Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Ehh why not:

Job Seeker

Experience:
  • Just graduated from a top 50 school with a good GPA, BA in environmental policy (political science) with a minor in business
  • Have interned at UBS in one of the top offices
  • 3 years of restaurant management experience and 2 years of office experience including UBS, lots of experience with upselling
  • Proficient in ever office app plus photoshop (can't code at all though, sorry)
  • Published my interdisciplinary thesis on the necessary policy and engineering changes that coastal mega-cities will have to undertake in the wake of hurricane Sandy

I'm incredibly detail oriented and have had several short stories and plays published due to my high standards in editing and organization (don't let my posting history fool you). Experience with running the social media and marketing campaign of a small entertainment startup.

Looking for:
A relevant job? I'm currently waiting to hear back from the NYC Parks Department about a fellowship but that's up in the air. PM me or something if you'd like a copy of my resume or know of anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eris
Mar 20, 2002
Multiple Job Openings

New York

Come work with me at a well-known internet company, serving moms. We're in midtown, in a relaxed, entrepreneurial environment and we have a lot of fun!

We're looking for:

Programmatic/RTB Coordinator: We are looking for an energetic, solutions-oriented team member that loves numbers and Excel! This person will be responsible for managing & optimizing numerous RTB/programmatic campaigns as well as identifying & testing new strategies to drive optimal media performance for clients. Position reports directly to Sr. Director of Audience Targeting.

PHP Developer and Front-End Developer - both 2-3 years experience.

Director/VP, Sales Development We are looking for an experienced, energetic, creative and solutions-oriented marketer to lead our sales development and planning team and develop inspiring, innovative and strategic digital marketing campaigns for top tier advertisers wanting to reach moms.

Online Advertising Operations Coordinator/Trafficker This position involves coordinating, trafficking and optimizing online advertising campaigns running on multiple ad networks.

PM me for more info!

Onion Rings
Sep 20, 2001
Multiple Job Openings

Boulder, CO

I'm on a team at a large technology corporation a bit outside Boulder and my team is hiring SOC members, NOC members as well as linux administrators. This job would require you either having a clearance or being confident in your ability to get one. All the positions are looking for junior -> very experienced and have room for growth and moving up.

SOC just requires as much security knowledge as you can muster along with networking but if you have desire and decent computer knowledge along with some security background we can work with that.

NOC is more or less the same except just swap security with networking.

Email or add me on gtalk at aaron.engel@gmail.com if you're interested and want some more information. It's a great environment that is a lot of fun with a good group of people. We're looking to hire multiples of all the positions and immediately as well if you want a job ASAP.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Job Opening

Vancouver, BC Canada

I work for a large enterprise dealing with retail and warehousing. (One of BC's top 50 employers) We're looking for a Testing Analyst.

Education/Experience:
Diploma in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience developing requirements based test plans/automated tests
Experience with test management tools
Experience with process design/analysis
Experience with Visual Basic
Scripting and programming experience
Quality Assurance and Testing Tools Certifications are a bonus

Compensation
$61500-$70000
35 hour work week
Paid overtime
3 weeks vacation (to start)
Transit accessible (and subsidised pass)
Great benefits package
Defined benefit pension plan
Union position, so there will be union dues.

less than three fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 8, 2013

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Onion Rings posted:

Multiple Job Openings

Boulder, CO
Just contacted you!

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!
Job Seeker

Experience:
New media producer/video editor and videographer with a technical background. Have worked on one of the longest running Youtube shows, personally edited ~800 daily episodes and accumulated over 100 million views on that show alone. 6 years of creative experience for web/social media. Reel here.
  • Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere
  • After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator
  • Camera operation: Panasonic HVX200, DSLR's, etc

Looking for:
Full-time position in LA, willing to start on a temp basis if necessary. Also available for freelance work in NYC in the meantime.

ianskate fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 11, 2013

Wagoneer
Jul 16, 2006

hay there!
Job Seeker
Looking for positions in web analytics.

Atlanta, GA - Seeking relocation anywhere.

Education/Experience
B.S. Industrial Engineering
2 years agency experience in web analytics
2.5 years consulting experience in web analytics and business process development
Also freelance training clients on Google Analytics implementation and analysis

Looking For
Full-time only - preferably not in Atlanta... or Georgia.

Contact
PM me

mim
Apr 25, 2010

Wagoneer posted:

Job Seeker
Looking for positions in web analytics.

Atlanta, GA - Seeking relocation anywhere.

Education/Experience
B.S. Industrial Engineering
2 years agency experience in web analytics
2.5 years consulting experience in web analytics and business process development
Also freelance training clients on Google Analytics implementation and analysis

Looking For
Full-time only - preferably not in Atlanta... or Georgia.

Contact
PM me

I don't have PMs, but we have a few analytics positions open on the west coast (LA, San Jose, San Francisco) http://www.rosetta.com/about/careers/

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?
Job Seeker:

Looking for: web manager, editing, writing, content management, QA, academic admin, academic advising, anything academia, etc.

Work from home and/or Ottawa, ON

Education Experience:

BA History, Minor Computer Science

Current positions: Project Coordinator (full-time), Writer for an Entertainment Website (part-time), Web Writer/Web Manager for non-profit organization (part-time)

- Seven years working as a Project Coordinator, Lead Trainer, and Lead Tech Support for the thesis development program at a major Canadian university (current, full time)
- Experience working with 100s of graduate students (tech support and mentoring them throughout their thesis/dissertation development cycle)
- Experience working with and training senior faculty and staff

- Plenty of experience working with Content Management Systems

- Web manager/designer for various major--and minor--freelance projects
- Experienced editor, news reporter, and writer for various large websites (10 years)
- Quality Improvement Analyst and Content Editor for an e-Learning company (5 years)

- XML coding for 7 years; part-time

What I am looking for:

I am moving to Ottawa for personal reasons (woo!). It's incredibly tough looking for jobs when you don't live in the city you are moving to, so I thought I would post here to increase my chances!

Preferably, I would like to work remotely from home to make the transition easier, but I definitely wouldn't refuse a chance for a position in an Ottawa office.

Contact me through PM or reply here!

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Job Seeker

Education/Experience
BA in English from Colgate University.

-Six years of on set production experience in film/television including working directly for an Academy Award winner and an Emmy Award winner.
-Freelance writer including ghost writing, article writing for various online publications, and script doctoring. I'm much more proficient in "writing" than "getting paid to write," however.
-Office experience from two years in the Summer Programs Office at Colgate University during my time as an undergraduate.
-Six years of working in kitchens back when I was a kid.

Looking For
Preferably a writing job (HA!) but I'm mostly looking to get away from the carnie lifestyle of Film/TV production. I recently had a job overseas fall through and I'm hoping to establish a new career in NYC. I'm smart enough to learn pretty much anything with a little bit of training and I work hard.

Feel free to email me with any questions.

Contact
michael.j.coast AT gmail

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Figure I'd toss my hat in the ring here:

Job Seeker

Education/Experience
BA in History/International Studies from Northern Kentucky University (2008), BA in Graphic Design from the same (2013), both with well above average GPAs.

-Interned for Powerhouse Factories (https://www.phfdesign.com) screen printing gig posters for local and national acts.
-Did some freelance design for local businesses.
-Self-admitted proficiency in design elements and typographic layouts (aka I'm not a lovely formulaic designer... I think).
-Previous background in History and worked at a law firm while considering law school, so I'd say I'm an above average communicator and have a relatively diverse background (or at least atypical of a designer).
-Able to do some moderately advanced HTML/CSS and knowledgeable in some interactive design techniques (not overly stressed in the BA program).
-Etc.

Looking For
A career. I just graduated with a second BA in what is assuredly a tough market (graphic design), and it's only been two months, but I'm working a lovely McJob as a bank courier and it depresses the holy hell out of me. I'm preferable to staying in the Cincinnati/northern Kentucky area, but am open to relocating provided the job offered would be at least semi respectable in terms of pay. I'm seeking anything that will effectively get me in the front door--production artist, junior designer, freelance, etc. Able to do both print and web (though mostly focused on print).

Contact
mjoewehrman AT gmail

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009

Price Check posted:

Job Seeker

Education/ExperienceBA in English from Colgate University.

-Six years of on set production experience in film/television including working directly for an Academy Award winner and an Emmy Award winner.
-Freelance writer including ghost writing, article writing for various online publications, and script doctoring. I'm much more proficient in "writing" than "getting paid to write," however.
-Office experience from two years in the Summer Programs Office at Colgate University during my time as an undergraduate.
-Six years of working in kitchens back when I was a kid.

Looking For
Preferably a writing job (HA!) but I'm mostly looking to get away from the carnie lifestyle of Film/TV production. I recently had a job overseas fall through and I'm hoping to establish a new career in NYC. I'm smart enough to learn pretty much anything with a little bit of training and I work hard.

Feel free to email me with any questions.

Contact
michael.j.coast AT gmail

I'm sure you already use Staffmeup and mandy and all those sites, but are you a member of the Local Zero Heroes (https://www.facebook.com/groups/154960514541771/) group on facebook? They primarily have PA work, but there's also more advanced production work and they'll be able to direct you to the best writing network.

Chef Bromden fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 18, 2013

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Chef Bromden posted:

I'm sure you already use Staffmeup and mandy and all those sites, but are you a member of the Local Zero Heroes (https://www.facebook.com/groups/154960514541771/) group on facebook? They primarily have PA work, but there's also more advanced production work and they'll be able to direct you to the best writing network.

My roommate started that group...

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Crosspost from the SH/SC thread as well.

Multiple Job Openings:

Who we are: NetApp

Where we are: Wichita, KS and RTP, NC for support operations.

What we are looking for: TSE's on multiple shifts.

How to apply: PM/AIM/Email me so I can put in a referral for you.
AIM is same as username.
Gmail: David.Seltzer at gmail dot com
We are interviewing as we speak.

Feel free to browse our careers site for other opportunities worldwide.
NetApp Careers
Just let me know and I'll gladly put in a referral.

Why you should work here
Did I mention we are #6 on Forbes top 100 places to work? We've been #1 before.
We are an awesome company, with all sorts of awesome benefits Check them out here!
Free Starbucks cappucino, and Starbucks drip everywhere else.
Cheapish eats in said cafeteria. (Today was chicken curry, rice and naan)
Onsite Gym.
Free fruit on Wednesdays.
Free bagels Friday's.
Friday Afternoon Beer Bash

Awesome compensation including insurance, retirement, and stock.
I'm currently in this position now, so we'd be co workers.
There is plenty of opportunity for growth worldwide.
Training happens often, and there are plenty of opportunities for specialization/growth.

Technical Support Engineer
As a Technical Support Engineer you provide support for diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing software and hardware issues. You will troubleshoot protocols running on NetApp hardware to assist customer with problem isolation and resolution. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated selfstarter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem solving skills; and be someone who embraces challenges.

Essential Functions:
Resolve Warranty, Top Enterprise and SupportEdge Premium customer problems via the telephone, the web or Autosupport.
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the
customer with recommendations and action plans.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or
Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledgebase articles to capture new learnings for reuse throughout
the center.
- Participate in technical communications within the Technical Support Engineering
team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and complimentary storage applications.
- Begin to focus on an area of technical specialization and attend classes, complete lab projects, read and work with other Technical Support Engineers on cases which will help cultivate that expertise.

Job Requirements:
NetApp is looking for a candidate with a Bachelor's Degree or higher and experience administering a SAN/Network environment. Candidate must have in depth file system knowledge. Experience with Windows and Linux server Operating Systems is a
requirement; it would be nice if the candidate also knew Solaris, HP,
or AIX.
A candidate with SAN knowledge/certifications would be ideal. This would include Fibre Channel, SCSI, iSCSI, virtualized environments, and RAID.
The successful candidate would know how to capture Network Trace, using Wireshark, tcpdump, snoop, and possibly even perform trace analysis.

Also:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order
work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations.
- Basic understanding of some of the following protocols and applications:
- NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol
- CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol
- TCP/IP
- Networking
- RAID
- Microsoft Exchange and/or Veritas software.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Must have at least 1 or more areas of expertise such as: RAID storage, backup and recovery,Exchange DR, Linux, AIX, or networking; including at least 2 years of experience working in that particular specialty.

Responsibility and Interaction:

- The types of tasks this individual is responsible are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks. This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.

- This individual interacts primarily with Staff to Director level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.

- General direction is provided on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments; as well as ongoing review of activities and priorities.

- The ideal candidate will be an important contributor or lead on team projects.

Education & Experience: (you know how reqs are, there is flexibility and i never finished college)
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field; or 5 + years of experience in UNIX, Windows networking administration or technical support is required.

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009

Price Check posted:

My roommate started that group...

Cool, thank them for me, it's a good resource.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Grr. If only I were closer to RAL or CLT I'd try for some of these jobs.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Looking for a PPC campaign manager, you have to be able to run campaigns AND speak to clients on the phone intelligently about them. Please don't waste my time if you're not a pro, I already recommended one friend for this job who made me look like an rear end in a top hat. Position is in Santa Ana, CA, and pay is competitive. Environment is relaxed and casual but we get the job done.

Email resumes to fximan AT yahoo DOT com. We need someone to start ASAP.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

This might be a bit of a longshot, considering, but:

Job Seeker

Education/Experience: BS in History from Texas A&M University, Commerce.

-Currently receptionist for Gulf Coast Office Products, four months so far.
-Two years as one of the Event Planners and main handler of Corporate Donations for fundraising group Rescue the Girl which raised about 25k through three main events during its existence which all went toward organizations combating human trafficking.
-Two and a half years working as a Maintenance Assistant at college, including being the senior MA for a large portion of such.
-Seven months working as an Overnight Stocker for a Super Walmart.
-About four months working as a Crew Leader Assistant in 2010 for the U.S. Census.

Looking For
A career? and preferably somewhere not in the South if possible. Would love something relevant to my field (ha!) but I'll take a shot at anything, and am definitely game for relocating.

Contact
cmullarkey7 AT gmail Let me know if you have something/know someone!

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Job Opening

Austin, TX

Got this from a recruiter at a staffing agency that I worked for last summer. I have no connection to the company or to the encyclopedic list of requirements, but Austin is a cool town :)

Web Developer

quote:

Responsibilities and prospects for the Web Developer include:
  • Develop user friendly and intuitive web enabled front-ends to display reports, graphs, and metrics in support of the team
  • Document operational configurations, processes and procedures
  • Establish and maintain security and integrity controls
  • Address the full range of programming and database problems and solve those problems with minimal supervision
  • Design, develop, service and tune SQL databases
  • Investigate and resolve database alerts and events, escalating issues as appropriate
  • Optimize and validate SQL
  • Identify measurements and methods for gauging database performance
  • Ensure availability of database systems
  • Create and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures in relation to database usage and management

Qualifications and educational requirements for the Web Developer include:
  • Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
  • 3-5 Years in a developer capacity on a Development team
  • Strong knowledge of web database applications, and analytical programming techniques, required
  • Experience building transaction web databases and reporting web databases in MySQL, Teradata
  • Experience with the following technologies: PHP, JavaScript, JQuery, JSON, Ajax, HTML, CSS
  • PHP Code Ignitor Framework, required
  • Agile development principles
  • Subversion, CMS, etc.
  • Strong knowledge of MVC software architecture
  • Object oriented programming using PHP
  • Proficient in the full database lifecycle of design, implementation, support and maintenance activities
  • Experience in SQL tuning, writing complex queries, triggers and transaction logs
  • Strong UNIX knowledge, including shell scripting desired
  • Experience with design and layout
  • Ability to work independently, on a team and in a fast paced environment
  • Able to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
  • Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills
  • Experience with Oracle a plus
  • Experience with AppleScript, Excel macros a plus
  • Ability to adapt to change through the lifecycle of a project
  • Self starter with problem solving experience, go-getter mentality with the ability to drive project on their own
  • Ability to talk to customers and gather requirements

Apply Now

(Also: I am a job seeker too.)

Romana
Mar 3, 2009
Hey guys. Thought I'd post this here. I am pretty sure I can't post it in the gaming subforum.

We're looking for some new talent as our company grows bigger and bigger. Streamline Studios is hiring Artists, 3-d designers, Programmers and Creative Designers.

We are a fast growing video game and media company. We've been around for a few years and have done some work on AAA levels. If you are interested or someone you know might be, please go to http://www.streamline-studios.com/
Check out our portfolio and fill out an application if you think you meet the requirements. We have some amazing talent and we'd love to have some more. If you think you don't meet all of our requirements, don't sell yourself short! Apply anyway and show us your Portfolio. Thanks for reading
If you apply, please put "Attention : Melissa" somewhere in your application. Thanks!

I know it's a long shot, but hey if you're in Asia we pay competitive rates.

Kumquat
Oct 8, 2010

C7ty1 posted:

This might be a bit of a longshot, considering, but:

Job Seeker

Education/Experience: BS in History from Texas A&M University, Commerce.

-Currently receptionist for Gulf Coast Office Products, four months so far.
-Two years as one of the Event Planners and main handler of Corporate Donations for fundraising group Rescue the Girl which raised about 25k through three main events during its existence which all went toward organizations combating human trafficking.
-Two and a half years working as a Maintenance Assistant at college, including being the senior MA for a large portion of such.
-Seven months working as an Overnight Stocker for a Super Walmart.
-About four months working as a Crew Leader Assistant in 2010 for the U.S. Census.

Looking For
A career? and preferably somewhere not in the South if possible. Would love something relevant to my field (ha!) but I'll take a shot at anything, and am definitely game for relocating.

Contact
cmullarkey7 AT gmail Let me know if you have something/know someone!

I know you are looking to relocate, but the company I work for has some openings in Gulf Breeze. Our founder is a pretty big deal in town and I'm sure you're familiar with his involvement in the maritime park. PM me if you're interested.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Any chance you've got another way to contact? No plat, sadly. But even though it wouldn't be relocation, you definitely have my interest.

MojoAZ
Jan 1, 2010
Job Seeker

Phoenix, AZ. Willing to consider relocation to most major cities in the western US, depending on location and offer

Education/Experience: BA in Psychology from University of Arizona, graduated Magna Cum Laude.

• Currently working as a consultant for management consulting firm focused in the areas of process improvement and performance management. I've been with this firm for five years.
  • I have co-led or participated in a series of process improvement projects with a variety of organizations across different industries. Clients include Outward Bound, SaskPower, AAA of North California, Nevada and Utah, Chinatrust Commercial Bank, Genentech, and USAID
  • I am conversant with most major process improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma, and their associated tool sets, though my focus has been on learning and mastering our firm's proprietary methodology (which is in alignment with industry best practices). I have received a Certified Performance Technologist credential from the International Society for Performance Improvement
  • In addition to consulting, I've spent a considerable amount of time designing and developing our training courseware for process improvement practitioners. This includes both traditional powerpoint-guided, instructor-led training, as well as content intended for an e-learning environment.
  • Prior to entering this field, I worked for six years in the public mental healthcare industry, including several years in a management/supervisory role

Looking For
I'll be getting married in the spring, with children quickly to follow, so I'm looking to transition from being an external consultant to working inside some kind of corporate environment. Any opportunities in the area of process or performance improvement, or training development and delivery would be of interest to me.

Contact
cramias@gmail.com

MojoAZ fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 25, 2013

Wagoneer
Jul 16, 2006

hay there!

mim posted:

I don't have PMs, but we have a few analytics positions open on the west coast (LA, San Jose, San Francisco) http://www.rosetta.com/about/careers/

I appreciate it, but I think that might be too far from home to move for another ad agency.

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
Job Opening

I'm an English teacher at a public university in China. One of our teachers left and I'd like to fill the position with someone who is cool if possible. The job is simple. Teaching 20 hours of English per week. The pay isn't great, you'd get 7,000 RMB per month, however you'd be paid for vacations as well and get a 13,000 bonus/airplane ticket reimbursement at the end of your contract. This pay is bad compared to other cities in China, but Luoyang is cheap to live in and the real money is made in part-time work anyway. If you chose to stay for a second year, they'd continue to pay you during the summer vacation, and you'd of course be paid over the long Chinese winter vacation too. Apartment, utilities and Chinese language instruction would be provided for free. The school is relaxed, and the students are really great, they're all English majors so they really want to improve their English.

If you've ever thought about teaching in another country for a year but didn't do all the certificates most countries require, or want to learn Chinese by total immersion, this would be a great position. You can send me a PM or email (ccferrara@gmail.com) if you have any interest, I can answer any questions you've got and tell you more details.

Enrico Cocinar
Aug 6, 2004

Job Opening - Software Engineer (Web Application Developer)

I'm hiring a Software Engineer or Web Application Developer for an interactive marketing agency. Most of the work we do is in Perl so that familiarity helps a lot. Fun company with good pay and work life balance which is rare in the agency world. We have a really great and fun team. If any goons are interested let me know, my contact is at the bottom of this message (sorry no DM). I don't make the final decision by myself but I can certainly help any interested goons out. We are a smaller agency but we promote heavily from within so there are career opportunities if you ever get tired of programming.

To Apply:
https://www.pcdlinktrack.com/jobapp/1?referrer=sa&position=sft_engr

Job Description:
http://pcdgroup.com/careers/engineer/

Company Page:
http://pcdgroup.com/

If anyone is interest in other agency positions that may open up in the future find me on Linked-In.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/erictcook/

My contact info: ecook AT pcdgroup dot com or ecocinar AT gmail dot com

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009

emailed you a last minute call, let me know if you want it.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Biosludge posted:

Hi all,

I work for one of the big 4 professional services firms that does accounting, consulting, financial advisory, etc. I work in the technology consulting side, but would be happy to help someone get their foot in the door in another area as well.

We have tons of job openings at all times, so posting a specific job opening wouldn't be too helpful. If you think you may be a good fit, let me know what you're interested in and I can try and find a good opening.

This is a great company with high pay, benefits, and great name recognition. I am in the Washington DC area, but jobs are open all over the US.

If interested, email me at ssmith554309 AT gmail.com

Please include resume and what jobs you would be a good fit for. Good luck!

Sent you an email!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Biosludge posted:

Hi all,

I work for one of the big 4 professional services firms that does accounting, consulting, financial advisory, etc. I work in the technology consulting side, but would be happy to help someone get their foot in the door in another area as well.

We have tons of job openings at all times, so posting a specific job opening wouldn't be too helpful. If you think you may be a good fit, let me know what you're interested in and I can try and find a good opening.

This is a great company with high pay, benefits, and great name recognition. I am in the Washington DC area, but jobs are open all over the US.

If interested, email me at ssmith554309 AT gmail.com

Please include resume and what jobs you would be a good fit for. Good luck!

looking to do a change in career, do more BI/BA/data warehousing or technology consulting. email sent.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!
JOB OPENING

FT, on-site SEO Copywriter

Where: Skokie, IL (just outside Chicago, accessible by CTA)

I'm the lead copywriter for an integrated marketing agency that specializes in web marketing. We're looking for an experienced SEO copywriter who can write blog posts, press releases, miscellaneous web content and print collateral. You absolutely have to have professional experience writing for the web (preferably SEO), and you have to be able to write for a very wide variety of clients -- our clients range from esoteric heavy industry and B2B groups to consumer products.

As far as SEO copywriting jobs go, this is one of the better ones out there -- we're not a content farm, and we're not a copy sweatshop.

Email me for a link to the job listing. I can't tell you how much this job pays, because I honestly don't know. I also can't do any favors, because I'm on the department's hiring committee, so really, the best I can do is point you toward the job listing. I can say for sure, though, that we're a smaller agency and that it's a junior level position. So Mad Men it ain't, but hey, we're good people.

email: trvanburen at gmail dot com

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

tvb, I'm surprised you have to put an ad here. We put one Indeed ad up for a copywriter and we get hundreds of resumes, and all people willing to work for like 30k a year. Copywriting is not a good field to be in :)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Efexeye posted:

tvb, I'm surprised you have to put an ad here. We put one Indeed ad up for a copywriter and we get hundreds of resumes, and all people willing to work for like 30k a year. Copywriting is not a good field to be in :)

I like to think people post listings here because they'd rather hire a goon than a random for any position regardless of how easy it is to fill.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Totally TWISTED posted:

I like to think people post listings here because they'd rather hire a goon than a random for any position regardless of how easy it is to fill.

Yeah, that makes sense.

McDougirl
Jun 22, 2006
this title is custom-made!
Job Opening:

I realize this is quite a different listing from the usual programmer/chemist/engineer listing here, but I figured that there are a lot of goons in the neighborhood, and hopefully someone can pass it on, if nothing else.

Job: Before and after school care directors and aides, PT

We're currently hiring several directors and aides for part time positions beginning in the fall for the 2013-2014 school year (August 27 -- May 28). Positions are at various Loveland Elementary schools. Hours will vary based on location, but will be approximately 7:00 - 8:00 am and/or 2:00-6:00 pm. Training will be provided after hire.

Duties include:
-Supervising multiple 5-13 year olds
-Designing and implementing age appropriate activities.
-Helping with homework and projects
-Working cooperatively with other staff to provide a suitable environment

Qualifications: As mandated by the State of Colorado, (Rules and Regulations, 7.712.42) directors must be 21 years of age and possess previous verifiable work with school aged children (contact for specifics). Pay for directors ranges from $10-20/hour DOE for aftercare, and is $20/day for before care. Anyone over the age of 18 with childcare experience may apply for the position of aide. Pay for aides is $8/hour.

Contact: My Username at gmail.com. And like I said, feel free to pass my info along to any siblings/girlfriends that might be interested (assuming they're not idiots) this is a great job for CSU/UNC students in related fields.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!
Trust me, I'm beyond shocked that we aren't getting better candidates. I remember how competitive the market was when I was applying less than a year ago, and it boggles my mind. Most of the applicants we get either 1) Can't write, 2) Have no experience, or 3) Think they deserve a starting salary of 60K a year. Or all of the above.

And also, I remember obsessively checking this thread when I was job hunting, and while it didn't help me find the job I have now, I like to think that I could help out a goon in need.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
JOB OPENING

Javascript Application Developer for Popular Web App

Where: Eugene, OR

Here's the craigslist post but basically if you're a Javascript developer and you're in or near Eugene, we want to talk to you.

email: evan@coonrod.org

glu
Mar 22, 2009
Job Openings

Several job openings at LeMay-America's Car Museum:

Assistant Curator - Full-Time (Posted 07/03/13)

Bookkeeper - Full-Time (Posted 07/02/13)

Security Supervisor - Full-Time (Posted 07/02/13)

Security Officer - Full-Time (Posted 07/02/13)

Marketing & Communications Assistant - FT (Posted 06/21/13)

Database Coordinator - Full-Time (Posted 06/17/13): This is the one I know most about, so if you are interested give me a message!

Office Coordinator - Full-Time (Posted 04/19/13)

Education Coordinator - Full-Time (Posted:02/12/13)

For job descriptions, you can download them at lemaymuseum.org, under "about" Must follow the steps to be considered for a position.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I've taken to watching this thread for accounting jobs, so:

Job Seeker
Passed the CPA Exam but still stuck in retail, looking to get my foot in the door with a CPA firm somewhere.

Education:
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, cum laude
Passed CPA Exam -- all four sections, each on first attempt, highest score was Auditing with a 95

Experience:
1.5 years retail, with a fair bit of QuickBooks
MS Excel, Word, Access, some MySQL and SAP R/3

Availability:
I'll work anywhere, but Houston area is a plus.

Looking for:
A job in public accounting with a medium- to large-sized firm. Open to internships, too.

Contact info:
PM me, or email frankielumbago (at) gmail and I'll send up my resume.

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 10, 2013

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
HIRING in Bellevue, WA.

Need two application support engineers and one developer/application support engineer. Basically, our organization was brought in handle a hot mess for a foreign company. Their old outsourced IT people were given the boot for a host of reasons and we have inherited the results of their mismanagement. There are 70 business applications to support, many of which have no documentation(I am working on that) and some of which break constantly. We will be the escalation points and improvement drivers for the new, better IT setup. It is a challenge but there are a lot of opportunities to distinguish yourself. I have learned a ton in the last three months and I'm still not sure what next week will bring. My boss is already talking about new support contracts and partnerships and we've just barely righted the ship here.

Required (in decreasing order of importance):
1) A good attitude and a willingness to do research and work without constant oversight.
2) Some kind of support experience, and showing a good mentality towards helping coworkers/customers.
3) Technical ability: unix/linux systems, MS windows troubleshooting, bash/Powershell, SQL, MS Server administration, Oracle/SQL Server administration, et cetera.
4) This is more of a plus: experience with huge old albatross out-of-support enterprise software packages.

The roles are technical, but my boss would rather hire a person with the right attitude and train them up than deal with some sullen, mopey techwizard who needs constant supervision. Currently our office is small, but there is excellent opportunity for skills/career growth.

The developer job would be half support and half writing tools and debugging in ASP.NET and Javascript. It is a junior dev position so hopefully it will make a good foot in the door for someone.

MrKatharsis fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Any alternative contact info, MrKatharsis? While not for me, I've got somebody close who might be a good fit.