Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thegreatcodfish
Aug 2, 2004
I hope they end up including OSX with the PC build, but their Kickstarter implies that won't be the case :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Ooooo, Ascension is so pretty now. Or at least seems so. Also, who's getting the expansion and has two thumbs? Besides me!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
This new expansion is crazyballs

fyi a Soul Gem is just a single use random card from previous decks. You may get Master Dhartha and rejoice, you may get a mechana initiate and cry.

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003

porktree posted:

Ooooo, Ascension is so pretty now. Or at least seems so. Also, who's getting the expansion and has two thumbs? Besides me!

I would be, but I'm stuck at "Creating Account..." Guess their servers are getting hammered. Everyone stop playing for a few minutes!

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009

saint gerald posted:

I would be, but I'm stuck at "Creating Account..." Guess their servers are getting hammered. Everyone stop playing for a few minutes!

Mine did that too, I checked my email while it was spinning and had an activation link so yours might have gone through too.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
I'm soooooo afraid that the Ascension Online interface is going to suck. PlayDek does such a nice job; I can't think of a card game that has a snappier interface than Ascension. Lots of high-end games (like Magic; 2013 at least) try so hard to look fancy/pretty that they throw responsiveness out the window.

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003

Owlkill posted:

Mine did that too, I checked my email while it was spinning and had an activation link so yours might have gone through too.

Yeah, I killed it from the task list and tried again. Then I noticed the email. Not sure if killing it and retrying helped or not, but maybe it will help someone else.

Soul Gems are, uh, odd. I'm not sure this game needs more unpredictability.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
So how's the expansion best played? On its own or with one of the earlier decks?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Owlkill posted:

So how's the expansion best played? On its own or with one of the earlier decks?

It was released as a mini-expansion to Storm of Souls the way that Return of the Fallen was a mini-xpac to Chronicle of the Godslayer. It plays fine on its own in head-to-head or with SoS in 3+ player. It was not designed to be combined with earlier sets, but the app will let you do any cube config you want, regardless of how much sense it makes.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

saint gerald posted:

Newbs that didn't get Agricola represent. ;)

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003

porktree posted:

Newbs that didn't get Agricola represent. ;)

Farming is for scrubs.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Hey guys post your stupid usernames because the new Ascension poo poo will wipe your friend list. Mine is Bummey, go figure.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
I'm Spincut for Immortal Heroes and Agricola.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
MTG 2014 or the new Ascension expansion? gently caress this is a difficult choice. How good is the sealed mode? Money difference doesn't matter, I just know whichever I get will take up all my game time for a while.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Bummey posted:

Hey guys post your stupid usernames because the new Ascension poo poo will wipe your friend list. Mine is Bummey, go figure.

This doesn't matter at all. Their apps all still read your Game Center friends list.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Beelzebozo posted:

This doesn't matter at all. Their apps all still read your Game Center friends list.

My friend list is still empty and I can't invite anyone.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Bummey posted:

Did you really have friends before. :smug:

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
I'm now Owlkill on Ascension

Bummey
May 26, 2004

porktree posted:

Did you really have friends before. :smug:

Not real ones.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Bummey posted:

Previously:

PFlats posted:

Anyone else having an issue with Agricola not populating their friends list?

Bummey posted:

Playdek's servers are not renowned for their stability. Give it some time and try again.
Welcome to my pain.

And in related news, Playdek is not good at responding to support emails. Deleting the app and reinstalling doesn't work either.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
No new avatars to go along with the Ascension Heroes expansion? What kind of outrageous loving bullshit is this???

PlayDek is a big scammer, Ascension is a big scam!!!

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Trustworthy posted:

No new avatars to go along with the Ascension Heroes expansion? What kind of outrageous loving bullshit is this???

There is a whole new page of Immortal Heroes based avatars.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Merauder posted:

There is a whole new page of Immortal Heroes based avatars.

Oh I see now. I saw the dwarf argonaut thing and at a glance I thought it was the other dwarf argonaut thing that we already had (leading to me thinking that wasn't a new page).

Okay fiiiiiiine, PlayDek and Ascension are back to being amazing and awesome.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

:toot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Nondisclosure agreement broken; have fun in prison buddy! :byewhore:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Trustworthy posted:

Nondisclosure agreement broken; have fun in prison buddy! :byewhore:

Days of Wonder posted:

- We will require some reasonable confidentiality from you. Some things might be tweaked during the next few weeks, and we not to want see screenshots of this work-in-progress posted everywhere on the Web, for all to see yet. Some features are likely to be refined or fine-tuned - thanks to YOUR feedback - and we don't want this to create false impressions or countless public threads on things that are still a work-in-progress.
- On the other hand, we do want all interested Kickstarter backers, not just those few that are selected to participate in this beta, to have a chance to see how things are coming along - so you are welcome to share your own experience with others, including screenshots, first impressions, etc. within the confine of this private forum - but not on public forums such as our other forums, BGG, Trictrac, etc.

I haven't received a build yet. Once I do, I'll be posting in the backers forum. I just wanted to let you guys know in case any of you are backers and are interested in learning more about the upcoming release.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Huh. Who would've thought forums user 'Trustworthy' would be a snitch.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
SolForge just popped on Steam under an early access deal. $20 to get in, and you get 20 booster packs when the game goes live. I don't have an iPad but is SolForge considered "worth it"?

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

The Orange Mage posted:

SolForge just popped on Steam under an early access deal. $20 to get in, and you get 20 booster packs when the game goes live. I don't have an iPad but is SolForge considered "worth it"?

Solforge is not a great, nor an awful, game. It's lane based, which is an immediate turn off for some, but I gave it a chance over a good handful of games (and had a good browse of the card pool). The feeling that stayed with me throughout was a distinct lack of depth, and that has been echoed by a few other goons (although, to be fair, one or two have said they really enjoyed the game).

I find it really hard not to compare it to other CCG's as I play, but I would say that if you're not a big CCG player, then Solforge will probably be interesting enough to justify $20. If you have played others though, especially if they were some of the more solid ones, such as Magic or Legend of the Five Rings, it is hard to ignore the lack of depth in SolForge.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jul 2, 2013

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Any good resources for someone who just downloaded the Heroes of Might & Magic card game and hasn't ever played a CCG before? I understand the fundamental mechanics but I seem to be getting my rear end kicked more often than not.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Hulk Krogan posted:

Any good resources for someone who just downloaded the Heroes of Might & Magic card game and hasn't ever played a CCG before? I understand the fundamental mechanics but I seem to be getting my rear end kicked more often than not.

Join our groupMe (info in the OP) and start a private channel to me there, and I'll talk you through the basics and answer your questions.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010

Hulk Krogan posted:

Do a search for Duel of Champions codes online. You'll need to install the PC client to redeem them. I think Penny Arcade has one currently, and there are 4-5 others currently active. The campaign gives you additional resources, but is moderately short and ends abruptly. Once that is over, playing against AI earns you no further resources (to my knowledge).

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Geburan posted:

You'll need to install the PC client to redeem them.

Not anymore. They patched code redemption into the iPad version two releases ago, before the Herald of the Void expansion released.

Also, here are some codes.

jerkstores
Aug 6, 2001
Anyone else having problems with group me? I keep getting a message saying I am no longer in this group and the window closing. Then when I join again, I get the same thing after it refreshes.

I think Beezlebozo kick banned me after I beat him in Ascension. :argh:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

jerkstores posted:

Anyone else having problems with group me? I keep getting a message saying I am no longer in this group and the window closing. Then when I join again, I get the same thing after it refreshes.

Ha ha, nope. Bummey is the channel owner there. I'm able to access it still though so who knows.

And yeah, you are now my toughest Ascension opponent since saint gerald never plays with me anymore.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

jerkstores posted:

I can't join the group and when I try on the mobile app it tells me it no longer exists.

This is kind of a stupid question but...I don't see anywhere to redeem codes in the Duel of Champions shop? I guess you do have to install the PC client?

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
I recently asked in the GroupMe if anyone had played Shelter, and I don't think anybody responded. It's a zombie (of course) card game where you use weapons, tools, fortifications, etc. to fend off a wave of zombies. There's a lot of paper/rock/scissors; using the right tools against the right enemies. I'm currently a half dozen matches or so into the story mode thus far, and I'm digging it. There's a deck building feature that I'm not far enough in to have bothered with it yet. I have no idea about the game's longevity; it might be stupidly simple and broken, or deep in ways that I have yet to comprehend. But it's worth a look, I think.

I wish it had a universal version, though; when zoomed out, these graphics look janky as gently caress on my iPad.

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 5, 2013

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
Bang! is currently free in the App Store.

Shame it's such a lovely game, though.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I found it fun enough with a big group of friends, but the app's presentation is a little different than I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah can someone clarify how the iap for sealed works in dotp? I want it but not if its like that.

You get two free pulls. Each pull gives you 6 boosters, then you make a deck. Then you have a series of AI matches where you can earn another 3 boosters to integrate. At any time you can jump online.

Additional pulls cost $2. They do not eliminate old pulls - you get to continue using the decks you've made.

The demo is free and lets you play sealed, as well as the normal campaign mode. If you're on the fence.

Remember too that when you buy, you get a code good for a promo pack at a game store, if you have one near you. For iOS, you get a Scavenging Ooze, which you can probably sell for close to $10 if you want to go through the trouble.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 6, 2013

• Locked thread