Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath three Ravenwing bikes by Games Workshop for July
I had already cut up a few of these guys to swap arms and weapons before the theme was announced, so to show that I did convert them I included pictures of the unmodded bits in the photo, as a sort of retroactive before and after:

I took Dark Vengeance bikes and did some simple arm/hand swaps to make them less repetitive:

Gotta Do This Bonus Style! I, SRM, am making an additional Oath!
I am oathing ten counts-as Iron Warriors Plague Marines, made with Games Workshop bits.

And some additional WIP photos for clarity:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
I, Derlix, oath these botes!

That's two Zenos, two Platos, Five Galens and five Thales ships, for Dystopian Wars by Spartan Games.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Serotonin posted:

I, Serotonin, oath 1 Shaltari Gaia Heavy Gate, 2 Spirit Light Gates and 4 stands of Shaltari Braves (12 troops)for Dropzone Commander by Hawk Wargames for July

Nice to see more DzC in here - I think that makes 3 folks who've painted DzC stuff now. Looking forward to seeing these after your Shaltari in the DzC thread.

Gomo
Mar 26, 2012
Hey guys working through my test model today, and I can't decide how to paint the face plate of the MKIII armor. If you guys have any suggestions I would love some help. Thanks! (side note they are Iron Warriors)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
As someone also working on Iron Warriors, I'd leave the faceplate gunmetal colored. I think gold would look kinda tacky, and there aren't many other options for Iron Warriors than that.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

For speed painting, do you need to do the base as well?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Oath complete.....over two months late....after failing to save the whales. gently caress it, they're done eventually and that's also good (just not for competition points).

One Orc Blood Bowl team:

From left to right: Lineorc, Goblin, Thrower, Blitzer, Black Orc Blocker, Troll. There's a part of me that thinks that the troll should have been highlighted much brighter than it was, another part of me that's happy with having a much darker creature backing up my bright skinned orcs.

Oh and I think these photos may be the best I've taken yet, even though there is still room for improvement. Please feel free to yell at me about what to change.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 8, 2013

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Wazzu posted:

Oath complete.....over two months late....after failing to save the whales. gently caress it, they're done eventually and that's also good (just not for competition points).

One Orc Blood Bowl team:

From left to right: Lineorc, Goblin, Thrower, Blitzer, Black Orc Blocker, Troll. There's a part of me that thinks that the troll should have been highlighted much brighter than it was, another part of me that's happy with having a much darker creature backing up my bright skinned orcs.

Oh and I think these photos may be the best I've taken yet, even though there is still room for improvement. Please feel free to yell at me about what to change.

Those photos look superb.

Grabpot Thundergust
Jul 6, 2010

Gomo posted:

Hey guys working through my test model today, and I can't decide how to paint the face plate of the MKIII armor. If you guys have any suggestions I would love some help. Thanks! (side note they are Iron Warriors)

If in doubt, hazard stripes!

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I like it with just the metal personally.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

moths posted:

If you want the point for basing, yes - the finished picture is basically your Oath Complete picture.

Wazzu posted:

These are great photos! The only thing I'd suggest is allowing some extra area space on the sides so it doesn't look like elbows are about to cut off - basically, don't crop it too tight. Other than that they look really good.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

:siren: I TarDolphinorShark oath 1 Pathfinder Goblin from Reaper. :siren:

She will be getting a new item for the cut and swap ingredient so this is a before pic.

A_Bluenoser
Jan 13, 2008
...oh where could that fish be?...
Nap Ghost
I, A_Bluenoser, oath these 24 French Napoleonic Infanterie de Ligne from Baccus Miniatures. The scale is 6mm.

The are also a themed group (2nd company of the 1st battalion of generic regiment of French line infantry).

Sadly I missed June due to the summer sailing season starting and an unexpected bout of boat building but things seem to have settled down so time to get going on minis again :).

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Ok judges, stupid question time, I did ask about this before but got hella busy and didn't do anything about it at the time and I'm not sure I remember the answer :saddowns:

For the 'get based out!' competition, I've already made a base in June but it's completely paint free (but I don't have a timestamped photo of it being built) - Did I need to oath the construction of the base? i.e. do I need a timestamp pic with the components and whatnot that I'm using?

or am I able to just oath it either as..

a.) an oath in its own right (i.e. 'I oath to paint this base!')

OR

b.) part of a model

..and still enter it for the 'get based out' competition?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Gomo posted:

Put a light gloss blue in the mask vents. Light blue around them. Eerie glow.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

krushgroove posted:

These are great photos! The only thing I'd suggest is allowing some extra area space on the sides so it doesn't look like elbows are about to cut off - basically, don't crop it too tight. Other than that they look really good.

That's because my lightbox is so small that I didn't want to include the side of the box. Looking back on them now, man do I need my lights pointed more front->back, rather than sides->other side, front are so dark.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

Ok judges, stupid question time, I did ask about this before but got hella busy and didn't do anything about it at the time and I'm not sure I remember the answer :saddowns:

For the 'get based out!' competition, I've already made a base in June but it's completely paint free (but I don't have a timestamped photo of it being built) - Did I need to oath the construction of the base? i.e. do I need a timestamp pic with the components and whatnot that I'm using?

OR

b.) part of a model

The Diorama, Display Board and Get Based Out entry rules are fully updated in the OP, so it should be fully explained now. So far only a couple of people have done their entries and then we got a ton of questions about these mini-competitions, which changed the rules a bit but I'm 'grandfathering in' the already-completed entries so they don't need to post 'before' pictures. The Before pictures, with timestamps, are required purely to prove that you haven't been working on a diorama or whatever for months before the Oath Thread started, and that you start and finish your diorama or display board during the timespan that this Oath Thread is going.

Here are the complete rules, hopefully fully clarified to everyone's satisfaction:
Diorama
2 points for completing, AND you can earn a sweet prize for having the best base, based on the judges' votes!
No additional scoring points to be earned from judges' votes
Separate prize for winner based on judge’s scores: a $25 gift voucher prize, courtesy of goon Zhent!
Everyone knows what a diorama is - basically a scene that you create, assemble and paint using one or more miniature models. Post a picture of your unfinished/unpainted/in bits diorama (with timestamp) before starting, and post the completed pictures before the end of the season to earn your points and be eligible for judging! The completed pictures of your diorama must be from various angles.
Be sure to post 'This is my Diorama entry' when posting your Oath Complete picture to make sure we catch your entry.
NOTE: final pictures must have your name in the photos!

Display Board
1 point for completing, AND you can earn a sweet prize for having the best base, based on the judges' votes!
No additional scoring points to be earned from judges' votes
Separate prize for winner based on judge’s scores: a $25 gift voucher prize, courtesy of goon Zhent!
What’s a display board? Basically it’s nice themed display for your army to sit on. Large tournaments have judging categories for displays, or just use it in your gaming display at home. For examples, see here: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?11490-Tutorial-Building-an-Army-Display-Board and here: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/234170.page and here: http://www.thehogsofwar.com/category/display-board or just Google it: https://www.google.com/search?q=warhammer+display+board
One entry per participant. Post a picture of your unfinished/unpainted/in bits display board (with timestamp) before starting, and post the completed pictures before the end of the season to earn your points and be eligible for judging! The completed pictures of your display board must be from various angles with your army/faction in place.
Be sure to post 'This is my Display Board entry' when posting your Oath Complete picture to make sure we catch your entry.

Get Based Out
0 points for completing, AND you can earn a sweet prize for having the best base, based on the judges' votes!
EXTRA scoring points to be earned from judges' votes
Go all-out making a base! Use your skills and equipment to make a really excellent base that is still playable on the table. 'Playable' means legal and usable for whatever game system the miniature is use for, so no 5" high plinths for a 40K model, no huge building bases for a Flames of War unit, etc.
This mini-competition is different to the two above, because you can submit ANY base you do this season as your Get Based Out entry - you don't need to do a separate base just to qualify. Your Get Based Out entry may be part of any oathed model or it may be separate, however it should be completed as part of a regular oath or an oath addition (thus, completed in one oathing month) - NOT as part of an Alternate Universe oath.
One entry per participant. Post a picture of your unfinished base (with timestamp) before starting, and post the completed picture before the end of the season to earn your points and be eligible for judging!
Be sure to post 'This is my Get Based Out entry' when posting your Oath Complete picture to make sure we catch your entry.

To answer your specific questions, an already-completed base without timestamp unfortunately can't count for any points or for the Get Based Out mini-competition, unless you did it as part of a model you've completed earlier in this thread. For Get Based Out you can oath it as a base only or as part of a model, the first picture needs to be timestamped with the unfinished base and any bits or flock or whatever you're putting on it.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

ineptmule posted:

:siren: Ladies and Gentlegoons! Listen the hell up! It's time to announce the first THEMED GROUP PRIZE!:siren:

Tadhg the dice gods obviously favour painting stupid amounts of miniatures as THIS OATH is the winner of the first theme prize!

A voucher or PayPal to the specified sum in your local currency will be yours! PM me or email n.kirkby at googlemail.com to claim your prize!

Well done to all who painted themed groups! I'm really pleased to see so many entries. There are going to be FIVE more randomly drawn prizes and a final JUDGED prize at the end of the year, so keep painting them groups!

I've been stupidly busy, and didn't see this until now. Woot, and thank you! PM inbound.

Although this reminds me that I need to get off my rear end and send out prizes and goodies to that are sitting in boxes to goons. I have been the worst at getting to the post office.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

krushgroove posted:

<big snip>

To answer your specific questions, an already-completed base without timestamp unfortunately can't count for any points or for the Get Based Out mini-competition, unless you did it as part of a model you've completed earlier in this thread. For Get Based Out you can oath it as a base only or as part of a model, the first picture needs to be timestamped with the unfinished base and any bits or flock or whatever you're putting on it.

Thanks for the clarification :) to be a further pain in the arse, when you say 'completed' and 'unfinished' - are you solely referring to the painted status of the base, and not the building of the base? (As I'm assuming we could enter pre-sculpted resin bases etc. as well as making our own)

If it is whether or not the base has been painted, then hurrah, I shall be adding to my oath later this evening with my base to be painted :)

If not, then boo, I shall make another base at some point in the near future :D

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
At the risk of adding even more words to the OP, let's go with these definitions for now:

unfinished or bare: a blank slab of plastic or MDF
unpainted: simply without paint
completed or finished: all done, with paint, flocking, water effects, model, plants, etc.

I realize that even a timestamp picture for the Get Based Entry doesn't mean that a base hasn't been painted in previous months, but what can ya do, we have to have a bit of trust. The NSA can't track all of our Oath Thread pictures, can they?

can they?

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k

Signal posted:

Wow dude, that's super generous of you. I don't want to steal your well-earned prize though. :D

Well, it was randomly assigned so it's not exactly well-earned. :v:

I'll just go ahead and pester krushgroove for my goodies then. Thanks everyone who donated stuff to the Grab Bag, and the Judges for the points!

\/ That's very kind of you to say.

Squiggly Beast fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 8, 2013

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

OneTrueBru posted:

Well, it was randomly assigned so it's not exactly well-earned. :v:

I'll just go ahead and pester krushgroove for my goodies then. Thanks everyone who donated stuff to the Grab Bag, and the Judges for the points!

I don't think anyone really loses out if you have more stuff to paint, even if it takes a while

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

IrvingWashington posted:

I don't think anyone really loses out if you have more stuff to paint, even if it takes a while

Yup, I said it in the painting thread, and now I'm going to say it here too (albeit in a less creepy way. Sorry about that, I didn't really mean it when I said I wanted to have your baby, it was just a convoluted plan to steal your talent :v: ), I friggin' love your work! I'm actually starting to become a Onetrubru-fan, getting all excited when I see you've posted.

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
Gravy Boat 2k
Thanks guys. :3:

Really though, there's nothing particularly fancy about my painted stuff, it's just the usual basecoat -> wash -> edge-highlights routine.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

Gomo posted:

Hazard stripes?

In all seriousness it looks great

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

OneTrueBru posted:

Really though, there's nothing particularly fancy about my painted stuff, it's just the usual basecoat -> wash -> edge-highlights routine.
Buuuuuullshit. You forgot the special ingredient that makes your models look sooo clean. What is it? And how long does it take you to paint a marine that way?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

moths posted:

krushgroove posted:

If you want the point for basing, yes - the finished picture is basically your Oath Complete picture.

Hmm. Well I'm not sure I agree!

I have been accepting people's timestamp photos for speed painting as entirely separate from oath and oath complete posts. E.g., Bobgoon can post an oath of eight models on July 3, then on July 17 he can post a timestamped image of one model from his oath unpainted, and then on July 27th he can post another photo, with a timestamped image from July 18th less than 24 hours after the first, and that counts as a speed painted model; and then on July 31st he can post an Oath Complete photo, with all 8 models (including the speed painted one) and that post and only that post counts as an Oath Complete post.

This is necessary because speed painting explicitly does not require you to speed-paint your entire Oath.

Secondarily, painting bases is not explicitly required for the speed painting challenge. So, if someone were to speed-paint a model but not finish the base, and then later finish the base along with the rest of their oath (if any) and post a new Oath Complete post, I think I probably wouldn't even notice the discrepancy.

So, I'll just say that I kind of agree with Krushgroove that the spirit of the thing is that you should fully paint your speed-painted model, to the level of done-ness that you would consider complete for your entire Oath, and if that includes doing basing (and getting the point for basing) then you should do the base.

But, frankly I'm not going to track that. I'm going to judge speed-painting photos as a single pair of before/after photos and if all you do to speed-paint is slather on a single-color base coat, dip in a tub of wash, and then call it a day? Well, there's no quality requirement so that's fine.

I will say that I'd prefer it if you put your speed painting before/after photos into your Oath Complete post. I think that makes things easier for everyone to see, and maybe the judges will be impressed by your speed painting (and only photos in the Oath Complete post will go into the judges' gallery). But I don't think that's a rule right now and I won't take back a speed painting point if you fail to do that.

enri posted:

OR

b.) part of a model

Despite his long-windedness I'm not sure Krushgroove has been entirely clear here.

The Oath thread is a painting competition. We would be delighted to see your build process, but it's not a requirement for regular oathed models, including their bases. This is also true of Get Based Out, the Diorama, and the Display Board mini-competitions. You need to show us unpainted stuff, with no more than an undercoat or one base coat of one color on it. If you show us more we will like that.

The only times we require you to show your construction is for conversion challenges, where we need to see what you've done for your conversion work.

krushgroove posted:

Post a picture of your unfinished/unpainted/in bits diorama (with timestamp) before starting,

Slashes are ambiguous (it's not clear from context whether you intend them to be ANDs or ORs). I suggest one of the following:

"Post a picture of your unpainted diorama. It can be in any state of assembly."
or
"Post a picture of the components you will build your diorama out of, in their rawest form. That means no paint, nothing glued together or sculpted, just the figures and raw materials you'll be constructing your diorama from." If this is what you mean, then what I said above is wrong and we actually want to see the construction process for all three of the mini-competitions.

quote:

By "completed" I hope you mean "painted" here. Again by "unfinished" I hope you mean "unpainted". I don't particularly want to be judging whether someone's undercoated but not painted base is actually made of bits and greenstuff, or is a store-bought pre-sculpted base, or some of both.

Moreover, taking a photo of a slab of foam, a hot glue gun, a chunk of MDF, and a tub of spackle probably isn't all that helpful as a "before" photo for a diorama. I'd frankly rather see something more complete...

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 9, 2013

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oathing a Khador Battlegroup box. INcludes the following models:

Warcaster Kommander Sorscha
Destroyer Heavy Warjack
Juggernaut Heavy Warjack

Don't really have anything I can cut and replace or whatever so I'll probably skip that.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
Oath Addition!
1 Cyclops Raider (Privateer Press)

And I plan on cutting his arms to repose him to actually aim his gun, so here's a better before pic:

Original oath:

Mt. ORourke posted:

For July I Oath 1 Epic Hexeris
from Privateer Press

edit: Also krushgroove, I've sent you a PM with shipping info :)

Mt. ORourke fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 9, 2013

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing for July: Yan lo, Soul Porter, Two ashigaru and Izamu the Armour

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Some WIP pictures, I started before getting approval because I will be doing some sculpting and I wanted plenty of time.

Cut her whip and Swapped with a staff. Which will be sculpted not just paperclip.

Here is my original post for a before image:

TarDolphinorShark posted:

:siren: I TarDolphinorShark oath 1 Pathfinder Goblin from Reaper. :siren:

She will be getting a new item for the cut and swap ingredient so this is a before pic.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I Grey Hunter, Wish to add this Kroot Shaper to my oath.

The thunder hammer is there to help me complete the journal for this month. It will be swapped in and some form of jaunty hat will be added.

For anyone wondering, This is a player from my Rogue Trader game, hence the imperial equipment.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fyrbrand posted:

Oathing a Khador Battlegroup box. INcludes the following models:

Privateer Press, right?

Ledgem posted:

Oathing for July: Yan lo, Soul Porter, Two ashigaru and Izamu the Armour

Miniature maker, please

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

<snip>
But, frankly I'm not going to track that. I'm going to judge speed-painting photos as a single pair of before/after photos <snip>
I will say that I'd prefer it if you put your speed painting before/after photos into your Oath Complete post.

<snip>(RE: Get Based Out, Diorama or Display Board) I suggest one of the following:

"Post a picture of your unpainted diorama. It can be in any state of assembly."

Just to de-muddle the muddled mess I created, Leperflesh and I talked about this and this is what we're going with. My apologies everyone for being wishy-washy at times, I do try to encompass everything I can think of and be very literal with my explanations, and that leads to being very wordy at times. And then at other times I can be very hand-waving and just be like 'well, whatever, that's cool' - that's all my fault! I'm working on that poo poo :P Anyway, the answers I posted earlier should have been more succinct, in addition the rules for Dioramas, Display Boards and Get Based out are already pretty clear in that it's 'post a picture with timestamp of your unpainted' whatever-you've-got, so that's that. As for speed painting, I don't want to create any more work for Leperflesh (my god have you seen that Google Spreadsheet? I can barely get sums to work, I have no idea how he's created all that magic) so I took out the recently-added requirement for basing on the Speed Painting bonus - see his quoted post above for how to claim your speed bonus!

Fyrbrand posted:

Don't really have anything I can cut and replace or whatever so I'll probably skip that.

Don't forget that you can still get a point by doing a previous month's Jurnal! That would be 3 WIP pictures or Battle Damage!

lovestick posted:

SHAME! DISHONOUR! A failed oath for the month of June!

I accept all responsibilities for wearing the Oathbreaker Avatar of Penitence,

I certainly hope you do! And you better post soon with your NEW AWESOME OATHBREAKER AVATAR!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 9, 2013

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Privateer Press, right?

Yeah, my bad. It's PP.

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
Gravy Boat 2k

Pierzak posted:

Buuuuuullshit. You forgot the special ingredient that makes your models look sooo clean. What is it? And how long does it take you to paint a marine that way?

It's difficult to pin an exact figure on anything - as I tend to paint in short bursts and get easily distracted - but probably ~4 hours once all the little details are factored in. The basic stuff is fast, but the time spent faffing around with eyes, seals, bolters, plasma coils, kneepads (:argh:) adds up pretty quickly. Raphael probably took me closer to 8-9 hours, due to his stripey-sword, tabard, exposed face etc.

Oh, the special ingredient is just varnish. Finish off a model with a gloss, then matte coat - it's amazing how much that seems to improve appearance.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: ATTENTION PRIZEWINNERS :siren:

All your loot is in the post as of tomorrow :)

EXCEPT:
Under 15
Gomo
Icon Of Sin

^^^ you guys need to get me your details so I can have your awesome new brushes sent to you :)

Please PM me or email me at krushgroove169 at gmail with your deets!

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Miniature maker, please

Oh sorry, Malifaux.Should I edit the post and add it in too or is this fine?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

Hmm. Well I'm not sure I agree!

<snip>

By "completed" I hope you mean "painted" here. Again by "unfinished" I hope you mean "unpainted". I don't particularly want to be judging whether someone's undercoated but not painted base is actually made of bits and greenstuff, or is a store-bought pre-sculpted base, or some of both.

krushgroove posted:

Just to de-muddle the muddled mess I created, Leperflesh and I talked about this and this is what we're going with.

<snip>

Anyway, the answers I posted earlier should have been more succinct, in addition the rules for Dioramas, Display Boards and Get Based out are already pretty clear in that it's 'post a picture with timestamp of your unpainted' whatever-you've-got, so that's that.

Sorry for being a pain in the arse :ohdear:

Having said that...

:toot::siren: Oath addition! I enri, hereby oath to paint one 40mm base, made by Games Workshop, this is.. er.. 28mm scale?! :siren::toot:

This will be my 'get based out!' entry but I'll mention that again in my oath complete post just to be thorough about it :)

Hope that's all cool :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

enri posted:

Hope that's all cool :ohdear:

It's not just cool, it's icy hot!

Nah you're fine, it's fine, we're all fine, nothing to see here.

However...

:siren: MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT THINGS AND STUFF! :siren:

First up: TIEBREAKERS!
Just in case we have any issues at the end of the oath season (April 2014), here's the sequence of things we'll look at to decide any ties in the points:
First tiebreaker is the number of completed oaths, excluding alternate universe oaths
Second tiebreaker is the total number of points given by the three judges
Third tiebreaker is the number of 1st place judgements
Fourth tiebreaker is Detektuv's Jurnal points
Fifth tiebreaker is the number of 2nd place judgements
Sixth tiebreaker is the number of 3rd place judgements

The idea here is to reward consistency and painting skill, plus doing the monthly themes. The normal way to earn points (up to 10 points each month, plus points from the judges) is the best way to get ahead of everyone else of course, but just in case there are any ties, this is how we're going to resolve them. Announcing this now also prevents us having any additional points being introduced later in the season, and should be pretty interesting at the end :)

Next: LINKS TO JUDGE'S PICKS
The other thing I want to announce is something minor but just cool, I've made another table in the OP (the second post actually) with direct links to each judge's...judgments each month. This is just a nice thing to have so everyone knows what they're up against!

Finally: OATHBREAKER REPENTANCE
We've also worked out how to implement the 'repentance' for past failed oaths, which sadly won't involve making any videos of you dancing your way into bloomers made from pizza, but it'll allow everyone to salvage a little bit just in case they haven't been able to finish an oath. The way this works is: complete a Save Da Whales (re-oath a partially completed oath and finish it) and you'll still be eligible for the consistency bonus that you missed out on by initially failing the oath. For details on this works, look for (or do a Control-F for) 'How to Save Your Failed Oath' and 'End-of-Season Bonuses' in the OP. You can do multiple Save Da Whales to earn your way towards multiple consistency bonuses.

Oh, and: SOMETHING ELSE!
We may be announcing something extra-cool for you extra-cool people...once again, stay tuned!

e: added the details for the Oathbreaker Repentance

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 9, 2013

• Locked thread