Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
iTunes accidentally put episode 6 up early for a bit. I don't want to spoil anything other than to say it is by far the best episode of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Djarum posted:

iTunes accidentally put episode 6 up early for a bit. I don't want to spoil anything other than to say it is by far the best episode of the season.

The ghost of Stebe rains his blessings upon us!

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
That better not be a spoiler :gonk: !

Djarum posted:

How did you notice, anyways? So that I can take advantage of it next time?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

X_Toad posted:

That better not be a spoiler :gonk: !

Bought the season pass and had automatic downloads setup. I was just lucky I guess. It looks like I wasn't the only one who got it.

I wish I could talk to someone about it already! Crime Robot! Collectable Deanie Baby.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

X_Toad posted:

All that matters is that someone on the internet has it... :ssh:

Djarum posted:

Bought the season pass and had automatic downloads setup. I was just lucky I guess. It looks like I wasn't the only one who got it.

I wish I could talk to someone about it already! Crime Robot! Collectable Deanie Baby.

Is it possible to set something in an asylum without making a Chief throwing a water fountain joke? It's been done so many times it's circled back around to being funny. Pretty sure it was the tiptoes indian from the tryouts last season, too.

Also I didn't know John Hodgeman was Snoopy last episode and also MaybeMan this one.

RADICAL LEFT :argh:

Edit:

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 6, 2013

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Oh my god, DERMOT KNOWS

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Pope Guilty posted:

Oh my god, DERMOT KNOWS

About Rusty? Dermot knew when he was introduced. His last line in his first episode was "Are you sure he's my real father?"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Damnit, I accidentally passed over some spoiler text. You guys suck :(

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Nemo posted:

About Rusty? Dermot knew when he was introduced. His last line in his first episode was "Are you sure he's my real father?"

No, he thought she meant Brock.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Pope Guilty posted:

No, he thought she meant Brock.
No, we're meant to think that, but the audience doesn't find out who the "he" Dermott is talking about is until later

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Ugh god I hate you guys so much right now

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
This week's episode is great, but nothing in it made me as happy as having two scenes with Dr. Orpheus.

Between Radical Left and Maybe Man, that asylum had a very high concentration of great characters.

Pope Guilty posted:

Oh my god, DERMOT KNOWS

More importantly, after the post-credits and Doc's confession to Hatred, everyone in the Venture household knows (again, in Hank's case).

Really excited to see what this week's shirt is. Still need to order an OSI one though.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

RandallODim posted:

Really excited to see what this week's shirt is.

I'd hope it was Radical Left, but we all know it will be the tattoo design for Momma's Boys

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Nemo posted:

No, we're meant to think that, but the audience doesn't find out who the "he" Dermott is talking about is until later

Later in the season, Dermot reacts to learning that something belonged to Brock by suddenly wanting it. Also I don't think his "mom" told him who his dad is, only that he lived up the road at the Venture Compound. Dermot assumed that was Brock, because good god, who would you choose?

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
Also, in "Everybody Comes to Hank's", Dermot tells Hank that Brock is his real father.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Honestly I almost wish I hadn't watched it because now it's EIGHT DAYS till we have a chance of seeing where that's going.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

GD_American posted:

I'd hope it was Radical Left, but we all know it will be the tattoo design for Momma's Boys

Yup I am almost certain it's going to be that. I wish it would be the Teddy logo.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

RandallODim posted:

Between Radical Left and Maybe Man, that asylum had a very high concentration of great characters.

Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo CLOCK!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Episode 6 is still up on the UK iTunes store, so if anyone has access to a non-US store you might still be in luck for snaffling the episode early.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
The somewhat subtle 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' reference near the end is why I love this show.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

EatinCake posted:

The somewhat subtle 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' reference near the end is why I love this show.

Not so subtle.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
That scene near the end between Hank and Dean really made me think about how much they've grown apart.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
The TV IV > Venture Bros Season V:spoilers spoilers spoilers

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Protagorean posted:

The TV IV > Venture Bros Season V:spoilers spoilers spoilers

That totally needs to be the next thread title.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
I love the spoilers, it's been enough to pique my curiousity but nothing episode-ruining for me. Hearing it's a contender for best of the season has me incredibly hyped, in fact. So thanks guys, for keeping it mild in here.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Doll Withdrawal

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god, this is an awesome episode.

TEDDY!

M_E_G. ADI. K
Dec 11, 2006

I can't help but imagine that at least one person has spoilered 'I haven't seen it yet but I want to feel included so spoilering this. Hi Monday-morning goons!'.

But I'm not going to be the one to check.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

M_E_G. ADI. K posted:

I can't help but imagine that at least one person has spoilered 'I haven't seen it yet but I want to feel included so spoilering this. Hi Monday-morning goons!'.

But I'm not going to be the one to check.
Not yet, you could have been the first!

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
So, I haven't seen it yet but I want to feel included so spoilering this. Hi Monday-morning goons!

Yeah, sorry. Lots of Dean in that episode : yay or nay?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

X_Toad posted:

So, I haven't seen it yet but I want to feel included so spoilering this. Hi Monday-morning goons!

Yeah, sorry. Lots of Dean in that episode : yay or nay?

Yay. Although I think Hank steals the show.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Djarum posted:

Yay. Although I think Hank steals the show.

The episode was very Hank.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Doc had some good moments too.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I've always thought Dean was a more plot driven character than a comedic one, so its pretty easy for Hank to steal the show.

My favorite part of the episode was Dermott reciting all the different Taco Bell slogans. It makes me giggle every time I think about it.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

Doc had some good moments too.

Yes, Doc was also very Hank. Enriquo Matassa was the most Hank of all.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Reading this last page was like reading a FOIA request.

Lintwhite
Oct 15, 2007

"Hey, don't put your heteronormative, gender-biased hang-ups on me, man! Boys can play dress-up too." Oh, Hank. :allears:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
Hank's character has really come a long way, I probably like him the most out of the cast these days especially after his whole this isnt so bad one time david bowie shape shifted into an eagle and killed a guy on my lawn speech.

or something to that effect.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

We really need to get this thread stickied every Sunday night. Also, Christmas candles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Hey, don't put your heteronormative, gender-biased hang-ups on me, man!

Also, holy poo poo Rusty's sexting bit.