Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I think part of the reason that pagans seem to be hesitant to form kingdoms and empires might be due to the fact that they're stuck in gavelkind. It looks like they might be avoiding creating multiples of their highest title (since they don't want to break up their realm), but without multiple duchies, they can't create a kingdom, and without multiple kingdoms, they can't create an empire. So they gather together a lot of territory, but never upgrade their titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Is there a way to change the crest for a kingdom? The off-center, too-small menorah flag Wiz used for the Titular Kingdom of Israel is loving awful.

Anou
May 29, 2006
Hello there!
Something I've realized recently is that some of the "bad" traits give opinion and stat maluses but give good event choices. The two bad traits I've seen the most is arbitrary giving you free gold and lustful letting you take a vassal as a lover, but the best one seems to be cruel because you can throw people into dungeons for asking you to let a person in your jail go. This seems to chain where you can just constantly throw your vassals into jail for asking about the person you just threw into the jail because you had cruel. I also know possession has the event chain that either gives you all the good traits or all the bad traits and stressed letting you suicide so that you can let your heir take over.

Anyone else know of the benefits of the other bad traits? Gluttonous seems to just give me a ton of bad events, while I haven't seen anything special because of Wroth. Cynical has a repeated events of random - relations with a random courtier.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011

Protagorean posted:

Is there a way to change the crest for a kingdom? The off-center, too-small menorah flag Wiz used for the Titular Kingdom of Israel is loving awful.
Yeah, just open the k_israel.tga (might be called something else) file in photoshop (it's under CK2Plus/gfx/flags) and copy-paste your own image in.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Edit: Oh gently caress, I just saw this exact question answered last page. Sorry, ignore.

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 8, 2013

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Breeding a race of super emperors is going well as we are 4 generations deep on genius sons. If only I could find some way to get strong into the bloodline as well. Strong and genius seems to be a very rare combination. The empire hasn't had much conquering to do lately as most of the map Is now under roman rule. There is only few provinces west of Russia that I don't control because they became orthodox so holy war I cannot. Very annoying when they are du Jure vassals of my vassal kings yet I cannot press the claim for them. I noticed that if you control an entire kingdom it will start to become du jure part of your empire. Places where this has happened has seen a great reduction in peasant revolts so those hold out provinces are stopping that from happening.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Been reading Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell as of late, and the background about there being separate kingdoms of northern and southern England (wholly fictional, sure, but) made me wonder: What would be a good name for a kingdom of/in northern England? "York" and "Northumbria" refer to specific historic entities, and "Northern England" is just kind of lame.

e: nevermind that then

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Flesnolk posted:

This feels like a really stupid question, but how are folks taking screenshots of the game? I tried my usual FN + End (print screen), which only took a screenshot of my browser.

Press "F11"! :eng101:

Sonendar Status Update

For the next update, I'll be adding the beginnings of a new realm: The Corsair Islands. The Corsairs are followers of a distinct faith called "The Faith of The Lord of Storms", an interpretation of the Deep Reaver that other Pirate cultures deem heretical. The Holy War CB will be re-enabled but only for the new heresies that will come in-- wars between religions are just not a thing in Sonendar. In addition to numerous fixes (most notably to Rozha's Gold Scheme event chain-- all king level rulers will get a free cb to stop the scheme when it is in motion, and those with high enough prestige will get a free CB to come in and take lots of gold from the Rozhans once it has been completed), the upcoming update will provide an expansion on The Driftwood King, with lots of new flavor events and mechanics for them.

The Driftwood King is the god of merchants and sailors-- all those who ply their living upon the sea-- and while the Rozhans have taken this as a divine license to make as much money as they can, the Sindraghari have stuck to a more orthodox interpretation of the faith. Followers of the Driftwood King believe that it is fine to make money and become wealthy, but those who are wealthy have an obligation of charity. Many events will involve giving away money to gain piety: generosity is equated with virtue, while stinginess is seen as a terrible wrong.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 8, 2013

Darth Various
Oct 23, 2010

I just realized my current ruler is the goddamn Typhoid Maurice of feudalism.

First wife, married while I was still playing his mother: Queen of Hungary. Until a few months later, when the title just vanished, probably something to do with the holy war for Hungary that was going on. Eventually she died in prison somewhere and Typhoid Maurice comes home to mom.

Second wife: Duchess of Aquitaine. Dies in a "suspicious accident", leaving me no kids. Crap. Back home to mom, who's on her fifth husband. Admittedly, old courtiers with decent stats were the only people who'd marry me by then.

Third wife - now I'm actually playing this guy: Countess with a claim on Burgundy, which I successfully press. She's still a vassal of the King of France while I'm independent, but I figure I'll sort that out using our three daughters somehow. Except the king of France turns Muslim for some reason, making all the titles Agnatic Open. I divorce that woman and go on a holy war for Burgundy instead.

Fourth wife: Princess and heir of the Byzantine Empire. Sweet. Then I take a look at the ERE and see every single vassal of Byz involved in one of three separate claim wars.

I don't think that'll pan out either.

Oh, and this what France looks like. France is run by Muslim Capets with 98 decadence. The French king of "Jerusalem" has no lands in the Levant, and yes, that's me as King Karling of Ireland, because being able to press claims for duchies is handy. Somewhere, the Kaiser is laughing himself silly.

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

Ok, strange question: I've started in Ireland and become King of Wales, Ireland and Serbia (through marriage). My succession laws are primogeniture, but my first son will inherit only Ireland and Wales while my second son seems to be inheriting Serbia, and it is giving me the warning that it may leave my kingdom. Anyone know why this would happen?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
An idea for (a complicated and involved) mod that would be pretty interesting would be to try and put in a simplified model of medieval era finance, so you can borrow gold to finance your crusades and stuff. I'm curious about the state of such things from that era now.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

moroboshi posted:

Ok, strange question: I've started in Ireland and become King of Wales, Ireland and Serbia (through marriage). My succession laws are primogeniture, but my first son will inherit only Ireland and Wales while my second son seems to be inheriting Serbia, and it is giving me the warning that it may leave my kingdom. Anyone know why this would happen?

Each kingdom has its own succession laws and Serbia is probably gavelkind or something else. On your laws screen, click on the shield for Serbia and check the inheritance law they are following.

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

Reveilled posted:

Each kingdom has its own succession laws and Serbia is probably gavelkind or something else. On your laws screen, click on the shield for Serbia and check the inheritance law they are following.

Thanks! Still getting used to all the quirks.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I really, really wish the people at AGOT mod, would fix the system for factions. Like a war for independence every three weeks is really, really silly.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
The HRE emperor is a catholic heretic, but besides that, he is a cool dude. As his vassal is there any way I can have an influence on turning him back to vanilla Catholicism?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I guess god endorses the Hitler dynasty

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

echopapa posted:

That was me, and here's the newest version.

landed_titles.zip - 162.34 KB

Does this work with vanilla too?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
And if you ever wondered why turning off the whole incest thing could end poorly, my Targaryen kind just married his daughter :stare:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I just got a Steam item, a Crusader Kings 2 'The Khan' card. There's a whole set of these things. What is this? What does it mean?

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Shadeoses posted:

I just got a Steam item, a Crusader Kings 2 'The Khan' card. There's a whole set of these things. What is this? What does it mean?

They're just trading cards. They mean absolutely nothing, except that you can sell them on the steam marketplace.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Shadeoses posted:

It means that if you like to collect stuff you're going to go loving nuts. I got two 'The Runestone' cards. I think you can get coupons with them or something? Hell if I know, I just know that suddenly I want a bunch of them but I don't quite know why.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Here's an explanation: Gameplay gets you cards. You can trade these cards, or collect a full set to craft.

In Steam, check Badges under your profile options. That'll show you what games you own that have trading cards available to earn. If you've earned all your card drops, you can randomly get booster packs which are three cards.

Crafting a complete set of cards earns you Steam Account XP (:v:), Badge XP for the game, and various goodies, like game specific profile backgrounds, emoticons, game discount coupons, etc.

I crafted a Crusader kings one and got the proposal emoticon, and a crusades background which now adorns my profile page.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/synthorange

As for now I'm working up a set for Binding of Isaac because it's got a desireable emoticon, a pile of poop.

Yes these emoticons can be used by the owner with anyone they're chatting with.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
I think this is the earliest that I've seen lustful show up.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I got caught up in the zealotry of the Baltic Crusades, and my normally-named heir just died, so I guess it's time to prepare for future-King Quodvultdeus. :v:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I really, really wish the people at AGOT mod, would fix the system for factions. Like a war for independence every three weeks is really, really silly.

Maybe if your people loving hate you. The realm as a whole can be stable for a generation or more.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

I got caught up in the zealotry of the Baltic Crusades, and my normally-named heir just died, so I guess it's time to prepare for future-King Quodvultdeus. :v:

They really shouldn't let me name my kids. Tanist Florin has died. Long live Tanist Another Mouth!

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Shadeoses posted:

They're like the Team Fortress hats you get from pre-ordering games.

Free money from OCD people. :c00l:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Shadeoses posted:

I got the Sunset Invasion card, despite Sunset Invasion being the only DLC besides Dynasty Pack 2 that I don't own. I don't understand this at all.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
It is all in like the 5th post of the Steam Thread but here is a useful link so the CK2 thread doesn't get jammed with "WHAT? CARDS?!" http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145245037

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

MotU posted:

It is all in like the 5th post of the Steam Thread but here is a useful link so the CK2 thread doesn't get jammed with "WHAT? CARDS?!" http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145245037

So there's a convoluted scheme involving cards and booster packs and decks and badges, just so I can use a CK2 emoticon in steam chat?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Or you can just sell the cards and use the money for stuff you do want. Cards going between 30-60 cents at the moment.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

I got sick of trying to juggle compatibility with a bunch of CK2+ submods so I melded them all together into:

me posted:

CK2Plus: Kitchen Sink Edition

Featuring the following mods all integrated into one download:
-CK2Plus
-Millennium Mod
-CV's Fixes
-Better Armies

CHANGELOG
Version 1.23
-Integrated CK2Plus 2.01.2, Millennium Mod, CV Fixes, and Better Armies into one file
-Made years 1000 thru 1066 playable
-Made compatible with patch 1.13
-Fixed a number of localisation errors
-Corrected a number of title/character problems that were preventing Trade Republics from working properly
-Fixed the most conspicuous major errors between years 1000 thru 1066
-Corrected some Combat Tactic errors

DOWNLOAD
CK2Plus: Kitchen Sink Edition 1.23 (Includes CK2Plus, Millennium Mod, CV's Fixes, and Better Armies) Alternate Download
Better Armies v1.23 Vanilla Alternate Download
PLEASE NOTE: The latest version of CK2Plus is built into CK2Plus: Kitchen Sink Edition, you do not need to download and enable it separately!

INSTALL:
1)Download Better Armies version of your choice (CK2Plus or Vanilla)
2)Delete any previous version of Better Armies, CK2Plus, Millennium Mod, CV's Fixes
3)Unzip into your "Crusader Kings 2/mod" folder

TO PLAY:
1)Enable "[Required]CK2Plus KS" or "[Required] Better Armies Vanilla"
2) Enable any CK2Plus modules that you like
3)Enjoy!

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
You're my hero.

edit: Unfortunately the bug that causes Amalfi to start with too little tech to be able to build trade posts is still there. That was a problem with vanilla CK2+.

Qwo fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 8, 2013

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I just got out of bed to download that.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Skyl3lazer posted:

Maybe if your people loving hate you. The realm as a whole can be stable for a generation or more.

Well when you're at the mercy of the RNG for "Lunatic" ...

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
I wish my vassals would start loving converting their holdings so as to reduce the revolt risk. I just played 5 straight years of non-stop peasant rebellions that prevented me from holding a blot, sometimes I had 5 separate rebellions going on at a time.

We're beyond the point of reconciliation, I want to actively terrorize my populace now. I'm talking some sith lord poo poo here.

Gettin' mad at video games.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
There was a time when I would have sided with the people, who did not want to live under a strange and foreign king, who just a few years ago suffered the wrath of his savage raiders. Yes, there was a time before Crusader Kings, but now there is just God and My Right.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

If you go look at the cards you get from CK2 and click through to get them full size you can use save them and use them for desktop backgrounds if that is your thing.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Iunnrais posted:

Does this work with vanilla too?

No, vanilla has a different landed title setup. Maybe someday I'll stop being lazy and create a vanilla version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EatDirt
Nov 13, 2009
Can someone explain to me the reason why I am being blocked from usurping the Kingdom of Pomerania?
I have 8/8 of the required counties, but it says "Special Creation Condition" with a red X saying "Is Pagan".
I assume this means I have to be pagan, anyway around that? Thanks.

• Locked thread