Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Kegluneq posted:

For added fun, try to work out what kind of shot that was.
A rimshot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Kegluneq posted:

For added fun, try to work out what kind of shot that was.

He was served with deportation papers.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Geokinesis posted:

He was served with deportation papers.

:golfclap:

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
More Qatada stuff from the Telegraph:

I can't make those numbers add up

lets go swimming fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 8, 2013

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

onoflalks posted:

Yeah, Qatada won the previous one but is now two behind, implying that May was already two ahead at that point? Shame, as it's not a bad comic in concept.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

onoflalks posted:

The numbers look perfectly fine to me. May bt Qatada 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 97-95.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Cloud Potato posted:

The numbers look perfectly fine to me. May bt Qatada 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 97-95.

It's just clicked for me now, I don't know what I was thinking earlier but the last set isn't the total number of games of previous sets won :v:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

Andy Murray won at Wimbledon, will probably be knighted.

Telegraph:

Hoverhands! Related image - Miliband and Cameron at Wimbledon.

Independent:

Gove rewriting the curriculum.

Daily Mail:
"Abu Qatada has been deported to Jordan."

quote:

“You’re wasting your time, Abu. Even if you improve the Brits aren’t going to want you back.”

Express:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Birds and foxes:
One of the microphones is a fox tail and there's a swallow diving out of the clock because it can't take these terrible cartoons any more.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's not a swallow, it's (probably) a Peregrine falcon.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

No they didn't

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Imagine a pack of reporters getting that close to number 10 and also waving flags while taking photos.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

BastardySkull posted:

Imagine a pack of reporters getting that close to number 10 and also waving flags while taking photos.
The reporter from the Express is the one waving an upside down fox.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on G4S and the death of Jimmy Mubenga – Security firm face damages claim over killing of deportee as family hails inquest verdict"

Telegraph:

Miliband urges 'historic' changes to Labour's union links

Independent:

Daily Mail:
"The European Court of Human Rights has ruled that it is a breach of human rights to give full life imprisonment to murderers."

quote:

HUMAN RIGHTS DENIED

Express:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No big news sign? No royal family member? No bird?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He did give us the worst Milliband ever though.
fake e: foxtie.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The dog's nose is a pigeon face.

Probably not, but I'm looking way too hard for birds in these things.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Could be that little speck of hair above Ed's brow. Otherwise I'm mystified despite being a pretty good birdwatcher.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

He's. So. Bad.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Daily Mail:
"The European Court of Human Rights has ruled that it is a breach of human rights to give full life imprisonment to murderers."

quote:

HUMAN RIGHTS DENIED
Such as the right of victims to an identity beyond that of their murderer, etc.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kegluneq posted:

Such as the right of victims to an identity beyond that of their murderer, etc.

In fairness, the crimes were in some cases committed decades ago; most people won't remember the names of the victims. There's not really enough room on the slab for both the names and the information, and the image wouldn't work without a lot of slabs, so I don't see how Mac could have done it any other way.

Points taken away for two things, though - it's Douglas Vinter, not Vintner, and there are stones for two of his victims when he only killed one person (his wife).

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

BastardySkull posted:

He's. So. Bad.

Even when the TUC dog is supposed to be threatening he can't help but draw it with the same dazed half-grin at the camera that everybody else has, so it just looks like it's having a seizure. In fact, everybody in those cartoons looks like they're staging it for an amateur home video.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

In fairness, the crimes were in some cases committed decades ago; most people won't remember the names of the victims. There's not really enough room on the slab for both the names and the information, and the image wouldn't work without a lot of slabs, so I don't see how Mac could have done it any other way.

He could have shot himself.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Whybird posted:

Even when the TUC dog is supposed to be threatening he can't help but draw it with the same dazed half-grin at the camera that everybody else has, so it just looks like it's having a seizure. In fact, everybody in those cartoons looks like they're staging it for an amateur home video.

Can we get a post of his Clarkson caricature because gently caress me if that's not a better Clarkson than Milliband.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SedanChair posted:

He could have shot himself.

That's not murder, though. (Or does suicide also count as murder simultaneously?)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

prefect posted:

That's not murder, though. (Or does suicide also count as murder simultaneously?)

I thought he was talking about Mac.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Rust Martialis posted:

Can we get a post of his Clarkson caricature because gently caress me if that's not a better Clarkson than Milliband.

Dear God, it is Jeremy Clarkson in lipstick. Looks like he's only drawn Clarkson once before, in disguise as The Stig.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

Dear God, it is Jeremy Clarkson in lipstick. Looks like he's only drawn Clarkson once before, in disguise as The Stig.
His actual Clarkson isn't too bad.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Jesus, that makes her look about 12 foot tall. Also, reaslistic-ish May and then those two in the back looking like knockoff muppets looks weird.

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 10, 2013

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

The Home Office is a literal office, and Theresa May is an Elder God summoned to this plane by a golden trophy blood ritual

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Qatada Jordan wgah'nagl fhtagn

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the privatisation of the Royal Mail – Business secretary Vince Cable says postal service sell-off will not threaten universal service obligation"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Non-Brits: Referencing Postman Pat.

Daily Mail:
"The Government are selling off Royal Mail."

quote:

“Ah, Geoffrey. I’ve researched Royal Mail shares and I think we should buy.”

Express:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Cloud Potato posted:

Daily Mail:
"The Government are selling off Royal Mail."

quote:

“Ah, Geoffrey. I’ve researched Royal Mail shares and I think we should buy.”

...what? Is this another bizarre insight into Mac's marriage?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Postmen buggered my wife so go ahead and privatise the lot.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

baka kaba posted:

...what? Is this another bizarre insight into Mac's marriage?

I think it's a take on the old "lonely housewife has affair with postman" joke. I was angry and confused for a second when I thought he was trying to say RM postmen just lie around having orgies all day and thus need privatisation to give them a kick up the arse, but then it clicked.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Royalmail being privatised is going to gently caress my dad over quite abit, on a side note my dad said in the past they did the whole free shares thing. 2 years later he got told by the government they were useless.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Trident base row – MoD proposal to designate Faslane as UK sovereign military base if Scots vote for independence sparks Whitehall row"

Independent:

MP pay rise suggested by watchdog. After W. Heath Robinson.

Daily Mail:
"MPs are recommended to have a huge rise."

quote:

“At this very moment I am hosting a meeting of like -minded MPs to discuss the appalling possibility of a huge pay rise.”

Express:

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Now I want a briefcase with my job title on it too. :( Couldn't he have drawn some easily recognisable members of the cabinet or something instead? They're a funny-looking bunch, other cartoonists have great fun drawing them.

I also like the news stand, in English, no less, on an otherwise barren alien planet.

edit: and the fact that Britain is ENORMOUS compared to continental Europe. And Africa and the Indian sub-continent must be at the south pole (or they don't exist, wouldn't surprise me for the Express). And the three different planets with visible rings apparently all in our solar system to be that close to Earth. There's just so many terrible things about that cartoon, I keep noticing new ones hidden away.

Stottie Kyek fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 12, 2013

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
How will the bird breathe without a fishbowl space helmet? And what is radiating off the MPs?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

big scary monsters posted:

How will the bird breathe without a fishbowl space helmet? And what is radiating off the MPs?
That's not a bird, it's a long serpentine alien with a foxtail sneaking out of another crater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
Are signs with the front page headline in big bold letters really that uncommon/archaic in the UK that they're what people choose to mock about his cartoons? One or two of them are out the front of pretty much every newsagent here in Australia.

• Locked thread