Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-1928-16US4-Chambord-Coffee-Press/dp/B00005LM0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373467239&sr=8-1&keywords=french+press

$40 for an 8 cup super badass "gonna last a really long time" one

but its glass and as everyone knows glass isnt renewable or organic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

haljordan posted:

jonny are u a maxxinista

oh hell yes i am. that store is cool. why pay $8 for a pepper grinder at target when u can go next door to TJ and buy it for $3

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Bodum-1928-16US4-Chambord-Coffee-Press/dp/B00005LM0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373467239&sr=8-1&keywords=french+press

$40 for an 8 cup super badass "gonna last a really long time" one

but its glass and as everyone knows glass isnt renewable or organic

unlike mason jars

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Al! posted:

unlike mason jars

a ball mason jar which are specifically ones you buy from a store instead of a recycled jar from a product you bought

oregon is the worst

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ha, the wood they're using isn't even native to oregon. almost all of the native trees in oregon are doug fir and they dont even use that

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

"the problem with French presses is they break and that's wasteful! so we used a mason jar so when it breaks you can just throw it out and get another!"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

for five bucks more than what they're trying to sell that pile of garbage for you can get one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Belgium-Luxur...ds=french+press

which is way more hipstery anyway

vacuum brewing is p cool mechanically but i'd rather build a cold brew setup using lab glassware and maybe a fritted glass filter

e: either mounted onto a wood frame or maybe some ring stands but either way that bitch would be tall as all hell

H.P. Hovercraft fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 10, 2013

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
i have a big stupid nespresso gemini thing that sits on top of my kitchen cupboards unused because pods and hassle. gently caress yeah i rule

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Shaggar posted:

"the problem with French presses is they break and that's wasteful! so we used a mason jar so when it breaks you can just throw it out and get another!"

how the gently caress do people break them

im a clumsy dumb idiot and ive had mine for a few years with no issue

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Yeah I can't visit the town centre without looking in to see what's new on the 'hilarious home and garden ornament' section.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yeah I can't visit the town centre without looking in to see what's new on the 'hilarious home and garden ornament' section.

it's just assorted garden gnomes in my local one

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i always wanted one of those wizard orb lawn ornaments

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

gazing balls own

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Al! posted:

for five bucks more than what they're trying to sell that pile of garbage for you can get one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Belgium-Luxur...ds=french+press

which is way more hipstery anyway
cool, i can finally drink steampunk coffee

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

wait nope i want one of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kugel_ball

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
oh gently caress you al!

Sham bam bamina! posted:

cool, i can finally drink steampunk coffee
        /

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

i always wanted one of those wizard orb lawn ornaments

they're cool i got my mom one once

fyi birds will absolutely attack it so make sure it's secured better than just sitting on top of a concrete pedestal with a little knob

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

fyi birds will absolutely attack it so make sure it's secured better than just sitting on top of a concrete pedestal with a little knob

that's even cooler

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

BooLoo posted:

i have a big stupid nespresso gemini thing that sits on top of my kitchen cupboards unused because pods and hassle. gently caress yeah i rule

same

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is this a ball you shove up your butt

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh wait, kugel, not kegel

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

i bet it stops spinning if bird poo poo manages to dry to it or you ding it with a rock or hammer

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
yeah you have to keep them perfectly smooth. this one is neat too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3D6vXMq5xQ

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

just remember that you are recommending someone for a job that honestly thought he could spam federal reserve ads clicks on google to generate a billion dollar bill for them proteus

i'd say 90% of our sales team has had ideas just as bad if not worse so it's ok

i'll probably submit the resume early next week, kinda busy this week. tbh it's not that bad. i've seen worse

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

ian you're on the fast track to another $500

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i've worked with some straight up competent workers that were great on the job but had some reprehensible ideas on how to run a business and make money on the side, so believe in u ian :shobon:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

how the gently caress do people break them

im a clumsy dumb idiot and ive had mine for a few years with no issue

i've broken one, it just got stuck in the cabinet wrong and fell out when i opened it

now i own a metal one, which i will probably have until i die if not significantly longer

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
oh i had another one break in my luggage coming back from curacao. i got to have my morning drugs, so i travel with a french press sometimes when i know it's going to be hard to get coffee. metal one is great for that, too

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

quote:

A kugel ball can weigh thousands of pounds, but because the thin film of water lubricates it, the ball spins.[
whoa. i know this feeling

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

thousand pound kegel

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

oh i had another one break in my luggage coming back from curacao. i got to have my morning drugs, so i travel with a french press sometimes when i know it's going to be hard to get coffee. metal one is great for that, too

Here you go!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

agreed actually

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
tjmaxx/marshalls spun off a whole new chain of housewares poo poo forget what its called tho

being poor and buying a couple good pans and poo poo at tjmaxx and get a decent equipped kitchen for like $45 owned

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
tyvm for not saying "unironically" like an idiot shitlord

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

graph posted:

tjmaxx/marshalls spun off a whole new chain of housewares poo poo forget what its called tho

being poor and buying a couple good pans and poo poo at tjmaxx and get a decent equipped kitchen for like $45 owned

is it homegoods? there's one right next to the marshalls at harmar and my wife likes to buy things there

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

graph posted:

you are thinking of HomeGoods

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

yea homegoods is the poo poo. theres one right across the street from the marshalls near my apt

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

TOOT BOOT posted:

For some reason unenforceable legal wording really pisses me off, it really rustles my jimmies and gets my goat

just fyi companies can now put "also, you have no recourse to a class-action lawsuit under any circumstances" in those EULAs and it's 100% legal. you can thank John Roberts and the worthless white people who voted for the guy who appointed him for that

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

i wish there was a homegoods in boston

we've got a bunch of marshalls but no homegoods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

i've thought about trying one of those, but idk...as soon as i figure out whether i'm in australia permanently i'm probably going to plop down for a ridiculously expensive espresso machine

although maybe i should try the cheap options first

• Locked thread