Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
Amory figured a thing out, now we have a new Hedonism

edit: Hurray!

necrotic fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's crucia pie for dinner :smugdog:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?
Well, if lots of build up with no money-shot is your sort of thing, here is a majority of our Crucia kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB4_jUSOtGM

Unfortunately, I didn't know the in game recorder only captures 10 minutes... enjoy a taste of what raiding with us is like. Good job all!! :toot:

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

lsp posted:

Well, if lots of build up with no money-shot is your sort of thing, here is a majority of our Crucia kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB4_jUSOtGM

Unfortunately, I didn't know the in game recorder only captures 10 minutes... enjoy a taste of what raiding with us is like. Good job all!! :toot:

The audio is horribly off :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Kreczor posted:

The audio is horribly off :(

Hah, I realized that after a bit. At first I just thought she had most of us local muted on mumble :3:

Anaxandrides
Jun 7, 2012

Every summer day in the desert is like a vacation in hell.

Magus42 posted:

My current spec is something along these lines and amazing for leveling - the self-healing from poisons/tactician buff keep me topped off all the time so I just chain from mob to mob to mob...

Hey, thanks! I'm 50, so I guess I'll just shamelessly copy that and go on my merry way.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Eltoasto posted:

Hah, I realized that after a bit. At first I just thought she had most of us local muted on mumble :3:

Pssh, important part of banter (whetstone chat, my crossfire disappointment and "Oh no decoy, you gotta stack. There you go.") was all included. I also love how the dragon conversation starts at about the same time as Crucia hits 60%.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Grats goons!

Now go kill a(nother) pregnant lady!

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Congratulations on the Crucia kill, wish I could have been there. I hate having a job. :(

Hopefully we'll get her on Wednesday night! :)

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Keshik posted:

Congratulations on the Crucia kill, wish I could have been there. I hate having a job. :(

Hopefully we'll get her on Wednesday night! :)

Yeah, congrats! My vacation season ended this past Sunday so I'll be raiding much more consistently. Here's to a full clear Wednesday night!

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Let's just hope for some useful loot this time...

Johnson79
Sep 4, 2004
Looks like 4 PVP Daily quests are going to be added this Wed. Rewards(as of right now) are Conquest Marks and IS.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

So my guild finally got the first boss in GA down on Thursday and the BIS cleric tank belt dropped. The other cleric didn't want it so now in my tank set I have 300 toughness, a bunch of blues + several of my DPS purples/oranges and the BIS tank belt to taunt our cleric MT with because he wasn't able to get on that night.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How worth it are the Storm Legion souls? I am currently playing a Warrior and a Cleric and I am not seeing any recommended leveling builds that use SL souls. Are they better for endgame or is it a bias because fewer people have access to those souls?

ed: The Defiler looks interesting, I don't know if it's viable to build a tanky with lifetaps that stacks dots and drains on targets kind of cleric.

kzin602 fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 9, 2013

boz
Oct 16, 2005

kzin602 posted:

How worth it are the Storm Legion souls? I am currently playing a Warrior and a Cleric and I am not seeing any recommended leveling builds that use SL souls. Are they better for endgame or is it a bias because fewer people have access to those souls?

I think you hit the nail on the head. It's for new players and they aren't really expected to have the new souls yet

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

kzin602 posted:

The warrior soul (tempest) is the only decent ranged soul for them. It's not required for raiding, and most of the time I roll riftblade, however there may come a time where you're required to go tempest for extra ranged dps or the crit buff. I'm not so sure about clerics though.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

kzin602 posted:

Personally I recommend Defiler with some Cabalist sub for soloing. It does not have great single target dps but it has great aoe and survivability.

Harbinger for mages is also a good leveling spec.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Cab + Defiler is my 60 soloing spec, but it only really becomes useful past 55-ish. Raids will generally want 1 defiler around, more start to step on each other's toes.
You could live a happy, productive life without defiler, but it is fun.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

kzin602 posted:

It's more that most information on this game is just really old.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
From what I've gathered Defiler is unfit for leveling because its strengths come from skills you get higher up the tree. Tactician is supposedly the current fad, though, right? I've seen so many flamethrowers when leveling it looked like goddamn end of the world. Same for Harbinger, saw a lot of melee mages.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

lordfrikk posted:

From what I've gathered Defiler is unfit for leveling because its strengths come from skills you get higher up the tree. Tactician is supposedly the current fad, though, right? I've seen so many flamethrowers when leveling it looked like goddamn end of the world. Same for Harbinger, saw a lot of melee mages.

Tactician I found stopped being useful for leveling after you leave the first Storm Legion zone. Everything just starts to hit too hard and its self healing can't keep up anymore but before then it's pretty good. Harbinger though is really good, especially when paired with chloromancer. I'm not sure how good it is pre-50 but I made the spec during Rift's Storm Legion beta and it's still the spec I use now at level 60 soloing.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

zerocrash posted:

Tactician I found stopped being useful for leveling after you leave the first Storm Legion zone. Everything just starts to hit too hard and its self healing can't keep up anymore but before then it's pretty good. Harbinger though is really good, especially when paired with chloromancer. I'm not sure how good it is pre-50 but I made the spec during Rift's Storm Legion beta and it's still the spec I use now at level 60 soloing.
Harbinger/Chloromancer pre-50 is really, really good.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

zerocrash posted:

I'm 56 and everything dies super quick to my tactician. I usually pull 4-5 mobs, no problems.

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
This is probably the earliest I could suggest Def/Cab: http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#EgiO4/U8lhpa10/n

I started using this on my old 35 cleric when FTP started and it is an AOE king of farming PvE. It goes just high enough to ensure Foul Growth is always up on your beacon and a couple of party members if you choose so, and you have access to huge AOE through Tyranny. Since the beacon absorbs all threat just drop it somewhere, dot up 5 or 8 dudes and use feedback every time the beacon goes down to half health or so for a free heal. It also triggers the shield to absorb any link damage you take.

So far I'm up to 55 and never had trouble in PvE, carnages go so much quicker when you can do 1/3-1/2 the mobs at a time.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

zerocrash posted:

Yeah, the reason it's suggested for so many rogue builds isn't so much that its self healing is great (it's good, and gets better when you get cores and such, but you do will lose battles of attrition), but rather that the self-healing options in rogue are otherwise poor. Its 4-7 points on a soul that wouldn't be doing all that much in another soul and drastically improves your survivability.

The thing it best compares to is leeching poison from assassin, which heals about 25% more, but only goes off 50% of the time you're doing single target attacks, as opposed to up to once per second while you're being hit. Assassin also has enduring brew, which is practically non-scaling for how little stats add to its effects, but in my assassin soloing spec it's a little over a quarter of my health.

There's also other healing abilities available to rogue, like meditative trance in BD, which is pretty much equivalent to a warden coming by and putting their weakest hot on you while stealing your combo points. It gives you DD procs, but for how little it heals its probably better to use a real finisher. There's also bard, and if you have full stacks of their crap from using bard finishers, cadence will heal you as much as being hit would in tact, with the potential benefit of being able to split your cadence to tickle 3 enemies to triple your self-healing. Riftstalker also brings a bit of self-healing with boosted recovery healing you for killing things and giving a bit more survivability (and 11 points gives you a charge as well, which pairs up nicely with the 4 tact needs).

That having been said, I generally just run my tact aoe dps spec while soloing because the alternatives are largely not worth switching to (should swap my other specs out and bring back the NB one to lie largely unused, but :effort:)

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Yeah around 30ish defiler hits it's stride, before that it's kinda unnecessary.

The only amazing SL soul for leveling before that (starting around lvl 5) is Tactician (rogue) it just makes everything much easier with curative engine.

Harbinger is a very good soul but I am not sure how long it takes to synergize with chloro to make leveling/grinding impressively fast.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

deimos posted:

Yeah around 30ish defiler hits it's stride, before that it's kinda unnecessary.

The only amazing SL soul for leveling before that (starting around lvl 5) is Tactician (rogue) it just makes everything much easier with curative engine.

Harbinger is a very good soul but I am not sure how long it takes to synergize with chloro to make leveling/grinding impressively fast.

Eight points in Chloro is when it becomes absolutely hilariously unkillable, but even before then having Bloom available to instant-cast on Eldritch Armor procs is nice.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

8 points into chloro and then 24 points into harb for lucent slash (aoe, life damage that procs lgv) is when it rockets above any other mage build for leveling. You can get by without the SL souls if you are a cleric or warrior, but rogue and especially mage really need theirs both for leveling and endgame.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

They really just made Harbinger too good with regards to early talents you can grab in other specs, and with Lightning Blade. Almost every single spec taking 5 points in Harb is really getting old.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
I'm compiling Dendrome dailies for anyone (everyone) that needs shitloads of IS. Please contribute if you see something I miss, thanks!

Dailies in Dendrome

Hailol
Birch - Fun Time Having - Complete Hailol Footholds 0/3 150 IS
Rosepetal - Merciful Motes - Collect Motes of Fae Power 0/50 180 IS
The Green Faerie - Bid Bad Bugs - Kill Architects inside Hive Kaaz'Gfuu 0/20 180 IS (group quest)
Ragairn - Vital Resources - Collect Pure Honey 0/12 180 IS
Sir Kirby - Onslaught: The Place of Dogs - Defend Haimad from Invasions 0/20 180 IS

The Solstice Tower
Alaric - Extermination: Kaaz'icht - Kill Overseer Kaaz'Icht 180 IS (group quest)
Zirina Yor - Stronghold Assault - Defend Empyreal Strongholds 0/3 300 IS

Achyati Village
Oglorn Rhom - Life Struck - Kill Crater Trolls and Brutes 0/6, Kill Arak spiders 0/6 180 IS (group quest)
Nimu Oro - Crater Conversion - Empower the Aenaris 0/4 180 IS (group quest)
Suryasta Tibba - Depleting the Reserves - Destroy Geotic Energy Caches 0/10 180 IS
Daya Patth - Momentous Motes - Collect Motes of Fae Power 0/50 180 IS

Frida Call Me fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 9, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Matrim posted:

I'm compiling Dendrome dailies for anyone (everyone) that needs shitloads of IS. Please contribute if you see something I miss, thanks!

Dailies in Dendrome

Hailol
The Green Faerie - Bid Bad Bugs - Kill Architects inside Hive Kaaz'Gfuu 0/20 180 IS (group quest)
Sir Kirby - Onslaught: The Place of Dogs - Defend Haimad from Invasions 0/20 180 IS

The Solstice Tower
Alaric - Extermination: Kaaz'icht - Kill Overseer Kaaz'Icht 180 IS (group quest)

Achyati Village
Oglorn Rhom - Life Struck - Kill Crater Trolls and Brutes 0/6, Kill Arak spiders 0/6 180 IS (group quest)
Nimu Oro - Crater Conversion - Empower the Aenaris 0/4 180 IS
Suryasta Tibba - Depleting the Reserves - Destroy Geotic Energy Caches 0/10 180 IS

You're missing Sylver and the guy next to Sylver for the EA quests (motes and a random one). Achyati also has an elite quest or two.

The non-group non-motes quests change daily, and if you're gonna list onslaughts the list is WAY longer.

The extermination quest changes depending on the day, not sure if the giver is the same always.

You also missed labeling Crater Conversion as a group quest.

deimos fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 9, 2013

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

It's more that most information on this game is just really old.

I'm using the guide here for my Warrior, and so far I am enjoying rounding up mobs and aoeing them all down, I'm only level 21 but the two newbie dungeons (Iron Tomb and the one with David Bowie throwing his drinks in your face at the end) were super easy even at level 16 http://goo.gl/IC220 .

When I asked in guild a few days ago the consensus was that any warrior leveling spec other than WL/Ch was trash, I have WL/Ch as a secondary role (is that the right word?) but it feels kind of samey and boring so far, but I can see how it might be faster if I just want to burn through content.

I'm using http://goo.gl/WN7Kf for my Cleric but I'll look into some defiler builds.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Bussamove posted:

They really just made Harbinger too good with regards to early talents you can grab in other specs, and with Lightning Blade. Almost every single spec taking 5 points in Harb is really getting old.

It was Archon almost always before Harbinger came out. I'm just happy they gave us a duplicate of Lightning Blade sans-weapon so I can see my Atrophinius Axe.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Matrim posted:

Dailies in Dendrome

Hailol

The Solstice Tower

Achyati Village
Nimu Oro - Crater Conversion - Empower the Aenaris 0/4 180 IS

crater conversion is exchangeable with another group quest (mutant hearts? i think) where you have to tank waves of mobs attacking a thing. the extermination quest changes daily. depleting the reserves, vital resources and the misc daily at solstice change every day (dont remember what it was today, generators on the western coast of dendrome i think?). note that pretty much every one of these is soloable including the extermination if you have the patience to do it.

there's an onslaught outside the hive, one at temple of the abandoned, one at achyati and one at tower of solstice.

note that the cosmic rhino event in dendrome gives double rewards (600 stones instead of 300, + 30 for each miniboss + 120 if you do the early stages [i think]).

i've been farming these for a while and by popping a 40% token vial before handing them in en masse (incl. the ghunt and raid rift dailies) and tagging every world event (keeping the stones banked in the rift loot bag until i pop a vial) i can get to, i can get roughly 10-13k stones in a couple of hours. it's a pretty good way to get a full venerated source machine + cape in a week assuming youve got the rep done.

shut up gelly fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 9, 2013

Egeus
Jun 2, 2011
After seeing logs, in an attempt to prevent having an aneurysm, I'm making this :effort: post.

:frogsiren: HOW TO CLERIC:frogsiren:

This is focused on 20man raids

Clerics are not single target healers in raids. Warden is absurd aoe, and purifier is basically required for raiding since the shields give an extra ~10k buffer on everyone and people are bad at moving out of red circles of death.

Warden:
Use this spec. http://www.riftscene.com/soul-builder/?build=1339 (3rd soul doesnt really matter)

What to do:
Always keeps 4x soothing stream on yourself. Always. Geyser to get 5 stacks of the buff-always keep 5 stacks. Always. If you know a bunch of aoe damage is coming up, hit yourself with healing spray and healing flood to prep - ss and buff are max stack, obv. (Bonus for hitting the tank with orb and yourself with aoe orb). As soon as huge aoe ability (e.g., Crucia's orbital) finishes casting, hit monsoon and ripple. If people are 2/3 or 1/2 hit pool of restoration. Then cast healing cataract. If healing buff is close to dropping off (it will be), spam geyser.

Throughout the fight, try to keep healing flood up on people, the aoe cleanse is pretty amazing, pool of restoration is good too if people are staying ~2/3 or lower. Wave of renewal is handy if you can stand in a place that it will actually hit a lot of people (crucia laser beam phase: stand in the middle of the platform, basically on crucia's tail), and can save tanks while others are avoiding mechanics.

What not to do: spam healing cataract. Don't do this. It's probably 4th in priority (behind monsoon, ripple, pool of resto, keeping stacks up and wave of renewal - depending on situation) hitting it once or twice is good, using it exclusively is how you become classified as a bad.

Purifier:
Use this spec: http://www.riftscene.com/soul-builder/?build=199
Use this macro if you're lazy

#show Symbol of the Sun
suppressmacrofailures
cast @mouseoverui Symbol of the sun
cast @group01 symbol of the sun
cast @group02 symbol of the sun
cast @group03 symbol of the sun
cast @group04 symbol of the sun
cast @group05 symbol of the sun
cast @group06 symbol of the sun
cast @group07 symbol of the sun
cast @group08 symbol of the sun
cast @group09 symbol of the sun
cast @group10 symbol of the sun
cast @group11 symbol of the sun
cast @group12 symbol of the sun
cast @group13 symbol of the sun
cast @group14 symbol of the sun
cast @group15 symbol of the sun
cast @group16 symbol of the sun
cast @group17 symbol of the sun
cast @group18 symbol of the sun
cast @group19 symbol of the sun
cast @group20 symbol of the sun

What to do:
Your job is pretty simple: keep everyone shielded. Spam the macro hard. (It does lag some, so actively mousing over and casting will be a bit more effective). On fights where there are lulls in aoe damage (crucia between orbitals), hit gathering flames before the damage hits...and use latent blaze a tank if you can spare the gcd. Don't be afraid to healers covenant a tank, either. Use your discretion on spiritual conflag, it'll save a tank from almost anything, but that's potentially 6+ shields not going out.

What not to do: anything other than shielding people (exception: the rare tank oh poo poo button(s))

Sentinel:
What to do:
use another main soul

What not to do:
use this in raids, baddy. (Caveat: it's ok on trash)

Gearing: I prefer straight up sp on healing gear, including essences.

For the newer clerics wanting to dps and such in tdq or what have you: cleric dps isn't great - most people complain that it's so subpar and blahblahqq. You can pull your own weight, but topping will be difficult unless its a stand and burn fight (and you're shaman). Inq is a good ~20% behind shaman, but you don't have to deal with 1) melee and 2) being ruined by disconnects

Inquisitor:
Use this spec: http://www.riftscene.com/soul-builder/?build=195
Macro:
#show Sanction Heretic
suppressmacrofailures
cast Sanction Heretic
cast bolt of retribution
cast aggressive renewal
cast bolt of judgment
cast marrow harvest

Cleric dps follows a priority based rotation, rather than the good old days of "macro everything to one button". For inq, it goes: scourge > vex > insta bod > sanction heretic > bolt of retribution. When you pop your CDs, things get a bit tricksier: cast fanaticism on an instant bod, then nysyr's rebuke, then boj/sh for another insta bod. Follow it up with radical coal, hit scourge, vex, crit bod, nysyr's, sh/boj and insta bod.

Shaman:
This can actually pull pretty great numbers. I have only used it in raids once, and I did ok with it.

Spec: http://www.riftscene.com/soul-builder/?build=272
Macros: like inq, there's really only one.
#show Massive Blow
suppressmacrofailures
cast massive blow
cast combined effort
cast crushing blow

It's priority based, again. On shaman, you alternate between physical and non-physical attacks. Always have frozen wrath and lightning hammer up - especially once you get the crystal. Open with fw -> lh > macro -> jolt (if proc is up) -> macro-> icy blow -> macro repeat. Let lh fall completely off before recasting (so it becomes fw -> macro -> lh -> macro) Once the mob is below 30%, the (non-physical) priority goes: glacial strike > (proc) jolt > icy blow.

For dps, I basically use this site (custom values: these are from bowler hat and ahov. They seems to know what they're talking about, so I trust the numbers. They may be slightly outdated but good enough)

http://www.riftscene.com/database/weight-calculator/cleric_dps/
Inquisitor stat weights
.85 cp
.40 int
.30 sc
1 sp
.99 wis

Shaman Stat Weights
.920 cp
.404 int
.27 sc
1 sp
.99 wis

Go forth, clerics. And don't suck anymore (in raids).

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Any 'how to cleric' should also include the Energizer spec for leveling...

Plastic Paws
Jan 24, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

8 points into chloro and then 24 points into harb for lucent slash (aoe, life damage that procs lgv) is when it rockets above any other mage build for leveling. You can get by without the SL souls if you are a cleric or warrior, but rogue and especially mage really need theirs both for leveling and endgame.

I am leveling a mage (level 20 currently) and prefer ranged but would incorporating some chloro mixed in be useful? Like a warlock/chloro?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Egeus posted:

Purifier:
:words:
What to do:
Your job is pretty simple: keep everyone shielded. Spam the macro hard. (It does lag some, so actively mousing over and casting will be a bit more effective).

To comment on this, your sign of faith will not apply to any "spread" symbols (from Emblem of Ashes 2/2), so you want to try to hit the tanks directly with a shield when possible. You can also modify the macro and add a cast Symbol of the Sun between the @mouseoverui and the @group01 casts and keep either the tank or the boss targetted (or add an @focus and keep the current tank focused).

Also keep in mind that the source of the shield spread is you and the distance is roughly 15m, so if you stay at least this distance from the tanks you don't have to worry at all about manually applying them (you can do this easily on most 20 man fights except Twins).

:science:

edit: sign of faith, not caregiver's blessing

Magus42 posted:

What part of:

quote:

This is focused on 20man raids

Is so hard to understand?

deimos fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 9, 2013

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
Keeping 5 stacks up and spamming healing cataract while using monsoon and pool on cooldown got me 11k hps on Kain, so ymmv.

edit: Also wanted to point out that when using the mouseover macro as puri, prioritizing targets without shields is far better since the macro will target people with shields but without burnout, wasting your burnout debuff.

Frida Call Me fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egeus
Jun 2, 2011

Magus42 posted:

reading is hard brah.

• Locked thread