Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Verranicus posted:

Weird. Where's the option on the tweaker to install the patches through it, then? All I've seen is the ability to disable intro videos, and it hasn't asked me to install any English patches.

Click the big circle in the upper left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Verranicus posted:

How do I get and spend FUN? Also, for some reason the tweaker isn't recognizing that I've got the English patches installed and they're working fine in-game. Is there any way I can fix this?

EDIT: And how would I go about getting an invite to the goon group or whatever?

In addition to what DJ Meow Mix said, you can also get FUN by sending comments on player shop purchases. It's only 3 FUN with a limit of ten comments every 24 hours, but that 30 FUN stacks up over the course of a couple weeks. Unless you're hoping to win accessories (they're typically items that look like a blue/white ticket), I'd probably save up FUN points if I were you. Once you get a bunch stacked up, you can go on a scratch card spree.

Super helpful tip I read somewhere else that has helped me at least dozens of times: if you get an item and you're not sure what it is, go into your items, find it, and add it to your wishlist. Then, if you go to Edit ARKS Card, you can go to your wishlist and copy the item name with CTRL+C. Paste it into either Google or the Japanese PSO2 wiki and translate your results. Definitely easier than my old method of "use the ticket and rummage through the character customization screen until I find something new."

As far as the English patches go, I assume you're using AIDA's newest PSO2 tweaker. When you say patches, are you talking about the main English patch that just translates the menus and matterboard or the story patch? This is what the program shows when I open it (I don't have the story patch installed):

quote:

Current EN Patch version is: patch_2013_07_03
Current EN Patch version is: 2013_05_22_largefiles
Downloading Latest patch files...
Downloading Patch file #1... Done!
Downloading Patch file #2... Done!
Downloading Patch file #3... Done!
Downloading Patch file #4... Done!
Checking for PSO2 Updates... Done!
All done - System ready!

If it says "not installed," you might have updated the game since installing the English patches. Just click the round button in the top-left, go to Install/Update patches, and choose the patch you want to reinstall. This is a fairly new program and I don't think the "auto check/install" stuff works correctly. But really, if you're not having any issues with the game, I wouldn't even worry about it.

edit: the tweaker has downloaded four patch files every time I've opened it since Wednesday. I dunno what that's about.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Ahh, thanks guys. Didn't notice that button at all. How do you add stuff to your wishlist?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Verranicus posted:

Ahh, thanks guys. Didn't notice that button at all. How do you add stuff to your wishlist?

Hit esc, go to items, find the item, left-click it, and a context menu will pop up. Click add to wishlist and then just click a spot on the list.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Bloodplay it again posted:

Super helpful tip I read somewhere else that has helped me at least dozens of times: if you get an item and you're not sure what it is, go into your items, find it, and add it to your wishlist. Then, if you go to Edit ARKS Card, you can go to your wishlist and copy the item name with CTRL+C.
This is a bunch of extra steps for no reason.

Just highlight the item in your inventory, and Ctrl+C will copy the name right from there.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Surprise Noodle posted:

This is a bunch of extra steps for no reason.

Just highlight the item in your inventory, and Ctrl+C will copy the name right from there.

:aaa:

Mind:blown.

Here I was trying to tab back and forth looking at PSO2Wiki and trying to match moon runes.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
So I know people were talking about autowords a bit, does anyone know how to make it so they always go in the public channel, rather than just your party? I've been trying to figure that out so when I get knocked out something appropriate will pop up, or so I can do a quick hotkey for a emergency quest.

And I should really try playing with goons sometime. I've had my own little circle of friends I play with so far that I do MMO stuff with, but it'd be cool to have more folks to play with.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Prefix your autoword with /a.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Seriously what is the deal with Revelle? I have done all her COs three times (except speed killing 3-6 which i have done twice now) and she STILL wont give me black slaughter 6 or mild murder 3... is there some other requirement? like level 50? or matterboard?

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Revelle is really hard to grind reputation with. To give you an idea, I had 3 character classes at 60 and one at 45 by the time I finally unlocked her partner card mission.

EDIT: Oh yeah, found a lightning Holy Ray earlier, the dudes I was with were jealous as gently caress.

Protocol 5 fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 8, 2013

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
drat.. That's crazy! I'm just trying to get bs6 and mm3 for the bingo card and from what I have heard that is 10 COs after her little face icon turns blue

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Who do I need to talk to to get an invite to the goon guild?

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Just hop into the IRC and you will be able to hook up with someone in the team that will get you in.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

Dangit Ragne, get down from there.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

fuxxo posted:

Dangit Ragne, get down from there.

Oh, good, Quartz Dragon isn't the only bastard who likes to jump on top of stuff and stay there.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

and a bonus of a Ragne getting stuck in it's Jumping animation

man these screenshots are old, level 40 cap and a Alba Four Ounce; not to mention I used my starting outfit for a very long time...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh, hell, I know that Nathan McKnight guy. He showed up in a CBB I did once, roleplaying the entire way. Badly.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

I'm having a weird technical issue.

I played PSO2 when it came out and then abandoned it for about a year. I recently booted it back up intending to download whatever patches I'd missed before getting back into it. The only problem is that between then and now I'd moved the entire directory to a different drive, and got a new C drive and operating system. Messy.

So when I open the launcher, it starts trying to download some giant patches. Fair enough. Except my internet often gets interrupted, and there's no visual indication of if it's saving the patching progress each time. For all I know I'm just pulling down data which then vanishes into the void.

So my question is twofold: did moving the directory gently caress it over/should I just reinstall from scratch (which I really don't want to do), and is the patch downloader actually saving stuff each time it gets interrupted? Many thanks to anybody who knows this.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Moving the directory doesn't matter - the game doesn't use any hard paths in the registry or anything. I'm fairly sure patch interruption like that is a known issue with the official launcher - I'd try something like Tweaker (in the OP) and see if that works any better.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Hungry posted:

So my question is twofold: did moving the directory gently caress it over/should I just reinstall from scratch (which I really don't want to do), and is the patch downloader actually saving stuff each time it gets interrupted? Many thanks to anybody who knows this.

Moving the directory shouldn't have messed anything up. PSO2 originally started in Program Files (x86) for me, but I moved it from my SSD to my HDD and when I moved it back a couple of months later, I moved it to Program Files, rather than the x86 PF. As far as the download goes: yeah, it's saving everything that downloads. I managed to download the entire game on 1.5 Mbps DSL and I can't even guess how many times I was disconnected. My SEGA folder is 13.5 GB, if that gives you any indication as to how far away you are from completion.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Thank you both! I will try things.

Bloodplay it again posted:

My SEGA folder is 13.5 GB, if that gives you any indication as to how far away you are from completion.

That means I've got about 10 GB of patches to go. Oh god no.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

15 gigs to go, episode 2 is gonna drop 5 more gigs on top of that. Fortunately you got a week to download it all before it happens, good luck!

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Speaking of which, the next chunk of the advance patch went up today. There's also going to be an update on the 10th for reward week. The final points objective was cleared earlier today, so look forward to a ton of swag, double everything, and a 10% boost to grind and affix chances.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
I tried to get that english PSO2 Tweaker launcher or whatever it's called, but the game refuses to run when I install it. The story patch also never worked. Is the OP kinda old..? Which patches and such should I be using specifically at this point? The game runs with most stuff in english just fine right now after a manual english patch install, which is why i'm trying not to risk entering a "don't fix it if it's not broken" scenario.

EDIT: How...how did I ever think I could manage without PSO2 tweaker. Apparently it works now and it's amazing.

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 8, 2013

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Basically, you only 'need' the base English patch. Large Files is optional, Story Patch is even more optional.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ok I changed some things around in the OP again to try to cut down on confusion, but I bet it will cause more confusion again in time.

like someone trying to use the character creator English patch instead of the real one :negative:

also I need to figure out how to handle the whole "new screenshots for the OP" business because I still need some more :saddowns:

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 8, 2013

Turkeybro
Nov 12, 2011

Looking for strong men to discover what's under the helmet.
Turkeybro's Really Cool Guide to Using Fighting Sticks

Hey gang, I know we have many players out there who just use keyboard n' mouse (I for a long time was one of these) and even some people who prefer to play with gamepads, but I just want to bring to attention a third option, fighting sticks.

Now of course the biggest problem with using a fighting stick to play this game is that it only has a single, well, stick, and you need to both move the camera and your character, that is why you use two of them.

There are some hurdles to achieve this perfection though, first of all getting PSO2 to recognize two different pads at the same time. It doesn't so you use Xpadder instead! If you don't know what Xpadder is it is a neat little program that let's you configure up to 16 joysticks at the same time which is both a lot of joy and stick. If you dislike Xpadder for whatever reason other programs that offer the same benefits and are just as popular are Joy2key and Motiontojoy. Joy2key has a poo poo interface and Motiontojoy is only for playstation controllers though, so I prefer Xpadder.

My xpadder profiles are very simple so I won't even bother to include them, I have one stick that is set only to mimic my mouse when I move the stick around, it's only point is moving the camera. The other one has WASD set to the stick and all the commands necessary to playing the game on the 8 buttons on the middle. I bound attack, photon art, lock-on, use/pick up, shift, the two switch weapons buttons, jump and dodge to them as I find that is all I need, but use what you like!

Now that you have your Xpadder profile set-up, save it all and close the program and then run it again, this time make sure to run it as administrator, then launch PSO2 also in administrator mode (I dunno if any of this works in not win7 by the way) and you should be able to use both controllers in-game! If you don't set both to administrator gameguard gets really finicky about Xpadder and will disable it for pso2.

Now, you might notice that one of your two sticks is opening up palette stuff when you try to move it around, that's because PSO2 has gamepad controls set by default and actually supports it unlike some other lovely games. Go to the options menu and configure the gamepad settings, if you choose a bound action and press the same key as the one it is already bound to it will unbind that key, you should do that for all keys you are using on whichever one of the two sticks you are using for PSO2. Someone told me later I could just run one fighting stick through PSO2 and only one through Xpadder but that sounds complicated.

Well, that's that as far as the fighting stick guide goes, now to show it in action I prepared a small video of me running a TACO with this setup, complete with hand-cam!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DubEKHCaGs

I do run this TACO solo, but in a group it is not very different, everyone just takes a different path in each area and does that area on their own!

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

As someone who really loves playing melee, I can't for the life of me understand how you would find that enjoyable.

Torquil
Apr 4, 2007
Now with Ecstato-Euphoro-Fun (with Hinder-90)
It is amazing how you've turned this game in to Virtual On. If I had a second stick I would totally try this.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

NextTime000 posted:

also I need to figure out how to handle the whole "new screenshots for the OP" business because I still need some more :saddowns:

I have one for you. My skirt attempting to devour Dawnfire, Kirby, and Sit.

Mazzletoff
Dec 17, 2012

wake me up
before you jojo
Today I spent all of my money to wear a bird on my head.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Sent out another batch of codes today. I am currently busy with translating EDF4 for goons, so I won't have much of a chance to log into PSO2 but let me know if something crops up!

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Kessel posted:

Sent out another batch of codes today. I am currently busy with translating EDF4 for goons, so I won't have much of a chance to log into PSO2 but let me know if something crops up!

I got mine. Thanks a lot!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Mazzletoff posted:

Today I spent all of my money to wear a bird on my head.

You are truly one of us, now.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
You guys are all on Ship 2, right? I'm getting tired of running missions by myself when my friends aren't on, so is anyone around level 24-ish?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sonata Mused posted:

You guys are all on Ship 2, right? I'm getting tired of running missions by myself when my friends aren't on, so is anyone around level 24-ish?

We have several people around that level, however we just hit teamcap today. Hop in IRC, #psobb@irc.synirc.net and we will add you as soon as we can get the next team level, also we usually have ~40 people in various states of idling in that channel, so its a good place to organize to do things from.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

The latest livestream went out today.
Some highlights (new info):
Some COs to refresh after 22 hours.
XP penalty range further reduced to 11 levels.
Rare drop for main class weapons boosted (non-mainclass stays the same).
Changes to skill trees, free respec tickets.
EX quests to go up to stage 50.

Some nice QoL improvements.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Protocol 5 posted:

Rare drop for main class weapons boosted (non-mainclass stays the same).
you mean to tell me it will be easier to find rares for the classes I like to play by playing those classes!?
:wotwot:

Protocol 5 posted:

Some COs to refresh after 22 hours.
and by "some" I hope they mean "all COs intended to have a Daily Timer" (DOs can still have a 24 hour timer so people don't double-up on them if they have the opportunity to) that would make doing :taco:s a bit easier on everyone

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

Cockblocking Jerk posted:

We have several people around that level, however we just hit teamcap today. Hop in IRC, #psobb@irc.synirc.net and we will add you as soon as we can get the next team level, also we usually have ~40 people in various states of idling in that channel, so its a good place to organize to do things from.

Is there a good IRC client to grab? All I've ever used are web clients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Sonata Mused posted:

Is there a good IRC client to grab? All I've ever used are web clients.

I used xirc, it's functional.

• Locked thread