Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Another fantastic Bryan Alvarez Sports Analogy this week on the Observer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
HulkaMatt should always choose the music.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

triplexpac posted:

But he STOLE your UNIFORM!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

When I heard his eye pokes in MMA comment I thought "That wasn't so bad, what was triplexpac complaining about?" Then he said "What if in football..."

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm listening to Stone Cold Steve Austin spending ten plus minutes talking about fly facts.

If you aren't listening to Austin's podcast, you should.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
HulkaMatt I want you to know that my first thought on the tape library question was also Bret Hart vs. Tom Magee.

Also, Bryan was getting close to crazy rant mode when he was (justifiably) complaining about how lovely and stupid Raw was and he really hope he loses his mind on the B&V Show tonight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

he must have edited out the funny parts and interesting discussion too

He does that every week.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I was sure you guys would book a Bad Intentions reunion with Sweet T and Special K, Karl Anderson for #10.

Or Muta/Taker as a Hogan/Hansen dream match.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I'm very offended that you guys thought I had a stupid newbie avatar. Is my :10bux: worth nothing to you people?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Considering the closing discussion, I'm very disappointed in you, HulkaMatt, for not picking Devitt's theme as the music :colbert:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
HEY TEN COUNT Imagine you are charged with making an 8-12 match "Best of Wrestlemania" DVD with the caveat that you can't have any wrestler featured in multiple matches on the disc. What matches do you include? Also, my avatar is CM Punk holding an ice cream bar.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Ten Count: outside of the obvious choices (basically Cena or Lesnar, maybe Sting) who else is there that has the credibility/drawing power to be a fresh match-up for the Undertaker at Wrestlemania? if there is no one, then who, if anyone, on the current roster do you think could be built up well enough to be a draw against him?

if you've already answered a question like this I forgot about it and am dumb, feel free to skip

EDIT: oh and my avatar is from a kids cartoon on the disney channel called gravity falls.

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 3, 2013

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

10 Count: If you were going to start a wrestling promotion, what stupid acronym would you use? What would be your promotion's gimmick, and what one guy would you build the company around?

oatgan fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 2, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Inspired by the WWE thread, Punchcast: You're head of WWE creative and they've just hired Sting. What do you do with him?

NB: My avatar is ponies. Don't be mean! :argh:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Hulkamatt should pick the music every week. Don't you tread on slamming and jamming, Goog!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I should get to pick the music, and with my first selection I choose Mr. Perfect's TNA theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YAzkR-VZ6g

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

I should get to pick the music, and with my first selection I choose Mr. Perfect's TNA theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YAzkR-VZ6g

No use this instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HApYfaGogm4
every week
E:
And change the podcast name to the 3 Count and only answer 3 questions.
And the wrestler of the week is always Tank Abbott.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bring back Feud of the Week :smith:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Yaya posted:

HulkaMatt should always choose the music.

This guy gets it. If Goog would let me just choose the theme for the next podcast I definitely wouldn't disappoint!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Two of the F4W raffle prizes amused me.

quote:

WWE Pancho

Official 2010 Senate Banner from Linda McMahon

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

HulkaMatt posted:

This guy gets it. If Goog would let me just choose the theme for the next podcast I definitely wouldn't disappoint!

If the next song is as good as JoJo/Space Jam, then I will be a very happy man.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Two of the F4W raffle prizes amused me.

"Is that a real poncho, or a WWE poncho?"

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Draga posted:

If the next song is as good as JoJo/Space Jam, then I will be a very happy man.

I was sitting on getting JoJo on the podcast for like 3 weeks I am glad somebody enjoyed it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The Old School Wrestling Podcast has hit a mammoth 99 episodes with a recap of The Great American Bash 87. I'm really curious what they pull out for the 100th episode, I even shelled out for their first 50 episode boxset but then it was so cheap that it was worth it.

http://www.flairchop.com/archives/1895

I'm currently running through OSWReview and it's been fantastic. It's a shame the mic quality is so-so at the start but it's not enough to spoil anything, unlike Hogan who manages to spoil a lot by either acting like a dick, no selling or just generally winning.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Regarding OSWReview, the sound quality picks up fairly quickly because they get a new mic at some point. I remember because the mic is called the Yeti, which they always have to pronounce Schiavone-style.

YEHHHH-TAAAAAY

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
National Treasure update: Can't answer board questions because his iPad doesn't get an internet connection on his porch. He can do email since it downloads to the device, but there's no way for him to browse the board thread!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Mods plz rename thread "Wrestling Podcasts - God Bless Karl Stern" tia

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Classy episode of SNCJ. Surprisingly, there was stuff I had to take out.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was thinking of dropping my Observer sub, only because I've been too busy to listen to all the content they put out. But just hearing Brian talk about how "Silva put over Wiedman clean" made me remember why I'm still subscribed.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
National Treasure Karl Stern is putting out shows so fast that I can't keep up with them, what the heck.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jeffersonlives posted:

National Treasure Karl Stern is putting out shows so fast that I can't keep up with them, what the heck.

He was doing some sort of super week either for the 4th or just because it seemed like a good idea.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ten-Man Punchguy Sportcast: Which current WWE wrestler would make the smoothest transition to NJPW, and vice-versa?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
PSP Question: Explain to me in great detail how amazing you guys thought the Bray Wyatt debut was, because god drat was that amazing.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Sex_Ferguson posted:

PSP Question: Explain to me in great detail how amazing you guys thought the Bray Wyatt debut was, because god drat was that amazing.

I promise we'll talk about it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Goog posted:

I promise we'll talk about it.

I expected that, it's just so fuckin' rad, man.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There is a new episode of the 10 Count with some important changes up for anyone who wants to listen to it:

Topics:

1. The debut of the Wyatt Family

2. Will Kane be replaced in his Money in the Bank match?

3. Money in the Bank predictions

4. What's your least favorite regularly used gimmick match?

5. Who are the best and worst "big man" wrestlers?

6. What wrestler(s) could cross over and be successful in MMA?

7. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Scotty 2 Hotty

8. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Randy Orton vs. Mick Foley

9. Should Jim Johnston be in the WWE or Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame?

10. What's the age at which a wrestler should consider hanging up the boots?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Important changes. :ohdear:
No more joke censorship?
Hulkamatt is leaving again?

Jim Johnston belongs in the WON HOF alongside music sensations Chris Jericho, John Cena, and Randy Savage.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Jim Johnston belongs in the WON HOF alongside music sensations Chris Jericho, John Cena, and Randy Savage.

You forget the greatest music sensation in wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl3-J6HFxvY

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
the opening song for this week's Ten Count lmao

quick edit: Yo Goog, Wyatt sounded like he was over already from watching the show and reports from people actually in the building. The "never getting over" seemed too dramatic

schweens fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Punchsport Podcasters: important question for your show! My avatar is a pic of me by the way, in case anyone asks.

1. Which wrestlers can really rock a fedora?

• Locked thread