Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

poptart_fairy posted:

Goddammit, everything's working for me except Battleframe equipment slots. I can't unlock any new abilities or do any of the poo poo the tutorial's harping on about.

Yeah, that's where I'm stuck too.

EDIT: Which goon guild should I apply to join? I see a few like "Goons", "Goonswarm", etc. And which visual setting affects the trail that leads you to objectives?

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precedence
Jun 28, 2010

Verranicus posted:

Yeah, that's where I'm stuck too.

EDIT: Which goon guild should I apply to join? I see a few like "Goons", "Goonswarm", etc. And which visual setting affects the trail that leads you to objectives?

LLJK i think still has slots, Goonswarm we're unsure about. Goons is full.

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah it's a lot like that.
I might have 2 slots left in LLJK

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Almost time to get someone to remake FYAD, no?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
DPPH would be cooler. :/

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

I like DPPH

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Given that the army size is limited to 20, we'll probably end up having both.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!
Who wants [FAT] Goon Platoon? I'll hand it over to whoever will do poo poo with it, I don't have the time for an MMO job.

Until someone takes it, anyone who wants in is welcome.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Inimicul posted:

They're so proud of that Live Action Trailer. They keep playing it on the FireFall Fest stream. I literally cringed when watching it. Nostromo is badass but Pil needs to smoke a pack a day to have a voice worth that hair cut. That high pitched squaky voice just doesn't cut it.

Chat servers are still down. Login servers are now down. The FF Fest stream broke right after they said something that prompted them all to knock on wood. It's been a bad day for them.

Edit: Nalin, you realize you're going to buy more beans when they offer more crafting slots, right?

First let me just say, that taking the 47 new posts I found on this thread today, I got to take it back my previous statements that the open beta was only a formality.
On the subject of the video, Although they finally took 5 minutes on the internet to find some honest to god real portuguese (unlike the comics), I had to skip the first seconds (you can be creepy or you can be cheese, creepy and cheesy just freaks me out). I must confess I felt a little proud on knowing that there is way bigger dorks than myself out there.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo the HP levels of enemies in Ares missions. Defiance come back, all is forgiven. :catstare:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Sounds like you found an orange group Tanken mission. Those elites have a fuckton o' health.

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Idling in the mumble channel if someone is inclined to allow me to go to other channels, that'd be super.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
There's a witch hat in the store. GIVE IT. :byodood:

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010
So I worked out the crafting system mostly tonight and I need a lot of hisser DNA for Mammoth Plating II. Is the best way to get this thumping in the hisser areas? Cerrado Plains etc. They must not spawn much in Ares missions cause I did 100s of those last week and don't have any hisser DNA.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
Tim, For hissers I go around shooting the pod looking things in cerrado plains. Thumping in that area is always good as well. I haven't ever checked the market for DNA but if you're space rich, you could try that.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

:stare:

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

Tim, For hissers I go around shooting the pod looking things in cerrado plains. Thumping in that area is always good as well. I haven't ever checked the market for DNA but if you're space rich, you could try that.

Alright cool. I am definitely space poor after grinding out all the beta crystite stuff last week :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Anyone got tweak guides or the like handy - i.e. what options are dependent on what, which has noticeable changes on the game, etc? It seems my CPU fan goes loving nuts when I turn on, say, lighting effects but stuff like models has no effect on it. I'm not worried about damage per se but there's that nagging doubt in the back of my head that the computer will explode and kill everyone because it was trying to render a machine gun's muzzle flash for too long.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
This whole SIN network thing just seems like a recipe for disaster. It controls everything so if anything breaks it everything is affected.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

The game is pretty much unplayable. Garage/printer are unresponsive and just hang indefinitely.

Edit: and I still lose my 5 button/can't use call-downs.

dudeman fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 10, 2013

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I had to log off during the "build jumpjet/something for your jumpjet/upgrade jumpjet" tutorial and now I've got this permanent quest marker to go build some "hybrid fuel source" except I can't figure out what the hell to choose in the build menus, if there is even anything there to click. The tutorial isn't very good, and the interface seems to need a giant monitor because some of the stuff is barely readable at 1366x768 (I play on my HDTV).

It's kind of fun just running around and shooting stuff (when the framerate doesn't go to poo poo) but they have a lot of work to do on this thing.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Anyone needing Hisser DNA needs to focus their search on Melded Hissers. They tend to drop 2-3 per kill. You can either go up to Northern Shores / Esquileto Beach area and kill the ones that like to spawn on you or drop a thumper close enough to the melding and you'll have more than you know what to do with. Another option (my favorite) is to just do ARES missions with Chosen. Not only will you find melded hissers, but you'll get all the delicious crystite that the Chosen like to drop.

If you are having video trouble, here's my top 4 tweaks
1: Play in full screen mode instead of borderless windowed / windowed. This makes a huge difference.
2: Decrease Particle Quality. Not only will your game run better but now biotech classes won't poo poo on your framerate with half their skills.
3: Draw Distance makes a noticeable difference on my machines. I set it to 900 on my laptop and 1300 on my desktop. I could probably bump it up on the desktop but it's been good enough that I don't need more. The laptop used to run at 600 until this patch so I can tell it's gotten better.
4: Go to Network and set that. Disabling it hurt my framerate but setting it to a modest setting improved things. The game doesn't seem to use more than 4 up or down according to the console.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
Before everything went on the fritz this morning I was in a city when the SIN tower got blown up. The melding swept over the town and swallowed up the city. Absolutely nobody seemed to know how to re-claim the area from the meld.

Also, have they added in an exchange. Not that I can afford anything yet, but I wanted to check out some prices for items.

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Also, have they added in an exchange.

Yep. It's called "Marketplace". First option on the "~" menu. It was working (poorly) in closed beta. I only ever got a few searches in before it would hang for the rest of the session.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Seems like every time I drop a thumper people swarm in to help.. would it be possible to just drop a thumper, then once someone comes in to help defend it tab out and come back when it's full? Or is how many resources you get tied into personal performance?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

permanoob posted:

Idling in the mumble channel if someone is inclined to allow me to go to other channels, that'd be super.
I registered you. I also made the "Squads" channel usable by even unregistered users, so in the worst case scenario, you guys can use that one.

Verranicus posted:

This whole SIN network thing just seems like a recipe for disaster. It controls everything so if anything breaks it everything is affected.
The SIN network stuff is just a fancy way of saying web-based controls run on Amazon AWS cloud services. Everything in the game is web-based. I am actually curious if the problems are because of a lack of AWS instances, or if the problem is something like a bottlenecked centralized database server. Anyway, /rui is your friend. It basically causes Awesomium to restart, which fixes lots of things.

Inimicul posted:

Anyone needing Hisser DNA needs to focus their search on Melded Hissers.
Don't forget tornadoes. Billions of them spawn during tornadoes. Especially during the end.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

Before everything went on the fritz this morning I was in a city when the SIN tower got blown up. The melding swept over the town and swallowed up the city. Absolutely nobody seemed to know how to re-claim the area from the meld.

Also, have they added in an exchange. Not that I can afford anything yet, but I wanted to check out some prices for items.
Your server failed an invasion mission. That town will be locked out for around 3 hours or so, upon which the melding will naturally recede and you will be able to retake the town. Also, ALT+M opens the marketplace.

E:

Verranicus posted:

Seems like every time I drop a thumper people swarm in to help.. would it be possible to just drop a thumper, then once someone comes in to help defend it tab out and come back when it's full? Or is how many resources you get tied into personal performance?
Thumpers don't scale rewards based on performance. You either get everything or you don't.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Verranicus posted:

Not tied to personal performance at all. It used to be everyone would grab their Bastions and drop a person thumper somewhere with a bunch of turrets, then AFK out till it was done. I spent a good 12 hours(Time I'll never get back) doing this back when it cost 10k refined just to reach Tier 2.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Snaxx posted:

Yep. It's called "Marketplace". First option on the "~" menu. It was working (poorly) in closed beta. I only ever got a few searches in before it would hang for the rest of the session.

The search doesn't know what to do with a space. Searching for two words will cause that. Also, I've noticed that I can not search for Silicate but if I search for sil I can. Odd things like that, but at least it's done in real-time so you can see these bugs as they happen.

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009

Inimicul posted:

The search doesn't know what to do with a space. Searching for two words will cause that. Also, I've noticed that I can not search for Silicate but if I search for sil I can. Odd things like that, but at least it's done in real-time so you can see these bugs as they happen.

Ah, I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tip!

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
Has anyone been able to kill the white wargrim? Don't know if its a rare spawn or broken,

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

xxEightxx posted:

Has anyone been able to kill the white wargrim? Don't know if its a rare spawn or broken,

I had and asked that same question, then I noticed a 'white flag' marker on my map leading to him. Look for that.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I've seen him spawn in two places. In a cave and on top of a cocoon on a plateu by the road in the western part of his white area. There may be more places but those are the ones I've seen.

Is there a command to have Alliancebot tell me who all is online?

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Inimicul posted:

I've seen him spawn in two places. In a cave and on top of a cocoon on a plateu by the road in the western part of his white area. There may be more places but those are the ones I've seen.

Is there a command to have Alliancebot tell me who all is online?

Alliancebot Whatthefuck

halwain
May 31, 2011
If anyone is interested seing the game, its getting streamed on twitch http://www.twitch.tv/r5studios with some random twitch streamers playing the game (that probably get paid for fake enthusiasm but whatever).

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
If anyone wants to see my twitch stream, I'll sum up the last hour. I entered the garage and clicked on Maintenance. An hour later I /exit because I can't do anything or even exit the garage.

Kristopher, thank you for hosting a Mumble server. It's been invaluable for those times when the chat server goes down. Any chance you can change it so that it doesn't hate me for using two different machines? Even after importing the certificate from the working install on one PC, it won't let me connect on the other.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 10, 2013

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

halwain posted:

If anyone is interested seing the game, its getting streamed on twitch http://www.twitch.tv/r5studios with some random twitch streamers playing the game (that probably get paid for fake enthusiasm but whatever).

They're R5 employees. They certainly are paid to be enthusiastic.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
They had some "youtube celebrities" on the last couple days as if that was supposed to make me want to play more.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So....do missions, use thumper, get upgrades that way? Is it really that simple?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

poptart_fairy posted:

So....do missions, use thumper, get upgrades that way? Is it really that simple?

Then get your arcporter keys, goto blackwater anomaly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

Inimicul posted:

Anyone needing Hisser DNA needs to focus their search on Melded Hissers. They tend to drop 2-3 per kill. You can either go up to Northern Shores / Esquileto Beach area and kill the ones that like to spawn on you or drop a thumper close enough to the melding and you'll have more than you know what to do with. Another option (my favorite) is to just do ARES missions with Chosen. Not only will you find melded hissers, but you'll get all the delicious crystite that the Chosen like to drop.

I did enough Ares missions with Chosen last week to unlock the Chosen Mask and have 10 Hisser DNA or something so I don't know what the gently caress. Thumping/Shooting their pods worked earlier so I will go back to that at some point.

Does Baneclaw ever get killed anymore? Apparently I can add Baneclaw fragments to my armor plates :getin:

(I'm Sarevok in-game btw, enjoyed our mission group earlier)

• Locked thread