Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

haljordan posted:

i only need so many parachute accounts b/c no one wants to hear the truth about the jewish cabal that really runs these forums

lets just all admit it: were actually all stymie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

well yeah it's a $200 gadget that saves you the utterly plebian task of using your keys, who else is it for?

it would be really useful for multiuser places where you don't want to hand out keys to everyone and don't want to spend the money on installing a keypad, or worse an rf system. but yeah for home users its in the same category as the nest. also ur right about the alignment issue.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

also why would you want to work with/under another yospostesr, then theyll know exactly how much youre loving off at work

ian only seems to be around when somebody says his name, so we should just hold off doing that so proteus can hang out and post

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean ian mclean

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

the lean mean ian mcclean sucking his own ween like a green bean

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

Regardless of whether the products are delivered or performed, you agree you will not seek a refund or other compensation, by action against the Company, or by reversal or chargeback of your payment, or by any other means whatsoever.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

contdown to db leak and published GPS coords+descriptions

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

lets just all admit it: were actually all stymie

hey. some of us are moose milkie

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Bisty Q. posted:

Regardless of whether the products are delivered or performed, you agree you will not seek a refund or other compensation, by action against the Company, or by reversal or chargeback of your payment, or by any other means whatsoever.

Haha and TPE contracts are enforceable too

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

For some reason unenforceable legal wording really pisses me off, it really rustles my jimmies and gets my goat

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

legally unenforceable is just a nice abstract idea when in order to get it thrown out you have to take some massive company to court for a decade. like the telcos' "you hereby waive your right to sue and will accept whatever the verizon inc. appointed legal arbitrator says" stuff is bullshit, yes, but do you think you're actually going to get anything from fighting them over it? lmbo

incidentally this is why in tort law "loser pays all legal fees" should be a thing

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

legally unenforceable is just a nice abstract idea when in order to get it thrown out you have to take some massive company to court for a decade. like the telcos' "you hereby waive your right to sue and will accept whatever the verizon inc. appointed legal arbitrator says" stuff is bullshit, yes, but do you think you're actually going to get anything from fighting them over it? lmbo

incidentally this is why in tort law "loser pays all legal fees" should be a thing

Because when the republican district judge upholds the mandatory arbitration clause he should also automatically award millions of dollars to AT&T. Make litigation a win-or-die scenario for individuals. There's no way this would accelerate corporations' takeover of American society

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

i'm totally cool with having to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees because my lawyer was too dumb/crooked to tell me I didn't have an actual case

shifting the burden onto the lawyer doesn't work either because no one will ever agree to represent you unless it's a slam dunk

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hmm ya i was just parroting something i heard but i think i must have heard it wrong cause it doesn't make sense. what is a good kind of legal reform that would actually work to stop the whole de facto richest person/corporation wins because the poorer person just can't afford to fight it for years and years?

i suggest eating all the lawyers

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Please post Ian's salary demands, he has a "millionaire by 25" goal to reach after all.
don't worry it's only a stretch goal

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

jony ive aces posted:

don't worry it's only a stretch goal

what is that man doing to his salary

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Heresiarch posted:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Heresiarch posted:

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Ian McLean posted:

import os
import time
import threading
import webbrowser

def close_chrome():
while 1:
os.system('taskkill /fi "imagename eq chrome.exe" /f')
time.sleep(25)

def print_money():
threading.Timer(10.0, print_money).start()
for i in range(1,40):
webbrowser.open_new('https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.federalreserve.gov%2F&ei=kA8GUZfzPKfA2gXFioDQBA&usg=AFQjCNE0Xq5NWuTinlAx19qBk4VfIu9sHg&bvm=bv.41524429,d.b2I')
return print_money

print_money()
close_chrome()

Ian McLean posted:

Honestly Wolfram knows about Statpedia, if they weren't fine with it, then they would do something.

They are probably just chillin waiting for statpedia to become super successful so that they can try and sue statpedia if they dare.

I will not settle. I will take them all the way in court and force them to loose millions in fees in vain.

Ian McLean posted:

Will you change the statpedia.net to statpedia foundation please.

Statpedia Corporation donated 5% equity to Statpedia Foundation.

In the end, I plan to have less equity than Zuck.

I am fine with living modestly for investors, and PR.

Ian McLean posted:

Statpedia is worth billions.

Ian McLean posted:

Hi Proteus,

Will you hire me at WD? I need a job.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

just remember that you are recommending someone for a job that honestly thought he could spam federal reserve ads clicks on google to generate a billion dollar bill for them proteus

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

just remember that you are recommending someone for a job that honestly thought he could spam federal reserve ads clicks on google to generate a billion dollar bill for them proteus

wouldn't be the first time somebody got rich thanks to a stupid idea

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

prefect posted:

wouldn't be the first time somebody got rich thanks to a stupid idea

the product was stupid but the idea of selling stupid poo poo to idiots is timeless and excellent as always

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
in the late 80s when i was little i had the idea in this vein to sell steel ball bearings as "robot eggs"

family got all excited and was all "our little inventor/entrepreneur" and poo poo

my lawyer uncle checked the patents and yep someone already had that one

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i've never wanted a knob so bad

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cream_Filling posted:

the product was stupid but the idea of selling stupid poo poo to idiots is timeless and excellent as always

i cannot argue with this position :tipshat:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Cream_Filling posted:

this is the best type of money to swim in

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Werthog 95 posted:

i've never wanted a knob so bad

tee hee

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
murder everyone involved with this project and nuke portland

https://vimeo.com/65854807

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

We expect the post-crowdfunding retail price of the Portland Press to be $119.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Werthog 95 posted:

it was alright until that part

holy poo poo you loving hipsters

french presses own every bone but an advantage is that theyre loving cheap.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Werthog 95 posted:

ahahaha you shitheads

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

whats the price of an average french press

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

for five bucks more than what they're trying to sell that pile of garbage for you can get one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Belgium-Luxur...ds=french+press

which is way more hipstery anyway

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

haljordan posted:

whats the price of an average french press

i got a 12oz (good for 1-2 cups) for $4 at TJ maxx. theyre the simplest thing in the world

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

lol if you dont drink your coffee at least 16-20oz at a time

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Jonny 290 posted:

i got a 12oz (good for 1-2 cups) for $4 at TJ maxx. theyre the simplest thing in the world

jonny are u a maxxinista

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

tj maxx owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

lol if you drink dirty loving bean water

i just chew caffeine pills when i need a boost

• Locked thread