Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mahazuhul
Feb 15, 2006
Ran into a hacker earlier today (FKBLRBlackList was his oh so subtle name) and tried to record him on Helodeck. In his wisdom though, he had picked an incendiary BPFA to hack with, so he kept dying. He just couldn't kill people fast enough, aimbot or no. That is probably the worst weapon to hack with. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

So I finally bought the BFR and I totally suck with it. Holy poo poo. I'm so used to the LMG style of aim and fire forever.

Habermann
Nov 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only player on my team...

LMG Recon continues to be my favorite receiver (In terms of being the most fun to play with / the most effective in close-quarters maps), specced for 70 DMG and minimized recoil. No ADS necessary: Just spray that poo poo like John Rambo, and watch the ragdolls form a nice little pile. That being said, my best receiver (In terms of actually maintaining a high KDR / playing on larger maps) is still probably the AK, settling at 50 DMG and aiming for lower recoil. I can out-snipe snipers from across Containment with it, causing them to instantly fly in fits of hackusations.

As my secondary, I've been using a totally raw Revolver: No scope or special ammo. I swear it still works better than the shotgun for close encounters, and have no idea why some of you guys swear by that piece of poo poo. When I'm using it in conjunction with my SMG class though, I slap the quickest IR scope on it, so I can at least pretend I have a long-range game going.

Habermann fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 9, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Habermann posted:

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only player on my team...

LMG Recon continues to be my favorite receiver (In terms of being the most fun to play with / the most effective in close-quarters maps), specced for 70 DMG and minimized recoil. No ADS necessary: Just spray that poo poo like John Rambo, and watch the ragdolls form a nice little pile. That being said, my best receiver (In terms of actually maintaining a high KDR / playing on larger maps) is still probably the AK, settling at 50 DMG and aiming for lower recoil. I can out-snipe snipers from across Containment with it, causing them to instantly fly in fits of hackusations.

As my secondary, I've been using a totally raw Revolver: No scope or special ammo. I swear it still works better than the shotgun for close encounters, and have no idea why some of you guys swear by that piece of poo poo. When I'm using it in conjunction with my SMG class though, I slap the quickest IR scope on it, so I can at least pretend I have a long-range game going.

I'm curious to see your 50 dmg AK build. Please post us a screenshot. Also, strange enough I moved away from both the revolver and the shotgun in favor of the machine pistol. I used to hate it and by all logic it should be a piece of worthless poo but in my hands it just wrecks people.

Habermann
Nov 3, 2007

by Lowtax

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I'm curious to see your 50 dmg AK build. Please post us a screenshot. Also, strange enough I moved away from both the revolver and the shotgun in favor of the machine pistol. I used to hate it and by all logic it should be a piece of worthless poo but in my hands it just wrecks people.

I switch between this IR scope and the "OPRL Reflex-2 Holo" depending on the map / gamemode (IR for larger maps and DOM / CTF, holo for smaller maps and DM-types). I'll also occasionally swap out the muzzle for the "Krane Mauler KMD 8" (The similar-looking one directly next to it in the line-up) for smaller maps as well, to bring down a bit more recoil at the cost of a bit of accuracy.

I am very finicky about my recoil and accuracy numbers, and I frequently need to change things around in order to match my playstyle for the day.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
A lot of trading later and I was finally there.

Good lord what have I done.

Help me.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 9, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Xenaero posted:

A lot of trading later and I was finally there.

Good lord what have I done.

You became beautiful

*Edit* Also, I decided to re-install for some reason. I hope that I don't have insane stutters anymore! :holy:

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 9, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Xenaero posted:

Help me.

"There are horrors beyond life's edge that we do not suspect, and once in a while man's evil prying calls them just within our range."

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

Australian Pubbies: Proving that a 250HP build is better than skill.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

XTimmy posted:

Australian Pubbies: Proving that a 250HP build is better than skill.

Welcome to the chub club. Sandwiches and katanas on the table to your left.

Any rate, echoing the love for the LMG-R. Once I got it going with a high enough runspeed I just treat it like the SMG's thyroid-damaged cousin; hipfire all the time while going fast, and start pre-firing at a corner to control the recoil if you know there's a mean dude in the next room. I get a lotta grump for killing people with 'spray and pray', too, so there's also that.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

They just love to bitch about everything over on the :furcry: forums, don't they?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SwitchbladeKult posted:

They just love to bitch about everything over on the :furcry: forums, don't they?

Obnoxious whining is a staple of F2P forums.

In lighter news, I went 12/4 in my first match back so I'm happy. I'd like to say that I'm a good player but everyone else on the server was REALLY inept.

mahazuhul
Feb 15, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Obnoxious whining is a staple of F2P forums.

In lighter news, I went 12/4 in my first match back so I'm happy. I'd like to say that I'm a good player but everyone else on the server was REALLY inept.

I don't know, if you're good at other FPS games, you'll probably do well in BLR. HRV just makes everything more tactical. Improve your awareness (get a Hunter helmet to improve your HRV recharge and take your HP to 205) and you'll be destroying people in no time. Using HRV well is key in this game.

I probably went like 2-22 in my first game, due to having practically no multiplayer FPS experience at all. I was that derpy lvl1 charging into battle courageously holding LMB all the way.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

mahazuhul posted:

I don't know, if you're good at other FPS games, you'll probably do well in BLR. HRV just makes everything more tactical. Improve your awareness (get a Hunter helmet to improve your HRV recharge and take your HP to 205) and you'll be destroying people in no time. Using HRV well is key in this game.

I probably went like 2-22 in my first game, due to having practically no multiplayer FPS experience at all. I was that derpy lvl1 charging into battle courageously holding LMB all the way.

I should say first game since I uninstalled last. I've played for a while, though I've never been that good. THe only way to get better at a game is to practise I guess and I've gotten a bit better at shooters since I last played.

Still gotta save up for a barricade though :argh:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

I should say first game since I uninstalled last. I've played for a while, though I've never been that good. THe only way to get better at a game is to practise I guess and I've gotten a bit better at shooters since I last played.

Welcome back man! I look to busting heads with you again.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

You are on The Right Path.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Does anyone have a burst fire smg they're willing to trade for? I got a bunch of those datanodes and level rewards. I'm Gwynn ingame.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Mercedes posted:

Does anyone have a burst fire smg they're willing to trade for? I got a bunch of those datanodes and level rewards. I'm Gwynn ingame.

Why is that name super familiar?

Edit: also I'll check when I get home.

Edit2:
:chord:

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 12, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Last night I decided to try out Xsplit again to see if performance had improved any. Good news, it has! Here is a quick video of DensityDuck and myself.

http://youtu.be/f_d2ZUWd7UI

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 12, 2013

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Tell me your secrets, mine just goes into stuttering hell every so often then unfucks itself for a while before going back to stutter hell.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
So people have been saying that fast snipers with BARs are good for CTF and the like, are you referring to BARs with low speed penalties, or do those snipers just switch to a light sidearm like a machine pistol or something, relocate to see the flag carrier, and THEN pull out their -1.0 speed modifier BARs?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Artificer posted:

So people have been saying that fast snipers with BARs are good for CTF and the like, are you referring to BARs with low speed penalties, or do those snipers just switch to a light sidearm like a machine pistol or something, relocate to see the flag carrier, and THEN pull out their -1.0 speed modifier BARs?
The latter, and in fact I would argue that an AMR is better at capper-hunting than a BAR, since good cappers will stay out of cover as little as possible and will prioritise evading over fighting, making headshots harder. And if they have a barricade you'll need to shoot their feet.

With that said... the current BAR mechanics don't give much of a reason to build it particularly slow anyway. -0.60 (extended mag and Stabilized stock) is as low as I would go, because using anything heavier than a speedy Rush barrel only improves hipfire. And a 0.00 build (light mag and Ultralight stock) is still perfectly usable with a 65 RoF.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Habermann posted:

I switch between this IR scope and the "OPRL Reflex-2 Holo" depending on the map / gamemode (IR for larger maps and DOM / CTF, holo for smaller maps and DM-types). I'll also occasionally swap out the muzzle for the "Krane Mauler KMD 8" (The similar-looking one directly next to it in the line-up) for smaller maps as well, to bring down a bit more recoil at the cost of a bit of accuracy.

I am very finicky about my recoil and accuracy numbers, and I frequently need to change things around in order to match my playstyle for the day.

I tried this for an AR but swapped out the two-step for a copperhead, and holy drat does it do WORK.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

PWE has released an image with what a person with the thermal cloak gear will look like in the thermal scope.

]

For non regular cloaked people it doesn't look too bad, but I'm not sure if the ability to be used with a regular cloak is too powerful or not.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Whatever happened to that Stealth Mk. II thing they posted?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Azzanadra posted:

For non regular cloaked people it doesn't look too bad, but I'm not sure if the ability to be used with a regular cloak is too powerful or not.

You'd still show up in HRV I think, right?

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Xenaero posted:

You'd still show up in HRV I think, right?

Correct. Cloak + Thermal patch just turns enemies' IR scopes into slightly worse normal scopes.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

Azzanadra posted:

PWE has released an image with what a person with the thermal cloak gear will look like in the thermal scope.

]

so shoot black people instead of yellow people. got it. good thing I live in Florida. :v:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Thoughts on the IronMonger chest? It's the first heavy one with two slots.

Thinking of the Red-Sand Stabilized because it will go well with my BAR and possibly my LMG as well, and I'm wondering if you guys have any thoughts on the throwing knives as well.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

So PWE decided to discount the packs available through Steam four days after the Summer Sale started I guess.

Evacuation Pack :10bux: :10bux:
Sniper Kit $7.49
Starter Pack :10bux:

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Artificer posted:

Thoughts on the IronMonger chest? It's the first heavy one with two slots.

Thinking of the Red-Sand Stabilized because it will go well with my BAR and possibly my LMG as well, and I'm wondering if you guys have any thoughts on the throwing knives as well.

I think you mean the WarMonger chest? It's decent, but I much prefer the last chests Impact CQT/Warzone oX9 (identical stats) and the BreakGuard.

The Redsand stock is the best BAR one if you don't care about runspeed. It has the lowest possible scope-in and second-best recoil/RoF stat. That's a solid purchase!

The knives takes a lot of practice. They have an arc and they're not hitscan, so you have to lead the aim on moving targets. Too much effort for me to bother with them :v:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Lima posted:

I think you mean the WarMonger chest? It's decent, but I much prefer the last chests Impact CQT/Warzone oX9 (identical stats) and the BreakGuard.

The Redsand stock is the best BAR one if you don't care about runspeed. It has the lowest possible scope-in and second-best recoil/RoF stat. That's a solid purchase!

The knives takes a lot of practice. They have an arc and they're not hitscan, so you have to lead the aim on moving targets. Too much effort for me to bother with them :v:

Ah. Why do you prefer the last chests? It is a nice two slot inbetween chest between the BreakGuard and Impact CQT, isn't it? I mean I'm planning to get the Breakguard still and I've already got the CQT already...

Okay!

Ah, maybe I'll take my inventory slots elsewhere, then. Thanks!

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Artificer posted:

Ah. Why do you prefer the last chests? It is a nice two slot inbetween chest between the BreakGuard and Impact CQT, isn't it? I mean I'm planning to get the Breakguard still and I've already got the CQT already...

Okay!

Ah, maybe I'll take my inventory slots elsewhere, then. Thanks!

To me, the +0.5s stamina and +0.4 runspeed isn't worth the 10 less health if I wear an o9X.
If I go from the BreakGuard, I gain 8 health at the cost of 0.7s stamina and 0.2 runspeed which could be worth it, but I really like the huge chunk of stamina you get from using BreakGuard chest + legs.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

:spergin: The Warmonger has the exact same tradeoff ratio as the Impact/Warzone chest - half the penalties, half the bonuses - so it's perfectly fine to use it as long as you're aiming for a health score between 225 and 232.

(Lower than 225 and you can use the Break Guard armour for better stamina; higher than 232 and you'd be forced into the Diamondback legs which have an oversized stamina penalty and should never be used outside of a 250HP build.)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

:spergin: The Warmonger has the exact same tradeoff ratio as the Impact/Warzone chest - half the penalties, half the bonuses - so it's perfectly fine to use it as long as you're aiming for a health score between 225 and 232.

(Lower than 225 and you can use the Break Guard armour for better stamina; higher than 232 and you'd be forced into the Diamondback legs which have an oversized stamina penalty and should never be used outside of a 250HP build.)

Hmmm. Not too many important damage breaking points within those two numbers. I think I'll pass on that as well, then.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

:siren: Holy fuckballs the EU server is getting TRIPLE GP and XP for the next 24 hours jump on it fellow declines of the West :siren:

:lol: they couldn't get the bonus to work, so postponed for a few days. Still, keep an eye out.

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 17, 2013

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
drat, my M4X build is crushing like nuts, I'm putting up 3:1 and 4:1 scores.

Any suggestion for improvements?

GenericRX
Jun 29, 2013
Downloading now for sweet customization action and making pubbies angry just by having a [GOON] tag. Does this run well on lower-tier computers?

Gets
Mar 11, 2009
Yes, it uses the Unreal 3 engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericRX
Jun 29, 2013
In game right now as GenericRX.

• Locked thread