Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Probably a fool's errand, but I'll ask anyway; I bought Saturday Looks Good To Me's debut album on LP as part of Polyvinyl's Garage Sale, and it came without a jacket. I'd be forever in your debt if someone could post or link me to print-quality scans of the front and back of the actual jacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
I would describe the new Baptists LP on Southern Lord as heavy and violent, definitely going to pick up the 7" too
The plastic bag it came with was like an oversized suit

Also picked up Bionic - Black Blood

Elrobot fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 3, 2013

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Ahhh! I love that album art.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Probably a fool's errand, but I'll ask anyway; I bought Saturday Looks Good To Me's debut album on LP as part of Polyvinyl's Garage Sale, and it came without a jacket. I'd be forever in your debt if someone could post or link me to print-quality scans of the front and back of the actual jacket.

Hey I got that too! Did they send you any candy? I got a Watermelon "Air Heads" bar.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

shmee posted:

Hey I got that too! Did they send you any candy? I got a Watermelon "Air Heads" bar.

Yup, and they tossed in an Of Montreal 7".

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

I don't know what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.
I've always wanted to use one of these as a piece of furniture (JBL Paragon). Too bad I don't have the $20k to make it happen.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

shmee posted:

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yup, and they tossed in an Of Montreal 7".

Polyvinyl's been sending Airheads and notes and stickers with their shipments for as long as I can remember ordering stuff from them. Never heard of them sneaking in a 7", though.

Edit: grammar

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 3, 2013

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I think this is the best record player you can get:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNGxDAiTxaQ

I mean, just think about how many records you could listen to that thing in a day? And the construction quality! I mean sure, you'd probably destroy most of what you listen to, but isn't that missing the point?

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
I love photonvids channel, the guy talks like a Bond villain or something, mucks around with high voltage equipment and smashes a poo poo ton of TVs. It's truly what the internet was created for.

e: I actually seem to have watched a different set of Bond movies to everyone else, but he is cool nonetheless.

Ron Burgundy fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jul 4, 2013

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Got some vinyl's recently

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools

Chill Callahan posted:

Use of "vinyl's" aside, great taste. Ride's Nowhere is one of the finest records of the early 90s, period, and that era of Cocteau Twins was still gold in my opinion. My only complaint with the LP of Nowhere is that the bonus tracks on the CD were some of the best on the CD (Taste, Here and Now and Nowhere). Can't gently caress with the Mummies, either. I remember ordering a bunch of their LPs for dirt cheap only to be disappointed when the vendor had simply not updated what they actually had available and cancelled my orders.

I hadn't bought records in forever, but stopped by the shop I used to work at with some birthday cash and found a used copy of the Numero Group's Codeine box set, Steely Dan's The Royal Scam and a Scorpio reissue of The Baby Huey Story. Not a bad haul. All that, a soda and a big box of Nag Champa for less than $50.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Has anybody who pre-ordered the deluxe edition of Trouble Will Find Me gotten any shipping information?

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

I don't know what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.

Chill Callahan posted:

A bunch of records

Nice haul, indeed. I was about to say that I have a spare copy of that "rare" Mummies LP if anyone wanted it for a good, cheaper-than-eBay price... but it looks like it's no longer rare, because it apparently got repressed. Oh well.

But that aside, gently caress yeah, Mummies. They keep the pedal to the metal at all times. On a similar and coincidental note, I was spinning Supercharger's "Goes Way Out" LP (also 90s garage punk) about an hour ago. Supercharger's every bit as good as the Mummies, in my humble opinion; their LPs and singles are all catchy-as-gently caress scorchers. It's a shame they're even more unknown and under-the-radar than the Mummies.

Also, The Fall. Also gently caress yeah. Easily a top-10 fave band ever.

Anyway, time to drink some more--already kinda drunk, because it's 'MURICA DAY--and listen to side B of "Dub Housing."

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
Yeah, I got lucky with that Mummies LP since it was priced cheap and it's one of the original pressings, but it really doesn't matter now. The shop I picked that up at had a Supercharger LP that I may pick up now that I have some more money.

Also the shop that had Slates also had all of these but they were poached by a friend of mine who got there earlier.

reichsten
Jan 13, 2010

Chill Callahan posted:

Nice! Curious, how much did you pay for that MX-80 Sound? I never found it in person and ended up ordering off discogs, paid $30 all in, which seemed fair to me considering I've literally never seen it in a shop. Did you find it in the wild?

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
I found it for $15 at Beautiful World Syndicate in Philadelphia. I got lucky cause there was a guy in there buying up a huge stack of records for what I guess was for his shop since this place had such good prices. He hadn't checked the stack I was digging in, thankfully.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

reichsten posted:

Nice! Curious, how much did you pay for that MX-80 Sound? I never found it in person and ended up ordering off discogs, paid $30 all in, which seemed fair to me considering I've literally never seen it in a shop. Did you find it in the wild?

Really? That's one of the albums I found in the wild in my college town when I first got my record player years ago and I was just looking for interesting and cheap albums. The sleeve is beat to hell, with a corner cut, and is emblazoned with a sticker from a no-longer extant radio station. So its not like I'd get much for it but it plays fine enough. From the same haul, and with the same stickers, I found a copy of Big Dipper's "Boo-Boo" e.p. (well before any of their stuff became back in print with that excellent Matador complation), and My Dad Is Dead's "The Taller You Are..." . So maybe I just stumbled upon the elephant graveyard of college rock.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Cloks posted:

Has anybody who pre-ordered the deluxe edition of Trouble Will Find Me gotten any shipping information?

Ugh no. I got an email (which I think they sent to everyone) at the beginning of June saying the release had been pushed into July after I emailed them asking for an update.

I've only had great experiences with 4AD in the past so I'm willing to cut them some slack here, but they could've handled this better.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Chill Callahan posted:

Yeah, I got lucky with that Mummies LP since it was priced cheap and it's one of the original pressings, but it really doesn't matter now. The shop I picked that up at had a Supercharger LP that I may pick up now that I have some more money.

Also the shop that had Slates also had all of these but they were poached by a friend of mine who got there earlier.

Oof, so jealous.

dutch wife abc
Apr 25, 2012
On a related note, how god drat hard is it actually to score a vinyl copy of Hex?

DIS IS WAT I'VE HAULED:

Flea market find, about ten euros for the lot

izationalizer
Jul 2, 2012

dutch wife abc posted:

On a related note, how god drat hard is it actually to score a vinyl copy of Hex?

Nice haul; I love that Sparks, and Sparks in general.

As far as Hex goes, it's harder than it used to be (or demand for vinyl in general has grown, anyway, so $$$). I'm glad I got mine--as well as all my other Fall records and a gently caress-ton of other poo poo--on eBay 8-10 years ago, before prices starting going through the roof.* I think Hex can auction for north of $50 these days, and I've never seen it in a record store, although the fact that I live in the US probably has a lot to do with that. There was a reissue on Earmark in ~2005, but I believe it's OOP now.

Also, I got three records in the mail today, all ordered and shipped separately. I think that ties my "record":

I wish the Celibate Rifles ("Quintessentially Yours" comp.) would've arrived today, though. That's what I'm most in the mood to listen to.

*Which is definitely not to say that it was all insanely dirt cheap; it was not. But it was cheaper.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Celibate Rifles are loving awesome. Criminally under appreciated.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Chill Callahan posted:

Nowhere and HEaven or Las Vegas are on my gotta buy list right now.

Here are my recent purchases and my nasty carpet. Not pictured: Sugarcubes and House of Love tapes I got at Goodwill

Jealous of that Shop Assistants record!!

double edit: and apparently the deluxe version of Hardcore Devo is "going" (aka people are selling it for) $150+ on eBay and Discogs now. There's like literally nothing different about it aside from the poster and red vinyl what the hell

The Doo Do Chasers fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 6, 2013

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

double edit: and apparently the deluxe version of Hardcore Devo is "going" (aka people are selling it for) $150+ on eBay and Discogs now. There's like literally nothing different about it aside from the poster and red vinyl what the hell

You must be new here.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

Nah I just usually ignore the boring posts.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
Looks like the dude who was doing the Star Wars Episode 1 records has started refunding people. He CLAIMS it's because the manufacturing process is taking so long and it's not fair to old onto people's money or something. I think he's finally realized he doesn't want to die someday with thousands of unsold Phantom Menace records in his basement and cancelled it.

That or Disney came in and said "No."

The Doo Do Chasers posted:

Nah I just usually ignore the boring posts.

Is this really the first time you've noticed vinyl flippers? You can see people trying to sell limited records for 2-10x what they paid for it before the records even physically exist.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

Kevar posted:

Is this really the first time you've noticed vinyl flippers? You can see people trying to sell limited records for 2-10x what they paid for it before the records even physically exist.

Nah I've been in this thread since the last one at least so I totally get it. Its just the first time I've experienced it first hand so I'm kinda dismayed. I usually don't buy new albums FIY

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I've just realised I can record my LPs to my computer today :downs: This is totally rad.

Lungs
Dec 20, 2005

Chill Callahan posted:

Nice. How much did Developer set you back? Silkworm vinyl is hard enough to come by in my part of the world. Probably my favourite Cocteaus album too.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Rare Desertshore (with Mark Kozelek) vinyl just went up. Site is getting hammered.

http://shop.desertshoreband.com/main.sc

knulla
Jun 6, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Rare Desertshore (with Mark Kozelek) vinyl just went up. Site is getting hammered.

http://shop.desertshoreband.com/main.sc

REALLY good.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Lungs posted:

Nice. How much did Developer set you back? Silkworm vinyl is hard enough to come by in my part of the world. Probably my favourite Cocteaus album too.

Developer was $30 but I got it through a nice trade-in deal, so I don't feel too bad about the price.

wavvy
Jul 25, 2011

The needle on the Onkyo CP-101A I got at Goodwill keeps sliding/skipping back across the record whenever it finishes a side, I've tried adjusting the little weight at the back of the tonearm and the anti-skip setting some but I don't really know what I'm doing. For what it's worth it wasn't doing this before I moved it across the room and possibly bumped it once or twice.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Does it have automatic return and a broken cue lift?

wavvy
Jul 25, 2011

Me in Reverse posted:

Does it have automatic return and a broken cue lift?

Yeah, automatic return, but the cue lift works just fine. Also after adjusting some tonearm weight stuff I made it so now the needle avoids most of the record but it still slides pretty harshly over the inner grooves.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I don't usually jump on things like this, but this sounds way too cool to pass up, and I had to share. Seriously looking forward to this.

Dumb Numbers
https://soundcloud.com/joyful-noise-recordings/05-dumb-numbers-redrum

Joyful Noise posted:

It is our great pleasure to introduce a new addition to the Joyful Noise roster: Dumb Numbers-- a new project from Australian songwriter Adam Harding, featuring Lou Barlow (Sebadoh, Dinosaur Jr., Folk Implosion), Dale Crover (Melvins), Murph (Dinosaur Jr.), Bobb Bruno (Best Coast), CR Matheny (Emperor X) and others. With album photography by David Lynch. Have you ever seen such ridiculous name-droppage?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Ordered. Taking a punt as it sounds like something I would be way into. Here's hoping I score one of those David Lynch prints!

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

I think I've bought everything Joyful Noise have emailed me about this year...

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
I'm in a quandary, I've just received a somewhat rare truly "mint" record. Never even opened.

Sealed since 1959.

Thanks to the miracle of the internet I know what it looks like and sounds like so I don't need to open it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zpJ1mg2-Eg
...but then what's the point of owning it. I've become one of THOSE people :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Anyone want to pre-order the new Titus Andronicus album? It comes out in November. 2014.

http://titusandronicus.bigcartel.com/product/lp4-pre-order