Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
:toot: Evo stream schedules released! :toot:

I'm kind of upset that KOF finals is going to be at 10am, but I guess I'll live. It's still a shame about Tekken and Persona though, even if they did have a low number of entrants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Why the flying gently caress would they put KOF on first, it should be the lead-in for marvel and AE like last year since it's inevitably gonna be hype and people need to be able to get drunk before it starts, while during injustice and smash they're gonna want to drink, it's a catastrophic misstep by mr wizard.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
It's purely based on # of entrants I think.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wow what a missed opportunity. KOF Finals were a huge highlight last year and now its at 10am. Way to loving go guys.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

It's purely based on # of entrants I think.

So then why would the game with the third most number of entrants be the second earliest?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
To be fair, someone has to go on that 10AM slot and it's gonna annoy people regardless. The last blocks are guaranteed to be Marvel and AE, the KI presentation prolly has some sponsorship money pushing it farther into the schedule, Melee donated a fuckton to charity and Injustice is the "new game". KOF kinda drew the short stick, which sucks.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

PonchAxis posted:

Wow what a missed opportunity. KOF Finals were a huge highlight last year and now its at 10am. Way to loving go guys.

It's mostly by number of entrants -- if it had gotten slightly less, it might be on Saturday or Friday even. And despite having a hype finals last year, that doesn't really indicate much about how good it'll be this year. Especially considering Bala's absence, and just the general dying down of the hype surrounding KOF. If it's just 4 CafeID players in the top 4, it might honestly be one of the lamer finals of the tournament.

NecroMonster posted:

So then why would the game with the third most number of entrants be the second earliest?

PonchAxis posted:

Also I can't believe they're going to stream MK Pools but no Persona or Tekken pools. Doesn't MK have like the smallest number of entrants?

I can't help but think these things are direct reactions to the NRS community feeling wronged in the past.

Brett824 fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 8, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The only catastrophic misstep here is that KoF13 top 8s never finish in two hours so the whole final day's gonna be behind from the get-go.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Also I can't believe they're going to stream MK Pools but no Persona or Tekken pools. Doesn't MK have like the smallest number of entrants?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

Because it's a game not exactly adored by the community, I assume they simply wanted to avoid stream monster rage by having it like this.

PonchAxis posted:

I think the guy running the srkevo2 stream is a dedicated MK/Injustice-streamer, so having only those two games there was probably a part of the deal.

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 8, 2013

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Brett824 posted:

It's mostly by number of entrants -- if it had gotten slightly less, it might be on Saturday or Friday even. And despite having a hype finals last year, that doesn't really indicate much about how good it'll be this year. Especially considering Bala's absence, and just the general dying down of the hype surrounding KOF. If it's just 4 CafeID players in the top 4, it might honestly be one of the lamer finals of the tournament.

I've posted twice about how this year this going to be a lot more competitive with a lot of country variety in this thread, it's pretty unlikely cafeID will have more than 1-2 players in top 8, even if madKOF is very likely. The sheer amount of top tier players coming from Japan, Taiwan, Mexico and France is going to make it ridiculous, especially with some of the high execution poo poo that only like YangYaoRen and some of the japanese players can do. It's harder for americans to keep up to date on KOF stuff though due to the kind of stale scene in terms of new players but since Climax came out in arcades the areas with strong arcade scenes have got a lot better. The KOF scene is really cool in general too, like every top player evangelises the poo poo out of it all the time and just want more and more people to play it, which you all should, because it's ridiculously fun.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

The only catastrophic misstep here is that KoF13 top 8s never finish in two hours so the whole final day's gonna be behind from the get-go.

There isn't a chance in hell that KI demo will just be a half hour either.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
These times are all PST, I assume? At least I think Vegas is in PST

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Omnikin posted:

These times are all PST, I assume? At least I think Vegas is in PST

Yes

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

So what happened here? I unfortunately missed the entire thing last night except grand finals.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Gutcruncher posted:

So what happened here? I unfortunately missed the entire thing last night except grand finals.

Marn went two up on Fchamp out of nowhere and everyone got excited but it's Marn so you know how this story ends.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
It was in losers too, and Marn got FChamp down to just Doom in the 2-1 and 2-2 games only to choke it away. I think that gif happened right after Marn took the 2nd game.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
To add to the hilarity, it all happened the same day as a bunch of League-related Marn drama started coming up.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/427247410

I don't know how to add timestamps but the Marn/FChamp match starts at 5:41:30.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

SRK is doing another pre-EVO screening of old B4/B5/EVO DVDs. Worth watching even if you caught it last year, there are some hilarious classic moments.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/08/int...ay-at-evo-2013/

That's a disgustingly stacked 3on3 exhibition for AE, and Team South America are three Brazilians, yay.

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran
I hope for more exhibition silliness like I Wanna Be The Guy Gaiden again.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/new?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=www.eventhubs.com

Alex Valle has a bunch of West Coast players over for training and a small tournament.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

Brett824 posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

SRK is doing another pre-EVO screening of old B4/B5/EVO DVDs. Worth watching even if you caught it last year, there are some hilarious classic moments.
Haha, clicked this link just in time to catch Aris hitting on Kayo.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Nintendo has said that Evo can't stream Smash.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
The gently caress? I understand going after people on Youtube but they're being pissy about this?

What a dumb company.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

kaujot posted:

What :psyduck:

I guess Nintendo doesn't want to cater to their hardcore fanbase??

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

kaujot posted:

Nintendo is so goddamn out of touch sometimes.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

cronox2 posted:

The gently caress? I understand going after people on Youtube but they're being pissy about this?

They actually went back on that, which makes them taking down Melee seem even more insane.

But the games it's being replaced with are totally more entertaining anyway, so I'm hardly bothered.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

nerdbot posted:

They actually went back on that, which makes them taking down Melee seem even more insane.

But the games it's being replaced with are totally more entertaining anyway, so I'm hardly bothered.

I mean, I completely agree but I still don't get it.

Do we have a revised schedule somewhere?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So...what's the stream schedule since they took out Melee?

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/09/changes-to-evo-2013-smash-schedule/

quote:

Smash has been removed from the stream schedule and replaced with a mix of Persona 4 Arena and King of Fighters XIII
Smash Finals have been moved from Sunday to Saturday, 2:00 PM
Persona 4 Arena Finals have been moved to Sunday, 10:00 AM
King of Fighters XIII Finals have beem moved to Sunday, 12:00 PM

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.

New Stream Schedule for those asking.

e: Nintendo is a weird and out of touch company and I have no clue why they wouldn't let EVO stream melee (Besides the awful community which I doubt that's why), but it's funny people trying to talk about how this'll be bad press when probably less than 100k will know and/or care, and Melee and Brawl both sold 7 million a piece.

e2: should have let ST or SG in instead lol

Not Dave fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 9, 2013

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

nerdbot posted:

Oh I'm way more into P4A and hope to see Apple in the grand finals again but way to poo poo on your fans Nintendo. I bet they don't even know about the amount of money that got donated for Smash.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
E: Beaten. At least KOF isn't at 10am anymore yeesh. But they should loving replace Killer Instinct with KOF because CMON MAN.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Wow. That's rough after that community donated so much to get the game at Evo in the first place. Wtf Nintendo.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

More KoF and P4A. Good move by Nintendo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah apparently they didn't let MLG stream it either when it was on there.

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/354727239511842817

Wizard/Cannons should have straight up asked nintendo before putting a goddamn schedule up.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

slev posted:

Wow. That's rough after that community donated so much to get the game at Evo in the first place. Wtf Nintendo.

Do you think they have any clue in the world that any of that stuff happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I remember during the Video Games Live orchestra stream, Nintendo permitted them to play the music but they couldn't stream it, so when the Nintendo segments came up the Twitch feed just became Tommy Tallarico or someone like that rambling about music backstage :psyduck: