbed stuff!

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I love the original episode where it was just the five core members. This should be great! Thanks!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Brilliant.

So, uh, any idea where I can get more Gaki no Tsukai?

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Anyone got a link to the current best version of subbed 2013 No Laughing: Enthusiastic Teachers? I found a couple versions of it high quality, but not subbed..

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I AM BRAWW posted:

Anyone got a link to the current best version of subbed 2013 No Laughing: Enthusiastic Teachers? I found a couple versions of it high quality, but not subbed..

Here's a sub file for the 720p download (from here). I don't know what they did, but whenever I downloaded it I had the same problem. No subs at all and no sub file. Any way, just download that, rename it to match the video filename and it should sync up fine.

Lizard Wizard posted:

CrazyOnTv.com is a good place to start. The fan forums are a good place too, but it takes some looking around. A lot of the older links are dead, a good portion aren't subbed, but there's a lot of great stuff still there.

As an aside, I've started watching a few unsubbed videos. While I know I'm missing out on the dialogue, most of the time you can still figure out what's going on and still enjoy it. Good examples of this are Team Lego Battle (if you thought Hamada was bad at drawing, see how he does with lego building) and Yamasaki Vs Moriman (some of the funniest videos of theirs I've seen).

Rack fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 29, 2013

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rack posted:

Here's a sub file for the 720p download (from here). I don't know what they did, but whenever I downloaded it I had the same problem. No subs at al and no sub file. Any way, just download that, rename it to match the video filename and it should sync up fine.

The hardsubbed version is now up. I downloaded it a few days ago. It's nearly 17 GB.

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ragequit posted:

The hardsubbed version is now up. I downloaded it a few days ago. It's nearly 17 GB.

Yeah, thats the 1080p version. Very high quality, but my internet isn't good enough to download it. The 720p version is dvd sized, about 4.3 gigs.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Y'know, I just realized that the 5 Rangers skits are also by Gaki no Tsukai, and it got me thinking, what's the story behind that? Was it coordinated ahead of time, or did they just generally go into dressing/prop rooms and grab whatever without telling the others?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Y'know, I just realized that the 5 Rangers skits are also by Gaki no Tsukai, and it got me thinking, what's the story behind that? Was it coordinated ahead of time, or did they just generally go into dressing/prop rooms and grab whatever without telling the others?

I think Hamada is the only one not in on it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I went from watching Pie Hell to a bunch of the 5 Ranger skits and nearly cacked myself laughing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

I think Hamada is the only one not in on it.

Hamada would be Skull Mask, right?

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I went from watching Pie Hell to a bunch of the 5 Ranger skits and nearly cacked myself laughing.

You're welcome!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

5 Rangers is basically designed to let Hamada grope YOU 13 different times.

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Yeah, the original 5 Rangers skits are from Downtown no Gottsu Ee Kanji. It was a great sketch show that ran for the early 90s and it had Itao and a load of the other people you see in Gaki sometimes. Matsumoto was really pissed when it got cancelled.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Itao is worth watching no matter what. Even in the smallest shittiest roles. Learned this from experience.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone know how many of the Shichihenge videos have been subbed? The only ones I've found are Goto Terumoto, Tetsuo Sato, Heipo and I found a really low quality video of the Bob Sapp one somewhere but I can't remember where.

They're really funny - I'm surprised more of them haven't been subbed.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Watchin' untranslated stuff, learnin' how to make animated gifs...

Arino's partner Hamaguchi should really keep a better eye on his pony.

He makes it out OK!

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 3, 2013

MixxMaster
Sep 15, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

Brilliant.

You're kidding, right?

http://gaki-no-tsukai.com/

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Japanese scientific advances in the field of really creepy realistic masks have finally gone too far.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Wow, what is that from? Making fun of Hamada's face never gets old.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
That's an episode of Gaki no Tsukai from a couple months ago. Itao Itsuji and his "wife" host a suggested format change for the program and turn it into the "Hamada Vegas Show" where the cast are required to bet Vegas-style on various competitions between people who all wear those creepy Hamada masks. It was a two part episode.

From another recent episode...

You know how Tanaka seems to frequently be the recipient of Thai kicks during the annual batsu games? The Gaki staff set up an episode where he had the opportunity to be on the delivering end for a change:

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 6, 2013

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Nipponophile posted:

You know how Tanaka seems to frequently be the recipient of Thai kicks during the annual batsu games? The Gaki staff set up an episode where he had the opportunity to be on the delivering end for a change:

This was linked on the last page and is well worth watching. Tanaka kicks women in the butt. Not subbed, but you really don't need them.

Crotch Bat posted:

And here's an unsubbed video but it's not really necessary. The group draws various celebs from actors to comedians to idols in and then they screw up in some fashion(still unclear as to the key, maybe someone like zari-gani can elaborate) and then Tanaka gives them a Thai kick. If you've never seen a mid-40s awkward Japanese comedian kicking people in the rear end for laughs then this is for you. Afterwards you get to see Tanaka grovel and beg for forgiveness in front of them!

http://youtubeowaraitv.blog32.fc2.com/blog-entry-28545.html

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
Silent library with Hoost is indeed the way to go, followed by Hospital Batsu. If they want more go with The Five Rangers sketches. Hooked.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...

eating only apples posted:

This was linked on the last page and is well worth watching. Tanaka kicks women in the butt. Not subbed, but you really don't need them.

Haha, no one really followed up on the rules. The answer, of course, is that there basically are none. Once Tanaka gets annoyed enough for any reason after asking them pretty mundane questions, he presses the alarm button himself (once accidentally also if I remember correctly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
A little reminiscing about Downtown during their earlier years...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySZrExE5iX8