Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

So if there's a goon movement to form a Pub guild on Jedi Covenant I'll tag along, because the Prime Defense guys basically just go on ops and group with each other now without and it's really annoying.

Yeah, I gave up after I was still a recruit after 2 months or so. I doubt we have enough to form a guild though, I was just going to focus on imp characters with TNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

So if there's a goon movement to form a Pub guild on Jedi Covenant I'll tag along, because the Prime Defense guys basically just go on ops and group with each other now without and it's really annoying.

I'm totally up for that !

But I'm playing EU timezone only :smith:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am also JC Republic.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

They lost a lot of members when server transfers hit. It's just a few PvPers and one 8 man left on JC now in PD.

A few of us are Imp side Pot5 and Imp side JC in TNG right now.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Still not sure if I'm going to stick with the game, but my level 19 Sentinel is on JC.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
My main character, lvl 52 sentinel is on JC.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I've got a few Republic alts, and we still have the old name Goon Squad. We should see about kicking it back up. I'll probably be leveling my Smuggler off and on for the near future.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
To add to the Nadia Romance is Creepy evidence pile, I just started leveling Biochem on my Consular. One of Nadia's little sayings when you send her on a mission is "Thanks for trusting me." Hello, daddy issues.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So, I have my Cybertech at 400/400, but I need 401 to train advanced cybertech (and scavenging I guess?) How do I get that extra 1 point, because what I've been crafting so far doesn't seem to do it. Preferred player at lvl 46 currently.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
You should just need 400 for the training, but you have to own the RotHC expansion.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Ravenfood posted:

So, I have my Cybertech at 400/400, but I need 401 to train advanced cybertech (and scavenging I guess?) How do I get that extra 1 point, because what I've been crafting so far doesn't seem to do it. Preferred player at lvl 46 currently.

You should be able to purchase Advanced Cybertech directly from the trainer once you are at 400, assuming you have purchased the Makeb expansion (I think it's locked to 400 if you haven't).

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
You have to buy the "Advanced Cybertech" skill from the crew skill trainer for 10k. After that, old recipes (I think I used mods) should get you from 400-410, then you get new recipes at 410,420,430 and 440 that you can raise your skill in.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So I've been leveling Armstech on my new character and it appears I have made a huge mistake.

VVV Yeah this is my first guy. Oh well.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 8, 2013

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

euphronius posted:

So I've been leveling Armstech on my new character and it appears I have made a huge mistake.

I think Armstech and Armormech are good to have if you already have at least a Cybertech for mods and armorings, and an Artificer for enhancements and hilts. When you have a bunch of alts it's nice to be able to keep them in purples without buying anything from the GTN.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Leveling my first character as Biochem has been awesome since I like being able to solo Heroic 2's. Also, implants are cool.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bonds0097 posted:

Leveling my first character as Biochem has been awesome since I like being able to solo Heroic 2's. Also, implants are cool.

Yeah, all of my new characters past my Artifice, Cybertech and Armstech are Biochem, Slicing and Underworld Trading. I have one Bio/Bio/Diplomacy guy who makes all the reusables for the others, and gathered mats for them to get to 450. With 4 of my characters slicing, I get a ton of missions for all the other guys. It's a beautiful thing.

Biochem is really the must-have trade skill at 450 again, just like in the beginning, because it's the only skill where you can make something that you can only use with your skill. Cybertech didn't get any improved reusable grenades, Artifice can't make their own high end BOP relics, but Biochem get the new reusable medpacs/stims/adrenals.

DJDace
Mar 23, 2005
Professional Idiot - When to comes to stupid, we don't fuck around!

Medullah posted:

Yeah, all of my new characters past my Artifice, Cybertech and Armstech are Biochem, Slicing and Underworld Trading. I have one Bio/Bio/Diplomacy guy who makes all the reusables for the others, and gathered mats for them to get to 450. With 4 of my characters slicing, I get a ton of missions for all the other guys. It's a beautiful thing.

Biochem is really the must-have trade skill at 450 again, just like in the beginning, because it's the only skill where you can make something that you can only use with your skill. Cybertech didn't get any improved reusable grenades, Artifice can't make their own high end BOP relics, but Biochem get the new reusable medpacs/stims/adrenals.

Glad I opted for Biochem with my new Operative then! After leveling Artifice on my Jugg at launch and feeling pretty underwhelmed by it, I vowed to only level a confirmed useful crew skill on any new character (namely either Biochem for re-useable stims or Cybertech for re-useable specialty grenades). Sounds like Bio is the one that got some extra love at 450.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Promethium posted:

You should be able to purchase Advanced Cybertech directly from the trainer once you are at 400, assuming you have purchased the Makeb expansion (I think it's locked to 400 if you haven't).
This might be it, then.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Medullah posted:

I think Armstech and Armormech are good to have if you already have at least a Cybertech for mods and armorings, and an Artificer for enhancements and hilts. When you have a bunch of alts it's nice to be able to keep them in purples without buying anything from the GTN.

Armstech 450 was my first crafting skill and it was a mistake. People who have both Armstech and Slicing will flood the market with Augments and Barrels at materials cost - they still make a profit because they were able to Slice one or two of the purple materials. So, unless you also have Armstech/Slicing and are willing to farm 450 slicing missions, you're better off just buying off the GTN.

Some people think like me and have tried to stabilize the market, though. Most Advanced 28 augments sell for 100K, which is mats cost. I've been selling for 150K, which is a price that was cheap before some great market crash in the recent past. People buy mine over the ultra cheap ones, but not consistently.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Yeah I do okay selling augments and barrels on my Armstech but not great. There are a lot of empty holes on the armstech market so it's easy to be the only person selling a certain level of thing, especially if you start buying/finding augment schmeatics, but everything sells a lot slower. I tend to be able to sell augments for 24,999 each pretty easily, but I don't sell a whole lot at a time.

Cybertech or Biochem (or artifice if you're a Jedi/Sith) should be your first considerations always.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Is there some new Shadow Tank/DPS hybrid FOTM? Just did a Hard Mode Hammer Station and noticed the Shadow DPS was in tank stance. We mentioned a few times he needed to switch to a DPS stance or he was going to draw aggro from the actual tank, and when he didn't reply we vote kicked him. Next DPS in the queue was ALSO a Shadow, in tank stance. He at least switched to a DPS stance, but all his gear was +defense/+shield. The weird thing was the 2nd one was using Voltaic Slash (or whatever the shadow equivalent is), so I know he was spec'd as middle tree, but was in all tank gear...did I just get unlucky twice in a row?

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Nipponophile posted:

I've got a few Republic alts, and we still have the old name Goon Squad. We should see about kicking it back up. I'll probably be leveling my Smuggler off and on for the near future.

I wouldn't mind an invite if you've got the power. Name's Hypnobeard.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I'd be happy to put my JC republic alts in a Goon Squad. Right now I have my Sage in a pubbie guild just for the XP bonus as I slowly get her from 51 to 55.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Yeah my roommate and I would do a JC Republic guild. He doesn't have much interest in endgame content but I'd be down to check out the OPs and everything at some point. Plus every bit of bonus XP helps.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Yeah, I'm on JC and I'd be happy to have a reason to turn guild chat back on (without having to read discussions about who would win in a fight, Chuck Norris or bacon).

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Crindee posted:

Yeah, I'm on JC and I'd be happy to have a reason to turn guild chat back on (without having to read discussions about who would win in a fight, Chuck Norris or bacon).

Clearly the winner would be Hodor. :colbert:

(If this gets going, please let me in. :negative: )

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I have a 20 something Trooper chilling on the Republic side.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Just transferred my Level 33 Marauder to JC (don't know why didn't roll there to start) and would appreciate an invite to TNG. Name is Llorrak. Just working on leveling up and experiencing the story mainly, will definitely be rolling some Republic Characters too.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Goon Squad - Republic side Jedi Covenant is now active! again

I'm gonna be on my Smuggler for a couple of hours tonight. Message Oedwin for an invite.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I have a guild on JC Republic called <They Came From Behind> if dudes want a place to chill in. I'm never on republic tho so message Sethe over in Thats No Moon and I'll get some invites going.

EDIT: ^^ Oh did not see this.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

WarLocke posted:

Quick random question: Can you move the game from one computer to another with a sufficiently large flash drive/external HD, or do you actually need to download/install it on the second computer to get hooks in the registry or other such things?

Hey WarLocke, did you ever end up doing this? How did it work out if so?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Strategy posted:

Can anyone comment or mercenary pve healing? How does it compare to sorcerer end game?

I know they are poo poo in PvP but id rather DPS there anyway.

I have a 35 sorc and a 25 merc and heat as a resource just seems so limiting. Does it get easier with higher up talents?

I have a merc, op and sorc healer all at 55. Most recently I've been playing my merc, due to my others being stranded on different servers blah blah, but I've finally got all 3 back together and I've been spending some time on my op and sorc again, trying to decide which one I like best.

I think there are pro's and con's to all of them but the more I play the more I think the merc is my favourite, although not necessarily the "best".

What I really like about my merc is that I'm tough as anything, anything starts pounding on me, I just stand there and take it until one of the tanks picks it up. I rarely have to worry about my own health. With a sorc, I dont find it too bad, I just bubble myself. Both of those classes I also have a knockback (although it's usually bad for the group if you use those in a raid). My operative definitely feels the most squishy to me.

The other thing I find is that with the merc and the sorc, healing myself doesn't come at the expense of healing others. My merc has Kolto Overload for those "oh poo poo" moments and I'll find myself popping that right at the end of Titan 6 or Styrak, just so I dont have to worry about my own health and can concentrate on the group. 8 seconds of 30% health can be a really long time. For a sorc you've also got the instant heal that works on only yourself (can't remember the name). With my operative, if I need to heal myself then I'm using a heal that I could have used on others.

Sorcs have the best bubble, merc's have Kolto Shell which can be used on one person, and the damage reduction screen from a talented supercharged gas which is pretty good. Operatives, nothing.

However, Recuperative Nanotech is my favourite aoe heal by far. You dont have to place it like you do with merc or sorc aoe heals, you just pick one person and it will heal them and 3 others nearby. It has a reasonably quick cooldown and anyone who is getting the heal from it can move anywhere and the healing continues. Kolto Probes are also really cheap for the amount of healing that they do, and Surgical Probe can be a godsend in certain situations. Operative is definitely more "clicky" than the others, in that I'm constantly switching from person to person in the raid frame. With my merc I'll usually have one person targeted (mostly the tank) for my pew-pew free heals, while I chuck Kolto Missiles down on the group.

I also really really miss my pew-pew healing when I'm not on my merc. Sometime's, particularly on my sorc, I'll have downtime where I'm not doing anything but waiting for cooldowns or energy regen, but on my merc I'm shooting out heals constantly.

I personally find sorc healing really boring and merc healing the most interesting. I definitely think merc healing is the most challenging and it's far easier to be a bad merc healer than a bad sorc healer.

My raid group runs with a merc and op healer and I think the combination of the two works really well together. We're progessing through HM TfB these days, and it is certainly possible to do end game raiding without a sorc healer.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So I invited about 6 people to Goon Squad tonight and missed one more while I was AFK (sorry!). I'm sure if a few more of the other folks who professed interest in the thread show up and we pick up a few TNG alts, we'll have enough to make a go of it. I figure after a few days of getting invites to everyone and getting transfers settled and so on, we can take stock and see where we stand as regards raid interest and whatnot.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

time for my monthly "Are there character transfers yet?"

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Ajax posted:

Hey WarLocke, did you ever end up doing this? How did it work out if so?

No, I just re-downloaded it on the new computer. :eng99:

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

time for my monthly "Are there character transfers yet?"

Yes, for 1800 Cartel Coins.

Kuri
Jun 26, 2009
I'm getting some wonky returns on the /who for Goon Squad on JC - what are some character names to look for? Oedwin doesn't look to be on, and I'm growing weary of "hey wanna join my guild we r awsum" every ten feet.

Skrills
Jun 16, 2011
Just got back into the game after the cancel you preorder exodus 2012. Looking for some peoples to play with on Prophecy of Five.
Had a Battlemaster Commando in the old starfleet dental before unsubbing, but just tried mixing it up with the empire by leveling a Jugg and Sniper.
Jugg is near 50, picking up RotC so he'll see 55..

Anyway I'm just looking for some goons to play with - I don't care what faction. I'm pretty casual and DFA. Any goons out there on p5

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Nipponophile posted:

So I invited about 6 people to Goon Squad tonight and missed one more while I was AFK (sorry!). I'm sure if a few more of the other folks who professed interest in the thread show up and we pick up a few TNG alts, we'll have enough to make a go of it. I figure after a few days of getting invites to everyone and getting transfers settled and so on, we can take stock and see where we stand as regards raid interest and whatnot.

That musta been me that PM'ed you while you were AFK. :)

No worries or rush, I'll probably ask tomorrow but I got three alts to transfer between guilds so I ope that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Nipponophile posted:

I'm defintely down for switching over so I'll keep an eye out for when you're on.

• Locked thread