Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
I quit shortly after launch. Back!

Thanks for the invite.

Who Dat fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serai
Dec 28, 2009
I like this game.
I love this game for making my cleric actually look like a.. you know.. a cleric. Chain and a bigass hammer.

I can look chill, like so

Or battleform, like so

angrypostman
Jan 25, 2011
On Threesprings as Phaon.. again.. regained my old account, after forgetting the security answers.. anyway, looking for an invite!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

angrypostman posted:

On Threesprings as Phaon.. again.. regained my old account, after forgetting the security answers.. anyway, looking for an invite!

We aren't on threesprings anymore, transfer over to deepwood.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I should be home about 9:15-9:30 if you guys are doing GA tonight and short a person.

Vinigre
Feb 18, 2011

Prepare your bladder for imminent release!
Looking for an invite for Sigsegv and Vinigre.

angrypostman
Jan 25, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

We aren't on threesprings anymore, transfer over to deepwood.

lol.. looks like I'll see the guild in seven days. System told me we moved to Threesprings, so I moved my other account over there but we've already xferred back to Deepwood? That lasted long...

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
We need more "good raiders" at 500 hit please. I hate not being able to do GA right now.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

necrotic posted:

We need more "good raiders" at 500 hit please. I hate not being able to do GA right now.

I'll log in, that is if you need another dps! (Or BM)

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Kreczor posted:

I'll log in.

No, like, we need a second group. I got shunted, again.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

necrotic posted:

Hi5 shunted bro.

It's okay, this same thing happened when the TDQ came out. In another month I'm sure we'll have enough for two groups, right?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

necrotic posted:

You and I are like the only two extras over 500 as far as I know, and I'm only over with runes.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Matrim posted:

Hi5 shunted bro.

It's okay, this same thing happened when the TDQ came out. In another month I'm sure we'll have enough for two groups, right?

As long as we get 2 tanks (well, 1 to start with, 2 when we start on the 2nd boss). But hopefully it won't take much longer now that we have started doing raids. The instance is hard as gently caress though, so it can't just be any 10 random people.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

necrotic posted:

As long as we get 2 tanks (well, 1 to start with, 2 when we start on the 2nd boss). But hopefully it won't take much longer now that we have started doing raids. The instance is hard as gently caress though, so it can't just be any 10 random people.

They shouldn't have waited for me if you were there :( Next week my spot is yours.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

They shouldn't have waited for me if you were there :( Next week my spot is yours.

The point still stands: we have ~13 people that can do GA. It's better to have a consistent group that swap people out every week. Thanks for offering the spot.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Throwing it out in the thread so more people than just Vandee know, my attendance is going to be pretty spotty for the next few weeks while I help my brother out with his business and stuff around the house while he recovers from surgery. I'll try to make it if I can, but tomorrow is definitely a no go and I can't give definites for anything else.

Clearly you all can kill Crucia and I can ride your coattails to gear. :v:

Gloyn
Apr 25, 2005
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,
In as "Oggok". I'll transfer my other shortly, but I feel like cleric'ing it up for now.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Johson requested my champ spec, here it is!

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/0zGkpl0bcvlekIkiIusGukzv922

Buffs: Dominating Bearing, Way of the River, Storm Blade, Focus Of Body

Finisher Macro:
#show Thunderous Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Proper Timing
cast Thunderous Strike
cast Titan's Strike
cast Chains of Death
cast Bladefury

My bar is set up as follows:

1. Mighty Blow
2. Savage Sweep
3. Cornered Beast
4. Disruptive Strike
5. Finisher Macro

Then on whatever keys
Mark of Extermination, Bull Rush, Proper Timing

Keep Mark of Extermination up on all the monsters.

Start fight:
Bull Rush + Mark of Extermination -> 2 -> 5

Rotation:
3->5
4->5
1->2->5
Repeat until things are dead.

I'm lazy and put Proper Timing in my finisher macro, but if you want to do better press it right before Titan's Strike.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Johnson79 posted:

Go into your Rift.cfg file and look for "MainThreadCPU = 3" under client. It default sets everything to be on core 3, but if you change it to 0 that lets Rift use whatever core has the least load.

This made my game WAY smoother on a i5 3570k/7870. I have no loving idea why it worked but it did.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
annnd here's my Riftblade spec:

http://www.riftscene.com/soul-builder/?build=218

Macros:

Macro 1
#show rift Strike
suppressmacrofailures
cast Rift Strike
cast Flamespear
cast Rift Implosion

Macro 2
#show Shock Pulse
cast Burst Synergy
cast Shock Pulse

Macro 3
#show Rift Spear
cast Rift Spear
cast Searing Strike
cast shock pulse

Finisher Macro
#show fiery burst
cast fiery burst
cast icy burst

AoE Builder:
#show Thunder Strike
cast Rift Strike
cast Thunder Strike

AoE Finisher:
#show Storm Burst
suppressmacrofailures
cast Burst Synergy
cast Storm Burst
cast Earth Burst

Buffs:
Blade of the Ascended, Avatar of the Rift, Enhanced Conductivity, Empower, Way of the River

Bar Setup:
1. Macro 1
2. Macro 2
3. Frost Strike
4. Macro 3
5. Finisher Macro

Other abilities to have on bar:
Stonespear, Rift Barrage, Windspear, Riftwalk, Fork, RiftStorm

Single Target Rotation:
1->1->1->5
2->3->4->5
4->4->4->5
4->5 (OPTIONAL, doing 4->5 is more energy intensive and may cause you to go out of energy, if you find yourself dipping below 40-50 energy just do 4 and not 5 after)
Repeat

AoE:
Make sure Fork is active, cast Flamespear and Riftspear, and just mash your AoE builder and finisher/Rift Storm. Riftspear pierces targets so when it's forked against a pack of mobs it hits a ton of times and is pretty rad, so try to use it at good opportunities. Another thing you can do is if you're doing a ST fight with adds, have Searing Strike on another button and hit that instead of Macro 3 in your ST rotation, and save Riftspear for add killing. Or if you want take Riftspear out of Macro 3 and just have it on its own button. Whatever you prefer!

Sometimes trash hits really hard and tanks/healers will appreciate you stunning monsters. Don't forget to fork Windspear for more AoE stunnage.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 8, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

So uh what are raid times again?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Got invite, thanks!

e: vv curses

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 9, 2013

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
You missed a prime opportunity to use Catbuggery.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

KaneTW posted:

So uh what are raid times again?

20mans: Monday/Wednesday 6pm server
TDQ (10 man ez): Whenever 10 unflagged people get together, usually after raids
GA (10 man hard): Thursday 6pm server, elite pros only

admiral.baby
May 1, 2009
Invite for Cindri, please.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
As a note about GA:

To give some perspective, GA trash hits harder and is about as forgiving as Twins, and a pack's combined HP is about as much as a twin. And there are actually more mechanics to worry about.

The first boss has killed me within 2 seconds numerous times from a ~60k special attack and a 20k melee attack because either me or my healers did not react in time.

The second boss is fun as gently caress but has many personal responsibility aspects, mostly involving being personally responsible and moving the gently caress out of rectangular AEs. The fight is so hectic I am pretty sure the first time we kill him we won't be able to tell until it's done because personally I have never been able to watch the boss' HP during it.

As far as we have seen EVERY fight has a personal responsibility component:
- You know when you should die on an FT fight to stupid poo poo and AEs how you get your rear end saved by Egeus? That can't happen on GA fight.
- Do you remember every recent Zaviel when I have to yell at people to stop being dumb cunts and hit the conducers instead of Zaviel? That can't happen in GA.

This is why you find that the same (or close to the same) 10 people run GA when we run it. (Because we can yell at each other for being dumb cunts and be certain they won't be butthurt about it.)

500 Hit is not enough to run this poo poo.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

deimos posted:

As a note about GA:

To give some perspective, GA trash hits harder and is about as forgiving as Twins, and a pack's combined HP is about as much as a twin. And there are actually more mechanics to worry about.

The first boss has killed me within 2 seconds numerous times from a ~60k special attack and a 20k melee attack because either me or my healers did not react in time.

The second boss is fun as gently caress but has many personal responsibility aspects, mostly involving being personally responsible and moving the gently caress out of rectangular AEs. The fight is so hectic I am pretty sure the first time we kill him we won't be able to tell until it's done because personally I have never been able to watch the boss' HP during it.

- You know when you should die on an FT fight to stupid poo poo and AEs how you get your rear end saved by Egeus? That can't happen on GA fight.
- Do you remember every recent Zaviel when I have to yell at people to stop being dumb cunts and hit the conducers instead of Zaviel? That can't happen in GA.

This is why you find that the same (or close to the same) 10 people run GA when we run it. (Because we can yell at each other for being dumb cunts and be certain they won't be butthurt about it.)

500 Hit is not enough to run this poo poo.

A working internet connection is not necessary.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

deimos posted:

I was able to start catching at glimpse at my KBM percentage every once in a while. Once beacons come in that goes out the loving window though.

deimos posted:

This isn't completely true. Egeus can save you from loving up mechanics once. I mean you will die later because you can't get a shield at a time when the healers are moving and there's AoE damage going out or you aren't at full health during the 18k downpour or something, but you'll stay up for a little bit.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

At least we found a way to make the first packs, uh, easier.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

necrotic posted:

At least we found a way to make the first packs, uh, easier.

Lots of packs can be avoided by the tried and true 'run the gently caress past it because it doesn't drop anything and is literally just in the game to waste your time because whoever designed it is a complete and total rear end in a top hat' method. Only need to kill 3 packs to fight the first two bosses.

e: also Tsu and I leave the dying part of this plan to you plebs without assassin.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 8, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Daerc posted:

Lots of packs can be avoided by the tried and true 'run the gently caress past it because it doesn't drop anything and is literally just in the game to waste your time because whoever designed it is a complete and total rear end in a top hat' method. Only need to kill 3 packs to fight the first two bosses.

e: also Tsu and I leave the dying part of this plan to you plebs without assassin.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Last week was the fist time we were able to avoid all but 1 pack before the first boss.

edit: 2 weeks ago, I guess.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Daerc posted:

Nope! Get Tsu to run up the stairs after the first boss and drag the mobs to the side while the rest of us get to the rightmost bridge, then we soulwalk across!

Only gotta kill the mobs right before the first boss as far as I know, the ones beside the second boss we never did when I was there.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Kreczor posted:

Nope! Get Tsu to run up the stairs after the first boss and drag the mobs to the side while the rest of us get to the rightmost bridge, then we soulwalk across!

Only gotta kill the mobs right before the first boss as far as I know, the ones beside the second boss we never did when I was there.

I believe you are confusing Hedonism dragging poo poo around and Tsu being stealthed like the pansy he is, but it's understandable considering you weren't online for most of that.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

deimos posted:

I believe you are confusing Hedonism dragging poo poo around and Tsu being stealthed like the pansy he is, but it's understandable considering you weren't online for most of that.

I don't play my rogue very much, but can't he just like, sprint/hop around the room then go stealth mid-combat?

angrypostman
Jan 25, 2011
Alright, had a GM reset my transfer time so I'm back on Deepwood and looking for an invite for Phaon.. for real this time..

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Kreczor posted:

I don't play my rogue very much, but can't he just like, sprint/hop around the room then go stealth mid-combat?

Not with that trash. Without a full tank spec you go splat pretty drat quickly. Much quicker to just not deal with shenanigans and have everyone follow the tanks.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Kreczor posted:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...ng-50-60-a.html

Warriors literally 4 button leveling guide is really, really easy to use. Make sure you grab those warlord points first.

This has worked out really well on my warrior alt 1-45 so far. It was a bit slow going until I got enough points into champ (17 I think) for the AE builder. Warlord points first would have been a longer time before I had any AE capability.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
This game has the best helmet.

:(

Anaxandrides
Jun 7, 2012

Every summer day in the desert is like a vacation in hell.
Free to play is awesome! I reactivated as of yesterday and am trying to feel my way around the starter zones in Storm Legion. Anyone have a good leveling spec for a Rogue? Are Riftstalkers still decent for tanking? Am I better off questing or dungeoning to 60?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Anaxandrides posted:

Free to play is awesome! I reactivated as of yesterday and am trying to feel my way around the starter zones in Storm Legion. Anyone have a good leveling spec for a Rogue? Are Riftstalkers still decent for tanking? Am I better off questing or dungeoning to 60?

My current spec is something along these lines and amazing for leveling - the self-healing from poisons/tactician buff keep me topped off all the time so I just chain from mob to mob to mob...

• Locked thread