Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Two Hand as in dual wielding or the big two handed great swords and maces?

Great weapons. Skill damage seems to be based on the weapon values right now. As far as I can tell, when you block an attack with M2 (which is also your charge attack) you get SP based on how close to full your block gauge is. So if you time it well and you block right before they hit, you instantly strike back with a full charge counter attack even though you started with 0 sp. Lean heavily on block counters and the 1 jump strike to get around the slow speed of the big weapons, and only squeeze in normal attacks when you think it's safe. Kite and dodge when the enemy is stun immune.

Also, always pair whirlwind with guardian since you can't block or dodge while spinning.

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
People mentioned the scam sites earlier, but those have been around for a while. Long before the game actually came out. Lot of people trying to get the game before the alpha was announced apparently; "the game is not out yet" wasn't a good enough answer for a lot of them. Though thinking about it for a minute should have made them realize that they couldn't be real; only people who could have linked it were the devs themselves or one of the people given a review copy, and since the former is a team of two who are heavily invested in the project and the latter are people whose big thing is reviewing games and who don't want a reputation as "that rear end in a top hat who lets people pirate the games you give them" none of them would have thrown it out there like that.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 8, 2013

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
Is there a guide to this game? I have no idea what to do :(

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

fookolt posted:

I want to make a guide, but I can't get the game for another week! :(

If I had to make a one sentence how-to for cube world it would be: Join a server with some friends.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
The game just gets incredible amounts of interface lag for me and becomes unplayable :( Singleplayer and Multiplayer. Its just UI stuff, like the map, clicking on things, skilltrees, buying things, etc. Movement is just fine.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

The game just gets incredible amounts of interface lag for me and becomes unplayable :( Singleplayer and Multiplayer. Its just UI stuff, like the map, clicking on things, skilltrees, buying things, etc. Movement is just fine.

With an i7 920 at 3.36GHz and a GTX 580, the game is freezing every ~10 seconds (but it's still running when it's freezing). Argh.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
So do I, seems to affect only a few people. Avoid spamming click and instead hold down the mouse, that causes a good portion of the lag.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

Man, this game has some entertaining traversal. The hang glider is incredibly fun, and it's awesome to be able to bust it out anywhere and just drift for a while. Boats are great too, since they're fast even without sinking too many points into the sailing skill. Spent the better part of the day just exploring some island regions - just me, my boat, and the endless blue ocean...

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

fookolt posted:

Here, I'll make one. Huge image dump incoming!

Protips before starting;

-Autoattacks will charge up your mana, and charging up your
second attack (M2) to it's full capacity (using ~100 mana) will
cause it to stun.

-You can constantly stun enemies whenever they don't have the
four yellow stars around their heads.

-Any healing item other then potions will cause you to sit down
to slowly eat it.

-Enemy colour ranges are White, Light blue, Orange and Red. +#'s make the enemy harder, but they drop better loot.

-Small races: Dwarf/Goblin have light knockback and get knockbacked easier but dodge easier, oh and can climb through windows!!
-Medium races: Human/Frogmen/Elf/Lizardmen/Undead are inbetween
-Large race: Orc have heavy knockback, don't get knockbacked as much but bigger models.

-Power level does not level up at the same rate as your level. Power level
is what your gear will go up with.

-Pets are awesome. Get one as quick as you can.

-Gear is more important then levels.

-Learn to dodge/notice when an enemy boss is doing a charge attack.

-Boomerang and Mage enemies will make you cry.

-Preserve your healing items, especially early on. Use potions in fights if needed, and
other foods while not fighting/after a fight. If a bed roll is nearby, use it!

-Pick good fights. Don't try to take on 8 Radishlings as a level 2.

-Make use of the wiki, http://wiki.cubeworldforum.org/index.php?title=Main_Page.

Now, here's the "guide".

So first off, after choosing your character/race naming him, you'll be dumped in the wild.
I'd highly recommend pressing M to bring up your map, finding the town, and heading there as soon as possible.
Kill anything in your way (that is white or blue), break bushes/scrubs and pick heartflowers.

stay away from poo poo like this~

Once you arrive to the town, you should loot the fields for pineapples/pumpkins and bring up your crafting menu
by pressing C. You can usually turn the pineapples into pineapple slices without needing a campfire or anything, so do
that. Hopefully you killed at least SOMETHING on your way to town, and have some copper coins. Use it to buy a pet treat in the general store. Refer to the Wiki to find the Tamable Pets list, and whatever first pet food you got, tame it as soon as you see it.

Also a side note, certain NPCs in town with a chat bubble over their heads will mark areas on your map. Nothing too great, since
you'll want to try to do quests most of the time (once you're able too), but neat feature.

:siren:HAHAHA I'M JUST KIDDING, FIND THE MUMBLE SERVER INFO IN THE PGS THREAD, JOIN IT, THEN JOIN THE GOON SERVER.:siren:

WORLDS BEST BABY
Aug 26, 2006

What I like the most about this game is how you can side with NPCs in big fights, and when the battle's lost and won, and you talk to that group of mages or whatever…

"I'm saving up for a hang glider!"

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I saw a group of friendly NPC gnolls stop at a tree, one of them with a bow climbed up and looked around, then came back down and they moved on. That was a really nice touch in the AI behavior. :3:

itsnice2bnice
Mar 21, 2010

I hope they add more options for weapon customization and add armor customization as well.

Most gear just looks a little boring and being able to create your own designs would be pretty sweet.

Coal
Jan 15, 2008
I overcompensate for my tiny penis by stealing games worth less than a cheeseburger on a phone worth 400 cheeseburgers.
Came into the thread to check out this game, looks pretty interesting. Thought I would mention that in the OP the link should actually be "picroma.com" not "picorama.com". Kinda threw me off for a second, so I figured someone might want to change it.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Was fun playing with everyone tonight and going on the adventures :)

In the PGS thread I originally said I wanted low levels (1-20) but just staying in the same range would be fine. If people are on their level 50 or less, then please don't go around on a 300+ dude, it makes the mobs a lot harder for the lower levels and a lot less fun.

This game is addicting.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
Looks like you can buy it now, but user registration is down.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

gently caress what is wrong with me, why did I buy this :smithicide:

Atlas Moth
Jan 13, 2012

Eternally nonplussed.
-snip-

e: Noted!

Atlas Moth fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 8, 2013

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

I'd be weary of posting servers in this thread unless you want random pubbies joining it and potentially ruining fun. There is a thread in Private Games if you want to keep it in the goon circle.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Looks like you can buy it now, but user registration is down.

No longer!

Apparently the sweet spot for shop uptime is 7-9am EST. See you tomorrow!

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I got lucky this morning and got it, now I can't stop playing it. I'm having a blast just exploring around and for some reason this game makes me all nostalgic about playing secret of mana on my SNES, even tough both games have not much in common.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

boho posted:

No longer!

Yeah, I got it around 7:00 AM central. Early morning seems to be it.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
Rather amusing that sites like this have evolved. TAKE MY MONEY
http://direct.cyberkitsune.net/canibuycubeworld/

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
Does anyone feel that the mob density needs to be increased at least 3x? Particularly at a lower level. I do not find it fun to run around for 5+ minutes finding 1-3 mobs to kill, rinse and repeat.

sct
Mar 15, 2006

I don't want to go.

Don Mega posted:

Does anyone feel that the mob density needs to be increased at least 3x? Particularly at a lower level. I do not find it fun to run around for 5+ minutes finding 1-3 mobs to kill, rinse and repeat.

Head towards a mission.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
I had a bug where it seemed there weren't any NPCs and there weren't any enemies. I also couldn't pick up any items with E. What is going on :(

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Doh004 posted:

I had a bug where it seemed there weren't any NPCs and there weren't any enemies. I also couldn't pick up any items with E. What is going on :(

Playing on a server? Server likely crashed.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

boho posted:

No longer!

This whole thing is loving cartoonish.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Rawrbomb posted:

Playing on a server? Server likely crashed.

Nope, my local game.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I think missions are the one thing I haven't gotten so far. Where do you get them? I have to assume in town, but the most I've ever received was the 'let me mark this on your map' thing.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Saxophone posted:

I think missions are the one thing I haven't gotten so far. Where do you get them? I have to assume in town, but the most I've ever received was the 'let me mark this on your map' thing.

Crossed swords on your map.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Oh, Ok. I've seen plenty of those then. I thought it was like a thing you got from townsfolk as a quest or something. Awesome.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Saxophone posted:

Its just an objective to complete at a spot in the world. Normally involves beating down the boss of the area.

Me and my friends "fastest" boss kill, it just happened not to have a ton of other stuff around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgULIhN_RnY&t=110s

Edit: fastest in terms of, there wasn't any major amount of trash surrounding him, or a castle/temple to get though.

Rawrbomb fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 8, 2013

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So I'm still fairly a low level Ranger but is there ever not a time to use boomerrangs cause holy poo poo do they destroy stuff at my level

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Boomerangs are always great. Crossbow machinegun is also effective if you don't mind using an autohotkey script or giving yourself carpal tunnel. I haven't seen anyone give a compelling argument for bows and I haven't really tried using them in depth yet to see if they're decent or not. Initial impressions suggest no.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So I'm still fairly a low level Ranger but is there ever not a time to use boomerrangs cause holy poo poo do they destroy stuff at my level

Boomerangs are by far the best ranger weapon, it's not even a contest.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
If you're feeling snipery you start with an x-bow and pummel them from range then switch to your 'rang.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Am I unlucky or are fist weapons pretty rare. I want to like them but I never can craft or find any decent ones.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!
Everyone knows mages can teleport through dungeon windows, right? :v: But rogues can apparently do it too! Go to a window, jump, and then use Intercept [1]. You'll go right through :)

Warriors can somehow do it too with their dash but it doesn't seem very repeatable..

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Not sure why you'd want to though since that means you're now stuck inside a dungeon surrounded on all sides by very angry monsters with no way to retreat.

Sounds like a good way to get yourself killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Neruz posted:

Not sure why you'd want to though since that means you're now stuck inside a dungeon surrounded on all sides by very angry monsters with no way to retreat.

Sounds like a good way to get yourself killed.

It's a good idea once you've fought your way partway through it and die to some bullshit boss doing twice your hp in damage.

• Locked thread