Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

I was expecting a Jesus dildo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kakairo posted:

I was expecting a Jesus dildo...

You mean this?

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/yjxGo73.jpg :nws:

Or this?

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/EIqC5a1.jpg :nws:

DrinkMoreBeer
Jan 23, 2006

by toby

My reaction to this was to say Jesus loving Christ. Which happens to be rather accurate.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I'm not sure what church you went to, but that is clearly Elmer Fudd wearing a Burka

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Yes, because this...

...is clearly a Mary butt plug. Know your holy sex toys (and which holes they go into)! :eng101:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Kakairo posted:

Know your holy sex toys

Oh yeah? Pop quiz, hotshot:

SplitSoul has a new favorite as of 04:32 on Jul 7, 2013

Effingham
Aug 1, 2006

The bells of the Gion Temple echo the impermanence of all things...

Strudel Man posted:

This one is "jumping jesus on a pogo stick."

Well, if he has the same luck with those things that I did, he WILL be on a crutch.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

SplitSoul posted:

Oh yeah? Pop quiz, hotshot:

I hope it's called The Bible Thumper.

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

These are actual things you can purchase, if you are so inclined.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm really disappointed they didn't call the Jesus ones "Cruci-dicks"

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Snowy posted:

Indeed

Hydrolith posted:

These are actual things you can purchase, if you are so inclined.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Man of Steel nips

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

The MSJ posted:

Man of Steel nips

He's just stealing Powdered Toast Man's power. Those are his nipples of the future.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Jamesman posted:

He's just stealing Powdered Toast Man's power. Those are his nipples of the future.

Wasn't that Really Really Big Man?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Going back and looking at cartoons I watched when I was younger is freaking scary.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Yeah, that's the right guy.

More content: Jennifer Lawrence playing with herself.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

You... you shut up. :(

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Snowy posted:

I'm guessing the page is at Revelations 3:11. :v:

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Stoatbringer posted:

I'm guessing the page is at Revelations 3:11. :v:

You're good people.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

:haw:

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Doesn't it just bother you a little bit how the names are over the wrong actors?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I think there was a thread, or at least a derail, about that particular annoying aspect of movie posters.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

I think there was a thread, or at least a derail, about that particular annoying aspect of movie posters.

It's a frequent subject in the movie posters thread in CineD.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
"One time, in biology class, we were doing synovial biopsies, and this one girl..."

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them

Rollersnake posted:

"One time, in biology class, we were doing synovial biopsies, and this one girl..."

There's a fetish for every one of those answers, isn't there?

(How to make a dozen goons google "stumpfuckers"!)

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

This is more suited for the awkward and ugly thread. PEE-U!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tochiazuma posted:

Have you seen my owl? I've looked in every tree I can find around here...

I was at the National Zoo a few weeks back and they have a burrow owl exhibit. A lady next to me said "I didn't know owl's lived in the ground" and it was all I could do to not say "Jumpin' Jesus on a Pogo Stick! Everybody knows that a burrow owl lives in a hole in the ground! Why the hell do you think they call it a burrow owl?"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
If some large corporations used the same font as your office's secretary when she writes a friendly reminder note about the fridge in the break room being emptied this Friday:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Walt Disney looks alright. MTV even looks really good in a 90s animation kind of way.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Oh sweet jesus.

Sending that to a graphic designer friend of mine. Expecting a seething reply within minutes.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Captain Trips posted:

Oh sweet jesus.

Sending that to a graphic designer friend of mine. Expecting a seething reply within minutes.

Also send the Photoshop Phriday: Comic Sans Everywhere!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Walt Disney looks alright. MTV even looks really good in a 90s animation kind of way.

Yeah, the issue with those photoshops, as talked about by somebody in the photoshop thread that produced the images above, is that Comic Sans actually does have conceivable uses. It's terrible for long-form text and most things attempting to be serious, but it's really good for 'friendly' logos and other short-form stuff.

Comic Sans was actually based on the handwriting used in Watchmen. So that should both give you an idea of its intended setting, and what's been ruined by it more than anything else Comic Sans has ever touched.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

My Lovely Horse posted:

It would have saved millions of kids the confusion of Walp Gisnep

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, the issue with those photoshops, as talked about by somebody in the photoshop thread that produced the images above, is that Comic Sans actually does have conceivable uses. It's terrible for long-form text and most things attempting to be serious, but it's really good for 'friendly' logos and other short-form stuff.

Comic Sans was actually based on the handwriting used in Watchmen. So that should both give you an idea of its intended setting, and what's been ruined by it more than anything else Comic Sans has ever touched.

Yeah it's not a readable of legible font it's a font with a specific use (mimicking comicy hand writing). It also doesn't look good blown up. People misuse it and it looks like poo poo, people use a whole page of it and its just difficult to read so it looks like poo poo.

Whatever though comic sans is nothing compared to Papyrus.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cleretic posted:

Yeah, the issue with those photoshops, as talked about by somebody in the photoshop thread that produced the images above, is that Comic Sans actually does have conceivable uses. It's terrible for long-form text

Actually people with certain brain problems can apparently read Comic Sans more easily than other fonts or actual handwriting.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

FishBulb posted:

Whatever though comic sans is nothing compared to Papyrus.

:laugh:

EDIT:
Famous Logos in Jokerman Font
Famous Logos in Algerian Font
Famous Logos in Helvetica

Palpek has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Jul 8, 2013

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Jerry Cotton posted:

Actually people with certain brain problems can apparently read Comic Sans more easily than other fonts or actual handwriting.

I know I was told in teacher training that if a pupil has certain dyslexic-type difficulties then you should use sans serif fonts for power points and stuff. So not specifically comic sans, but thats the one that was given as an example, and so the one everyone used because most people dont really know what "Sans Serif" means and using the default sans font is quicker than looking it up.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

It kinda works. Like shops you see in one of those rich people areas where they want everything to look classy and meet a theme.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pageerror404 posted:

It kinda works. Like shops you see in one of those rich people areas where they want everything to look classy and meet a theme.

No it does not! And you're a terrible person for thinking it does!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Palpek posted:

The CNN logo looks like it was drawn in crayon.

• Locked thread