Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Inimicul posted:

Hooray! Maybe the login server is up then? I'm itching for some BWA.

Edit: Nevermind. Login servers are still down. :suicide:

I just got in, but had trouble doing so. Just hit the login button a few times, and it eventually let me in. poo poo's still weird though. SIN is struggling, if it's even functional at all. No chat, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hmm. Where's a decent over-view of the various frames? I'm not sure if I want to run around fixing stuff or bonking healing wrenches over peoples' heads.

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
The new open beta warpaint looks great and matches really well with the red lgv bike. Also founders get a founders title ingame now. (tho I wish they'd have given us the ensign, Lt. and commander names as titles instead)

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

poptart_fairy posted:

Hmm. Where's a decent over-view of the various frames? I'm not sure if I want to run around fixing stuff or bonking healing wrenches over peoples' heads.

You don't have to pick just one. You get all the Accord frames, all the time. Can swap between them at garages, or stations. So, try everything out.

Also, chat just materialized, but I still can't use the garage. Things are... pretty rough right now.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Can someone let me in on what happened with the whole role reversal some people were saying with recons and bios?

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

Can someone let me in on what happened with the whole role reversal some people were saying with recons and bios?

You mean Recon and Engi.

Only applies if you had one of the Frames but not the other before the big Frame System Changes.

Most notable Raptor became the Support Recon Frame while Nighthawk became Burst Damage, they used to share a bunch of abilities but were close to being the opposite ability spread.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
At least it's not just me having all the issues, then, good. I'll just lose myself in Netflix and hope things are better when I get back. Can't wait to start messing with the crafting.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
For people looking to figure out which frames to play, I can't recommend trying out the Accord versions enough, nice they're all a mix of flavor from their advanced versions. Also, good place to check abilities for all the frames available is thumpdumpdb.com. The ability descriptions aren't perfect, but they should give you a better idea of what to expect.

poptart_fairy posted:

Healing in this game is minimal and largely really active-- most of the healing abilities can damage enemies as well, and even the most healing-capable frame can (and should!) be played and built offensively. The Biotech frames have more direct heals available (e.g. healing wave, which heals allies in a an AOE cone in front of you, as well as damaging and knocking back enemies). The Engineer frames are more about shields (deployable shield, which puts up a 180-degree shield at the spot you're aiming at) and support (supply station, which drops a health and ammo dispenser).

Now, the abilities I mentioned are generally all on a 30-sec cooldown or thereabouts, so while you should use them strategically, they're not something you need to worry about saving for really tough spots. Yes, using them properly can really turn bad situations around, but 90% of the game is putting bullets into your enemies' faces as fast and as accurately as possible, even as a frame that can heal. You may run into the occasional idiot who demands that you heal (very rarely), or hear cries of "medic!!!" from nearby players (very frequently, but that's because that's the default thing that happens when you press E, which is used for so many things that people press it on accident), but you can ignore all that and shoot your way to victory without remorse.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

poptart_fairy posted:

http://www.firefallthegame.com/en/battleframes
There is also button to show the Battleframe Pages in the Garage

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

e: Double Post

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
LOL, I got in for a while and had fun shooting mans until zone chat came back and some dickhead started bitching about everything under the sun.

"Why does the engineer suck so bad in PVP?"
"Why can't I queue for PVP?"
"What is the point of playing if everything's broke?"
"HURRRR"

I was just about to start trolling him when I was blessed with the chat server going down again. I'm sure everyone on that shard laughed a sigh of relief.

And another thing, I just dusted off my Dragonfly and they changed Emergency Response.
Was: Throw down an AOE poison cloud similar to poison ball and rocket you backwards (often to a nearby perch where you looked like a pro if you did it right)
Now: You rocket forwards about half as far and leave behind a pathetic 10% debuff cloud for 3 seconds and is so small I wasn't sure I hit anything with it. At least it's good for downed thumpers. :/

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 9, 2013

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for the info, guys. UI and connection issues aside game is growing on me - now I just need to figure out how to stop it making my GPU fan go berserk every so often. Sounds like a jet engine on the runway.

And, uh, I'm not usually one to complain about this stuff but the underwear is pretty ridiculous on female Battleframes. When am I not running around in knickers?

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 9, 2013

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Thanks for the info, guys. UI and connection issues aside game is growing on me - now I just need to figure out how to stop it making my GPU fan go berserk every so often. Sounds like a jet engine on the runway.

And, uh, I'm not usually one to complain about this stuff but the underwear is pretty ridiculous on female Battleframes. When am I not running around in knickers?

Pretty much everyone thinks the Female Battleframe undersuits are retarded, Engineer is the greatest example of WTF in clothing design.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

MadHat posted:

Pretty much everyone thinks the Female Battleframe undersuits are retarded, Engineer is the greatest example of WTF in clothing design.
There's even an addon to add a pants leg to the engineer frames. I always notice when it's not enabled. ALWAYS.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
I think I may have just found a cure for the login issues. If you can't log in, switch language, switch back, accept the agreement and try again. Ta-da. Maybe.

e: Nope, now character creation is hosed.

Hobo Siege fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 9, 2013

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

babydonthurtme posted:

There's even an addon to add a pants leg to the engineer frames. I always notice when it's not enabled. ALWAYS.

Goddamn that OP is an intolerable poo poo (and that avatar :gonk:). Why does stuff like this always come from Nexus type folk.

"My reason for covering the leg was realism. A naked leg wouldn't be able to support the several kg of a Battleframe."

Um, alright then.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

Live Stream is back with Blackwater: http://www.twitch.tv/r5studios

babydonthurtme posted:

I created the initial version of that due to all the threads complaining about the issue.
Someone else wanted to expand it and update it so I let them have the project.

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 9, 2013

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Goddamn that OP is an intolerable poo poo (and that avatar :gonk:). Why does stuff like this always come from Nexus type folk.

"My reason for covering the leg was realism. A naked leg wouldn't be able to support the several kg of a Battleframe."

Um, alright then.

That one is actually an "update" to an earlier Addon

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Pindakaas posted:

The new open beta warpaint looks great

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive or reading too far into things, but I'm not sure Red 5 thought the new warpaint over thoroughly enough.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Emergent gameplay. Bunch of Chosen attacked the starter town and I got downed. Saved by a massive dude wielding a giant :black101: cannon. Game owns. Then it bugs out and you can't access anything or spend experience points, but hey ho.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Emergent gameplay. Bunch of Chosen attacked the starter town and I got downed. Saved by a massive dude wielding a giant :black101: cannon. Game owns. Then it bugs out and you can't access anything or spend experience points, but hey ho.

Love when stuff like that happens. :D And web is under huge load right now. :smith:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
That live-action really makes me want a Chosen bobble-head now, that dude's head was really massive compared to his frame.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Anyone got a total cost for 'Buy Only' components for the in game crafted cycle? Farming is fine with me, but if I can budget some crystite I'll have something to aim for during gameplay.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Anyone got a total cost for 'Buy Only' components for the in game crafted cycle? Farming is fine with me, but if I can budget some crystite I'll have something to aim for during gameplay.

200k Crystite total for all 4 parts.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
That 200k is rough, just think about how much you could upgrade your frame for that much.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Slifter posted:

That 200k is rough, just think about how much you could upgrade your frame for that much.

This is my issue though, I am playing basic accord engineer, and I am yet to find anything I really want to pursue upgrade wise. I have done almost every mission type I can find, and am yet to really feel like I have hit a wall and I am 'not contributing' - so much so that I have roughly 1,000,000 exp and I am not sure what to spend it on/pursue :(

I figure I need to do some reading on what I am really capable of in this frame and see what fits.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Slifter posted:

about 4 pieces to tier 4.

Also: how broken is the game right now? like: should i just stay the next couple hours at work or should i come home at my usual time?

MS Paint fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 9, 2013

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah it's a lot like that.
The game is no more broken right now than usual except for chat I guess.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

a cock shaped fruit posted:

This is my issue though, I am playing basic accord engineer, and I am yet to find anything I really want to pursue upgrade wise. I have done almost every mission type I can find, and am yet to really feel like I have hit a wall and I am 'not contributing' - so much so that I have roughly 1,000,000 exp and I am not sure what to spend it on/pursue :(

I figure I need to do some reading on what I am really capable of in this frame and see what fits.
Don't worry about this poo poo. As long as you're having fun slaughtering chosen, you're fine. You don't have to upgrade a frame if you don't feel like you need the upgrades in order to have fun.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
The login server is still screwed up on my end, so I'd definately consider staying at work.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

about 4 pieces to tier 4.

Also: how broken is the game right now? like: should i just stay the next couple hours at work or should i come home at my usual time?

Login servers, chat and most shops are broken.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, everything except combat is broken right now. I'm stuck with my basic weapons because I can't buy, craft or equip anything else.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Do you have to do something specific to get the new paint? I logged in and did my dailies but didn't get it. Figured I was probably missing something obvious though.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I just started playing the open beta and this woman keeps telling me there's an accord outpost nearby. I can't figure out where I'm supposed to go, I went to the nearest thing that said the accord owns it but I can't do anything there. There's no marker for it or any clue as to what I'm supposed to do.

Edit: And this daily for donating a crystal resonater to copacabana is broken, every time I hit contribute it just closes and nothing happens. :mad:

Yaos fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 10, 2013

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
They're claiming that the login and chat servers are fixed, at least. I still can't seem to buy my secondary weapon yet.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

babydonthurtme posted:

or hear cries of "medic!!!" from nearby players (very frequently, but that's because that's the default thing that happens when you press E, which is used for so many things that people press it on accident), but you can ignore all that and shoot your way to victory without remorse.
*lays down bike*
MEDIC!
MEDIC!
MEDIC!
*gets on bike*

Inimicul posted:

And another thing, I just dusted off my Dragonfly and they changed Emergency Response.
Was: Throw down an AOE poison cloud similar to poison ball and rocket you backwards (often to a nearby perch where you looked like a pro if you did it right)
Now: You rocket forwards about half as far and leave behind a pathetic 10% debuff cloud for 3 seconds and is so small I wasn't sure I hit anything with it. At least it's good for downed thumpers. :/
You are getting confused with the Recluse's ability.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Yaos posted:

I just started playing the open beta and this woman keeps telling me there's an accord outpost nearby. I can't figure out where I'm supposed to go, I went to the nearest thing that said the accord owns it but I can't do anything there. There's no marker for it or any clue as to what I'm supposed to do.

You can largely ignore her, she is there to just let you know if something is going on nearby, problem is when you load into a place like copa, there are always going to be a lot of things going on nearby. Your best bet is to open your map (m), select an icon, and then go to it and do whatever is there. The icons all represent different activities, but all are doable by even the most beginner frame. The only exception is if you see an outpost in a red zone, that means the chosen have taken that over and taking it back solo can get real real rough. (You can get close enough to it to check it out, but completing the event that is required to take it back is not advised unless you see a bunch of other people there.)

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Anyone who is not in love with that live action trailer despite not knowing or caring one iota about any internet celebrities that were featured in it has no heart and their lifeless shell of a body also has no soul.

That poo poo is straight up dudes who like video games having a fun time making a thing. And it's funny to see how people would look with their real oversized mech suits and weapons and crap.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Inimicul posted:

Man I completely missed this, but yeah, like Nalin said, you're just confusing two different abilties there. I'd actually prefer if they changed the recluse version of emergency response to match the forward propulsion on the dragonfly version, if only because I can better predict where I'll land when being rocketed upwards and forward, and it's also more useful that way for ekeing a bit more height out of a glider.

That or they should let us change the direction on the ability when we craft it at t3 and up. God, more customizability in crafting can't come soon enough. Making straight up DPS upgrades is boring :(

Yaos posted:

Edit: And this daily for donating a crystal resonater to copacabana is broken, every time I hit contribute it just closes and nothing happens. :mad:
From the magnitude of the issues on live right now, poo poo is going to be broken and annoying for at least that long, and this game can already be more than frustrating enough to figure out when you're new. You should app to the goon army ASAP (is there a third one starting yet? IIRC, the second one has been almost full for a while now) so that you've got reliable people to ask for help whenever chat is up. And also feel free to ask dumb questions in chat, people are pretty heplful by necessity in-game since the tutorial's still not quite up to speed yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Goddammit, everything's working for me except Battleframe equipment slots. I can't unlock any new abilities or do any of the poo poo the tutorial's harping on about.

e; turns out it's my CPU fan making all the noise. wtf is this game doing.

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 10, 2013

• Locked thread