Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Trig Discipline posted:

i've thought about trying one of those, but idk...as soon as i figure out whether i'm in australia permanently i'm probably going to plop down for a ridiculously expensive espresso machine

although maybe i should try the cheap options first

Just pinch one from the uni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Trig Discipline posted:

i've thought about trying one of those, but idk...as soon as i figure out whether i'm in australia permanently

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

oh man i hope so

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Trig Discipline posted:

i've thought about trying one of those, but idk...as soon as i figure out whether i'm in australia permanently i'm probably going to plop down for a ridiculously expensive espresso machine

although maybe i should try the cheap options first

It makes a really awesome shot of espresso in like 60 seconds just get one geez.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Gonna print out me some paper bitcoins because it's real non-fiat currency you guys and people will accept this as actual money.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Also apparently it takes $10,000 to make a crappy flash animation

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Migishu posted:

Gonna print out me some paper bitcoins because it's real non-fiat currency you guys and people will accept this as actual money.
little printer and raspberry pi

BUT WITH BITCOINS

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

graph posted:

being poor and buying a couple good pans and poo poo at tjmaxx and get a decent equipped kitchen for like $45 owned

i got them from kitchen kapers but i recently acquired a cherry pitter and a citrus reamer and they both own

Bret Post
Apr 12, 2013

I'm a Gooby

Yodzilla posted:

i got them from kitchen kapers but i recently acquired a cherry pitter and a citrus reamer and they both own

Arduino powered 6 cherry pitter and combo lemon de-seeder. Never get lemon juice in your paper cuts again. Is 100k too much to ask?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Migishu posted:

a thousand bucks, yeah, that'll be enough to get an assembly line rolling

quote:

Risks and challenges

Building everything myself is going to be quite a challenge as the assembly process is quite time consuming.

oh.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Werthog 95 posted:

a thousand bucks, yeah, that'll be enough to get an assembly line rolling

oh.

its just a receipt printer with a custom decal

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/152013246/the-lord-of-catan

"To fully express what we self-important types call MY CREATIVE VISION for the film, I would need the kind of equipment usually reserved for Michael Bay movies."

its a loving movie about a loving board game

and its loving 2 player catan

aka the most boring catan games

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

"It would blend a wide variety of influences from Aronofsky and Kubrick to Woody Allen, John Woo, Werner Fassbinder and Japanese anime (namely Furi Kuri for any otaku out there)."

:barf:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
A husband and wife's game night plunges them into a vortex of madness and destruction.

this sounds like when we play drunken scrabble at the beach

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

i swear ive seen more than one short film where its people playing a board game and ~wacky antics ensue~

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

A husband and wife's game night plunges them into a vortex of madness and destruction.

this sounds like when we play drunken scrabble at the beach

hopefully it's more like Antichrist

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

and its loving 2 player catan

aka the most boring catan games

my wife and i love catan but we're both solitary shutin losers with only one set of friends who play catan so we've looked into the 2-player rules and both of us decided that it looked horrible even without playing it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
there's a catan card game that's meant for two players

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

the only good catan is with 4 players minimum because the mystery of "which friend is going to leave the group as a result of this game" adds to the game

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i have the card game, its way, way different than the board game

its actually pretty fun

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

can we please put trigger warnings on funded kickstarter links? because they are super depressing

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Werthog 95 posted:

can we please put trigger warnings on funded kickstarter links? because they are super depressing

oh christ

and counting

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's ok but it's not catan at all

the only good catan is with 4 players minimum because the mystery of "which friend is going to leave the group as a result of this game" adds to the game

thankfully when we play 4-player catan we're all such assholes about it that we never end up getting mad at each other

i get ultra competitive when i play games against other people (which is why i avoid competitive multiplayer in p much everything) but catan is like the one place where nobody gets upset about it because we all get ultra competitive

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Migishu posted:

Also apparently it takes $10,000 to make a crappy flash animation

also, one year

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

could you imagine being the kind of person who would pay money for that and then wait with bated breath for 12 calendar months for the fruits of your $5 to appear?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i gave money to this i hopei dont get burned (except that my tongue does)

Hello all!

Hope you are all having a fine start to summer! Just wanted to give you an update----the peppers are doing great, and really starting to take off. We even spotted a bunch of scotch bonnets and lemon drop peppers growing already, and tons of flowers. The PA weather has been fantastic for peppers so far this year----a little bit of rain, lots of sun, and hot hot hot (peppers love that!).

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

theflyingexecutive posted:

could you imagine being the kind of person who would pay money for that and then wait with bated breath for 12 calendar months for the fruits of your $5 to appear?

eh, he lays out a good argument though and his stuff is pretty well made. i just don't have it in me to make fun of that kickstarter when there's so many, many more that are worse

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

was it here where people posted the Megatokyo kickstarter where multiple people have pledged $2000 to be characters in his "visual novel"?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i gave money to this i hopei dont get burned (except that my tongue does)

Hello all!

Hope you are all having a fine start to summer! Just wanted to give you an update----the peppers are doing great, and really starting to take off. We even spotted a bunch of scotch bonnets and lemon drop peppers growing already, and tons of flowers. The PA weather has been fantastic for peppers so far this year----a little bit of rain, lots of sun, and hot hot hot (peppers love that!).

pennsylvanian hot peppers whats wrong with you

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

qirex posted:

was it here where people posted the Megatokyo kickstarter where multiple people have pledged $2000 to be characters in his "visual novel"?

i used to read megatokyo (i was 16 everyone is shameful when their 16, stfu). are they aware that this guy is incapable of adhering to a schedule and will most likely spend the next 20 years whining about how much he sucks & posting lovely sketches instead of providing what they paid for? bc thats what fred "i cant remember his last name" gibson does

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fredrin/megatokyo-visual-novel-game
trigger warnings: anime, funded

13 individual people have pledged $2000, 4 $1000 and over 400 people have pledged more than $100 to "play" a "game" that is just pictures and dialog trees

also this is for "part 1"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

qirex posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fredrin/megatokyo-visual-novel-game
trigger warnings: anime, funded

13 individual people have pledged $2000, 4 $1000 and over 400 people have pledged more than $100 to "play" a "game" that is just pictures and dialog trees

also this is for "part 1"

oh gently caress megatokyo i thought hoped that guy died

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yeah how did he not off himself yet

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

getting paid to produce one drawing every couple weeks and have convention girls throw themselves at him probably staves off suicide

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

It makes a really awesome shot of espresso in like 60 seconds just get one geez.

FINE THEN MAYBE I WILL

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Nomnom Cookie posted:

i used to read megatokyo (i was 16 everyone is shameful when their 16, stfu).
if you were 16 in 2000-2002 it's slightly less shameful

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

FINE THEN MAYBE I WILL

okay i actually bought one, it'll be here thursday

if it's not good you owe me money

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Trig Discipline posted:

"im sorry sir, the diagnosis is terminal australian"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

"It would blend a wide variety of influences from Aronofsky and Kubrick to Woody Allen, John Woo, Werner Fassbinder and Japanese anime (namely Furi Kuri for any otaku out there)."

japanese anime, unlike all the non-japanese japanimation out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Install Gentoo posted:

"im sorry sir, the diagnosis is terminal australian"

yaaaaaayyyyy

srsly though i have two aussie job interviews this month, i'm quite hopeful

• Locked thread