Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beefart
Jul 5, 2007

IT'S ON THE HOUSE OF AMON
~grandmaaaaaaa~
Quick format question regarding the collaborative tutorial LP:

I'm working on the OP right now, and I was wondering how we're going to handle sequencing the updates. I was thinking maybe we could all just release whatever updates we've got whenever we're ready, and I'd put links to each update into the OP. Questions would be handled through PMs and mini-updates to avoid confusion. Or we could just stagger each LP and wait for the previous one to finish before starting a new one. Which one would you guys prefer?

Also, if you've got any banners or rad screenshots that you'd like me to use for the LP, PM me and I'll give you a mention in the OP credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

ThomasPaine posted:

Alternatively, select the religion map overlay and all provinces with holy sites of your religion will be highlighted in white. Clicking a province of another religion in this mode also shows all of their holy sites. Can be handy for quick reference.

A related question: do you gain extra piety/moral authority for looting/taking another religion's holy sites or does it only affect them? What I mean is, is losing a holy site a purely negative thing, or does the person taking it get anything out of it beyond the usual spoils of conquest?

I'm now wandering if something is borked with my game as neither of those provinces are highlighted, and Naumadal now has all three sites built but none under that name. That or it is something unique to CK2+, I have no idea, but neither site seems to actually exist.

Edit: Forgot to say, you don't seem to get anything special from other religions' holy sites. I've been raiding the Mediterranean and further south regularly and nothing unusual seemed to happen when I looted Mecca.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ArchRanger posted:

Could anyone tell me where I can find the Barony of Lejre and the Barony of Maere in CK2+? I'm trying to reform the Norse faith and already have the three other holy sites but can't get the Religion's moral authority high enough, but the title finder for Lejre points me towards Sjalland which is already held by Norsemen, and it can't find Maere at all.

They don't actually exist in the 867 start. I reported it in the ck2+ thread, but Wiz hasn't fixed it yet. West African Pagan is also missing 3 of the holy sites, and Suomo is also missing one or two.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just reformed the Romuva faith in vanilla. The high priest of the Reformed Romuva faith took over the Church holding in.....Chelmno in Poland. Anyone know why it would do that? You would think it would show up at one of the holy sites or the capital of the King who reformed the faith.
I saved it, revoked the church from the priest who had it in Vilnius, my capital, then granted it to the High Priest so they had the church holdings in Chelmno and Vilnius and it didnt seem to screw anything up, but will that screw anything up in the long term? I would like to get the High priest out of Chelmno entirely because being there makes them the vassal of my vassal's vassal. Also, could anyone tell me how to use the console to do that without needing to revoke titles (if I even want to do it in the first place?)?

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

SeaTard posted:

They don't actually exist in the 867 start. I reported it in the ck2+ thread, but Wiz hasn't fixed it yet. West African Pagan is also missing 3 of the holy sites, and Suomo is also missing one or two.

Well, that's annoying. How feasible would it be to raise my Moral Authority the last fourteen points I need through just province conversions and looting temples? Failing that a console command or something?

thatdarnedbob
Jan 1, 2006
why must this exist?

beefart posted:

I'm working on the OP right now, and I was wondering how we're going to handle sequencing the updates. I was thinking maybe we could all just release whatever updates we've got whenever we're ready, and I'd put links to each update into the OP. Questions would be handled through PMs and mini-updates to avoid confusion. Or we could just stagger each LP and wait for the previous one to finish before starting a new one. Which one would you guys prefer?

An outsider perspective: have everyone do them at once so that interested readers don't have to wait months for the one they want to learn about, and so that when one person inevitably doesn't write theirs you still have things happening while you find a replacement. A good set of links in the OP would organize everything well, and "too many posts with content" is not a usual complaint.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING

Dr Creflo A Dollar posted:

I'm trying to form Norway in Ck2+ and damned if it's slow. Is that the point of Ck2+? Fabricating claims is really slow for pagans (makes sense) and the conquest casus belli can only be used once a decade? Is there any faster way to get casus belli or do I have to do something gamey or is that just the way Ck2+ rolls?
The quickest route I know of would be to play as the Sigurdr Snake-in-the-eye of Sjaelland in Denmark, attack Ostlandet twice (take Akershus and Vestfold), form two additional duchies and the Kingdom title, and offer vassalization to every Norse count you border, which ought to let you snake all the way around Norway and form that title. I just tried it and by 877, I could form Norway if I had another 440 gold.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

SeaTard posted:

The version of CK2+ that I used in my latest build has all the religion sites. Maybe its part of CV's CK2+ fixes.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
So, it seems I married the heir to the Byzantine Empire without me noticing, and now that she's Imperatrice, my first son will be inheriting quite the bit of land... One question though : I'm part of the Merchant League of Aquitaine. What happens if I name the same heir as heir to the House of Gelre? Will the Byzantine title become a republic like it did when I took the Kingdom of Aquitaine?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

beefart posted:

Also, if you've got any banners or rad screenshots that you'd like me to use for the LP, PM me and I'll give you a mention in the OP credits.

Personally, I'd have prepared the updates beforehand, and possibly written them up and PMed them to a single person for posting. Then have that person post them all one LP at a time over a week perhaps.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

New version of Better Armies & CK2Plus Kitchen Sink Edition

me posted:

Better Armies/CK2Plus Kitchen Sink Edition version 1.24

Changelog
Version 1.24
-Implemented Battle Bunny's Conversion changes
-Updated to CV Fixes V5
-Fixed a bunch of random errors
-Removed levy size bonuses from city and temple buildings

DOWNLOAD
CK2Plus: Kitchen Sink Edition 1.24 (Includes CK2Plus, Millennium Mod, CV's Fixes, and Better Armies) Alternate Download
Better Armies v1.24 Vanilla Alternate Download
PLEASE NOTE: The latest version of CK2Plus is built into CK2Plus: Kitchen Sink Edition, you do not need to download and enable it separately!

INSTALL:
1)Download Better Armies version of your choice (CK2Plus or Vanilla)
2)Delete any previous version of Better Armies
3)Unzip into your "Crusader Kings 2/mod" folder

TO PLAY:
1)Enable "[Required]CK2Plus KS" or "[Required] Better Armies Vanilla"
2) Enable any CK2Plus modules that you like
3)Enjoy!

KNOWN ISSUES: (Not all character/title history from 1000-1066 has been checked, there may be weirdness and errors)
-Playing as Venice between 1050-1065 crashes the game for unknown reasons
-Pisa is missing some Patrician families between 1060-1065
-Amalfi Republic is temporarily not a trade republic from 1039-1050, not sure if this is historically correct or not
-Anacona Trade Republic ain't quite right

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ArchRanger posted:

Well, that's annoying. How feasible would it be to raise my Moral Authority the last fourteen points I need through just province conversions and looting temples? Failing that a console command or something?

There is probably a console command, but it is easy enough to just loot temples. Wander your looting armies down the baltic coast, looting each province just enough to loot the temples. If you already control 3 holy sites, you should be able to afford two or three looting armies, and the requisite navy. There are usually a number of small one and two province countries there, so you can easily loot them without retaliation.

And it does look like the latest version of ck2+ actually does have the norse holy sites, although Maere is a town which might be causing one of your issues.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Just catching up on CK2 and saw the new DLC. Outside of the earlier start date, did it add any other really cool things? Money is tight, so not sure if I should get it and if the good mods require it.

MrSaturday
May 1, 2012
What's Millennium Mod and Better Armies do again in summation?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Eltoasto posted:

Just catching up on CK2 and saw the new DLC. Outside of the earlier start date, did it add any other really cool things? Money is tight, so not sure if I should get it and if the good mods require it.

If "The ability to play as half of the rulers on the map" sounds like a really cool thing to you, then it did! It basically allows you to play as any of the pagan rulers, and adds a lot of events and decisions for them.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

I found it less fun than I expected. Has heaps of new stuff for the game if you like heathens, but I'd wait till a sale.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Flippycunt posted:

New version of Better Armies & CK2Plus Kitchen Sink Edition

I remember there was a bug with the Seljuk invasion; has that been fixed?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eltoasto posted:

The Old Gods allows you to play as any/all pagans. Most notably this includes the Vikings, but also includes Suomenusko (Finnish/North Russian), Romuva (Baltic), Slavic (South Russian, Balkans, Polish, ect) , Tengri (Steppe hordes), Zoarastrians (Pre-Islam Persians), and West African Pagans (Sub-Saharan peoples). The Vikings are hella fun because of their raiding and coastal conquest cassus belli, but all of the unlocked pagans add a lot to the game (I am particularly enjoying playing as Lithuania and uniting the Romuva faithful).

Old Gods also heralded in a much improved tech system but I believe you get that even without buying the expansion. Also added are Navigable rivers, but the vanilla game only allows the Norse Pagans to use them but it is easy to make it so anyone can use them, which is nice because navigable rivers are awesome.

Overall I think Old Gods makes a great game even better and was worth the cash, but I totally understand wanting to wait for a sale because money is tight here too.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Mickey McKey posted:

I just reformed the Romuva faith in vanilla. The high priest of the Reformed Romuva faith took over the Church holding in.....Chelmno in Poland. Anyone know why it would do that? You would think it would show up at one of the holy sites or the capital of the King who reformed the faith.
I saved it, revoked the church from the priest who had it in Vilnius, my capital, then granted it to the High Priest so they had the church holdings in Chelmno and Vilnius and it didnt seem to screw anything up, but will that screw anything up in the long term? I would like to get the High priest out of Chelmno entirely because being there makes them the vassal of my vassal's vassal. Also, could anyone tell me how to use the console to do that without needing to revoke titles (if I even want to do it in the first place?)?

"give_title d_baltic_pagan_reformed <charid>" should do it. Get charid from typing in "charinfo 1". All without the quotation marks, obviously

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
God loving damnit, the King of Lombardy won't let me marry his bastard daughter I've been betrothed to because he's loving her. :ughh:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Maxime posted:

So, it seems I married the heir to the Byzantine Empire without me noticing, and now that she's Imperatrice, my first son will be inheriting quite the bit of land... One question though : I'm part of the Merchant League of Aquitaine. What happens if I name the same heir as heir to the House of Gelre? Will the Byzantine title become a republic like it did when I took the Kingdom of Aquitaine?

I don't think it will work. As soon as you nominate your heir Byzantine will go to someone else.Your heir will get a strong claim though.

I'm playing as the Turkish Caliph of Constantinople and I've never seen such a love fest of an empire. I don't even have to murder my halve brothers anymore. I just call a Jihad at the right moment and then proceed to dump faecal matter on my vassals for the rest of my reign without them complaining. And am I really supposed top have an invasion CB? There is literally no one I can't declare war on and then take a whole kingdom.

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
Is there a way to rescue someone from prison? My current ruler's marriage is childless, so his nephew is the heir to the throne. I had his mother marry a Danish mayor with good genes matrilineally, and as far as I recollect he showed up in my court. Now, however, he's taken the family back to Denmark (he has acquired an honourary title, maybe that's why?) and my 5-year old heir is in the Queen of Denmark's dungeon for some inscrutable reason.

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE
Taco Defender
When I try to transfer the vassalage of a holding with a name starting with a non-ascii character (e.g. a Þ in some nordic county or a É in one of the byzantine ones) it's just not shown in the list of possible holdings to transfer. Can anyone confirm if that's a general bug or just something broken in my installation?

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Promontory posted:

Is there a way to rescue someone from prison? My current ruler's marriage is childless, so his nephew is the heir to the throne. I had his mother marry a Danish mayor with good genes matrilineally, and as far as I recollect he showed up in my court. Now, however, he's taken the family back to Denmark (he has acquired an honourary title, maybe that's why?) and my 5-year old heir is in the Queen of Denmark's dungeon for some inscrutable reason.

You should be able to ransom him back from the Queen of Denmark's diplomacy menu

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011

Boing posted:

You should be able to ransom him back from the Queen of Denmark's diplomacy menu

For some reason this wasn't an option.

I found a way to get him out, and thought I should share. I found an exile with a claim to a Norwegian county hanging out with one of my vassals, so I figured I'll resort to force to get poor Uhtred out of jail. I declared war on Denmark, called on my personal levies, retinues and mercenaries, gathered a fleet and sent them to Sjaelland, where my heir was being held captive.

I had -50 warscore to start with, due to having my heir captive. I was worried that he'd be executed, so I had my troops assault Danish fortresses, all reasonably well fortified and therefore exceedingly costly to take. My wife chose the day the meatgrinder began to tell me that she's actually pregnant.

While my elite troops were throwing their lives away on my whims, my relative ascended to the throne of France and immediately faced a massive rebellion. Since my own men were busy, I raised all of the levies of the British Isles and sent them to stem the tide of discontented French nobles.

The war in France raged on, while my own army was so decimated by the constant assaults that they had to siege the rest of Sjaelland's towns and castles to surrender. About 3/4 of them had been taken, but there was still no sign of Uhtred. Eventually, just as my vassals suffered a surprising defeat in Normandy, the last of Sjaelland's holdings surrended. Uhtred was still shown as being "a captive in Sjaelland." I figured he might be released when the war ends, so I took that random county I had used as a pretext with my remaining mercenaries and made a peace offer. Uhtred was finally free, and all of my forces were now able to help in my niece's tooth-and-nail fight for France! Meanwhile, my son Gilchrist was born, rendering the massive loss of life utterly meaningless.

Uhtred, however, was still shown to be in his father's, mayor Eiliff's, household. He was now eight, and I couldn't invite his father or him to my court. I thought I would at least be able to have him educated in the Isles. Eiliff refused me. He said that if Uhtred would be educated in my court, he "would be a hostage in a foreign power."

:shepicide:

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
You could try giving him a landed title directly under you, instead of under his father, and try educating him that way.

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I only regret not giving up sooner.

Promontory posted:

Uhtred, however, was still shown to be in his father's, mayor Eiliff's, household. He was now eight, and I couldn't invite his father or him to my court. I thought I would at least be able to have him educated in the Isles. Eiliff refused me. He said that if Uhtred would be educated in my court, he "would be a hostage in a foreign power."

:shepicide:

You know what you must do.

It's stabbing. You should stab him. A lot.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone had the problem where someone you invite to your court immediatly just leaves for his/her home court?
I had one of my sons die shortly after getting married, and his wife left for her fathers' court. She had pretty good stats, though, so I invited her back (The father wouldn't accept a marriage) to marry her to one of my other sons, but even though she accepted and appeared in my court, she immediatly left for her home court again. This seemed to happen every time I invited her back.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

MrSaturday posted:

What's Millennium Mod and Better Armies do again in summation?

Millennium Mod adds a 1000 AD bookmark with completed history for characters/nations. Better Armies revamps the combat, retinues, and building mechanics. I also went through and made the years 1000 thru 1066 playable and fixed as many bugged out characters as possible.

EightDeer posted:

I remember there was a bug with the Seljuk invasion; has that been fixed?

I think so, CV Fixes had an updated file for it in their newest version but I haven't tested it.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Kudos on filling out the years 1000-1066. I was very sad when old Gods didn't have the ears 867-1066 since I'm a terrible history nerd and love skipping by single years to see the map / ruler changes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Allyn posted:

"give_title d_baltic_pagan_reformed <charid>" should do it. Get charid from typing in "charinfo 1". All without the quotation marks, obviously

Awesome, thank you. I know some basics like using charinfo 1 and switching to people if I need to fix something but I can never figure out the titles. And I was just weirded out by the whole situation.

Flippycunt posted:

Millennium Mod adds a 1000 AD bookmark with completed history for characters/nations. Better Armies revamps the combat, retinues, and building mechanics. I also went through and made the years 1000 thru 1066 playable and fixed as many bugged out characters as possible.

This is awesome and you are awesome. I had been kinda disappointed that there wasnt even one bookmarked year between 867 and 1066 for an alternative, so being able to start at 1000 is pretty sweet.

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

Another remedial question: After pressing claims and taking land by mostly warfare I've decided to try and get something by marriage. I'm having an issue though where I betrothed my second son (non-heir) to a Petty Queen, but if he marries her he goes to her court since he is unlanded. If I grant him a duchy, I no longer have control over who he marries (and he seems to find a new wife). What's the solution to this?

If he does marry her and stay in her court, and they have a child when the child inherits will it be an independent King/Queen? Pressing claims seems so much easier...

moroboshi fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 9, 2013

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

moroboshi posted:

Another remedial question: After pressing claims and taking land by mostly warfare I've decided to try and get something by marriage. I'm having an issue though where I betrothed my second son (non-heir) to a Petty Queen, but if he marries her he goes to her court since he is unlanded. If I grant him a duchy, I no longer have control over who he marries (and he seems to find a new wife). What's the solution to this?

If he does marry her and stay in her court, and they have a child when the child inherits will it be an independent King/Queen? Pressing claims seems so much easier...

Can't you still grant him a landed title even after he goes to her court?

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Can't you still grant him a landed title even after he goes to her court?

I thought I tried to but the option didn't seem to be there. I'll check again...

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Nah you can't give land to people outside your realm. You could use the console to do so, or arrange a betrothal beween him and the petty queen and then give him the title. He should get married on his own if he is betrothed.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'm back with another exciting Sonendar progress report!

The Great Treasure-Fleets of Ghanipur

Ghanipur is a fantastically proud and old culture that dwells along the cold northeastern shores of Sonendar, nestled in the protective shroud of the mountains to the south, and near the Great Barrier to the East. It has long had commerce with its neighbor Daxos to the immediate east. Living in the shadow of the mighty Yuan Empire to the south, Ghanipur developed an extremely advanced naval tradition early on, plying the world's trade lanes with its great Treasure Fleets. While Rozha, also followers of The Driftwood King, built her wealth on advanced bureaucracy and internal economic investments, the Sindraghari took a different tack, emphasizing external commerce and export. Established almost a thousand years ago, the Treasure Fleets, once an institution of the royal navy, have prospered and gained almost total autonomy as commercial enterprises enjoying a monopoly under the protection and special sanction of the crown.

As the Maharajah of Ghanipur, you will have the means of gaining great wealth via taxation, through the four merchant republic vassals under you: the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Treasure Fleets. Think of them as a kind of "East India Company". Although they start off in a rather nascent state, as the Kingdom of Ghanipur has undergone an isolationistic period in its history, due to the chaos and tumult of the past century, you will be able to take a number of special decisions and events that can help them flourish once more.

Perhaps under your guidance, Ghanipur may once again rule the waves.

Ghanipur Special Decisions

-Issue Letters of Marque: A quick way of raising money for the Treasure Fleets is to simply allow them to take the wealth of others. By reinterpreting and rewriting some of the religious laws of the kingdom, you will be giving them free license to raid and loot members not belonging to your religious group. As this effectively changes them to a different religion, you may sacrifice some of their loyalty to you, but this is compensated for by increasing their potential income. Of course, you can choose to revoke the letters of marque at any time, but this may anger the High Admirals at this loss of freedom.

Explanation - taking this decision will require at least 500 piety and 400 gold. You will switch all four Treasure Fleets to "The Driftwood King Ascendant", a different religion from The Driftwood King (but in the same group, the way Orthodoxy is to Catholicism). This will give you the typical "different religion" -10 opinion malus, but allow the to loot, travel up rivers, prepare invasions, etc. The AI will not do this ordinarily. Also, the number of targets they will have for raiding is potentially smaller than that of the Nord Gods, Deep Reaver, or Elders of the Abyss, as most kingdoms belong to the Animist group, which includes the Sword and Plow, Sonendis, and the like. It would be an effective "passive weapon" to use against the Yuanese, however...

More Development Pictures

In addition to the major updates to Ghanipur, the next update will also have a variety of other small features and events for the other cultures and religions as well.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 10, 2013

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

KARLINGS! :argh:

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Better stab that fucker

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Is there a list of all the CoA's added in the latest dynasty pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Well, these are the ones added:

I think that most ruling dynasties in 867 gets unique CoAs.

• Locked thread