Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
To be fair, he got better at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I do think that we need to remember that Reynardine is a trickster spirit through and through. He may not be down with murder or be an inherently evil person, but he clearly sees nothing wrong with putting some schmuck through the paddle-machine, as it were.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
It also took time for Renard to get as close to Annie as he's become. If he's known Hetty long enough, he once may have more in common with her than he's comfortable about feeling now.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Whoops, wrong thread somehow

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

ras ras

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 221 days!
This Adam dude could also be a genuine rear end in a top hat. And/or Hetty may be unable to do real harm. Either way, I get the idea that she attaches herself to Renard whenever he's out and about.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

Hodgepodge posted:

This Adam dude could also be a genuine rear end in a top hat. And/or Hetty may be unable to do real harm. Either way, I get the idea that she attaches herself to Renard whenever he's out and about.

I'm actually guessing that the Adam dude is yet another doll or something entirely artificial. I always go for the longshots, but I could see Renard being willing to cooperate with all this because "Uh, she's playing mischievous pranks on an automaton, who cares."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Glass fiber wouldn't have any effect on an artificial being.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
How do you know? How many artificial beings have you asked lately?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Adam is Hetty's pet name for Boxbot. Suddenly she is a hero.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad Frank Miller doesn't make Gunnerkreigg Court

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pins and needles, matches and lighter fluid. What could she be up to.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Roland Jones posted:

I think she's just keeping her options open at this point. Unless she's way more malevolently creative than I am, which is entirely possible.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Roland Jones posted:

Remember that part in Gremlins 2 where Gizmo kills one of the gremlins with a flaming arrow? So does Hetty.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hetty, Reynard, you know you could just BUY these things for a few dollars, right?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Unless Hetty is planning a miniature BBQ I really don't see this ending well.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Somewhere in the Court there is a very frustrated stocker-robot wondering how on earth the stock keeps disappearing.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

SynthOrange posted:

Hetty, Reynard, you know you could just BUY these things for a few dollars, right?

I don't imagine they have allowances. They'd have to steal money to be able to afford this stuff anyways.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

SynthOrange posted:

That doesn't sound like much fun.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Because of Hetty the entire court catches on fire. Annie, being a fire elemental, survives, but is massively traumatized. She then uses her elementalness to burn down the entire forest. It ends after Coyote defeats her, even when crippled.

The series ends.

It was all a very elaborate fire safety PSA.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
No Reynard, don't carry the combustible fluid for the evil murderdoll.

I love that panel of him standing on his hind legs to pick the lock. Has he been shown using his picks in wolf form before?

T-man posted:

The only survivor on the forest side apart from Coyote is a bear in a hat who just looks sadly at the ashes.

Daktar fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jul 8, 2013

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

T-man posted:

Because of Hetty the entire court catches on fire. Annie, being a fire elemental, survives, but is massively traumatized. She then uses her elementalness to burn down the entire forest. It ends after Coyote defeats her, even when crippled.

The series ends.

He really is the king of foreshadowing :tinfoil:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Daktar posted:

I love that panel of him standing on his hind legs to pick the lock. Has he been shown using his picks in wolf form before?

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=405 :v:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Still waiting on those "Born to Heckle" T-shirts.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

T-man posted:

There was only one smoke detector, and the batteries had been dead for years. If only someone had checked it :fireman:.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

We don't serve... your kind here.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Goodness, Hetty is a rotten sort, isn't she?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

There was only one smoke detector, and the batteries had been dead for years. If only someone had checked it :fireman:.

Yeah, guess which robot was in charge of maintaining the fire alarms.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Hoo boy. Hetty is going to go too far and cause some damage, then people will find evidence of Renard. I just know it! :ohdear:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Sorta worried that she's going to use all of those things and make a tiny pipe bomb.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm worried hetty's going to kill someone and renard's going to be seen as guilty for being an accomplice or even possibly blamed as the perpetrator. Which would make it impossible for Annie to keep him at the court anymore.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I'm worried hetty's going to kill someone and renard's going to be seen as guilty for being an accomplice or even possibly blamed as the perpetrator. Which would make it impossible for Annie to keep him at the court anymore.

I'm pretty sure that the court is highly invested in keeping Renard from leaving.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Well they wouldn't send him back, but it would definitely be an excuse to curb his privileges or something. They can't take him from Annie because of the whole ownership thing in the first place.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Or he could be letting her dig herself in deep enough then rat her out. Coyote remarked that Renard loved humans; historically he has protected Annie and her friends from other members of the forest. He may end up letting someone know what Hetty's up to; the end result being that he's almost entirely alone when Annie isn't around.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

gunnerkrigg posted:

Heck yeah! Annie In The Forest is back in stock at Topatoco! I got a bunch reprinted, so there are plenty available!

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=GK-AITFP1&Category_Code=GK

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Couldn't resist. Bought a copy, here's hoping the rest of the series isn't too far off!

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Bought a copy too; paid almost as much for (the cheapest) shipping (option available) than for the book. This better be worth it, Siddell :mad:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

seravid posted:

Bought a copy too; paid almost as much for (the cheapest) shipping (option available) than for the book. This better be worth it, Siddell :mad:

Dude, it's Gunnerkrigg Court, of course it'll be worth it.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

seravid posted:

It is. Short, but worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Maybe it's Brinnie's house? I don't think he'd regularly check if it was just a ~reminiscing moment~ for Surma.