Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It was already off the highway officially by the time I saw it, so it would've had to have been Phoenix PD. Thought about it but ultimately the guy was moving pretty loving fast too and I was turning the opposite way he did at the next light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I saw this at work the other day. Just your run of the mill stupid bumper sticker and not all that interesting but terrible nonethelss:

:freep: I DON'T BELIEVE THE LIEBURHL MEDIA :freep:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
How angry of a person do you have to be to just slap a sticker on like that?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
They just look like variants of parking pass? Or are you talking about the one extremely mild political sticker that wasn't applied perfectly aligned? Am I missing something here?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

You're not missing anything except the reference to the :siren: LIBERAL MEDIA :siren:

The terrible part about it: applying stickers to the paint instead of to the glass. :argh: I will never, ever put a sticker on a painted part of my car (again)...

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jul 4, 2013

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
You're in Arkansas and only saw one car with a Media Research Center bumper sticker? Quite a few up here in Ohio, and when I was visiting Oklahoma City I thought they handed them out with your registration. Still, taking a photo of that is like taking a photo of all the cars with the various Coexist stickers out there (or Jesus fish).

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

Uthor posted:

There's a "Deaf Child Area" sign in the neighborhood. I sometimes wonder how they corral all the deaf children there.

The sign has also been there for 30 years, so I doubt the child is a child anymore.

There is one of these near me, quite obvious it was put there some time in the 80s, and someone stenciled "NO" on the top.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Def Child Area from what I understand can be put up at the will of the people living there. Im assuming once the child grows up moves away etc, they are supposed to take it down but ive only seen those signs out in rural areas where I guess they get forgotten about.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mighty Horse posted:

There is one of these near me, quite obvious it was put there some time in the 80s, and someone stenciled "NO" on the top.

Got one of those in my neighborhood too. It looked old when I moved in, in 1992. Still there today just mouldering away.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Someone is way too excited about their shitbox

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I've also seen "I know where my soul is going" on a Kia Soul. :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Das Volk posted:

Someone is way too excited about their shitbox

I couldn't quite place it but I'm sure this is the modern day AMC Gremlin.

Had to rent one to drive home from NYC last year and I will never get one again, absolutely no throttle response, beltline so high I felt like I was in an armored truck, felt like driving a tupperware container, etc.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
More importantly, the flag's upside down. Unless the car's trying to signal distress, which actually could be possible.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

I pulled up behind this truck at a light. My wife was laughing at all the idiocy, until we saw the "state rep" plate. That's right. This guy is an elected official here.

He was actually going to the same Mexican restaurant we were, too.

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands

InitialDave posted:

More importantly, the flag's upside down. Unless the car's trying to signal distress, which actually could be possible.

How could that be possible if it is a sticker?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Viking Blood posted:

More importantly, how did he notice? The difference is subtle even on a full size flag, I can hardly make out the diagonal lines on that picture, let alone spot if they're upside down.

E: Actually, looking close it certainly looks right-side up to me.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Viking Blood posted:

Because people who make stickers don't care.

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

I pulled up behind this truck at a light. My wife was laughing at all the idiocy, until we saw the "state rep" plate. That's right. This guy is an elected official here.

I'm not entirely sure I get get the "If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant" one. I assume it's some anti-abortion nonsense implying that "unfertilized egg" and "baby" are the binary states of the contents of a uterus?

What did he order in the restaurant? Two fried chickens please, sunny side up?

KozmoNaut posted:

More importantly, how did he notice? The difference is subtle even on a full size flag, I can hardly make out the diagonal lines on that picture, let alone spot if they're upside down.

E: Actually, looking close it certainly looks right-side up to me.
Look carefully where the white of the St Andrew's Cross diagonal meets the corner. On the top left corner, it should hit the upper edge, whereas it hits the left, which is upside down/backwards. It looks like they haven't spaced the diagonals of St Patrick's Cross correctly on the St Andrew's Cross (they shouldn't be central) either, which is usually the easiest way to spot it.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 4, 2013

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

InitialDave posted:

I'm not entirely sure I get get the "If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant" one. I assume it's some anti-abortion nonsense implying that "unfertilized egg" and "baby" are the binary states of the contents of a uterus?

What did he order in the restaurant? Two fried chickens please, sunny side up?

The eggs you order in a restaurant (or buy in a store or from a farm to eat) are unfertilized. :eng101:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

It's ALWAYS a Fiero.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Fix the geometry so that the rear end end is level, and I'd say it's the wrong thread. :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

evobatman posted:

It's ALWAYS a Fiero.

Makes sense, it's a cheap RWD+rear engined vehicle to cut in half.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
Good way to replace one with a rusty floor and rockers...

In other words....EVERY Fiero.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Was driving up the NJ turnpike and spotted this - what appeared to be a Ferrari Daytona Spyder being 2 wheel towed with the trailer ramps scraping along the highway. I'm 99% sure it's a replica though, since only 122 Spyders exist on in the world, and there is no possible way it would be towed in the sketchiest method possible. Either that or the guy sold everything he owned for the car.

I'm thinking a C4 Vette underneath?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

C3 vette, actually. it looks like the same kit they used in miami vice.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

There is a Republican supermajority in NC since the last election (house/senate/governor all GOP). It's even more retarded than you can imagine. In fact, there's a thread in GBS on this very subject.

edit: spelling

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Voltage posted:

Was driving up the NJ turnpike and spotted this - what appeared to be a Ferrari Daytona Spyder being 2 wheel towed with the trailer ramps scraping along the highway. I'm 99% sure it's a replica though, since only 122 Spyders exist on in the world, and there is no possible way it would be towed in the sketchiest method possible. Either that or the guy sold everything he owned for the car.

I'm thinking a C4 Vette underneath?

Wait......are those ramps dragging on the ground?

I've never used one of those things. Can the ramps be moved up after loading, or do you just tilt the tongue down far enough for them to clear (meaning this idiot probably needs a drop hitch)?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Motronic posted:

Wait......are those ramps dragging on the ground?

I've never used one of those things. Can the ramps be moved up after loading, or do you just tilt the tongue down far enough for them to clear (meaning this idiot probably needs a drop hitch)?

The ramps are designed to retract so as to not do exactly what that clown is doing.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

On mine, the whole deck and ramps tilts up when you drive the towed vehicle onto it, then you put a hitch pin through the tongue that holds it that way. It's kinda janky, but I can't argue with the results, towed my pile from Mass to Indiana and back a year and a half ago with only one almost-incident (caused by a very worn trailer tire.)

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Dude was just blasting along at 70 without a care.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Philip J Fry posted:

Dude was just blasting along at 70 without a care.

Probably without insurance too.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So this is now a thing that exists:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/06/acura-tl-gets-its-top-chopped/

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
Why do the Japanese keep making horrible convertibles that no one wants?

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

G-Mach posted:

Someone in the US is going to buy it.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

No doubt, there is a Murano convertible at one of the places I work at and I never thought I would see one in person.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Oh my god. Between that and the ZDX Acura has totally lost it.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Quick someone make an Accord Crosstour convertible so all the awful can coalesce into one monstrous vehicle

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

G-Mach posted:

They didn't. That's from a company that specializes in horrible convertible conversions. They built a convertible Chevy van for Pete's sake.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

rscott posted:

Quick someone make an Accord Crosstour convertible so all the awful can coalesce into one monstrous vehicle

Sorry...

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/01/honda-accord-crosstour-cabriolet-ready-to-take-on-nissans-tople/

April Fools

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

The best part is this comment:

toobaduragirl posted:

DAMMMMIT! Totally fell for this one. I was terribly excited for a Crosstour Cabrio. I feel violated. And I knew it was April Fools day. Going to cry alone in a corner now. :-(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

rscott posted:

Dude, the Sebring already exists.