Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

WebDog posted:

I suppose in movie world Chimpanzee pitch for minor league...

This almost looks more like a joke from Friends than it does an actual movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

I love this one. It's a shame that the movie wasn't very good :smith:.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

WebDog posted:

Even in 1996, I felt amazingly embarassed for Matt LeBlanc for this.

effectual posted:

Now a decade later...

Not bad. The alien is above the Predator, but he has his claws up to retaliate. The poster is showing the most recognizable elements of each monster, hence the 2 not facing each other (the dreads look sweet). I never saw the movie though.

It's not a great movie, but a very memorable tagline. Of course it totally invites you to make fun of the movie, but I see it pop up in some unlikely places.

Parachute posted:

I really loved the trailer for this because one of the clips they show is of Adrien Brody standing there and about 4 or 5 of the red dot clusters appear all over his torso simultaneously.

I remember that, but isn't it something that wasn't even used in the movie?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, in the actual scene in the movie its just one laser.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

WebDog posted:

I vageuly remember that within the last few years someone involved with this movie was interviewed and talked about how just about every cast and crew member was openly using drugs and drinking on set, as well as showing up late and intentionally blowing takes, because no-one gave a gently caress about doing their job on a movie this frivolous.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Parachute posted:

I really loved the trailer for this because one of the clips they show is of Adrien Brody standing there and about 4 or 5 of the red dot clusters appear all over his torso simultaneously.

In the trailer it was a poo poo load of red dot clusters, then in the movie it was only... 3? BULLSHIT. Still loved the hell out of that movie for whatever reason. It was good trashy fun (I liked Predator 2 as well, hated both AVP movies though).

Here's that In The Mouth of Madness in-movie poster that was never (to my knowledge) released.

And the theatrical poster. It's okay, if a little boring (I do like the tagline however)

and a few of the other Sutter Cane book covers, just because.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Isn't this one literally the name of a Lovecraft story already?

e: nevermind, that's "The Whisperer in Darkness", my mistake :lol:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

colonel_korn posted:

Isn't this one literally the name of a Lovecraft story already?

e: nevermind, that's "The Whisperer in Darkness", my mistake :lol:

Sutter Cane is supposed to be like HP Lovecraft + Steven King, if I'm remembering right. Pretty sure all those other stories are homages to Lovecraft works too.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Peanut President posted:

Sutter Cane is supposed to be like HP Lovecraft + Steven King, if I'm remembering right. Pretty sure all those other stories are homages to Lovecraft works too.

Oh yeah, I realize that, it's just that the others are at least riffs on or mash-ups of some of his other titles rather than a direct rip-off :shobon:

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
Just because Sutter Cane reminds me so much of Garth Marenghi, the entirety of Dark Place is on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EkN8WtFTpE

Wendell
May 11, 2003

In the Mouth of Madness was really good and creepy until the end when it becomes a goofy cartoon. Those book covers are all really good, though I don't know what the red line on all of them is about.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Wendell posted:

In the Mouth of Madness was really good and creepy until the end when it becomes a goofy cartoon. Those book covers are all really good, though I don't know what the red line on all of them is about.

Put them all together and you get a map to R'lyeh!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This makes me wonder if there are full promo posters of Garth Merenghi's Slicer I-IV.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The broken bones posted:

Just because Sutter Cane reminds me so much of Garth Marenghi, the entirety of Dark Place is on Youtube

Usually it takes a few episodes for me to warm up to a comedy.

Darkplace had me from about 10 seconds into the intro.

tliil
Jan 13, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This makes me wonder if there are full promo posters of Garth Merenghi's Slicer I-IV.
I'm sure if the covers are shown on the screen, a full-size version exists somewhere. After all, somebody had to paint those covers.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ruddiger posted:

In the trailer it was a poo poo load of red dot clusters, then in the movie it was only... 3? BULLSHIT. Still loved the hell out of that movie for whatever reason. It was good trashy fun (I liked Predator 2 as well, hated both AVP movies though).

Here's that In The Mouth of Madness in-movie poster that was never (to my knowledge) released.

And the theatrical poster. It's okay, if a little boring (I do like the tagline however)

These are all totally amazing and I wanna read these books.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Wendell posted:

I thought the ending with Sam Neil's character just laughing at the movie theater to the point of agony was quite chilling. I mean yeah before that it was silly as gently caress, but I thought the very last scene was really well done.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

scary ghost dog posted:

These are all totally amazing and I wanna read these books.

I know someone over at The RPF was selling covers and fully bound (but blank) Sutter Cane books.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The broken bones posted:

I don't know what I just watched, but it was incredible.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

tliil posted:

I'm sure if the covers are shown on the screen, a full-size version exists somewhere. After all, somebody had to paint those covers.

I would like to buy them.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

"He's coming to town with a few days to kill" is one of my favorite lines despite (because of?) how totally cheesy it is.

Also, if an ID4 poster needs any words on it, it should just say "Welcome to Earth."

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
"Welcome To Earph (Not Racist)"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Wendell posted:

They're a plot point in the movie, the red lines all make a map to a town in New Hampshire where Cane's stories are based that isn't supposed to exist. (this came from wiki but I trust it)

edit: spoilers just to be on the safe side. Wouldn't want to ruin a movie no one ever saw.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Late to Predator chat, but I loved this poster for Predator 2:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
That tagline is ridiculous.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

That tagline is ridiculous.

ridiculously awesome!

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
So "Predator 2" had a last-minute change in location made to its script (kind of like what would happen with "Alien 3"). Originally it was set in New York instead of LA, hence this poster:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Peanut President posted:

They're a plot point in the movie, the red lines all make a map to a town in New Hampshire where Cane's stories are based that isn't supposed to exist. (this came from wiki but I trust it)

edit: spoilers just to be on the safe side. Wouldn't want to ruin a movie no one ever saw.

Yes, part of the movie was that Cane designed all of the book covers himself, which is why that worked.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Yes, part of the movie was that Cane designed all of the book covers himself, which is why that worked.

Just watched the film thanks to this thread and it was much better than I expected.

The ending managed to remind me of Blazing Saddles' but played straight.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The ending of Mouth of Madness is the best part, the rest of the movie is mid-tier Carpenter with one or two good parts* but the ending is just fantastic. It's one of the only instances of a Lovecraftian horror movie having an ending that is both satisfying and an actual conclusion while still staying true to Lovecraft and having the world end and the protagonist go insane.

*"Do you read Sutter Cane? "

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The ending of Mouth of Madness is the best part, the rest of the movie is mid-tier Carpenter with one or two good parts* but the ending is just fantastic. It's one of the only instances of a Lovecraftian horror movie having an ending that is both satisfying and an actual conclusion while still staying true to Lovecraft and having the world end and the protagonist go insane.

*"Do you read Sutter Cane? "

The first time I saw that movie I pretty much fell in love with it. Plus it has Sam Neil.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Before anyone goes out and buys ITMOM, a quick heads up - it's being released on Blu on October 15th.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Round 19: VS. Part II - Title Fight

Actual Airborne vs Rollerblades vs Twilight Zone riff vs Guttenberg

The Battle of the Declining budgets

1 Body 2 Heads vs 1 Head 1 Body (no head) vs 1 Body 5 Heads

I like to think that they're all chasing each other in a big circle

Wolf-Man vs Kung Fu Serial Killer vs Wolf-Girl vs Barbed Wire Serial Killer vs Wolf-Man Serial Killer

Now I'm really hoping the next movie called "BloodMoon" is about a Wolf-Hermaphrodite Kung Fu Barbed Wire Serial Killer

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Holy poo poo T-1000 looks young as gently caress.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
I think I want to see the French version of the movie more based on the posters

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Red_Museum posted:

I think I want to see the French version of the movie more based on the posters

It reminds me a lot of the actual disc for A History of Violence, which was the reason I saw that film (I was working at a library and every time that DVD was returned I'd have to check the disc, so it ended up sticking in my head).

For the poster though, the titles on the cartridges are a nice touch. I'd be able to figure out what the movie is about without the title of the film.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

"Welcome To Earph (Not Racist)"

"Welcome to Earth (seriously guys he clearly says the th for gently caress's sake)"

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Seriously read this as "BLOODMOM" when I scanned it and now I'm bummed that that's not true.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I thought that was Vin Diesel :(

Vin Diesel IS BLOODMOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
The moon looks like a pretty sun hat in the thumbnail :gerty: