Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

crikey sheila i've been rumbled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Went to bed at tea, woke up to headline "Siddle confident Australia can take first innings lead". I presumed it meant that England's tail had wagged big until I read on.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Probably fancies himself as the best bat in the side

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

EMC posted:

He's not far wrong tbf

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

boss key posted:

Went to bed at tea, woke up to headline "Siddle confident Australia can take first innings lead". I presumed it meant that England's tail had wagged big until I read on.

You've seen your share of Australian batting collapses, I don't understand how that wasn't your first assumption.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Australia are poor at cricket.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Looking forward to our tail getting us over the 400 mark.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Coq au Nandos posted:

You've seen your share of Australian batting collapses, I don't understand how that wasn't your first assumption.

Fair enough. As EMC said, it was because the comment was coming from Siddle. Presumed he couldn't finish the job.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

boss key are you deep square leg?

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

thehappyprince posted:

boss key are you deep square leg?

Yep. Just wanted to cut down its appearances in casual google searches since I use the name elsewhere.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

That sounds ominous

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

EMC posted:

Well we all know the "batsmen" in an Australian squad are just there to make up the numbers.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

I actually put 5 dollars on Mitchell Starc to lead the Australians in run scoring for the entire series @ 501.00 I think it was

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Are any of these ten tests going to last for more than four days? Three?

thehappyprince posted:

That sounds ominous

More :tinfoil: than anything. Just separating a couple of profiles.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

EMC posted:

I actually put 5 dollars on Mitchell Starc to lead the Australians in run scoring for the entire series @ 501.00 I think it was

That's not the worst bet ever. Clarke is barely match fit and the rest are a rabble. Maybe Siddle might get it

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

boss key posted:

More :tinfoil: than anything. Just separating a couple of profiles.

On that note, if you use Chrome at work, and notice the "Not signed in to Chrome, You're missing out - sign in" link, yeah don't. The only thing you're missing out on is easy access to your, uh, bookmarks.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

That's not the worst bet ever. Clarke is barely match fit and the rest are a rabble. Maybe Siddle might get it

Yeh that is basically what I figured, just had a look and it was at 251.00 but still worth a flutter

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I wish we could bet on the Brad Haddin Memorial Trophy for the batsman who gets themselves out "getting on top of the bowling" at the most ludicrously inappropriate moment.

it's all of them

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

webmeister posted:

I wish we could bet on the Brad Haddin Memorial Trophy for the batsman who gets themselves out "getting on top of the bowling" at the most ludicrously inappropriate moment.

it's all of them

I think that's something we can just award in the thread, tbh

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

webmeister posted:

it's all of them

Also known as the Michael Slater 'just play your shots' Award

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

webmeister posted:

it's all of them

Brad Haddin isn't dead yet

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Guys, who cares about the Ashes as tonight we'll get the rare chance to see India take on Sri Lanka in an ODI.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I reckon Australia all out for 160

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Part of me hopes that this just ends up as a re-enactment of the 2005 Ashes, only with a much lower quality of play.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

serious gaylord posted:

I reckon Australia all out for 160

I think we'd be doing good to get over 150

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Phil Hughes is not surviving the first session. How is he dismissed?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Hyperriker posted:

Caught Guptil, bowled Martin.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Edit: ^^ beaten.

Is Martin Guptill playing?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Don't worry guys, our best batsmen are still to come (i.e. the bowlers).

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
What are the odds of Steve Smith being our highest scorer this series?

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Hyperriker posted:

Caught prior, bowled Trott (or Root whatever)

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

What are the odds of Steve Smith being our highest scorer this series?

Can get in @ 7 at the moment

How sad

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Watson injured :niggly:

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Shocker, what a loving baby

Dislocated headband?

pazrs
Mar 27, 2005

Nice and sporting of you to be happy about injuries.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Thats literally the same reaction I had when I found out Broad was injured, but then it turns out that he might be alright :(

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

pazrs posted:

Nice and sporting of you to be happy about injuries.

I'm more amused than happy but yes I agree.

:qq:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Hyperriker posted:

Stumped.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Hyperriker posted:

Easily?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Tony A. Butt posted:

Brad Haddin isn't dead yet

Stop reminding me :smith:

• Locked thread