Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

kastein posted:

Dude, the Sebring already exists.

:iceburn:

The Sebring is the unholy spawn of people that don't give a poo poo about cars but think "Convertible! ooh oooh oooooh :btroll:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The Sebring sells because it's like ten grand cheaper than any other convertible that's not a Miata.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

EightBit posted:

The Sebring is the unholy spawn of people that don't give a poo poo about cars but think "Convertible! ooh oooh oooooh :btroll:"

"I like it, it's sporty!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A guy I know just bought a pile of poo poo Suzuki X-90 entirely based on it being a convertible.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

EightBit posted:

I had a manager tell me that he was glad he didn't have kids so he could afford to have a sporty convertible. I asked, well, what kind of convertible is it?

Sebring.

Man I hope he didn't get the snip.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Fixed. And all I can say is... wtf?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

I spotted one in the wild! Posted it earlier in this thread. :)

Edit:

CharlesM posted:

Saw an Acura TL with a convertible conversion / racing stripe yesterday!

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

evobatman posted:

It's ALWAYS a Fiero.

Look what turned up at Cars & Coffee Minneapolis this morning. We couldn't decide if he should go in the motorcycle or the domestic section.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That thing really needs a radiator shield, one pebble or stick kicked up wrong and the owner is going to be watching a tow truck driver trying to decide what the gently caress he's supposed to do with this drat thing.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

Reminds me of one at a show back in 2010.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

kastein posted:

That thing really needs a radiator shield, one pebble or stick kicked up wrong and the owner is going to be watching a tow truck driver trying to decide what the gently caress he's supposed to do with this drat thing.

Set it on fire, hopefully.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
^ Hence the tow truck.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

EightBit posted:

I see your Sebring and raise you

PT Cruiser Convertible. :barf:

Who green lit this idea? Lets take a abortion of a car, and make a abortion of a convertible out of it! It's like a suck black hole.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Fart Pipe posted:

No doubt, there is a Murano convertible at one of the places I work at and I never thought I would see one in person.

The Murano Crosscab is so close but still so far from being good. I'd love to see a convertible small SUV with actual offroad chops, like the Bronco or the Scout.

(Yes, I love the Wrangler dearly, but I'd love to see some competition in that field.)

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

The Murano Crosscab is so close but still so far from being good. I'd love to see a convertible small SUV with actual offroad chops, like the Bronco or the Scout.

(Yes, I love the Wrangler dearly, but I'd love to see some competition in that field.)

Yeah, someone needs to light a fire under the asses of Chrysler/Jeep; the current Wranglers are OK performance-wise, but the interiors are cheap and the drat things are bloated.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Aurune posted:

PT Cruiser Convertible. :barf:

Who green lit this idea? Lets take a abortion of a car, and make a abortion of a convertible out of it! It's like a suck black hole.

Golf and Beetle convertibles have always sold well, and in someone's mind the PT Cruiser was the Chrysler equivalent of the Golf, therefore

Also, as far as a convertible SUV with offroad, when you go off road in a convertible, you get dirt, leaves and crap all over your interior. The last thing you want is super-fancy insides that can't be hosed off.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
It's a dedicated off-road/mud vehicle that is already very cheap, the cheapest on the market in fact. What kind of loving cashmere and velour interior were you expecting? If you're going to go buy a G-wagen because you don't like the interior well then Chrysler's probably OK with it.

The secret to Chrysler/FIAT profitability is re-using the same touchscreen radio in every car.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

kastein posted:

Fixed. And all I can say is... wtf?

Thanks, what did I do wrong?

It had a "stallion" badge on the Rear, btw

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Throatwarbler posted:

The secret to Chrysler/FIAT profitability is re-using the same touchscreen radio in every car.

I thought most car makers did this?

I know the same stereo that's in my 2006 Saturn was used in drat near every 06-12 GM product that didn't have navigation but had a CD player - i.e. everything except work vehicles (the only difference is the Ion version got an orange display instead of cyan). Same stereo that was in my 01 Accord was used in every Accord/Civic/Prelude of the era. Ford does the same, AFAIK.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
GM people were PISSED that Saab developed their own radios and nav systems, and still couldn't figure out why they kept losing money.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

EightBit posted:

Yeah, someone needs to light a fire under the asses of Chrysler/Jeep; the current Wranglers are OK performance-wise, but the interiors are cheap and the drat things are bloated.

The interiors are cheap for a reason and... you can blame ever-increasing safety regulations for the bloated size of many modern cars.

BraveUlysses posted:

Thanks, what did I do wrong?

It had a "stallion" badge on the Rear, btw

You used the "email/IM" link instead of the direct link for each image tag - for example http://imgur.com/blurf instead of http://i.imgur.com/blurf.jpg

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Throatwarbler posted:

I had to create the training course to teach salesmen how to use those UConnects, so I'll always hate them for that reason. But, yeah, many car makers are sharing their dash/radio components across the board now.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
The new Wrangler interiors are really nice places to be, 100% acceptable for a SUV.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006

kastein posted:

The interiors are cheap for a reason and... you can blame ever-increasing safety regulations for the bloated size of many modern cars.

Cheap to make them resist the rigors of trail riding doesn't make sense, my TJ's interior is dated now but never felt cheap the way the interior of every JK I've seen has. So much lovely molded plastic.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

From the "duct tape fixes everything" files:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

meatpimp posted:

From the "duct tape fixes everything" files:

I like the one piece of tape wrapping up the hood that obviously has nothing to do with the rest of it. Also how do you gently caress your front plate up that bad and not have the plastic bumper just, you know, turn to loving dust?

e: The more I look at this picture the more questions I have. It seriously looks like parts from 5 similar cars that were in the same wreck were swapped onto a perfectly good car and then covered in duct tape. Those wet spots on the pavement under all that 'handiwork' look fresh, too, but I don't think there are any fluid lines anywhere near the bumper on that Ac'.

:psyduck:

double edit: Holy poo poo even the A-pillar is tweaked Jesus gently caress (and the mud spray on the side is a nice touch...)

Farmdizzle fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 7, 2013

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

EightBit posted:

A more utilitarian interior would be nice, and more diesel options

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
E: dp

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

CommieGIR posted:

A more utilitarian interior would be nice, and more diesel options

I thought there was a rumor the Wrangler might get the diesel that's slated for the Grand Cherokee.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

YF19pilot posted:

I thought there was a rumor the Wrangler might get the diesel that's slated for the Grand Cherokee.

We've already got the diesel Wrangler :australia: :smug:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I was followed by a Prius with "eyelashes" today. Haven't seen this before.

(not my picture)

When looking for an image online, I found something even worse.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Spotted at the local grocery store....

A little old lady who could barely walk was the owner of it.... sad

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

`Nemesis posted:

Spotted at the local grocery store....

A little old lady who could barely walk was the owner of it.... sad

At what point does hoarding spill over from your house into your car? I mean, what makes people think "Well, the house is full, but there's plenty of space in the car I use to drive everywhere, let's fill it with trash from the Reagan Era"?

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

Devyl posted:

At what point does hoarding spill over from your house into your car? I mean, what makes people think "Well, the house is full, but there's plenty of space in the car I use to drive everywhere, let's fill it with trash from the Reagan Era"?

Hey, at least she realizes she can never use the passenger side mirror anymore. Might as well remove it (it is probably inside the car somewhere is my bet)

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
There's a guy's car around here that's as full as this one. Pretty sure the guy lives in the car.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Farmdizzle posted:

I like the one piece of tape wrapping up the hood that obviously has nothing to do with the rest of it. Also how do you gently caress your front plate up that bad and not have the plastic bumper just, you know, turn to loving dust?

e: The more I look at this picture the more questions I have. It seriously looks like parts from 5 similar cars that were in the same wreck were swapped onto a perfectly good car and then covered in duct tape. Those wet spots on the pavement under all that 'handiwork' look fresh, too, but I don't think there are any fluid lines anywhere near the bumper on that Ac'.

:psyduck:

double edit: Holy poo poo even the A-pillar is tweaked Jesus gently caress (and the mud spray on the side is a nice touch...)

I think it's all from the same car, just the fender got pushed back by the collision and then caved in when the door lip grabbed it the next time it was opened.

Analogue Kid
Jan 4, 2013

FuzzKill posted:

Hey, at least she realizes she can never use the passenger side mirror anymore. Might as well remove it (it is probably inside the car somewhere is my bet)

Pretty sure it was ripped off driving too close to something. No way she would have the effort to remove a mirror just because she isn't using it

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I just noticed the window is open. How bad was the smell? I've noticed hoarders' houses range from 'slightly skunky' to 'sticking a pound of ground beef under the sink in a small trashcan, adding a cup of water, leaving it covered for a month, then taking a huge sniff'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

You Am I posted:

We've already got the diesel Wrangler :australia: :smug:

Yeah, and it's $48k

:notsosmug: