Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I've been trying to buy for a few days as well. I want to nerd up with this stupid game ... stupid internets. Why gently caress with this guy?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Because he gave copies of his alpha to youtubers in return for some plug or whatever. This makes him literally hitler to some people. Or at least some baron. I mean, heck, his name is Wolfram Von Funck. Imagine prefixing it with baron:

Baron Wolfram Von Funck.

Anyways yeah nerdrage.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

something posted:

Because he gave copies of his alpha to youtubers in return for some plug or whatever. This makes him literally hitler to some people. Or at least some baron. I mean, heck, his name is Wolfram Von Funck. Imagine prefixing it with baron:

Baron Wolfram Von Funck.

Anyways yeah nerdrage.

Some people think giving people who play video games for a living and review them a free copy makes it viral marketing.

Its not.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Offering freebies in exchange for promotion is a concept which probably triples the age of the child that is performing this DDoS. At least..

Mooch P.
Feb 12, 2001

triad posted:

So are the registration servers just permanently disabled at this point, or is there a time of day where there's less traffic and a higher chance of successfully registering?

Seems down pretty much 24/7 at the moment. Saw someone post reference to this but I didnt see the link, but I am liking this site to keep track of when I should try again: http://direct.cyberkitsune.net/canibuycubeworld/

ickna
May 19, 2004

Water mages level up very fast in ocean biomes, once you're around level 15 you can start taking out piranha easily for 10-15xp each, and around level 20 you can start knocking out packs at a time for 30-90xp.

For weapons, I use the staff mostly but I also middle-click on a bracelet in the inventory to equip it in on the other hand and you'll receive the tempo/crit/etc bonuses from it on top of the staff's. I don't think it adds the damage rating though.

I'm actually kind of glad the developer is keeping his distance from the public, I think he learned a good lesson about what not to do from :notch: and there isn't much else he can say about the DoS other than it's happening.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011
I think the registration site was literally open for about 10 minutes this morning and that was it. So far no luck. And even then you still have to hope that the shop comes open so you can buy the game afterwards, too.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

something posted:

Baron Wolfram Von Funck.

Anyways yeah nerdrage.

You got a source on this? I'de like to see the excuse first hand.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Mooch P. posted:

Seems down pretty much 24/7 at the moment. Saw someone post reference to this but I didnt see the link, but I am liking this site to keep track of when I should try again: http://direct.cyberkitsune.net/canibuycubeworld/

The uptime numbers crack me the gently caress up

A PC Game
May 7, 2007

Kachunkachunk posted:

I think the registration site was literally open for about 10 minutes this morning and that was it. So far no luck. And even then you still have to hope that the shop comes open so you can buy the game afterwards, too.

I was able to buy the game last night around 3:30 am central so try around then if you can.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

triad posted:

So are the registration servers just permanently disabled at this point, or is there a time of day where there's less traffic and a higher chance of successfully registering?

It's generally up in the early hours of the morning, like 1AM-4AM PST kind of time, and even then you have to refresh often to find it. Been like that since the game came out, pretty much. Wollay lives in Germany so he probably just puts it online for a while when he wakes up.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

So I actually managed to buy the game! My initial impression is that there's a lot of work to be done in level scaling for monsters, because I'm being murdered constantly. My first spawn was actually a few feet away from a bright-red colored 'skullbull' iirc. Also towns are way, way too big to be as underpopulated as they are. It's still very fun though, very well polished for an early alpha too!

Sprayed
Apr 2, 2008

UGGHH

Humboldt squid posted:

So I actually managed to buy the game! My initial impression is that there's a lot of work to be done in level scaling for monsters, because I'm being murdered constantly. My first spawn was actually a few feet away from a bright-red colored 'skullbull' iirc. Also towns are way, way too big to be as underpopulated as they are. It's still very fun though, very well polished for an early alpha too!

You might want to start with a different seed. The OP is pretty lovely and should contain a bunch of starting information, but seeds are where your character will spawn on the map when you first enter the world.

Edit: I can't remember what seed is a good one to start... Maybe try the search function to see if you can find it in the thread

Sprayed fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 9, 2013

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I managed to snag it the other day, and I love this game. The combat mechanics are great, everything seems pretty polished, and altogether, the game seems to be a solid foundation for all the fun stuff we've come to expect from RPGs and voxel-based games. Shame about the DDoS, though.

I found my first yellow item today, but unfortunately, it's not for my class. If anyone wants it, I'd be happy to trade you for a yellow warrior item of similar power. I don't have PMs, but my email's in my profile.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Just played with a bunch of peeps on one of the servers in the PGS thread - if you haven't done multiplayer yet, you should as it's exponentially more fun to clear out dungeons and die horrendously with other people.

Also I know everyone loves boomerangs for Ranger but goddamn if the rapid fire from the crossbow isn't fun, if carpal-tunnel inducing.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Sprayed posted:

You might want to start with a different seed. The OP is pretty lovely and should contain a bunch of starting information, but seeds are where your character will spawn on the map when you first enter the world.

Edit: I can't remember what seed is a good one to start... Maybe try the search function to see if you can find it in the thread

Heres the google docs spreadsheet someone linked earlier in the thread.

List of seeds

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Rawrbomb posted:

Some people think giving people who play video games for a living and review them a free copy makes it viral marketing.

Its not.

It is and that's why we should boycott Steamshots! How dare you not pay for every single lovely game you review, AxeManiac!! :argh:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

It is and that's why we should boycott Steamshots! How dare you not pay for every single lovely game you review, AxeManiac!! :argh:

You're doing it wrong, you're supposed to wait until he makes a game and then DDOS it while tweeting about viral marketing.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Why are monkeys not Rideable and how can I fix this?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
This game looks pretty great, if only I could actually play it.

Sprayed
Apr 2, 2008

UGGHH

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Why are monkeys not Rideable and how can I fix this?

You can fix it by taming a bunny. Riding a bunny is 1000 times cooler than riding a monkey.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sprayed posted:

You can fix it by taming a bunny. Riding a bunny is 1000 times cooler than riding a monkey.
I ride a porcupine. I'm not really sure why they made porcupines rideable, but I'm certainly not complaining.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I currently have a Rideable pig, porcupine, plain runner, alpaca and lemon beetle, but I want to be a monkey riding skeleton ninja god dammit.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I ride a porcupine. I'm not really sure why they made porcupines rideable, but I'm certainly not complaining.

The moment I saw a crab I knew I must have one. I was so disappointed when I found out you can't ride them.

Munion
Apr 11, 2012

Tres Burritos posted:

The moment I saw a crab I knew I must have one. I was so disappointed when I found out you can't ride them.

Crabs look awesome in this game, and are one of the many creatures that make me wish all the pets were ridable...

I'm streaming my solo warrior fun if you unlucky people would like to adventure vicariously through me. twitch.tv/munion42

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
Turtle is what I ride, turtles rule.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
Penguins/chickens need to be rideable.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My "hacking skills" of opening random files in notepad and Ctrl-Fing for Monkey have failed to find anything I could edit to mark them as rideable. Hopefully someone who actually knows what they're doing can figure something out.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
Slimes are the best mount, hoverslime for life.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
My mount is my hanglider. :colbert:

fakeedit: :c00lbert:

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Kinda partial to lemonbeetles, myself. Those eyebrows. :3:

something posted:

My mount is my hanglider. :colbert:

Man, rangers and hang gliders. I messed up and lost the screenshot, but I was playing MP and saw this guy rocket up into the air so high you could only see him on the map. His little head icon was flying something like 2-3 chunk-widths above the whole map.

I gotta train me up a ranger.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
That ranger was me. Urist McUrist, the clumsiest glider in the west. :black101:

Sprayed
Apr 2, 2008

UGGHH

something posted:

That ranger was me. Urist McUrist, the clumsiest glider in the west. :black101:

How many points into your retreat do you have?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Not too many. 60 or so. But I got almost 200 in hang gliding.

Cerevisiae
Jul 19, 2009

I'll protect you, Mayor!
I found out that rogues can free fly around at slow speeds. It's not too useful but you can hover there to regain some stamina for hang gliding.

How to fly:
Hold Sneak (2)
Hold Intercept (1)
Look in the direction you want to fly (Up)
You are now flying

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Just to try and satisfy my desire to play this I downloaded an older version. I'm definitely going to buy it once the stupid website acutally works, but until then I'm content to gently caress around in an old copy. It's a pain to level up though, so that kind of sucks.

When Rangers use Aim, does the stealth prevent you from being seen?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

So what is the best melee/rideable pet?

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Pets aren't very useful in combat and with them dying constantly you'll always be way ahead of them in levels, their best use is actually as a brief distraction in fights. But I love riding around on my crocodile. It's a very appropriate pet for my lizardman ninja.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Today we found out that 5 rangers with high tempo and a glitch to constantly shoot hundreds of boomerangs at once are enough to liquify most enemies in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
My favorite pet is the Duckbill. How many other games allow you to ride a platypus?

• Locked thread