Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Protagorean posted:

What computer are you using? The monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey?

I have no clue. I'm in the horse head in that last screenshot and I saw like 3 frames the whole fight. Notice how I'm the only person *not* activating a skill.

VV

mkd131 posted:

but I'm pre-NM so I only contribute like 800 dps anyway.

I'm post-post-post NM and I can't break 400DPS on those fights.

Reverend Dr fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkd131
Apr 24, 2008

Protagorean posted:

What computer are you using? The monolith from 2001: A Space Odyssey?

On a Radeon 7970 and I was getting 5 fps as well with all the aoe effects going off. I should really disable them, but I'm pre-NM so I only contribute like 800 dps anyway.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I love how many people this is bringing to the Signet market. Somebody listed a blue Aggression (normally 6 mil) at 1.5 mil, and then two more people listed under that.

Money!

**Also, I'd hold off on buying Signets until after today, see how many people are going to be running these on the extended time. Prices keep going down!

Cheston fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jul 7, 2013

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
Is it worth keeping the blue Abuse I got in a bag today for my Leech build or should I sell it before the prices crash further?

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I think it's a pretty safe bet that the prices will jump back up once this event is over.

Fasheem
Feb 19, 2007

Misjah's quest timer mod is the best. Wish I'd known about it when I was running Tyler Freeborn over and over.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fasheem posted:

Misjah's quest timer mod is the best. Wish I'd known about it when I was running Tyler Freeborn over and over.
With 5 characters times 8 bosses it gets hilariously cluttered, too. It's good I don't have time for this now :haw:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Everything but Fusang cleared :smithicide:

Have a pretty chill picture I got from a golem fight.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Should have worn a helmet.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Welp, got a Shem of the Raging Torrent. Hahaha, talk about amazing luck, on my 4th boss, too.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Apparently 2,000 sustained dps leaves you waiting for respawns on ghouls. :negative:

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Whatever idiot thought Flare Guns were a good prize should be strangled. I want my last pet drat you.

(My apologies to those who haven't got any yet, but the RNG god has swung between getting pets first try and giving me flare guns 24/7 this event).

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Not So Fast posted:

Whatever idiot thought Flare Guns were a good prize should be strangled. I want my last pet drat you.

(My apologies to those who haven't got any yet, but the RNG god has swung between getting pets first try and giving me flare guns 24/7 this event).

If the bags were bound to your character and had a 24 hour cooldown on collecting ii would agree. But two hours, them being tradeable and require little effort makes me like them the way they are.

On the note of trading, I will do a one for one, based on the bags region. I have all the pets and clothes, so I'm just hoarding until these bags get rare after the event is over.

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk
I'm going to start playing for the first time with someone who wants to be a healer. Any suggestions as to what sort of build(s) we should go for?

Also, is there anything in particular a new player should be doing before the end of the anniversary? If there are cool bonuses or whatever it'd be a shame to miss out on them, despite being completely new to the game.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Bursk posted:

I'm going to start playing for the first time with someone who wants to be a healer. Any suggestions as to what sort of build(s) we should go for?

Also, is there anything in particular a new player should be doing before the end of the anniversary? If there are cool bonuses or whatever it'd be a shame to miss out on them, despite being completely new to the game.

Kill each boss once and collect the lore associated with the event at the minimum. This will cover the achiements, the bosses also have a chance to drop clothes and pets that are unique to the event.

The bosses are also worth a healthy chunk of XP, even at low levels.

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk
And will my playing partner and I be able to do this pretty soon after we complete the tutorial, or is there anything else we should get done before going after the bosses?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Bursk posted:

And will my playing partner and I be able to do this pretty soon after we complete the tutorial, or is there anything else we should get done before going after the bosses?

The "tutorial" ends at the Sheriff's office in Kingsmouth, so once you finish there (you talk to... Bannerman?), you'll be able to meet up on people and go crazy. You'll have to run all over the place finding anima wells/agartha entrances, though.

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk
Okay, thanks. We're going to start playing tomorrow evening, so I think I'll search online before then to see what dps-type builds are good for someone new to the game (I figure dps will go well with a healer).

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

So what are the chances I'll see Fusang today for the golem there? I only need that one and the one from the Besieged Farmlands to round out my kills.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

xanthan posted:

So what are the chances I'll see Fusang today for the golem there? I only need that one and the one from the Besieged Farmlands to round out my kills.

Zero, people are reporting ques of 12+ hours. Funcom broke something with the match making for Fusang, coupled with there are only two instances of it and your only allowed into one AND the population cap is about 30 per side. Its best to wait until a server downtime or Tuesday when a fix is supposed to happen to address it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Here's me being a lovely person but:

I have this wonderful find about tacos I want to post in gif form here, but I don't have the internet recommended Photoshop, only GIMP, which generates 5+ MB files. Obviously that won't work, so if anyone here has a handy dandy link on how to properly make a low-size, nice quality gif (such as the taco one from page 7) I'd be grateful and also stop threadshitting.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Bursk posted:

Regarding the healer, if your buddy is aiming to heal the dungeons and all that, at least in my opinion it's easiest to start with fist and expand into blood. Assault rifle leeching is okay too but seems to take better gear to get full use out of it. Though assault rifle healing also contributes damage so if you don't care much about the dungeons, pick that.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Here's me being a lovely person but:

I have this wonderful find about tacos I want to post in gif form here, but I don't have the internet recommended Photoshop, only GIMP, which generates 5+ MB files. Obviously that won't work, so if anyone here has a handy dandy link on how to properly make a low-size, nice quality gif (such as the taco one from page 7) I'd be grateful and also stop threadshitting.

Well, Gizmodo did mention that Adobe disabled the activation servers for Creative Suite 2. Granted, its old software, but if you had it at one point...

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
A little PSA for new goons regarding black bullion:

There is an awful rumor going around the TSW forums that its better to buy talismans over weapons. This is the worst advice ever. If you find your in a position to spend some bullion before your doing Nightmare dungeons on cooldown, get a weapon that matches your highest skill.

I plan to amend this post with numbers to support my case when I get home. The reasoning is that attack rating will hit diminished returns well before your weapon, when calculating combat power.

• Combat Power - The statistic that matters when it comes to how much damage you do, it is derived from Weapon Power and Attack Rating (or heal rating). Here is a link to the formula.

Case 1: Your in QL 10 greens or below, and you want to know if you should choose a custom weapon or a custom head piece.
The maximum attack rating you can have in Green gear is 1264 and a green weapon has 270 weapon power. This leaves you with ~347 combat power. If you replace the weapon you will get ~416 combat power. If you replace the head piece you will get ~394 combat power.

Replacing the weapon will give a higher boost to combat power, resulting in more damage.

Case 2: Your in QL 10 blues, or a mix of blues and greens. Do you take a weapon or head piece?
The maximum attack rating you can have in Blue gear is 2395 and a blue weapon has 347 weapon power. This leaves you with ~545 combat power. Replacing the weapon will give you ~583 combat power. Replacing the head piece will give ~557 combat power.

Again, replacing the weapon will result in higher damage from a higher combat power score.

One arguement is that if your undecided on what weapon you want to use, in that case a head piece might be a worthwhile alternative.
Edit: Numbers and stuff

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jul 8, 2013

Estel
May 4, 2010

Not So Fast posted:

I didn't know so many people are unlucky and not getting pets, yesterday i spent an hour playing at 1 fps teleporting from guardian to guardian to finish the achievement and got 4 of the pets and 2 black bullions. How many bullions are needed for a weapon?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Estel posted:

How many bullions are needed for a weapon?

I think it was 30, upgrade kits are 40.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

HughGRect posted:

I plan to amend this post with numbers to support my case when I get home. The reasoning is that attack rating will hit diminished returns well before your weapon, when calculating combat power.

It does cost an extra 80 BB for 10.4.4 weapon over talisman. But it really depends on how you plan and make your gear. We usually want to go ahead and finish 10.4.4 a whole piece before moving on to the next one. However its the glyph stats that are the big increase to damage and they are much more important than AR or combat rating. Creating a 10.0.4 talisman is a much more efficient use of bullion (110 vs 190 for 10.4.4) as you will still get into the DR range for AR and increase the glyph budget.

Of course I'm probably overthinking the gently caress out of this and it probably won't matter more than 2-3 DPS while gearing up. We all still arrive at the same 10.4.4.

I'd say go ahead and get a good Head + Major (likely both with hit) at 10.4 first. The talisman's generalize to every weapon so they can be used in any build. This gives the player time to try some builds and weapons before they drop 270 bullion on a 10.4 custom weapon, which is a pretty hefty amount.

Actually a PSA I'd much rather give out is that glyph stats matter more than anything else. Use a 10.0 drop over a 10.2 if the 10.0 has the right stats and the 10.2 doesn't.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Plus, of course, you can get a 10.1 purple custom headpiece from a quest, so making one with bullion will be a waste if you plan on buying issue 6.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Fewd posted:

Regarding the healer, if your buddy is aiming to heal the dungeons and all that, at least in my opinion it's easiest to start with fist and expand into blood. Assault rifle leeching is okay too but seems to take better gear to get full use out of it.
Fist-blood is really good for starting out, partly because Exquisite Corpse is still bugged and reduces the damage of a hit by 50% even if it's more than the barrier would absorb (making it amazing for stuff like Ur-Draug that hit like a truck), partly because Cold Blooded is an amazing elite, partly because it lets you be effective before you get Empowerment (unlike Fist-pistol), and partly because it lets you fix your group up during hide phases (unlike AR).

IMO best thing to do if you're really interested in healing is get, in order:
- Surgical Steel
- The Scarlet Arts
- Exquisite Corpse (use Angelic Aegis until you get it)
- Empathy
- Cold Blooded
- Cauterize (use Nurture until you get it)
- Healing Sparks (makes Surgical Steel more effective and procs Empowerment more)
- Empowerment (use Out of the Woods until you get it)

Also, start stacking crit rating because Empowerment is really good, but depends on continually getting crit heal ticks. Get Shadow Medic at some point at well.

If you want to actually do damage in the meantime with the same weapons, get Finish the Movement (from Blade), Bloodline, and Blood Shot and just alternate those for hilarious damage.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Plus, of course, you can get a 10.1 purple custom headpiece from a quest, so making one with bullion will be a waste if you plan on buying issue 6.

Likewise, it looks like issue 7 has a custom 10.1 neck (at least the Ca d'oro vendor has them)

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
The Meat is Murder mask turns the whole game into Hotline Miami, much better cinematic effect than the horse head.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Diabetic posted:

The Meat is Murder mask turns the whole game into Hotline Miami, much better cinematic effect than the horse head.

The female Meat is Murder head's a bit too overstyled for the same effect though, so horsehead still reigns supreme there.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Diabetic posted:

You have Anubis, pig, horse, and unicorn. That's Hotline 18s right there.

Fasheem
Feb 19, 2007

HughGRect posted:

Zero, people are reporting ques of 12+ hours. Funcom broke something with the match making for Fusang, coupled with there are only two instances of it and your only allowed into one AND the population cap is about 30 per side. Its best to wait until a server downtime or Tuesday when a fix is supposed to happen to address it.

You got in. How did you get in? Or did you buy the pet bag? (I can't find any pvp bags to buy, even assuming I could afford them.)

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Fasheem posted:

You got in. How did you get in? Or did you buy the pet bag? (I can't find any pvp bags to buy, even assuming I could afford them.)

I qued up immediately after a server reset. Not sure how it happens, but after awhile the que for fusang stops working and no one can get in.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Up to 120 flares from Genizah. Whee. I'm wondering if you get stuck with flares if you would have pulled a pet when you already have that Shem.

midoriyourself
May 30, 2013

thegodofchuck posted:

Up to 120 flares from Genizah. Whee. I'm wondering if you get stuck with flares if you would have pulled a pet when you already have that Shem.

Nope. More than once I've gotten "you can only carry one of this item" and it cites the pet as the item. So then you just get nothing from the bag! Thanks, Funcom.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

midoriyourself posted:

Nope. More than once I've gotten "you can only carry one of this item" and it cites the pet as the item. So then you just get nothing from the bag! Thanks, Funcom.

Are you sure? I haven't seen this happen (and I've gotten 75 flares, 6 pets, about 100 bullion, and countless signets)
The one time I did get an "error" message, an overflow bag was on the ground and it had flares in it

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Are you sure? I haven't seen this happen (and I've gotten 75 flares, 6 pets, about 100 bullion, and countless signets)
The one time I did get an "error" message, an overflow bag was on the ground and it had flares in it

Yeah, I'd be really surprised that I would have somehow hit exactly one of each pet that I needed and no more without ever seeing an error message if one could actually occur. Like I said above, 120 flares, plus all 8 "easily" obtainable pets, enough bullion to raise a weapon to 10.4 from 10.1 (so around 120?), and god only knows how many signets. Plus eyepatch, monocle, and green glowers, of course. I-I I think they coded it to not duplicate the unique loot... they did something right! I'm sure it will break in today's patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fasheem
Feb 19, 2007

In Fusang now. He was down to 9mil on my screen (probably in reality 6-7) before I managed to get off a single shot. Been dead for awhile now and can't respawn. Been lying here dead for at least five minutes, screen has changed 3 times since then. I know he must be dead by now, but since no one is leaving I can't recover.

YAAAAAAAAAY

• Locked thread