Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

That was easily the best one so far in my opinion.

I'm getting a little worried that I haven't gotten shipping confirmation for my U.R.G.H. shirt yet, even though other peoples have already arrived. Any other club subscribers in the same boat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Dynamite Dog posted:

Just so everyone knows, spoiler tagging images will not hide them if people are using the iOS Awful app so there may be some not too happy people showing up.

It does it here. Maybe you need to update your app.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
gently caress it, I bought all 4 seasons on Amazon because I have no idea how long the deal is going to last.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Delaio posted:

I'm getting a little worried that I haven't gotten shipping confirmation for my U.R.G.H. shirt yet, even though other peoples have already arrived. Any other club subscribers in the same boat?

I just got my shipping confirmation tonight. I am not sure why it is taking so long to ship some people's shirts when others already have them. I know it is probably a 4 person operation but I can't imagine they have that many subscribers let alone orders.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Djarum posted:

It does it here. Maybe you need to update your app.

Yep, I'm the fool. I'll give you a Hank buck for for the help.

You can't have my Hank bucks:colbert:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Protagorean posted:

gently caress it, I bought all 4 seasons on Amazon because I have no idea how long the deal is going to last.

Buying The Venture Brothers on DVD is pretty much always the smart choice.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dynamite Dog posted:

Just so everyone knows, spoiler tagging images will not hide them if people are using the iOS Awful app so there may be some not too happy people showing up.

Is it similar to the Android app? You can choose to turn Spoiler tags "on" and "off" on that one.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Dynamite Dog posted:

Yep, I'm the fool. I'll give you a Hank buck for for the help.

You can't have my Hank bucks:colbert:

I got plenty of my own. ;)

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Djarum posted:

I just got my shipping confirmation tonight. I am not sure why it is taking so long to ship some people's shirts when others already have them. I know it is probably a 4 person operation but I can't imagine they have that many subscribers let alone orders.

Well it's a relief to know it's not just me, thanks.

Wondering about the number of subscribers led me to dig up this tweet:

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
Could someone do me a huge favor and make an avatar-compatible .gif of the scene from "The Better Man" where Jefferson asks Hank if he's ashamed of his ignorance, even a little, Al chimes in, and Hank just goes "Yeah, constantly"? (1:05 to 1:11 in the video)

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Three-Phase posted:

I don't want to sound like a puritan or anything, but I have to admit, at least on the DVD version, I was surprised by the amount of nudity. (Can you actually get away with non-sexual nudity with TV-MA now, or was it just uncensored on the DVDs for whatever reason?)

In the TV versions, there's a black box covering all the penises. Even Jonas' is blacked out until it turns into Killinger. If you listen to the commentaries, at one point they start talking about how they started having to really think about animation instructions with nudity because the animation studio kept coming back with big, floppy penises. I think it was Doc who said they started putting "and there is no massive flopping dong" in the notes.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

johntfs posted:

I remember seeing James Urbaniak in an episode of CSI: Mi-Hammy when he was being interrogated by the Carusobot. His delivery was pure Rusty Venture. I expected that at any moment he was going to turn on his watch and say "Brock, could you get in here and just kill this red-headed doofus so I can get back to scoring with beach hotties?"

Holy poo poo, I never had any idea what James Urbaniak looks like, now I googled him. I've seen him in million things!

twistedmentat posted:

I'm so insanely happy that the Myra: Hank and Deans mom? has been laid to rest. I always hated the idea that she was their mom. I always picture that the boys mom was a woman who legitimaty had a good relationship with Doc and probably made him a better person, but died not long after the boys were born in some accident, and that broke Doc even worse than before. Why he got the idea to make the clone bank of the boys, so he could never lose them he lost their mother.

Wow, are you going to be disappointed. :smith:

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 9, 2013

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkCrawler posted:

Hank and Dean's mom is gonna end up being Orpheus' ex-wife.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
In "Assisted Suicide", there's the scenes with The Rusty's Id and its harem. Makes it likely it's someone we've met (Dr. Girlfriend being my favorite outside chance).

Of course, they'll just as likely have a more interesting idea. I do think they have a mom, though - I don't think they're clones or test tube babies. Ben says about as much in the Halloween special.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Given the timeline with Jonas Sr.'s death and Rusty's subsequent dropping out, wouldn't the boy's mom be someone Rusty met in college?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

e X posted:

Given the timeline with Jonas Sr.'s death and Rusty's subsequent dropping out, wouldn't the boy's mom be someone Rusty met in college?

Yes, the boys' mom is clearly Baron Underbheit.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm leaning towards the boys being abandoned by their mother with Rusty not actually knowing for sure who she was other than someone he slept with.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've read All You Zombies and have some interesting theories about who the Venture Mom is.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do tell please

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Delaio posted:

I subscribed for both my husband and I. I just got a shipping notice for his URGH shirt and not mine. The first set was sent together so now I'm worried.

Dingis
Oct 4, 2002

It's going to kill us with its awesome Avatar powers!

Comrade Quack posted:

I subscribed for both my husband and I. I just got a shipping notice for his URGH shirt and not mine. The first set was sent together so now I'm worried.

There might have been some issues on the first run, or I was unlucky. My Palaemon shirt had a couple burn holes in the sleeve. If it was more than a few shirts there might be delays from sending out replacements on top of sending out the next batch.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Sash! posted:

I've read All You Zombies and have some interesting theories about who the Venture Mom is.

Would that make Hatred a future transgendered Doc?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RandallODim posted:

Mother helped build the wall! Tear down the wall!

Is there anyone better at .gifs than me that could turn this into an avatar? The closest I got was, like, 500kb.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Has anyone gotten an OSI shirt shipping confirmation yet?

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Also I am generally sure that during the ending to Zeus, you can see St.Cloud in the throng of expectant villains/heros.

He goes all the way back to Tag Sale Your It in Season one.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

JetsGuy posted:

Has anyone gotten an OSI shirt shipping confirmation yet?

Week 2 shirts are still going out the door so it is going to be awhile until those go out.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DynamicSloth posted:

He goes all the way back to Tag Sale Your It in Season one.

And that 10 second appearance is why I've called her "Buffy's own Sarah Michelle Guh-llar" for a decade

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Delaio posted:

Yep. But I recently got a shipping confirmation that didn't include what was being shipped, so I'm guessing that they will have a couple of t-shirts in that package. I should be receiving it Thursday-ish.

Bored fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 9, 2013

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lelandjs posted:

Is there anyone better at .gifs than me that could turn this into an avatar? The closest I got was, like, 500kb.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Danzou posted:

In "Assisted Suicide", there's the scenes with The Rusty's Id and its harem. Makes it likely it's someone we've met (Dr. Girlfriend being my favorite outside chance).

Of course, they'll just as likely have a more interesting idea. I do think they have a mom, though - I don't think they're clones or test tube babies. Ben says about as much in the Halloween special.

"What's your sleep number?"

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

A quality emoticon choice here.

I'd kill to get into the tshirt of the month club :(

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I still have yet to receive even my first shirt. :(

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Malcolm XML posted:

A quality emoticon choice here.

I'd kill to get into the tshirt of the month club :(

I'm not in the club, and they had no problem taking my money for the OSI shirt.

Djarum posted:

Week 2 shirts are still going out the door so it is going to be awhile until those go out.

Damnit. Thanks!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

theflyingexecutive posted:

"What's your sleep number?"

"The Rusty met Lindsay Wagner at a party! She was totally into The Rusty! Witty banter was shared! But The Rusty could not seal the deal. This is because The Rusty was tired, but only because of this!"

I would not be averse to another trip into Rusty's mind at some point - or any character's, for that matter. That's fertile ground for comedy. EDIT: Also holy poo poo I forgot how funny Doc trying to off himself with that comatose look is. "Nobody's gonna road flare themselves to death."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 9, 2013

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Best part is when everyone is trying to figure out what is causing Doc to act like this and then Dean says: Daddy is it something Hank did?

Dude don't drag me under this bus.

And then when Dr. O is holding Rusty's hand:

Dr. O: When my pumpkin went away I too suffered the grim cloud of listeness, but our duty is to-
Mr. Venture is not suicidal.

Shoreleave: Oh really? Then why his he trying to hang himself with your tie.

Dr. O: Because Mr.Venture is POSSESSED!!!

God I love Dr. O so much.

And then when they are going to do the ritual I love how Shoreleave, Hank and Dean think it's going to be like the exorcist.

Then this:

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

After watching the preview on slate, I am pretty excited at the prospect of Captain Sunshine being paired with a Damian devil child Wonderboy.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

DarkCrawler posted:

Holy poo poo, I never had any idea what James Urbaniak looks like, now I googled him. I've seen him in million things!

He was in Homeland as some tech guy, and it wasn't until I saw the credits that I went 'holy poo poo, that was Doctor Venture's voice'.

Disposable Intern
Aug 26, 2008
So what metric should we use to decide how 'Hank' we are? What are the variables?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Disposable Intern posted:

So what metric should we use to decide how 'Hank' we are? What are the variables?

I think we can just use the manliness meter and replace it with hank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DarkCrawler posted:

His podcast has some funny bits about all those procedural guest spots he does.